Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The intro with the chains are inspired and I actually enjoy Timbaland "slave" shout outs throughout.

I am a fan of Stewart's version (yes there are those that enjoy it) so I had to listen to this a few times to get Stewart's mix out of my mind. The bridge sounds just like Stewart's bridge to me though.

I am so glad Timbaland took this project on because he corrected the issue I had with Stewart's version. I always wanted Stewart to lower the music and raise Michael's vocals because it is a narrative and Timbaland does just that! The accompanying mix is correct for me because it is frantic (as it should be because the story is about a frantic woman) but, it does not overtake Michael's vocals.

Timbaland is a bad man! If he does not receive a producer of the year award for Xscape, there is no justice.

Adding: this is the first song where I felt it was truly a contemporized mix. The song still has the same meaning but, a cleaner, updated mix.

Last edited:

1. LOVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD
Written by Michael Jackson and Paul Anka
Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain, Giorgio Tuinfort and Paul Anka

2. CHICAGO
Written by Cory Rooney
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson and Cory Rooney
Produced by Timbaland and Jerome Harmon

3. LOVING YOU
Written by Michael Jackson
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson

4. A PLACE WITH NO NAME
Written by Dewey Bunell, Michael Jackson and Dr. Freeze
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson and Dr. Freeze
Produced by Stargate

5. SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM
Written by L.A. Reid and Babyface
Produced by LA Reid and Babyface

6. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE
Written by Michael Jackson
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson

7. BLUE GANGSTA
Written by Michael Jackson and Dr. Freeze
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson and Dr. Freeze
Produced by Timbaland, Jerome Harmon, King Logan and Daniel Jones

8. XSCAPE
Written by Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins, LaShawn Daniels and Fred Jerkins III
Vocals Produced by Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins
Produced by Rodney Jerkins

[...]

17. LOVE NEVER FELT SO GOOD - MICHAEL JACKSON & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
Written by Michael Jackson and Paul Anka
Produced by Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and Jerome Harmon

Official album credits...

Last edited:

So much mean spirits in here, it's sad to read. If Snow White has that opinion you should let her and not start write stuff that sometimes feel like bullying, at least to me it does. You're so mean to each other and so non Michael. :(

No wonder I love "Loving You" so much... written solely by Michael. Happens every album that the songs he wrote by himself are usually my top favs. :wub:

1. Loving You
2. Chicago
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Love Never Felt So Good
5. A Place With No Name

tumblr_mmsjreS54O1s5jjtzo1_250.gif

I have not listened to any of the song either. I don't know when I will either since I'm out of money for a long time forward. And it's really expensive in my country.

I have not listened to any of the song either. I don't know when I will either since I'm out of money for a long time forward. And it's really expensive in my country.

Man help yourself with those SONY streams they're there for you until you can afford to have youir copy (it's not illegal) you have an itunes account ???

The intro with the chains are inspired...

Yeah...a little Jacob Marley goin' on there. :)

And darkmed, that gif is what I'm doing right now....how did ya know?

I'm REALLY digging the intro to STTR - WOW :D

Timbaland has done a fantastic job on this. I really dig the bridge too, I kinda wish the strings from the ad were there, but the song was still great without them. As for A Place With No Name, it has really grown on me since last night and I had to refrain myself from dancing on the sidewalk as I walked to it this morning :p

I can't help but think of this strange woman transporting Michael to this perfect utopian city (the design of which, in my head, slightly resembles Metropolis, except more beautiful, lush and... curvier) ^_^

So far, I've only played 4/9 new songs in full and so far, heres what I think:

Love Never Felt So Good - 4/5
Love Never Felt So Good (Timbaland remix feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4.5/5
A Place With No Name - 4/5 (originally it was probably a 3... maybe 3.5?)
Slave to the Rhythm - 4/5

Like the others have though, STTR likely grow on me a bit more! However, this is it. I'm leaving the rest of the album - snippets included - for when I get my hands on the copy from iTunes. That way at least half of the album can surprise me come Tuesday!

But yeah! So far I'm quite liking Xscape! I can't wait to hear the others (especially the last 3 of the album) :D

8h 'til Blue Gangsta!

Apologies if this is off-topic but, before there is a repeat of the sentiments expressed after APWNN:

Fandom has never been unified. If there was period where fandom was unified for Michael before and after his passing, I somehow missed it.

There is no issue for me if a fan enjoys the songs on any of Michael's cds or not. There is no issue for me if a fan enjoys the songs on posthumous releases like Xscape or not. I prefer that a fan will be HONEST about their views on the cd and I believe everyone is allowed to do just that within the guidelines of the forum.

The world is a big place and I believe there are more pressing issues in life than someone agreeing with another's view on a cd. There is no need to berate anyone simply because they do not agree with another's views about a song(s).

Let. It. Go.

1. Loving You
2. Chicago
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Love Never Felt So Good
5. A Place With No Name

For me, I switch 3 and 4.

No worries, all of them have appeared on YT.

Man help yourself with those SONY streams they're there for you until you can afford to have youir copy (it's not illegal) you have an itunes account ???

Yes I have itunes, but you have to sign up to the Sony site don't you? With a credit card?

Yeah...a little Jacob Marley goin' on there. :)

And darkmed, that gif is what I'm doing right now....how did ya know?

if you're that cute marry me :p

Yes I have itunes, but you have to sign up to the Sony site don't you? With a credit card?

run to this adress if you don't have the sony account : http://xscape.michaeljackson.com/

and if you're itunes account is a US account i'll offer you a copy on release date mate nobody should be in shortage of MJ music

It sucks!!:no:

That I have to wait 5 more days for the album!
lol.. Timbaland's Slave to the Rhythm is just perfection! (whatever you wanna call it!!)
and I really value having him as lead producer for this project.

my favorites now are:

#1 - Slave to the Rhythm
#2 - Loving You
#3 - Chicago
#4 - Love Never Felt So Good (Duet)

I wrote this in my previous post but, I wanted to repost again. There are 8 songs and we have heard 5. I wanted to know how others felt about this. Maybe my idea of contemporizing is not the same as others and/or L.A. Reid.

STTR... this is the first song where I felt it was truly a contemporized mix. The song still has the same meaning but, a cleaner, updated mix.

and if you're itunes account is a US account i'll offer you a copy on release date mate nobody should be in shortage of MJ music

That's so nice of you :)

i got a 30 day trial, i am cancelling after tomorrow haha

off topic but i had to break the news : ladies and gentlemen Minnie before meeting that loser named Mickey :p
meh.ro8156.jpg

Delete.

Back