Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

before I thought he'd have been able tod do all 50, but now I'm not so sure. He had horrible arthritits in his back, and didn't they say he had cracked ribs too?

he didn't dance like he had those problems, in 'this is it' the movie. he danced like he had no problems at all.

The This Is It schedule was very easy on him: one location, a day off after every show... compared to what he did for Bad, Dangerous en History this is it really was a piece of cake.

you can't possibly know that, for any artist, unless you are the artist, yourself, and experience it, yourself. that was almost a whole year's worth of performing.

PM #148 ASIS vbmenu_register("postmenu_2561598", true);
member.gif

My Mood:
Bored.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
1. He was 50 years old, not 70

2. The tour was RESIDENCY, flying was MJ's biggest complaint and it's not even present here!

3. Madonna is doing here most successful tour ever and she's 50.

4. There are breaks between each show AND there is a very big break in between.

5. MJ won't be singing and dancing for two straight hours, there is lip syncing, there are other performances by the cast, and there are A LOT of slow songs that don't require dancing.

6. Autopsy showed MJ being healthy, not fragile.

This is just another topic because it's just Michael Jackson. MJ was fine, the cocktail of drugs killed him, not the tour.

his other biggest complaint was that 'touring put me through HELL' and what Michael does on stage cannot be compared to what Madonna and others do onstage. surely, everybody else who dances, doesn't do the type of dancing MJ did...and the pyros and being shot from a cannon underground..and other stuff..and lip synching is fifty fifty, and the dancing he does, more than makes up for it, as if, the art requires it, and no one else could sing at all, if they performed like MJ, with his choreography. and he didn't lip synch nearly as much as some people complained that he did. a lot of times, he ad libbed, at the end of those songs. nobody wants to tour forever, and MJ made it clear, that he didn't. he had his reasons. anybody else would, too. and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a person being healthy. it's just about wearing a body out, after a time. it could run the healthiest person into the ground, after a while, no matter how old they are. Janis Joplin died from touring, in her 20s. there's just simply things we can't know, unless we walk in the artist's moccasins.

Last edited:

MJ would only be doing 2 shows a week. He did a lot more than during Dangerous and HIStory Tours. Yes he hadnt toured in 12 years but he was in 1 location. There wasnt jet lag etc constantly.

Yes I think he could have.............did he want to? I dont think so.

I definitely think he could have done the shows, and I think that his passion and attention to detail in This Is It proves that he WANTED to do the shows (well maybe not all 50), but he was definitely excited.

Watching TII I've noticed he was very concentrated, focus, but I also think he had some pains in his back... it's just my opinion. He wasn't either as young nor as healthy and strong as during his last tour but I truly believe he knew, what he was doing.
He's Michael Jackson, he breaks every record. In my opinion he could and would make it for us

50 shows, all in a row, no. I dont know if anyone could do that. Thats serious hard work, especially with what he puts into his shows. I think he could have done 50, if he had a fair amount of breaks inbetween. Even though he still looked stunning, you have to remember he was 50. Im 30 and couldnt do it. And Michael's shows are alot different to Madonnas. His dancing is far more faster paced. I think management kept forgetting that.

I think they should've stayed with 10 shows..because I think the stress is what killed him in the end..the weight loss to having sleep problems..but if he would've had the right people to aid him (not the "yes" men that were around him like his doctor), then I think he would've gotten through the 50 shows..Just the fact that he was healthy is what makes me sick to my stomach..In my opinion, his death was stupid..and it makes me sad..

Last edited:

if focused and wanting to then yes,however he needed his rest and off days.

touring is grueling and takes alot out of you.

would have been interesting to see it all unfold.

Based on TII film footage - yes he could have done 50 shows, his voice was magical, his dancing was brilliant as ever and based on the fact that he would only be doing 2 shows a week - then yes he would have done them and enjoyed it, cos thats what he was about, a born entertainer and he loved the fans. x

i have one question : how come that when the schdual of the 50 shows was on the official site there were only one day break between the concerts ..but after MJ's death everybody is talking about only TOW concerts a week????

Hello !

This is the schedule...

· 13TH JULY 2009*
· 16TH JULY 2009
· 18TH JULY 2009
· 22ND JULY 2009
· 24TH JULY 2009
· 26TH JULY 2009
· 28TH JULY 2009
· 30TH JULY 2009
· 1ST AUGUST 2009
· 3RD AUGUST 2009
· 10TH AUGUST 2009
· 12TH AUGUST 2009
· 17TH AUGUST 2009
· 19TH AUGUST 2009
· 24TH AUGUST 2009
· 26TH AUGUST 2009
· 28TH AUGUST 2009
· 30TH AUGUST 2009
· 1ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 3RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 6TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 8TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 23RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 27TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 29TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 7TH JANUARY 2010
· 9TH JANUARY 2010
· 12TH JANUARY 2010
· 14TH JANUARY 2010
· 16TH JANUARY 2010
· 18TH JANUARY 2010
· 23RD JANUARY 2010
· 25TH JANUARY 2010
· 27TH JANUARY 2010
· 29TH JANUARY 2010
· 1ST FEBRUARY 2010
· 3RD FEBRUARY 2010
· 8TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 10TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 12TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 16TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 18TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 20TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 22ND FEBRUARY 2010
· 24TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 1ST MARCH 2010*
· 3RD MARCH 2010*
· 6TH MARCH 2010*

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63772

^ thanks alot.

I think it would have been rough for a while, and I'm sure he would have been tired. But looking at how many rehersals he was doing, I think he would have made it through all 50.

1. He was 50 years old, not 70

2. The tour was RESIDENCY, flying was MJ's biggest complaint and it's not even present here!

3. Madonna is doing here most successful tour ever and she's 50.

4. There are breaks between each show AND there is a very big break in between.

5. MJ won't be singing and dancing for two straight hours, there is lip syncing, there are other performances by the cast, and there are A LOT of slow songs that don't require dancing.

6. Autopsy showed MJ being healthy, not fragile.

This is just another topic because it's just Michael Jackson. MJ was fine, the cocktail of drugs killed him, not the tour.
:clapping:thank you. I absolutely agree.
It was jet lag that was the biggest problem for him on tours.

although in the rehearsals, i saw him with a lot of energy, i believe that 50 was two much shows, it would had been better less shows in a bigger place.

nah, realistically he was way too thin, and 50 was way too many. 10 maybe but seeing as he hadnt performed for 12 years....

I voted yes. 27 shows with a few days rest inbetween should have been fine for him. Some preformers in the west end do 2/3 shows a day,everyday. It would be a few hours work each night,then a few days to recooperate. Pretty cushy really.

A little off topic but in queer as folk theres a part where Brian is feeling down because he thinks hes not as young and perfect as he once was,and his best friend michael tells him "you will always be young,and you will always be beautiful,your Brian Kinny FFS" Its the same with this,"he's Michael Jackson ffs!" There are no limits to what he could do,he could do it all!

I'm a bit shocked so many people have such little faith in him, he sold tickets for 50 nights and i wouldn't like to believe he wouldn't have let his fans down.

i don't think it's a question of faith. i think it's a question of the bigness of the dollar signs in AEG's eyes. first ten, then fifty..i really think they were thinking about at least 500 shows..or three years, as much money as they could get out of him..Phillips thought out loudly, as much...he spoke of similar plans..
i think this is about duping Michael, and not having consideration for HIS feelings. and maybe, his childrens' feelings. so i don't think he could've done 50, because i don't think the number really would have been 50. it would have been much more, unbeknownst to Michael.

At the weight he was no. I thought he could at first but after seeing a picture of him getting fitted for a costume. No.

The thing is that he looked so fragile even before the concerts started, you know. Thinking about how he would probably even loose more weight during performances....that is a scary thought. I never loose my faith in Michael"s abbilities since he is the best performer in the universe...but still. I was just worried, because as long as I can remember, he never looked so thin BEFORE the concerts.
I miss him so.......

This is the schedule...

· 13TH JULY 2009*
· 16TH JULY 2009
· 18TH JULY 2009
· 22ND JULY 2009
· 24TH JULY 2009
· 26TH JULY 2009
· 28TH JULY 2009
· 30TH JULY 2009
· 1ST AUGUST 2009
· 3RD AUGUST 2009
· 10TH AUGUST 2009
· 12TH AUGUST 2009
· 17TH AUGUST 2009
· 19TH AUGUST 2009
· 24TH AUGUST 2009
· 26TH AUGUST 2009
· 28TH AUGUST 2009
· 30TH AUGUST 2009
· 1ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 3RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 6TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 8TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 23RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 27TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 29TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 7TH JANUARY 2010
· 9TH JANUARY 2010
· 12TH JANUARY 2010
· 14TH JANUARY 2010
· 16TH JANUARY 2010
· 18TH JANUARY 2010
· 23RD JANUARY 2010
· 25TH JANUARY 2010
· 27TH JANUARY 2010
· 29TH JANUARY 2010
· 1ST FEBRUARY 2010
· 3RD FEBRUARY 2010
· 8TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 10TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 12TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 16TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 18TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 20TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 22ND FEBRUARY 2010
· 24TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 1ST MARCH 2010*
· 3RD MARCH 2010*
· 6TH MARCH 2010*

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63772

If you look at it. Its perfectly placed out so MJ got plenty of rest between shows.

There would be about 4 or 5 shows with a day of in between. Then he would have a whole week of. Then another 4 shows with a day break in between before there was a 4 or 5 day break. Then of course there was the huge break between September and January.

I have been following this very debate, in my opinion, Michael could have done 50 shows, with intervals of course, watched and reviewed several times THIS IS IT, I thought Michael and capable of performing the show, knew what he wanted and how he wanted ,the question 50 years, I do not think any problem could have up to 60 years or more, what counts is the head, the energy of each one, Michael had a lot of energy and vitality, he was doing what he loved, do not believe in no event shall theory that he used drugs.

I'm not sure , for some reason I had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to do these shows =/ and don't get me wrong I still believed he could perform just I thought maybe some dates would have been cancelled or postpone for whatever reason. He was too thin in this is it for me but from the looks of it it would have been a great show.

YES! I do think he caould have done 50 shows with the breaks included. When he came on stage and he heard all of the fans screaming for him back in March, he was elated!!! That gave him the motivation to work on doing the 50. He said himself, "on two condions", 1) having a home in the country where he could relax with his family an dnot being couped up in a hotel. and 2) to be in the Guinness World Record.

After seeing the TII extras and knowing how the audience would have responded to his incredible extravaganza, I believe even moreso he would have been invigorated and energized every show as we would have been and he'd have wanted every one possible to see it.

NO show ever would have been its equal. Because there is no star like Michael ever to have had the power or desire to make such a unique and exceptional experience for their audience.

YES! he could have done 50. He had created a masterpiece and would have wanted to share it with the world.

With the film vignettes providing him more rest periods and other planning to help his endurance, I believe he spiritually and physically would have accomplished every goal he had set for himself with this concert, be it emotionally, financially and environmentally.

It would have been a magical experience for everyone, including MJ.

I honestly think even Michael didn't know the answer to this question.

yea i think he was ready..it that 3 month break period he could have added more stuff to the concert. Maybe special apperances, add more songs, he would have made it better...just in my opinion. So all in all he was READY...**sigh**

Awww man. I cant believe what im reading in here.......

Michael knew his limits. He wasnt stupid. Far from it :S

Awww man. I cant believe what im reading in here.......

Michael knew his limits. He wasnt stupid. Far from it :S

YES! THIS! totally agree with you! :clapping: Michael was VERY smart....

Back