Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

I don't know how to explain it, but during Thriller he didn't look so frail, he was young of course and I know he was prob. "skinnier" during the 80's. But he was mainly vegetarian, I believe that as he got older that habit wasn't as recurrent (eating mainly a vegetarian diet). Reason why I would expect him to be a bit more buff than he was during the TII rehearsals..that's what I'm trying to say.

But Michael wasn't trying to get buff. Michael wanted to be slim. Lou Ferrigno (Who was Michael's personal trainer) said that when he would work out with Michael, Michael would use the exercise ball, resistance bands and a treadmill. Michael said he didn't want to lift weights cause he didn't want to grow big muscles

But Michael wasn't trying to get buff. Michael wanted to be slim. Lou Ferrigno (Who was Michael's personal trainer) said that when he would work out with Michael, Michael would use the exercise ball, resistance bands and a treadmill. Michael said he didn't want to lift weights cause he didn't want to grow big muscles

I still don't think you understand what I tried to say. I know he didn't want to. I said, I would expect him to, and when I say buff I don't mean muscles. It's about having a much healthier look to him than he did. Of course he was slim and wanted to stay that way, not to gain weight, yet be physically capable of performing tough routines. But again, although in the 80's he was also slim his complexion was better. Around TII he had a different feel to him and prob was because of his age. He might have been healthier than he looked but still.

Last edited:

^The whole fan base missed the video except this one person. :smilerolleyes:

There was no video.

There WAS a video and you can think what ever you want. I however will never forget that video of Michael outside Burbank studios telling his fans he was angry about the 50 shows and he didn't know how he would do it, as he would need to put some weight on and he wasn't a big eater. My question has always been who had the motive to have it removed? Micheal would loose 5lbs a show during his tours. When Michael was arrested in 2005 he weight 120. Lisa Maria confirmed he never weighed over 120 the whole time she knew him. They can write what ever number they want on their autopy report. No way I believe Michael weighed 136 at the time of his death, he was the thinnest he had ever been.
You and your "There was no video" opinion matter not one tiny bit to me. MJ's pain is what matters to me and I KNOW what I saw.

@earth child: Can you comment on that, please? Did you just dream of that video?

Yes my comment is this. Their are A LOT of MJ fans that wouldn't step foot on this board, and I know some of them that saw the video.
To answer someone else's question, the video was taken by a fan, I don't know if it was a ff or not. It was outside Burbank studio's and he was wearing the same black and sliver jacket that he had on at the O2. It was night time and he was very upset. I do know it wasn't long after he started to speak to the fans about him not being happy, their access to him was greatly reduced.

Michael was fit enough to do the 50 shows for sure minus the Propofol Murray was giving him every night for nearly 6 full weeks. If he has not been in excellent physical condition he would have collaped from Murray's nightly treatments long before June 19, 2009. MJ's good health is what kept him going strong. Sure he was thin but not much more than when he did Thriller and only because Murray had him skipping meals before Propofol dosing. Michael's health was very good.

It´s possible there was a video with Michael crying and saying he didn´t want to do 50 shows.
But at that time he could have had one or more sleepless nights and then you sure can get emotional and perhaps say things you wouldn´t say otherwise.
Especially when you are getting older.
I think the video was before Michael got help from Frank DiLeo to spread out the dates of the shows.
AEG didn´t like Michael to go to Klein but they couldn´t stop him ,I don´t think they could stop Michael from talking to fans either.
Maybe Michael didn´t like that the story leaked to a tabloid?

I´m not sure about the rehearsals but I think they said 3-4 times in a week and about 5-6 hours everytime.
The shows would be 2-3 shows in a week about 2 hours.
Could Michael manage to do the rehearsals despite what Murray gave him, then he was able to do the shows.
And remember he was going to have a bed on stage and to be tied to it during Dirty Diana....

I don´t think his weight in the autopsy report is a lie, why would they lie about it?

I believe he could have done the shows provided he had put on a little weight before they began. The concerts were spread out a little and I think, once being in front of his beloved fans again and showing his children how brilliant he was, he would actually start enjoying being on stage again and just love how the show was put together. Michael's confidence seemed to have taken a knock and once he was up there with the fans giving him 100% he would have felt so much better about everything.

I really don"t know.
All I can say that in my gut I have a feeling that something was off. Maybe I am wrong. But loving him for over 30 years I never felt that before.
Some kind of a reluctance.

^^^^
Yes. Just something. I am sure that would have been the greatest shows on earth , but..
I think he felt like some ppl were just waiting for him to make a mistake. The f****** press. The biggest proffesional ever...the greatest star - but THEY were waiting for him to fall. Again.
Like I said...idk. He said he does not like to travel that much but there was something more.
I know that some might disagree with me but I did not see the joy in his eyes. :(

^^ I agree with you. I think he lost some confidence after the trial. He knew his fans loved him but like you say, the press was probably his biggest worry.

I also agree with Soulmum, I think after seeing & feeling his fans' love, he would turned into his old self.

Yes , I am sure he knew how much his fans loved him.
As much as I hate to say it...I think that a press and tabloid reports would have been full of poison. The smallest mistake ( as they would see it, would become huge )
I can not tell you how much I hate the idea of TII. :( :(
I would be so happy if I could get a new album every few years....enjoy MJ making movies and waiting for his new pictures with his kids.
Damn.

Very sad. He had so much to give. He was full of love & talent, but the media had to get on his way & destroy all.

I asked my doctor today about Michael's weight. I asked ''If Michael Jackson's autopsy reports say that Michael was at a healthy weight then how come people are still saying he looked unhealthy'' and his response was ''We live in a heavy society and now a days people are not used to seeing someone at a slimmer and more healthy weight''

As sad as it sounds, Michael would not have made it to 50 shows. Unless he stopped with the propofol completely. The drugs were rapidly and subtly destroying him and as horrible as it sounds, if he didn't die the 25th, he would just have died a little later.

He should never have agreed to do the shows - and he should NEVER have endangered his life with such a ridiculously dangerous drug. :(

Don't start in on Michael with the blaming, judgmental crap. Whatever mistakes he made as a result of trying to repair his finances and provide for his children he paid for with his life. He doesn't need to be criticized here on his own forum. Let his haters do that!

Seriously? Do you think Michael deserves praise for hiring Conrad Murray and asking to be sedated with heavy narcoleptics at the end of every day for a period of several months?

It was a mistake. A mistake that led to the end of his life. It's simple as that. It has nothing to do with being a 'hater', but with acknowleding his own part in all this misery. If he didn't agree to do the tours, he wouldn't have needed to be put to sleep each night by Murray, and he wouldn't have died. Murray's fault, Michael's fault, AEG's fault. No one is free of blame here.

MJelboo;3707118 said:
Seriously? Do you think Michael deserves praise for hiring Conrad Murray and asking to be sedated with heavy narcoleptics at the end of every day for a period of several months?

It was a mistake. A mistake that led to the end of his life. It's simple as that. It has nothing to do with being a 'hater', but with acknowleding his own part in all this misery. If he didn't agree to do the tours, he wouldn't have needed to be put to sleep each night by Murray, and he wouldn't have died. Murray's fault, Michael's fault, AEG's fault. No one is free of blame here.

Who said anything about praising MJ for choosing Murray as his personal physician and wanting Propofol for chronic insomnia? What I am saying to you is there are enough negative, judgmental, accusatory comments all over the internet where you can vent without having to read your comments posted here on his fan forum. This should be Michael’s safe place where he is not condemned and blamed. Next he will be blamed for trusting the Chandlers and the family in the 2005 trial. I’ve seen this started on other boards and it never ends with just one criticism.

Next it will be his supposed “bad parenting”, “poor management of his finances,” his alleged drug use and the list goes on until MJ’s fan forum becomes the place where he gets potshots taken at him on a regular bases. Just saying I’ve seen how it starts.

Last edited:
Victory22;3707208 said:
Who said anything about praising MJ for choosing Murray as his personal physician and wanting Propofol for chronic insomnia? What I am saying to you is there are enough negative, judgmental, accusatory comments all over the internet where you can vent without having to read your comments posted here on his fan forum. This should be Michael’s safe place where he is not condemned and blamed. Next he will be blamed for trusting the Chandlers and the family in the 2005 trial. I’ve seen this started on other boards and it never ends with just one criticism.

Next it will be his supposed “bad parenting”, “poor management of his finances,” his alleged drug use and the list goes on until MJ’s fan forum becomes the place where he gets potshots taken at him on a regular bases. Just saying I’ve seen how it starts.

No this shouldn't be a "safe place", it should be a place where people can discuss every aspect of Michael Jackson's life with the knowledge that we are all rational and well-informed people. It includes the many positive aspects of his life but we shouldn't shy away from anything negative.
A large part of Michael's persona in music and in reality was not happy, but tragic, and we should acknowledge that. Moreover, this part of the forum is appropriately labeled and I suggest you don't read these topics if you dislike posts like these.

I will say the unpopular thing right now. I am not saying Michael was sick and I am not saying he could not do it. But I saw one more pic from TII and he looked so thin...sooooo thin and tired. It is a picture of him in that suit for Smooth Criminal.
It seems there are two kind of ppl - the ones saying - " he could do it - he is MJ - he was allways thin---" and others that say -" he was too frail and was not feeling right ".
I would say the truth is somewhere in between. :( :(
I miss him so.

MJelboo;3707352 said:
No this shouldn't be a "safe place", it should be a place where people can discuss every aspect of Michael Jackson's life with the knowledge that we are all rational and well-informed people. It includes the many positive aspects of his life but we shouldn't shy away from anything negative.
A large part of Michael's persona in music and in reality was not happy, but tragic, and we should acknowledge that. Moreover, this part of the forum is appropriately labeled and I suggest you don't read these topics if you dislike posts like these.

The argument that MICHAEL JACKSON’s fan forum’s should not be safe places for him (and his fans) but rather places where he is bashed and dissected like a lab specimen under the pretext of “constructive criticism” is the biggest load of BS that has ever been told! And to tell his FAN’S that if we don’t want to read it (on HIS forum) to not go into the tread is both insulting and totally insane! Let me suggest to you that you go back to the MJ fan forums that have been taken over by people who have done exactly what you are attempting to do here. I’m sure you are already a member so why do you need to bring it here?

The reason I chose this forum and love it so much is because unlike a lot of other so-called MJFC’s this one really does love and respect Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Victory22;3708057 said:
The argument that MICHAEL JACKSON’s fan forum’s should not be safe places for him (and his fans) but rather places where he is bashed and dissected like a lab specimen under the pretext of “constructive criticism” is the biggest load of BS that has ever been told! And to tell his FAN’S that if we don’t want to read it (on HIS forum) to not go into the tread is both insulting and totally insane! Let me suggest to you that you go back to the MJ fan forums that have been taken over by people who have done exactly what you are attempting to do here. I’m sure you are already a member so why do you need to bring it here?

Where exactly have I given that argument? Are you even reading what I'm writing? Your response is pretty inconsistent with the tone of my post.

MJelboo;3708063 said:
Where exactly have I given that argument? Are you even reading what I'm writing? Your response is pretty inconsistent with the tone of my post.

I’m reading exactly what you are posting and my responses to you are completely consistent with the “tone” of your post.

So you think that a discussion of all aspects of Michael's life in a rational and well-informed way is completely wrong and should not be allowed? I think fans more than anyone in the entire world know Michael and can have those discussions. All I want is a discussion of MJ's life that takes into account that bad things happened to him and he was not always simply a helpless, innocent victim - in the case of his death, he had a very large part in it. Do you think saying that makes me happy?

I'm not too keen on those accusations you're making, too. Keep in mind you don't know me nor my opinions on Michael. Don't be soo quick to generalize everyone that sort of sounds alike.

^ In the case of his death, i see mj totally as the victim. You say he shouldn't have done the shows, but it seems he was not presented with any other choice because of the massive financial difficulties he was in. Difficulties arising out of the ruinously expensive trial, and from a whole collection of sharks and fraudsters who entered his life. Neverland was in foreclosure for months before he cd find barrack to bail him out and it was barrack that told him that his only solution to avoid a debt spiral was to go back to work. I get the impression that mj really resisted performing again, maybe he realised he was not up to it emotionally, but he forced himself to do it to provide a stable financial future for his family which is utterly commendable.

As for taking propofol to sleep, i just can't conceive the pressure he was under returning to the spotlight. He couldn't back out, however he felt physically. as he faced financial ruin. He knew that the global media would be turning their attention to him, sharpening their pens to write the most scathing reviews of his opening concert, willing him to fail. He would worry how his fans would react to him, there were groups ready to haul him over the coals if he dared to lip synch on any songs. He would be wondering what the london tabs would have in store for him on the eve of the concerts - they were bound to dredge up all the allegations from the 05 trial and plaster all the weekend tabs with them just before he was due on stage. We now know that nanny grace was sellling her stories of mj to daphne barrack and so her revelations of mj being a drug addict and being a dreadful father who his children were afraid of would be plastered over the news of the world the day before mj's comeback. Honestly, just trying to imagine what it must have been like to be mj in those months leading up to june, you become a nervous wreck, and you perhaps begin to understand how seductive an anesthesia might be.

Last edited:

Jelly, don't even bother fighting.

Back