Your most-intense-goosebumps-Michael moment?

Xscape2041

Proud Member
What was your most intense goosebumps-moment with/about Michael? Was it listening to a certain song, watching a short film, attending a concert?

Mine was watching and hearing the lightman intro of TII in the cinema (about 3 years ago). Gave me chills!!!
If not that, it would probably be attending the history tour, but I was to little and/or it's too long ago to remebember it vividly.

Jam toaster entrance on the Dangerous Tour
Smooth Criminal short film
This Is It light man intro
The Way You Make Me Feel and Man In The Mirror live at the 1988 grammy's
Earth Song live at the 1996 World Music Awards

As far as Songs?
Some songs I hear for the first time, can really catch me off guard or as the title say give me 'goosebumps' like "Scared of the moon" or "I'm so blue" :blush:

As far as shortfilms?
I really 'dig' Thriller, BAD and Ghosts... :wub:
I also adore The way you make me feel and Dirty Diana...
Oh, the making of In the closet :heat:

As far as Concerts?
Motown 25 where Michael 'showcased' the Moonwalk for the first time...
Any Billie Jean performance always 'knocks me off my feet'...
The GOLD pants in the HIStory tour :heat:

As far as 'meeting' Michael?
It was the 'sparkle' of :heart: in his eyes when he glanced at me...

So, for the MOST INTENSE GOOSEBUMP moment?
I would choose 'meeting' Michael... Michael has the most radiant aura ever and his eyes are filled with pure :heart: and care :swoon:

It's got to be the earth song performance WMA's the dance moves were from another planet, i think those hints of dance are the best a human has ever moved, there was something in the air that night, you can see it.

popcorn-MJ.gif
:shifty: :naughty:

Definitely the Earth Song performance at the 96 World Music Awards. I am so totally glad that I had taped the entire award show back then.

Any of Michael's Billie Jean performances. But I especially totally L.O.V.E. the one at the Munich Dangerous Concert. I think that performance is one of the best ones I had ever seen from him.

Being 16 years old and seeing Michael for the first time ever in gold pants. Been a gold pants girl ever since that wonderful day.

Seeing my first MJ concert ever. That was the Dangerous Bucharest Concert. I remember being 12 years old back in 1992. And I just could not take my eyes off of that concert.

And the little Who Is It performance Michael did on the Oprah Interview. Ever since first seeing and hearing that song nearly 20 years ago on that interview. I had this strange obsession with that song. And it has remain the only MJ song I have ever been obsessed with.

- Motown 25 Billie Jean performance and the Moonwalk

- Grammy Awards 1988 full rendition

- Any Dirty Diana live performance, but mostly MSG *drool*

- Smooth Criminal live - from any concert/tour

- Human Nature live from the Bad tour concert

- Beat It - opening on cherry picker - any concert/any tour

- This ---> Last part of any Billie Jean performance - when the lights turn down and it's just Michael and the drums *droooool*

- Dangerous live - 1995 MTV VMAs

- All concert openings - any era

LOL and everything else. Most of Michael's performances induce goosebumps for me :D

MTV 10th anniversary when the angel comes down and embraces him in Will You Be There.

Billie Jean live from Dangerous tour.
Man In The Mirror always, but particulary the Grammy performance.

Billie Jean has always been an OMG moment for me from his very first to his last performace.

The 2nd spin in Man In The Mirror always gives me gosebumps. Esp when he goes all out like in Monza and Wurzburg :D

Every Billie Jean performance I´ve seen live.

And meeting Michael, best moments ever.

The Very First Moment I Saw Michael appear on stage for the BAD Concert in Werchter, Belgium! :heart:
Many more like this came along, but that was Such An Amazing Feeling, Seeing Michael before my very own eyes!! :D

As far as 'meeting' Michael?
It was the 'sparkle' of :heart: in his eyes when he glanced at me...
The Very First Moment I Saw Michael appear on stage for the BAD Concert in Werchter, Belgium! :heart:
Many more like this came along, but that was Such An Amazing Feeling, Seeing Michael before my very own eyes!! :D

:shifty: :naughty:

listening to...

-Maria for the first time and many many other times after
-Ain't No Sunshine live version off Live at the Forum album for the first time and many many other times after
-the adlib part in Who Is It
-this very part from Will You Be There :
But they told me/A man should be faithful/And walk when not able/
And fight till the end/But I'm only human

As you can see, the first thing that comes to mind is all about what I HEARD, not saw.
He gives you everything you need visually and I can't get enough of watching him dance, but for some reason, I can't think of any particular performance right now...
:scratch:

Mine's a little different.
About a week after Michael's death I was walking my girlfriend's dog in the rain. I was feeling very sad so I said out loud, "Micheal, if your in heaven give me a sign." A monent later there was a flash of lightning and a thunder peel.
all I could do was tear up and say "Thank you"

Mine's a little different.
About a week after Michael's death I was walking my girlfriend's dog in the rain. I was feeling very sad so I said out loud, "Micheal, if your in heaven give me a sign." A monent later there was a flash of lightning and a thunder peel.
all I could do was tear up and say "Thank you"
That's deep. Thanks for sharing.
If you tell this story to some others, esp. those who are not fans, they might laugh at you or say things like, "You made it up, right?" or "That's too much even for a fan."
But here, you can feel at home cuz you have your supporters when it comes to dealing with the sadness.

Mine are:
HIStory World Tour Bucharest (because I was there) and especially the song I'll Be There (it always used to make me cry)

And another moment would be the TII Man in the Mirror. Saw it in the cinema - Michael on the huge screen with arms stretched... Even my friend (who's a man), who wasn't a MJ fan, started crying...

95 MTV performance (my jaw was on the floor when I first time watched it, my very first MJ experience and the beginning of my fan life :cheeky:)

Billie jean performances, motown 25 is the only billie jean I am not quite impressed, probably because I watched many his others first.

moonwalk, the first time I saw it I suspected mj was on the backward escalator walking or wore some trick shoes. It took me a while to convince he just did it perfectly, effortlessly, smoothly and naturally.

smooth criminal short film.

The songs: who is it/morphine

There are many goosebumps moments, but these are what I can think of at this moment.

Last edited:
"I never thought that I would stop dreamin' about you
Stop being without you
But everyone told me so, to stop caring about you
and start being without you
but I'll find a way to go and start doin' without you
and stop talkin' aboout you
and what will she say?
She will say I was the man that got away"

I had major goosebumps the first time I heard that part of Heartbreaker.

Man in the Mirror live.
Those live ad-libs get me every time. Possibly the greatest example of Michael's ability to convey strong emotions just by singing. When he sings "Stand up for me brother, stand up for me sister," you can tell he really means it.

Back