Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Guys, drop the voice discussion please. Nothing happened to his voice. I'm one of the Cascio tracks biggest haters but this time around there really is nothing to fear.

0:14 - Listen closely, there is a very odd multi layered effect on the word "smiled". It isn't auto tune, but rather, sounds like the word was stacked twice, with the second one off beat.

Definately, I don't know how seasoned Professionals can make rookie errors like this, It really bugs me hearing stuff like this in a mix, and its not uncommon in MJ posthumous releases, was less common tho when MJ sheriff'd the tracks.

I hate to say it, I caved :no:
Now I've heard it a few times I love it and I can't wait for the demo.
I don't like the way his voice has been tampered with but I won't let it bother me, we have a new MJ song :beach:
The only thing is though, why did they call it Chicago ? He only says it once. I think She Was Lovin' Me is a great title.

Me too!! And agree on the title. Nice to hear all the excitement though, kinda how I imagine it would have been had forums existed in '92/'95/'01.

For me:
LNFSG should have replaced Girlfriend on OTW
Chicago should have replaced Privacy on Invincible

The only thing is though, why did they call it Chicago ? He only says it once. I think She Was Lovin' Me is a great title.

I see your point on this one. I like She Was Loving Me as well, but that would have made the first three tracks on the album mirror the word "love," which is a bit off putting.

But in a way, it never really bugged me. Michael only said Best of Joy once, yet that was the title. Same with Will You Be There (barring the ending spoken word verse). And heck, he NEVER says Earth Song, Tabloid Junkie or Superfly Sister. :p

Definately, I don't know how seasoned Professionals can make rookie errors like this, It really bugs me hearing stuff like this in a mix, and its not uncommon in MJ posthumous releases, was less common tho when MJ sheriff'd the tracks.

I'm with you on this one. I hate to admit it, because in my opinion, the rest of the song is actually pretty tight and is done well. It's evident that time was put in making the songs sound great, but not enough time put in to make them SOUND great if that makes sense. Ah well, a few little bumps won't really detract my interest in the song as it is.

For me:
LNFSG should have replaced Girlfriend on OTW

Impossible. Off The Wall (1979), Love Never Felt So Good (1983).

Chicago should have replaced Privacy on Invincible

maybe 2000 Watts but not that important personal track, "privacy".

But anyways we got it now and I am happy they still release such songs :)

:D
6r0d1t.png

ahhhh, you guys make me wanna listen to Chicago! But I'm gonna stay strong and wait :D

:blowup:

Norwegian fans.. are Stargate popular in Norway as they are in US? I except Xscape to go #1 in Norway :)

How about Norwegian press? Is it big news in Norway?

Thanks!

I am just excited as all hell to get a REAL album! So far, so good. Still need to hear Chicago in my car to make better judgment. :chillin: I really wanna make this album go #1!!!:punk:

WTF with this voice bullshit? There is NO Cascio tracks on the album! Why do people keep mentioning it!

Maybe it's harder for others to hear the difference so that's why it's so not understandable to be.

I can tell from few seconds (1 line) if it's MJ or not. I knew about Breaking News from the first line that it wasn't him!

What leaked song are you guys most looking forward to ?
I have to say DYKWYCA for me.
Although I want to know what they've done with APWNN, the demo to me was perfect.
I can't wait for next Monday !!!

maybe 2000 Watts but not that important personal track, "privacy".

But anyways we got it now and I am happy they still release such songs :)

Privacy is one of my favfavfavourites of Michael's. And to be honest, I don't think Chicago fits in very well with the style of Invincible. But then, I haven't heard Mike's "version" yet. :)

Lol @ anyone who believes it's not Michael on the "Chicago" record. I think part of that idea lies in the fact that it's a good song that can hold it's own in today's market. Majority of the Michael songs we've gotten aside from Hollywood Tonight, don't possess that ability all on it's own, the only songs we had that could even remotely fit into today's music landscape were the Cascio songs. Now we have something from Michael that is just that amazing that it can top any current artist and whatever song they write for months to come. And some people just find this aspect unbelievable for whatever reason.

Norwegian fans.. are Stargate popular in Norway as they are in US? I except Xscape to go #1 in Norway :)

How about Norwegian press? Is it big news in Norway?

Thanks!

I dont know how well known they are in the US but if you ask a Norwegian on the street of Oslo he/she would most likely know about Stargate team.
Up to know there hasnt been much witing regarding Stargate vs new MJ release.....that I have seen.... but found this one:

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/mi...duserer-ny-michael-jackson-musikk/a/10138934/

I actually really like Chicago. Great vocals by MJ, and it's clear that it's him.

I’m finally home … Listening to the song. I’m trying to find right words but I guess next time. I’m too emotional right now.

People enjoy the moment !!!

Considering Loving You is an officially unheard Bad era track, i gotta hold resistance on this!!!! those recording sessions are heaven for me..

Maybe it's harder for others to hear the difference so that's why it's so not understandable to be.

I can tell from few seconds (1 line) if it's MJ or not. I knew about Breaking News from the first line that it wasn't him!

i knew when it said everybardy wonnin a peace of mackael jacksand

He who wrote it is a flop

Yup, and since the link is now down, I'm gonna assume it was a Roger Friedman article. Everything not Cascio, he's gonna shit on it.

EDIT: Bwahahahahaha!! I was so right. And yup, his gripe is that these songs are trash but the Cascio songs are epic, and because of us, the fans (you read it right, he blames us for the failure of that album and those songs.) we'll never get the hear the epic, more modern material that "Michael" left behind with his pal, Eddie Cascio.

That's the whole article, in a nutshell.

Hello, my name is Alejandro and I'm a Michael Jackson addict. I've been sober for 12 hours, when I last listened to Chicago. Its the best feeling ever, the songs are great quality but I need to stay clean until the 13th. Its gonna be tough, but I gotta try.

Hello, my name is Alejandro and I'm a Michael Jackson addict. I've been sober for 12 hours, when I last listened to Chicago. Its the best feeling ever, the songs are great quality but I need to stay clean until the 13th. Its gonna be tough, but I gotta try.

LOL, MJ is the best addiction ever :D

I say I don't wanna listen to Loving You until after I buy the album...but the force...it's got a lot of power... *falls out* I'm so tempted to just hear the snippet >_

Back