Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Just read on another site that apparently Jermaine has now commented on the new album to TMZ,...he's only heard one song and apparently J5 should have been apart of the work with Timbaland.

Okay, I went and listened to the video of Jermaine speaking and he did say he like the song Xscape, does'nt think they should be releasing the music without MJ, the Estate did'nt consult the family and he also said J5 could've been Timbaland as it relates to this project...J5 is where it all started.

Last edited:

BOOM : Vinyl Exclusive track :D

10294322_10152385588211445_2815026721248589560_n.jpg

It would be amazing if it is Hot fun :D :D I can see it released on the vinyl :D :D

Hello there! that's what I want to see :D.

But I would really prefer a Deluxe Edition of the Vinyl to be honest.

Wonder what this bonus track can be...

amazon.de says the bonus track is the duet version of LNFSG. :/

Well, It says "Exclusive" , That means something that will be ONLY released on Vinyl :D So it would be very very odd if they were referring to the duet, cause they would have listed it like normal !!!

Just read on another site that apparently Jermaine has now commented on the new album to TMZ,...he's only heard one song and apparently J5 should have been apart of the work with Timbaland.

None of us should expect any praise from Michael's siblings, other than Jackie. Jackie is cool... the rest of them are probably green with envy.

Edited to add... I commented before watching the video. Jermaine did praise the song Xscape, but he voiced his objection to posthumous material being released (unless of course, it contains some J5 material :smilerolleyes:). But the guy from TMZ is definitely trying to trick him up to get him to say something that might start some controversy (no surprise there).

Last edited:

My top list on Xscape:

1. A Place Without No Name (Stargate) 10/10
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Timbaland) 9.5/10 / Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original) 9.5/10
3. Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland) 9.5/10
4. Slave To The Rhythm (Original) 9/10
5. Blue Gangsta (Timbaland) 9/10
6. Chicago (Original) 9/10
7. Xscape (Original) 8.5/10
8. A Place Without No Name (Original) 8.5/10
9. Loving You (Timbaland) 8/10
10.Blue Gangsta (Original) 8/10
11.Xscape (R. Jerkins) 8/10
12.Love Never Felt So Good feat. Justin Timberlake 7.5/10
13.Loving You (Original) 7/10
14.Love Never Felt So Good (Timbaland) 6.5/10
15.Love Never Felt So Good (Original) 6/10
16.Chicago (Timbaland) 6/10

Total: 82%

Agree about Blue Gangsta. The original is not my favorite either but it's just a lot more interesting and evocative with its different instruments. Love the accordion and piano especially, gives the song a certain flair. It paints imagery in a way that Michael was good at.

The remix just completely removes that and doesn't really add anything instead. I find it to be really messy and hard to listen to. Timbaland seemed pretty proud of it in the documentary but I think it's easily his worst work on the album. It's just... a lot, but that doesn't mean it's interesting or good.

So very true. The original has a feeling of a smooth criminal pub... would have been a perfect candidate to a James Bond movie, especially with the James Bond style horns throughout the song. Really love the leaked version the most. The demo on the album is an earlier one with less effects. You'll hear a Spanish guitar instead of the Western whistle before the chorus, among other things.

Also, if you never heard the Fugees remix for Blue Gangsta, look for it on the "internets". It's an incredible remake of the song, while staying true to the original. I just love it.

hey guys :)Let's trend on twitter in May 13th & spread the word of XSCAPE album everywhere hehe? also in FB..tumblr...pintere st & google+

Okay, I went and listened to the video of Jermaine speaking and he did say he like the song Xscape, does'nt think they should be releasing the music without MJ, the Estate did'nt consult the family and he also said J5 could've been Timbaland as it relates to this project...J5 is where it all started.

His ideas are stupid, because those records were not J5 songs but MJ songs. But he wasn't against the project in my opinion. He said that he heard Xscape song and that he likes it. And that he likes Timbaland as a producer (in general).

For everyone, Love Never Felt So Good is No. 24 again on the UK Official Top 40, it also seems that the sales of Love Never Felt So Good seem to be increasing on the iTunes chart.

Michael wanted his next album after Invincible to be titled "Xscape." But when the song leaked, it kind of ruined that for him.

I am actually sad that MJ didn't parallelly continue to do things with his brothers. Victory Tour was awesome and many other things could have been achieved post Victory Tour.

Can you imagine an album every year? :D

The Jacksons 1976
Goin' Places 1977
Destiny 1978
Off The Wall 1979
Triumph 1980
Live 1981
Thriller 1982/83
Victory 1984

Dayum it should have contiuned like that, but no.

1985: gap
1986: gap

1987: BAD

1988: gap
1989: gap
1990: gap

1991: Dangerous

1992: gap
1993: gap
1994: gap

1995: History

1996: gap
1997: gap
1998: gap
1999: gap
2000: gap

2001: Invincible

2002-2009: gap

Okay, STTR is my jam! can't stop listening to it! Love hearing the part close to the end where he repeats the word 'home' twice :)

His ideas are stupid, because those records were not J5 songs but MJ songs. But he wasn't against the project in my opinion. He said that he heard Xscape song and that he likes it. And that he likes Timbaland as a producer (in general).

Jermaine needs to shut up. I like that guy's music, but he's the Jackson I like the least, apart from Joe.

Okay, STTR is my jam! can't stop listening to it! Love hearing the part close to the end where he repeats the word 'home' twice :)

The original has such a cool vibe to it....vocals are incredible and no matter what mix it is, they just can't be held down...I'm loving it more and more every time...

Just heard a radio advert of LNFSG, on one of UK's biggest stations, Capital FM

I'm just now understanding where they went with the new "DYKWYCA." The new mix is excellent, and has a sort of mysterious vibe.

Blue Gangsta is also great.

I actually prefer the last four songs, compared to the first four. The second side is even better than the first.

For everyone, Love Never Felt So Good is No. 24 again on the UK Official Top 40, it also seems that the sales of Love Never Felt So Good seem to be increasing on the iTunes chart.

I think it was 27 at last week-debut.

I am actually sad that MJ didn't parallelly continue to do things with his brothers. Victory Tour was awesome and many other things could have been achieved post Victory Tour.

The Jacksons 1976
Goin' Places 1977
Destiny 1978
Off The Wall 1979
Triumph 1980
Live 1981
Thriller 1982/83
Victory 1984

The Jacksons albums from the 'The Jacksons' up to 'Victory' were sooo good esp. Destiny's That's What You Get (For Being Polite)

The Jacksons 1976
Goin' Places 1977
Destiny 1978
Off The Wall 1979
Triumph 1980
Live 1981
Thriller 1982/83
Victory 1984

He didn't wanted to do the Victory Tour (which you know obviously), and the brothers and Joe wanted to do a re-unite concert in 1989 (mostly because Joe was bankrupt), but they couldn't win Michael for the project. I forgot what my point was, but we should remember, that he didn't wanted to be part of the group.

Last edited:

J5? Remixing a song like Blue Gangsta or Slave to the Rhythm?

Uh... no.

He hated them, he didn't wanted to do the Victory Tour (which you know obviously), the brothers wanted to do a
re-unite concert in 1989, but couldn't win Michael for the project.

Michael didn't hate his brothers. He (a) hated the fact that they always asked him for money because their own careers didn't take off; and (b) wanted to focus on his solo career, and was finished with the family band. He loved his brothers as family; he was annoyed with them as band mates.

Moreover, Michael didn't want to do the reunion concert in 1989, but he eventually caved and agreed to it, though the deal with the promoters fell apart.

He hated them, he didn't wanted to do the Victory Tour (which you know obviously), the brothers wanted to do a
re-unite concert in 1989, but couldn't win Michael for the project. I forgot what my point was, but we should remember, that he didn't wanted to be part of the group.

I don't think he hated them. It's his family no matter how they are.

I don't think he hated them. It's his family no matter how they are.

I think he hated the fact that his brothers would always fight in the studio...one evidence is why they have a painting as an album cover lol

Also on their documentary from 2009-2010(?), they were fighting while in the booth recording haha

@ Zakk you realize that i was joking around this morning about opinions and stuff ???? i just saw some posts callin' for peace while there was no war oO

I think he hated the fact that his brothers would always fight in the studio...one evidence is why they have a painting as an album cover lol

Also on their documentary from 2009-2010(?), they were fighting while in the booth recording haha

Really? I've never heard this before. :fencing:

Correction: The LNFSG advert was broadcast on 140 radio stations today during the Top 40 including Capital FM.The Vodafone Top 40 listed it as No. 23.

Brothers do such things.

According to Jermaine, Michael was half considering going on a reunion tour with his brothers after This Is It because his mother wanted to see her sons reunite again. Not sure how much truth is in that statement, but I doubt Michael would have done it.

Back