Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

I will say the unpopular thing right now. I am not saying Michael was sick and I am not saying he could not do it. But I saw one more pic from TII and he looked so thin...sooooo thin and tired. It is a picture of him in that suit for Smooth Criminal.
It seems there are two kind of ppl - the ones saying - " he could do it - he is MJ - he was allways thin---" and others that say -" he was too frail and was not feeling right ".
I would say the truth is somewhere in between. :( :(
I miss him so.

Dr. Rogers (The man who performed MJ's autopsy) - ''Michael Jackson was healtheir than the average person of his age''

Michael was perfectly healthy accordng to hs autposy. Him being thin is not what caused his death. It was Conrad Murray's stupidity that caused his death

I disagree with the poll options, that's what it comes down to. Yes, Michael was healthy. He was able to perform concerts and sing.
But NO, he would almost certainly not have made it to March 2010, because Murray was a crappy doctor and Michael was stupid to put his life in that man's hands. If Murray hadn't caused Michael to die June 25th, it could have been any other day after that. That's all I'm saying.

Owing over $500 million is a lot of money to pay back. All Michael wanted to do with the Propofol drip was to instantaneously fall asleep. Michael still had his personal responsibilities to live up to, being a good provider and the best Daddy who ever lived. I watched Michael taking his kid's out, from the toy store in Beverly Hills to an Art Showing to work. The fan's couldn't get over how much they saw Michael outandabout with his children. Blanket even went to Michael's doctor appt at Dr. Klein's.

The paps hang out where Dr. Klein's Office is, because when a star/celebrity is promoting their latest project, they go to those Medical Offices. It's a part of their glamorous world of staying perfect, physically, for their fans.

Besides, preparing for a residency at the 02 Arena in London, Michael was working on a couple of albums, including a classical album. Would this be the next phase of his Career?

Yep...Michael was strong, he had always been, he knew what he was in for, the Propofol was to instantly put him to sleep during Production of the 02 Shows. Was Murray going to London? Were those tapes of Michael falling asleep and having conversations with Murray, Murray's insurance policy to make sure Michael didn't screw him over and Michael decided not to bring Murray to London?

I disagree with the poll options, that's what it comes down to. Yes, Michael was healthy. He was able to perform concerts and sing.
But NO, he would almost certainly not have made it to March 2010, because Murray was a crappy doctor and Michael was stupid to put his life in that man's hands. If Murray hadn't caused Michael to die June 25th, it could have been any other day after that. That's all I'm saying.

What led to 25 june was a little more complicated than putting it down to mj being 'stupid'. That's all i''m saying.

Dr. Rogers (The man who performed MJ's autopsy) - ''Michael Jackson was healtheir than the average person of his age''

Michael was perfectly healthy accordng to hs autposy. Him being thin is not what caused his death. It was Conrad Murray's stupidity that caused his death
The question was " was he able to go through 50 shows " not " did Michael die because he was too thin."
Like I said...he probably was healthy. But he was thin. He was loosing weight preparing for TII. I can only imagine how would it be if the shows went on.....
I guess we will always wonder " what if ". TII could have been the most amazing thing ever. It turned out to to be the biggest tragedy.

MJelboo;3708092 said:
So you think that a discussion of all aspects of Michael's life in a rational and well-informed way is completely wrong and should not be allowed? I think fans more than anyone in the entire world know Michael and can have those discussions. All I want is a discussion of MJ's life that takes into account that bad things happened to him and he was not always simply a helpless, innocent victim - in the case of his death, he had a very large part in it. Do you think saying that makes me happy?

I'm not too keen on those accusations you're making, too. Keep in mind you don't know me nor my opinions on Michael. Don't be soo quick to generalize everyone that sort of sounds alike.

I'm not trying to insult you and I don't know you but I'm not concerned about what you are or are not keen on. My only concern is Michael.

“A discussion of ALL ASSPECTS of Michael's life in a rational and well-informed way”.
That is a very popular term used on MJ forums that have turned into practically MJ fan hater’s websites.

The problem I have with what I see here is i’ve seen this BS before on other forums and it always starts off in a very benign fashion. I just want MJ’s fans as well as the administrators of this forum to be award that the true agenda is to trash Michael Jackson and take over his forums with a lot of negative BS spewed about him on a regular bases. When his fans rise up and start to defend him (which is a perfectly NORMAL reaction) on a MICHAEL JACKSON FAN FORUM they are labeled “irrational". I am going to be blunt and completely upfront in my comments and concerns here. It’s only a matter of time before a number of others join you and all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:

Again, you are "putting me in a class with a bad name". I don't want you to keep associating me with people who are apparently out to slander and hurt Michael and his image. That's just presumptious.

Am I thrashing MJ? No, I'm not. Am I encouraging others to join me in being negative? No. I have an opinion, which is that Michael was doing dangerous things and it would probably have cost him his life sooner or later if he continued doing them, and I don't see how that is insulting to him in any way. It's the sad, sad truth.

Again, you are "putting me in a class with a bad name". I don't want you to keep associating me with people who are apparently out to slander and hurt Michael and his image. That's just presumptious.

Am I thrashing MJ? No, I'm not. Am I encouraging others to join me in being negative? No. I have an opinion, which is that Michael was doing dangerous things and it would probably have cost him his life sooner or later if he continued doing them, and I don't see how that is insulting to him in any way. It's the sad, sad truth.

please never accuse people of doing something you do yourself. look at your quote, carefully, and you will see what i mean. what you expressed is an OPINION.

Yes, it's my opinion of what is the truth. But don't go telling me I'm the one making mistakes in this discussion. I am simply trying to answer the question of this topic and somehow that made me into some MJ-hating monster. That's just not how you deal with discussions, not even on the internet.

Yes, it's my opinion of what is the truth. But don't go telling me I'm the one making mistakes in this discussion. I am simply trying to answer the question of this topic and somehow that made me into some MJ-hating monster. That's just not how you deal with discussions, not even on the internet.

now, i'm sure you're not going to vouch for the way your print comes across, but it comes across as if you are vigorously upset. greatly offended. now imagine what Michael went through with things said about him. and perhaps, that means if you're going to go about putting it out there, you'll have to grow the thick skin. because what goes out, comes in.. universal law. and you can't seem to take it from people in one thread. you can't dish it, if you can't take it.

Oh, wow. The presuming goes on. Meanwhile, anything useful I've said about this topic gets to be ignored. All I hear is people telling me I'm an MJ hater and that I should get used to being offended.

While at the very same time everyone here seems to be offended at what I have been carefully saying in here: Michael was taking a huge risk with Murray and the propofol and I see it as a great possibility that he would have died somewhere during those 50 shows. Let's argue about THAT and not about me or my supposed personality, okay?

Come on guys, be reasonable. There are differing viewpoints on what happened, and nobody here is trying to belittle or take down Michael. Why on earth would we bother to sign up to an MJ forum and make posts and call ourselves fans? I know Jelle personally, and he's a very big fan. He would never speak ill of Michael. However there comes a time when you need to look at all angles of a situation and go, "okay Michael wasn't perfect and sometimes he messed up". Not one person was to blame for what happened surrounding his death, but Michael played a part in it unfortunately. He took a risk that he shouldn't have - and yes all he did want was to get some sleep, which I don't think in itself should be judged - and the unfortunate outcome was death, because the person he trusted was also taking a huge risk and wasn't qualified in any shape or form.

I'm rambling now, but the minute people start throwing around who's a "real" fan and whose not, that's a bit stupid. Everybody here is a real fan. Nobody is a better fan than anybody else. We're all equal. We all have differing viewpoints.

now, i'm sure you're not going to vouch for the way your print comes across, but it comes across as if you are vigorously upset. greatly offended. now imagine what Michael went through with things said about him. and perhaps, that means if you're going to go about putting it out there, you'll have to grow the thick skin. because what goes out, comes in.. universal law. and you can't seem to take it from people in one thread. you can't dish it, if you can't take it.

Awesome post! People are so personally sensitive at the slightest criticism of themselves but MJ is fair game on his own forum just because they say they are fans. It sounds a little hypocritical to me.

Listen, Michael had to endure seeing his name trashed on TV, radio, print media and the legal system. He had his own family selling him out to the press. He had business associates stealing from him and lying to his face. He had people he believed were his friends turning their backs on him when he needed their support most. He had to sit through a grueling trail that dragged on for months draining his soul and his spirit of energy and hope. He was hurt by false allegations in ways none of us will ever imagine and on top of the abusive childhood he suffered and never fully recovered from it practically destroyed him! No, Mr. Michael Jackson was not perfect and his fans know it but DAMN can’t he catch a break on his own fan forum? When he is called “stupid” for wanting to sleep and trying to recoup his career for his children it seems some DO expect him to be perfect. He wasn’t so can we please stop holding him up to such a high standard and let him be human? Can we please stop pointing out all of his flaws.

Now back on topic yes MJ would have done the 50 shows and more if not for Dr. Death and his Propofol. His health was strong.

Last edited:

EXCLUDING the creep known as Conrad Murray and his "sleep aid," I believe Michael would have been able to do those 50 dates.

They were spread-out so that he only needed to perform 2-3 shows per week, plenty of time to rest up, and get other things done before the following week's shows were upon him.

I also believe once he hit that stage and saw the excitement from the fans, he would have been energized just like the "bunny" in the battery commercials. That, in my opinion, is all he needed to see and feel, i.e. the energy AND LOVE from his fans. He would have been thrilled, in my opinion.

Many medical treatments (which are regularly performed at home settings are dangerous. Not only using the propofol. The patient's safety depends on the way he is monitored. In many cases the CNA can do better job than the nurse or a doctor. And personally I don't think Michael would have to use the propofol all the time in London. The schedule was to perform 2,5 show per week so he would be a lot more relaxed in London than in LA. Especially when on the side he would be able to create the new music.

Many medical treatments (which are regularly performed at home settings are dangerous. Not only using the propofol. The patient's safety depends on the way he is monitored. In many cases the CNA can do better job than the nurse or a doctor. And personally I don't think Michael would have to use the propofol all the time in London. The schedule was to perform 2,5 show per week so he would be a lot more relaxed in London than in LA. Especially when on the side he would be able to create the new music.

Of course he was intending to use it in London, that's why he was insistent on Conrad Murary going with him.

Of course he was intending to use it in London, that's why he was insistent on Conrad Murary going with him.

ALL THE TIME (I mean every night) ? I don't think so ...

ALL THE TIME (I mean every night) ? I don't think so ...

I don't believe anybody said it was to be every night. That was certainly the pattern at the time of his death however.

We really only have murray's word that he was giving prop everynight for nearly 2 months to mj and only changed up the last 3 nights before mj died. His massive ordering of prop cd have been to take to london. We'll never know as there doesn't seem to be any tests to determine how long someone has taken prop for and we can't really trust murray on this subject.

But if we accept that mj was using prop all during may and june when he was in the cocoon of the supportive tii group of colloborators and was just in reheasal mode, i'm not sure how you can argue he wouldn't still need it when he was in the spotlight in london, the #1 target of the tabs and in full performance mode in front of a worldwide audience of fans and media. That doesn't sound likely at all.

Last edited:

I think he could've done 50 shows if they were spread out (like 1 or 2 a week, tops) and he had more kickback performances.

A well trained/healthy 50 year old could do the 50 shows without much issue.. It's the matter of his sleep issue, the drugs administered that weakened him to the point he did.. The question should really be, would he be able to get the proper sleep to recuperate each couple days to perform again.. Considering that the pressure around the rehearsals suppressed his sleep as much as it did, I could only imagine coming down from the high of the show would make it only harder..

lack of sleep and the vulnerability that put him in with Murray is what destroyed it..

You obvioisly didnt follow the trial. There was no evidence that michael was addicted to anything at the time of his killing. As a fan you should really not allow yourself to be "educated" by those with agendas.

Personally i doubt it as mj was already on a drip for dehydration even during rehearsals and mj would have been lucky to survive murrays actions for much longer. Maybe the contracted 31 given certain circumstances but not 50

I would have liked to think he could have done them but deep in my heart I don't think so. He was far far too thin for one thing. The lack of sleep was also clearly going to be a massive issue. It is so debilitating. Murrays lack of care signed Michaels death warrant as far as I am concerned. Along with the allegations. I think he was a broken soul after them. despite being found not guilty - he never recovered from the pain. He never looked the same again. What this world did to him meant all 50 shows probably wouldn't have happened.

I believe Michael could have doing 25 to 30 concerts his health was not perfect when you reach the age of 50 your body changes with Michael dancing he was always on his feet doing his icon moves. I watch This Is It and i can see that Michael did forget some of his moves because he has not been on the stage for 10 years or more like it was mention in a post if Michael would have did the first show and hearing his fans shout and cheer and saying we love you Michael he would have done 50 because he would have felt the love.

Last edited:

He hadn't performed a concert tour since 1997 and that was strained and the last time he performed on stage was in 2002 for the American Bandstand anniversary special

there was no way these shows were going to happen and it never should have been scheduled and when the initial shows were postponed, it should have been called off and rescheduled a year or two afterwards

No, I don't, not if he was going to use Propofol as a sleep aid. If he didn't die in LA., I believe his body would have succumbed to the horrible effects Propofol can have if over used. It's been stated that Propofol does not allow for restorative REM sleep, and a body deprived of REM sleep for too long would eventually not survive. Not to mention it depresses the respiratory system, and it's been stated that because of Michael's lupus, his lungs already were not in good health.

Even taking Propofol out of the equation, it would have been trying for him. It was stated by Michael himself that performing took a lot out of him, even when he was younger. Maybe, if the shows had no less than 3 full days between them, he might have gutted it out, but many shows only had 1 full day in between for rest, and that was definitely not enough for Michael at his stage of life.

They could have easily just stuck to the 10, recorded them all, put the best takes together and released a DVD, considering how much money TII made and it was just rehearsals. Could have also done a live HBO/Showtime stream for 1 or 2 concerts and made a bundle.

All of that is moot of course, as Propofol and Dr. Murray took it all away.

You obvioisly didnt follow the trial. There was no evidence that michael was addicted to anything at the time of his killing. As a fan you should really not allow yourself to be "educated" by those with agendas.

Personally i doubt it as mj was already on a drip for dehydration even during rehearsals and mj would have been lucky to survive murrays actions for much longer. Maybe the contracted 31 given certain circumstances but not 50

This. I know this is more of a 'free' part of the forum, but please lets keep things factual. Thank you!

As for the question of the thread. In my heart of hearts with what we now know, then no I don't think he could have done the 50 shows. It's widely believed that Michael had doubts about this himself. Had Michael survived the monstrous actions of Murray and what he was doing to Michael I don't think it would have been drama free and could realistically see shows being cancelled here and there at best, if not parts of the residency being entirely cancelled.

If we believe what the bodyguards wrote in their book the whole intention of the shows and the reason Michael had to do these shows was financial. I honestly believe that he didn't want to perform in 2009 or anytime in the near future. I wish we were more in the know at the time...it feels like we were all so blinded of the struggles Michael went through when looking back it's so bloody obvious. The trial broke him, agree with others who say he was never the same after that. Had he been given a choice of becoming completely anonymous and living a 'normal' life from then on I think he would have taken it. I wish things turned out differently for him, such a gentle soul destroyed by the greed of others. Can you imagine the stress he felt in those final months? Manifesting in being completely desperate for sleep. I think it's inevitable the 50 shows wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:

Elusive - was that comment directed at me? Just wondering because your post was after mine...

Back