Your Last MJ-Related Purchase

Re: Your last MJ purchase

Hmm you guys are so lucky. I'm so confused and sad at the same time! I seriously do not know where to start collecting from! Aany advice? Or is there some kind of list of the top items ? There are soooooo many things!!

^Yup. Collecting can be overwhelming, and while it might be impossible to own everything that has been released, you can always focus on certain albums, eras or types of memorabilia to make collection goals more attainable. I use the MJJ Collectors website as a reference and am currently working on completing my dolls and figures collection - minus the Hot Toys Billie Jean doll, which I'll never get unless a really good deal comes along :p

Hmm you guys are so lucky. I'm so confused and sad at the same time! I seriously do not know where to start collecting from! Aany advice? Or is there some kind of list of the top items ? There are soooooo many things!!

I'd recommend collecting only the things you really love. This way, it doesn't matter if they are not 'rare' or if they 'don't increase in value over time' because you will always be glad that you have them. As well as thinking about what you especially like, think about where and how you would like to display things, so that you can enjoy them. You might prefer to collect only things that are 'useful' eg music, books, or only things that are decorative eg posters or photos. Or only certain types of concert memorabilia eg tickets and passes. I think in practice, many collectors pick up a mixture of things, and sometimes your preferences change over time, so you end up selling some things to buy others.

Many people prefer to avoid bootlegs, so I agree with Rhilo that MJJ collectors website is a good place to look, to see the range of official items available. You'll also get an idea of prices too. Rare things are usually very expensive ( hundreds of pounds / up to thousands) and/ or might only be available by swapping other rare things with fans. I would start 'small' and see what 'grabs you'. I'd also be VERY cautious about e-bay, and take time to learn what is 'real and what is 'fake'.

Last edited:

Ofcourse the rare items will be hard to get. Was getting all greedy about everthing :p. But I guess thats a good idea, to start looking at what appeals to me most. Thanks so much for the advice!

I just got into MJ again recently soooo... but I think the last thing I bought that related to him was the MJ Treasures book. It was filled with all sorts of collectibles and posters in it and it was a really cool book. Think I'll go on eBay and buy an MJ shirt this week :D

I got that book too, Marvelis. It's really wonderful. I picked it up for only £8 at HMV.

HI need your help guys. I want to buy DtD book, but dont know which one? There's one with Michael on it wearing the '88 Beat It jacket, and the black one with his hand on his fedora. Sooo ya. Csn someone help :blush:

^ Sorry, can't help ya :/

I finally got the Moonwalker bluray, another fellow fan was selling it but it was brand new. You can see literally evvverrrything there :D So happy :)

Bought these things! ;) heehee
michael-jackson-sequin-stripe-pants-s.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Swarovski-Crystal-Socks-2.jpg

mj-fedora-hat-with-name.jpg

I already have the billie jean jacket and the rhinestone glove :)

I think I found the answer. I read that they re-published it in 2009 or 2010(can't remember), so they probably just changed the cover. Not sure though so if anyone knows why there are two versions, please tell me why.
Im probably getting the one they published in 1992, safest to do.

here are a few of my last purchases of the last months.

IMG_6724_zps79c6d8d8.jpg

IMG_6725_zps61cbc1d6.jpg

IMG_6726_zpsfff52c1a.jpg

IMG_6727_zps4abfbb50.jpg

IMG_6728_zpse89a30a2.jpg

IMG_6729_zps7f62cbf9.jpg

the you are not alone mcd on the right is the japanese edtion. the other one is the mcd with the rock with you mixes.

^Love it for obvious reasons :wild:

I'm a little sad, because one of my packages has gone missing and this is the first time in a long time that has happened. I'm kind of, temporarily I guess, put-off buying from ebay as a result. Did get these two recently, bought around the same time as the lost items. Hope they turn up eventually for me...

LJN Thriller doll, which completes my LJN doll set:
$T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8Hy1BQ7dp%29fr%29g%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Still sealed Japanese Souvenir Singles box set

0409301d-3103-4195-8fe5-248fea951fe6_zpsd3ece740.jpg

^No. It was sold as NIP, and I'm not about to remove it to find out. However, the White box looks brand new under the plastic wrap, so I have no reason to doubt.

Why do you ask?

Last edited:

So I got this Victoury Tour tshirt with Mike in the middle ofcourse ..:shifty: It's plain black so i got a pic of front only

35n2fm0.jpg

So I got this Victoury Tour tshirt with Mike in the middle ofcourse ..:shifty: It's plain black so i got a pic of front only

35n2fm0.jpg

were you at the Jacksons concert? Because I got the same t-shirt at one of there shows in London. I must say its a really cool old skool one too :)

^ yea I was! I liked this one most tho, there was one of when they were younger too but it was a grey shirt didnt like it as much as this one :p
*high five* for having the same one!

I want the BAD tour staff jacket!!! but it's too ex. :(

5 official posters from Bad era. I caved in after taking a break from buying since losing a package :(

T2eC16RHJGIE9nnWqVWBRR4kpqvSQ60_12_zps44a7c15e.jpg
T2eC16h8E9s4l90J7BRR7bi8060_12_zpsc6d082f6.jpg

T2eC16RHJIYE9qUcOQF3BRR6IFFMeg60_12_zpsd373cc1b.jpg
T2eC16NHJHQE9nzEjPBRR53iTK60_12_zps91bdcdf8.jpg

T2eC16RHJIQE9qUHsjyKBRR6pd181g60_12_zps35146790.jpg

Oh i love those Rhilo. I almost gave up too after someone insisted they didnt receive my payment, but early in the morning it arrived! It was like Santa came by :p
Anyway, I finally found a first print of Dancing the Dream:D

These are some of the more recent purchases I've made. It was like Christmas when I went to pick them up :wub: they're mostly vintage stickers, photos, a magnet, a vinyl decal and a few t-shirts (one of which I wore to school the next day lol) :girl_love:

tumblr_mlc1b0Tl1N1r22etvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mljhh7Bcee1r22etvo1_1280.jpg

Back