Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I must say i am sick of the sensitivityin this forum.
Why are some comments seen as negative, if some say's he doesn't like this or that song in this case remix? or slapped in the face with comments like "you are in minority here, everyone else likes the remixes". for me such behaviour is negative and rude.

I don't like Butteflies, have to throw up by YANA, can't stand HTW.

Yeah, most of you are exited to have something new of Michael. but seriously be honest, those remixes suck. don't try to persuade yourself or search of something you like in each song, so you can say they are great or the album is. in few weeks you'll be sick of them.

they could have been much better. the problem is, the producers tried to make something thats hip and in now. not something thats good, cool and great, that can stand the time. and that was Michaels main goal, when he worked and released music.

Its mediocre album. nothing more. the demos in the deluxe makes this release special.

You know, you can always express how you feel, but do you really have to be this RUDE. Seriously. And you don't know how we will feel in a few weeks anyway. So don't try to persuade us on that point.

And on another serious point, what is HTW?

I've been a fanatical fan of MJ since 87 and every time I felt the excitement and the happiness associated with his releases. Always hoping it would top the charts and it would be huge globally. MJ always loved for his albums to be huge in sales and top the charts, so i always wanted it too. Now, I still do of course but regardless of what happens, this album so far has brought me back to those days of excitement and happiness where I get butterflies in my stomach and I can't stop smiling. I know it will never be the same, but in spirit in mind and my heart MJ is Still with me, with us. I haven't slept much in the last week because regardless of what I'm doing after work I come home and the first thing I do is go to this forum, play YT channel and spend hours reading these posts that I don't get my "beauty sleep", but that's okay this is so wonderful right now. The feeling is GREAT.

I know I'm rambling but this project has brought out Michael in a real way, he is being celebrated and is thrilling the world with his amazing talents; whether you think this is a real MJ album or not, his name is out there and the world is rejoicing. I get emotional when I think about this. Michael deserves this. He was and always will be the most incredible, talented musician and entertainer there will ever be and with the help of us fans and the estate his legacy will continue thriving for decades to come. Hail to the KING!!!

I so agree with you!!! Congrats!!!

Why are some comments seen as negative, if some say's he doesn't like this or that song in this case remix? or slapped in the face with comments like "you are in minority here, everyone else likes the remixes". for me such behaviour is negative and rude.

I would have agreed with this but then you do this:

Yeah, most of you are exited to have something new of Michael. but seriously be honest, those remixes suck. don't try to persuade yourself or search of something you like in each song, so you can say they are great or the album is. in few weeks you'll be sick of them.

The problem is not your opinion. The problem is how you act like your opinion and taste is a fact and how others only try to persuade themselves to like the remixes instead of maybe really liking them. Just because you do not like them it doesn't mean others don't either.

You did just the same as what you complain about in your first paragraph - only from the opposite site.

I love MJ's adlib on Xscape:
"YOU'RE A LIAR!"

You know, you can always express how you feel, but do you really have to be this RUDE. Seriously. And you don't know how we will feel in a few weeks anyway. So don't try to persuade us on that point.

And on another serious point, what is HTW?

Heal The World

And MJ's music does sound good on any equipment. I became fan when I was listening MJ for the first time on a radio-cassette player with only one tiny loudspeakers 1.0 in 1987. I loved it! I was listenig so much that I broke several tapes, and in the end it was the radio-cassette that broke down.

However, when for the first time I put the cassette in my walkman that I received as a present, I discovered a whole new level of MJ's music. I was levitating in heaven.

So, sorry to contradict MJ, but even if MJ was in front of me I'd tell him that nothing is better than damn good equipment, at least some good headphones.

What I love about Bruce Swedien, is that in his book he described how he always took out a set of plastic speakers that cost about 5$ and listened to the outcome on the song on them. He explained that it's not enough to have a quality production, it should also be enjoyed by the kids on the streets that can't afford the expensive equipment.

What I love about Bruce Swedien, is that in his book he described how he always took out a set of plastic speakers that cost about 5$ and listened to the outcome on the song on them. He explained that it's not enough to have a quality production, it should also be enjoyed by the kids on the streets that can't afford the expensive equipment.

Of course, but once you experience the real sound, you never go back to the plastic earphones. I am speaking from the listener's point of view.

I am starting to feel that the next single needs to be a release of a song that was beer leaked because love never felt so good is not carting as high as I hoped and I think that's partially due to the fact it's a song many people have been hearing or years.. Maybe once a video is released etc it will spike a it but not getting in billboard top 10 in the US is kind of disappointing for me personally

I am starting to feel that the next single needs to be a release of a song that was beer leaked because love never felt so good is not carting as high as I hoped and I think that's partially due to the fact it's a song many people have been hearing or years.. Maybe once a video is released etc it will spike a it but not getting in billboard top 10 in the US is kind of disappointing for me personally

Entering at #20 is disappointing? Really? This is the third highest debut by an MJ single in MJ's entire career - with only YANA and Scream making a higher debut and Thriller (the single) also made its debut at #20.

A video will come as far as I have heard and of course the promo just started. Be patient. And no, the general public did not spend the last years listening to MJ demos, so they did not know this song before.

I don't like Butteflies, have to throw up by YANA, can't stand HTW.

they could have been much better. the problem is, the producers tried to make something thats hip and in now. not something thats good, cool and great, that can stand the time. and that was Michaels main goal, when he worked and released music.

Its mediocre album. nothing more. the demos in the deluxe makes this release special.

We are being honest. A lot of us actually like the new mixes for the most part, most of them anyway. We have our reasons, so there's no need to convince ourselves of anything. Your problem seems to be, "I think they suck, nobody agree's with me, but I'm right and they're wrong, so stop convincing yourselves it doesn't suck".....Likeee, yea okay.

I can not get enough of the original version of Chicago. I haven't loved an MJ Song this much in years. It's absolutely blown me away. Absolutely pefect. The new version is amazing but the original is so haunting!!!!! Amazing!

Maybe you should read this article

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...erlake-love-never-felt-so-good-hot-100-charts

not quit true. most of the demos are the first versions of the songs. meaning the version first recorded. as stated before, STTR, Chicago, DYKWCA have updated versions by Michael, as he continued to work on them over the years. and the 2010 reWorks. So those demos shouldn't be seen as true Michael's "vision" or final state of the songs.
Only Xscape, BG and APWNN are finalized songs.
I think they also intentionally put the very first recordings of Chicago and STTR, cause they do sound dated or better say, have the vibe of the time when they were recorded. but the songs recorded after 1999, beat the remixes. even timbo and the rest had to admit that (see docu dvd)

Maybe, but the versions that were updated after his death would not fit the album and these are the versions the poster wanted on the album. Frankly, no matter what version they included, someone would've been unhappy.

Entering at #20 is disappointing? Really? This is the third highest debut by an MJ single in MJ's entire career - with only YANA and Scream making a higher debut and Thriller (the single) also made its debut at #20.

A video will come as far as I have heard and of course the promo just started. Be patient. And no, the general public did not spend the last years listening to MJ demos, so they did not know this song before.

Also you need to remember this just after THREE days. It is great start!!

hmmmmmmmmm...let's see:

LNFSG has only been out a week. Charted at #20 on Billboard Hot 100, #6 R&B. Top 10 ITunes US all week. #1 in several countries. Major commercials with song appearing Worldwide and during peak TV viewing in US. Oh yeah...let's scrap that and release another single.

only in MJJ-Land.

you know even established of the moment artists would be elated with a Top 10 itunes or a Top 20 Billboard hot 100.

We should be grateful...music industry is changing really rapidly and we, MJ fans, may never have a moment like this, ever again. Of course I want MJ to be #1 on every single chart, I want it to become the hit song of summer 2014, but I am also very pleased with LNFSG's performance so far.

And more importantly, what are YOU doing to contribute to the song's success?

Yes, but who can really make music stand the test of time, if we're being honest? Very few producers (nowadays) can make timeless music...That was Michael's genius, no one else can really create that - it's next to impossible. I enjoy the whole album, new versions and all, because I know that no one can do it better than Michael and unfortunately, he's not here. I think the producers know that Mike was the true legend, they're not trying to match him.

So I'm enjoying what they've given us - something for everyone! I'm not gonna pretend that anyone can do it better than Michael and I don't expect anyone to :)

Last edited:

From the booklet :)
Scanned by me.

1fbexh.jpg

While albums often debut #1 or so on the charts these days, for singles some time is needed to grow.

The biggest current hit perhaps is Pharrell's Happy and it was released last November. It became #1 this March.

The current #1 by John Legend, All of Me was released last August! It first became #1 last week.

My ranking for now:

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- John McClain: 8.5/10
- Timbaland: 8/10
- Original: 5/10

2. Chicago
- Timbaland: 9/10
- Original: 9/10

3. Lovin' You
- Timbaland: 7.5/10
- Original: 5/10

4. A Place Without No Name
- Stargate: 10/10
- Original: 7/10

5. Slave 2 The Rythmn
- Timbaland: 10/10
- Tricky Stewart: 7/10
- Original: 8/10

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are?
- 2010 Leaked: 9/10

7. Blue Gangster
- Original: 10/10

8. Xscape
- Rodney Jerkins: 7.5/10
- Original: 10/10

My review :)

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- Timbaland: 8.5/10
- Original: 4/10

2. Chicago
- Timbaland: 8/10
- Original: 6/10

3. Lovin' You

4. A Place Without No Name
- Stargate: 6/10