Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

Where/When did he say this?! :bugeyed
I always thought that was a rumor..

There was actually a video of Michael saying those words. It was on youtube in the couple of month leading up to his passing. I watched it with my own eyes. It went missing around the 29th of June 2009. IMHO "someones" had motive to remove it from existence.
It is something I will never forget seeing though. He was upset.

If Michael could do 10 shows in London and then do other shows in other places outside of London, then why would he not have been able to do more than 10 in London? Either he was capable of performing more or he wasn't. The location was not going to be a deciding factor in that.

Also, what exactly was Michael doing to get out of doing the 50 shows if he was adamently opposed to such? This is important because even if Michael made such a statement, one would have to look at the context surrounding it. Was it just a bad day, was he frustrated about something, was he just overly tired, etc.? There are people who may say one day that they hate their job (when all He*l may be breaking loose) but at other times say that they are fine with it.

Also, what exactly was Michael doing to get out of doing the 50 shows if he was adamently opposed to such? This is important because even if Michael made such a statement, one would have to look at the context surrounding it. Was it just a bad day, was he frustrated about something, was he just overly tired, etc.? There are people who may say one day that they hate their job (when all He*l may be breaking loose) but at other times say that they are fine with it.

The only thing I can think about is Frank Dileos words on this issue. He said MJ brought him back because he was unhappy with the dates. He wanted more breaks between the dates so Dileo was brought back to fix it since he had experience in this buisness.. BUT to my understanding, nothing happened.. just the first shows were pushed back in beginning of June.

Last edited:

I think that if the set up of the shows were different, eg not like Dangerous/HIStory, but had a less grueling task for him every night, he would've been able to do it. For example rather than high tempo numbers throughout, he could use a few songs like Who Is It, Smile etc to just sit down on a stool and sing without having to physically exert himself too much, saving that for numbers like Jam, WBSS, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, BOW, Thriller, Beat It.

50 shows, I'm not so sure..its too much. 10-15 yes but 50? :(

50 shows and more i believe he was capable of... but of course he would not be nearly as energetic as previous concerts, and he might have turned to pain killers again to get him through the shows

He could have done the 50 easy. Like they said, he had shortened the songs, there were lots of vamps and gaps for him to take breaks. And days between each show. Plus the 50 shows were in two halves. I had 4 tickets. DAMMIT!

I don't think he could have done the 50 concerts. When I look at some footage of TIT and I see how thin he was, I doubt he could perform 50 concerts. 10 concerts fine, but 50 seemed too much for him!

Nope. Even after the rehearsal and being away from the stage for all that time, you can't just come back and do 50 shows in a row. It doesn't work - especially in a short amount of time. If anything, half would have be sort of pared-down shows and the rest full-blown (maybe once every five shows or something).

I guess we will never stop wondering. :(
I honestly don"t know...he was too thin. Comparing History and Dangerous....TII would have been diferent, but still.
I wish he never agreed to do those damn shows. :(

We say his energy in This Is It, he could have done it.

I was not attending any of the concerts, but still I was looking forward to watch videos of the concert on youtube.

For people saying that Michael was to thin during This Is It his autopsy stated that he weighed 136 pounds which is a healthy weight. Hell back in the 80's it was said that Mike weighed 120 pounds.

The reason why Michael never got to do those shows was because of Murray. Not because he was unhealthy. Infact i'd say that he was in better shape than alot of teenagers/people in their 20's today

I think that Michael didn't do all the fifty shows, but surrely he wanted make happy all the fans, and he would does it all. He have so respect for us.

Michael was skinny.. and and he did not weigh 120lbs durring bad.. he was about 145 most of his life.. reports have said 120lbs but that's not right..

HOWEVER.. Of course with age Michaels muscle mass went down.. meaning to be as lean at the age of 50 he would have to be weigh much less to be that lean.. If Michael was 145lbs (lets just say) at age of 50 with the muscle mass he would have been approx 15% bodyfat.. (give or take).. that's an non athletic body.. so to be a decent bodyfat percentage which would make him more agile, faster, and durrable durring cardio (dance) than he'd have to be less than his young weight..

He did not lift weights for muscle.. I know Lou trained him but strictly for agility. Unless Michael weight trained (which he would have benefited from) he could have been heavier..

Yes any man with his hight and weight would be fairly fragile when it comes to some physicall labor.. like falling, fighting, etc.. But for DANCE.. he was fairly good weight.. In the Dance industry the most ideal weight is 145lbs.. which Michael was much of his life.. though he did fluxuate! If MJ past away at 136lbs I believe it was than he is only 9lbs under IDEAL dance weight and his average weight throughout his life.. which he should have been knowing his muscle mass went down is what was needed..

Michael was not getting ready for a MMA fight, it was a DANCE show.. he was on point.

Yes, I know he could have done all 50 shows but in hindsight, I wish he hadn't agreed.:angel:

she loved Michael...like LOVED Michael......If she (Karen) would of said something to Michael and was not so affraid to "upset him"....as she said...then Michael might still be here today. ..Thats all.
Hm, could as well just have resulted in her being fired, don't you think.

There was actually a video of Michael saying those words. It was on youtube in the couple of month leading up to his passing. I watched it with my own eyes. It went missing around the 29th of June 2009. IMHO "someones" had motive to remove it from existence.
It is something I will never forget seeing though. He was upset.

Wow :bugeyed. This is indeed scary. Can you describe from when and which occasion this video was - did one of the FF record it while he was talking to them?
Did anybody else see that video?

^The whole fan base missed the video except this one person. :smilerolleyes:

There was no video.

@earth child: Can you comment on that, please? Did you just dream of that video?

Well I think he was ready for 50 shows but not in a row!! I believe he was ready for this tour, I'm sure he was going to have some breaks between but ready for 50!!

I don't think he could have done 50. Maybe 20, but not 50, not in such a short time. He wasn't 30 anymore, and I don't think he would have had the strenght to manage all fifty of them. He certainly would have tried. But remember how incredible exhausting the tours were for him when he was younger? Now it would be even more exhausting for him.

He was staying in one place for the whole 50 shows so he didn't have to travel and worry about jet lag
There was a 2-3 day break inbetween each show and then a 3 month break inbetween

So when you consider all that it's very possible that he could have done all 50.

Some people talk as if he was gonna do the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th etc

I think he could have done 50 shows but not in a row. Maybe two in a week.

Do I think he could have? Yes, with assorted breaks/room for postponement here and there. Do I think he should have? No. He agreed to do ten shows, not fifty.

Probably not all of them, but I think most. Like he could've been sick or twisted his ankle or something like what could have happened to anyone. Even if he couldn't have done even nearly all, I would've been happy with just the first show:sad:

Noway he could have pulled of 50 shows. Simply because he was to skinny, and was taking all sorts of drugs.
Anyone who have been on a stage singing and dancing knows how much energy it takes, and MJ just didnt have it in him.

Back