Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

Whatever has been said about this subject.....I have a strong feeling that he did not want to do 50.
Like I said before..I had a bad feeling in mx stomach since the announcment of TII.
There are some things I can"t explain and some ppl call me crazy. Some ppl are superficial.
There was something in Michael .....something that only a long time watchers could see.

I say yes, with two shows a week and the breaks that the schedule allowed he could have done it. A few shows may have had to be rescheduled due to injury or the flu or something but IMO he could have done the 50 shows.

Whatever has been said about this subject.....I have a strong feeling that he did not want to do 50.
Like I said before..I had a bad feeling in mx stomach since the announcment of TII.
There are some things I can"t explain and some ppl call me crazy. Some ppl are superficial.
There was something in Michael .....something that only a long time watchers could see.

That's what I think too. :( :fear:

Yes...you know...all that stories about how he had to do it because od the money...I can not believe for a second that Michael was broke.
Was he tempted in a way to make a huuuuge come back after everything he has been through....maybe,but still.
But can you only imagine what kind of a pressure that was ? I can.
A single day doesn"t go by that I don"t wish he never agreed.

I can not believe for a second that Michael was broke.

Me too. I never believed that. Michael broke? This is a big bullshit.

But can you only imagine what kind of a pressure that was ? I can.

Me too. I have a feeling that Michael was being surrounded in on all sides by these people. :(

I think he didn't want to do 50 shows although he was able to, and that's why he faked his death. He didn't want to be used anymore by anyone..

Being 50 years old, he'd have to have had some breaks in the schedule, so that wouldn't have been an issue; that's a given. Artists much younger than he was break up their touring schedules, too. I can't say with absolute certainty if he felt like doing them or wanted to, because I can't speak for him. Only Michael can speak for Michael.

The Concerts were spaced out for 2- 3 shows a week and some months with a week or more off
The first set ended I believe in Nov and he has a 2 month sabatical untill feb for the rest of the shows
So he very well could have done all 50 as long as he kept his health up.

Michael would of kicked ass in all 50 shows, Michael is the greatest entertainer in history, Michael was renowned for his energy durring his live shows, of course he could of completed all 50 shows!
Fair enough some may of been postponed due to illness and unforseen circumstances but hey, doesnt everyone get illness sometimes

of course he could've done all 50. I think he only came off as unhealthy at a few times because of what the doctor was doing to him. If that doctor wouldn't have been there, Michael could definitely do all 50 shows.

Knowing the schedule they had for Michael now, Yes i do think he could have done the whole tour.

of course he could've done all 50. I think he only came off as unhealthy at a few times because of what the doctor was doing to him. If that doctor wouldn't have been there, Michael could definitely do all 50 shows.
This was what I was going to post.

Dr Rogers (autopsy doctor): Mr Jackson was healthier than the average person his age.

Dr Rogers (autopsy doctor): Mr Jackson was healthier than the average person his age.

Thats the thing.........

He looks way thinner then he has ever been.......

.....but the experts say "healthy".....

.....and MJ looks soo happy in TII.........happiest I've seen him in a long time.......

I do still believe that Michael could completed the initial run of 29 shows. The only factor holding him back was his sleeping problems.

i've never known any musical act or group to be able to deal with what aeg was planning..it was way more than fifty shows, and it was done in sneaky fashion. more money was flashing in the eyes of aeg and sony than in the eyes of anyone, ever, for any event.

And I think you have absolutely no idea about show business deals. The fact is that there is no band or solo act who doesn't dream about MJ's AEG deal. So far no one else was able to "earn" that kind opportunities. We should to hope that for long time or ever anybody else will.

Take London shows. Do you know another artist who could "afford" to play only 2,5 shows weekly in 20.000 people arena without having to relocate at least once a week? And then after the show to relax with the family in the beautiful country side estate.for 2 or 3 days?

After every day rechealsals schedule this would be almost like vacation time. This is why Frank DeLeo was hired for. To work with AEG to make it possible and he got it.

MJ was very happy about AEG deal. Listen to the interview with Michael Prince, who worked with him untill the last day. Anyway who would not be happy about THIS DEAL?

Imagine, how many other things Michael could do staying in one place. He did plan to work on 3 different albums in London between shows. He even would be able to develop some movie project which also were in AEG contract.

The contract commitment was for full 3 years and it was the most lucrative ever. And I absolutely don't believe that Michael would have to use Propofol every day after the first show. Of course he would not sleep for at least a day after the show but later he would be able to relax like in Neverland or in the Cascio's house and just naturally fell asleep.

Absolutely not. Listen to what Bush, Tompkins and Faye say - they were there on set every time MJ rehearsed. They knew. Doesn't matter what we think, they actually know. They have worked with him for years if not decades.

I would rather listen to the sounds of silence then to anything Karen I can run my mouth on TV and for profit but hide when it comes to talking in court has to say

I worked in music industry as an assistant and I can tell you while tour's are like hell, residence shows are like heaven.

The issue with touring is that you travel, tired, time differences, away from your home, family , loved ones etc. Technically it requires a lot of work and soundchecks etc as well. After a while it gets tiring, gets on your nerves and you hate it.

Residence shows however do not have any of the above. It's convenient. It's like go to venue , perform, come back home. And for many professional musicians perform part is almost like on auto-pilot. They can do it in their sleep.

And if U2 - who happen to be in their 50s - can do a travelling show for 3 years with 2-3 day breaks / or no breaks
And if Madonna - who happen to be same age as Michael - can do a travelling show for 2 years with 2/3 day breaks
Michael could have done a residence show.

I wish people would stop portraying him as a sickly incapable kid.

They can't help it they like to act like Michael could not tie his shoe or go to the bathroom on his own

Absolutely not. Listen to what Bush, Tompkins and Faye say - they were there on set every time MJ rehearsed. They knew. Doesn't matter what we think, they actually know. They have worked with him for years if not decades.

They were only employees. They knew nothing. MJ did not share the details of his contracts with the Karen Faye or Bush and Tompkins and I don't think Frank DiLeo would do it.

Thats the thing.........

He looks way thinner then he has ever been.......

.....but the experts say "healthy".....

.....and MJ looks soo happy in TII.........happiest I've seen him in a long time.......

I do still believe that Michael could completed the initial run of 29 shows. The only factor holding him back was his sleeping problems.

MJ was thinner in the 80's

I voted for he could have done them with breaks. Like, Celine and other permanent Vegas performers - I think Michael needed to do the same sort of thing. One location, spread out shows.

I feel like people still looked at him as a man in his 20s or 30s. He was 50 years old - middle aged. He needs to be treated differently, expectation wise.

I thought Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty! He was a lousy doctor and could have cared less about the health of his patient, Michael Jackson. Michael had tons of people behind him to put on a Show so spectacular, it almost couldn't fail.

His Show schedule was from July-September. Then January-through the first week of March. 2-3 times a week. He'd be well-rested. It was the Production that was grueling to get it done in time. But with all those top pros working behind Michael, he would have taken it next to a residency in Vegas.

Michael was a work-aholic all his life. He wanted PERFECTION and the money being invested showed AEG believed in Michael's Vision!

This%20Is%20It_8.JPG

This%20Is%20It_10.JPG

MJ_vid_1.jpg

This%20Is%20It_7.JPG

MJ_vid_8.jpg

This%20Is%20It_12.JPG

Here's the meeting between Leonard Rowe and Katherine and Joe Jackson at the Beverly Hills Hotel on May 15, 2009 and Michael Jackson and Randy Phillips of AEG, to say NO to a Jackson Family Reunion. Enjoy!

yes, he was able to perform this 50 concerts. but he was killed/murdered.
no even a dead michael jackson can do this. maybe in heaven? ^ :angel:
can u imagine, a michael jackson concert in heaven? only for his fans, the real fans? no evil media, no weird haters, noone that want to harm him?
maybe he already did :p

Mike was too skinny and although he seemed to be fine during rehearsals, the shows would've been different way more exhausting and I think maybe, just maybe he could've dealt with half the shows that year, with breaks of course. And maybe if he wanted to, have another 25 shows next year..sigh.

Michael was skinnier in the 80's. During the Thriller era his weight was reported to be about 110-120 pounds and during This Is It he was 136 pounds. So if he was too skinny duing This Is It then he was too skinny during the Thriller era also

Back