'Michael' Jackson Album Sells 3 Million Globally in First Week (?)

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
'Michael' Jackson Album Sells 3 Million Globally in First Week

A year and a half after his tragic death, Michael Jackson proves he's immortal. The King of Pop lived up to his name this week when his posthumous album 'Michael' became the No.1 album globally. In the U.S. the album sold 228,000 albums, and came in third on the Billboard 200, behind Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' and Susan Boyle's 'The Gift.'

Sony says the album has gone gold and platinum in the U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Canada, Korea and the Middle East in its first week. Platinum certification varies in countries. While an artist in the U.S. must sell one million copies of the album to hit platinum, an album in Poland goes platinum after selling 30,000 copies; 50,000 in Russia; 60,000 in Italy and so on.

Featuring guest spots from 50 Cent, Akon and Lenny Kravitz, the 10-track album has done well even though it was shunned by many of Michael's former collaborators. Quincy Jones, who produced many of Jackson's albums like 'Bad,' 'Thriller,' and 'Off the Wall,' said he believed Jackson would not have approved the album's released if he were still live. Will.i.am and Ne-Yo also renounced the decision of Sony and Jackson's estate to release the album.

The 2010 holiday shopping season has been raining Michael Jackson with new releases from the dead pop star being hurled at consumers across various platforms. Ubisoft released the dance video game 'Michael Jackson: The Experience,' while Sony amassed an encyclopedia of Jackson's music videos for the 3-disc DVD 'Michael Jackson's Vision.'

'Michael' Jackson Album Sells 3 Million Globally in First Week - The Boombox

---------------------

Jackson album is top global seller
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a294530/jackson-album-is-top-global-seller.html

Michael Jackson's posthumous album has been named the top selling global album of 2010.

The LP, called Michael, debuted at number one on the global chart after three million units were shipped to 31 territories.

The CD, which topped the charts in four countries on the week of its release, has been certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the US, UK, Germany, France and Italy for shipments of over 300,000 copies.

The album opened in the UK at number four with sales of 113,000 - Jackson's biggest opening sales week since the release of Dangerous nearly 20 years ago.

Jackson's Thriller album remains the best selling album of all time, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide.

Last edited:
Re: 'Michael' Jackson Album Sells 3 Million Globally in First Week

I wonder what is the difference between - shipped and sold?

Last edited:

is this for real?? 3 million its first week??? no joke? I don't want to get excited

is this for real?? 3 million its first week??? no joke? I don't want to get excited

i'm officially confused! wasn't Sony's initital global sales projection about 900,000 copies?

i'm officially confused! wasn't Sony's initital global sales projection about 900,000 copies?

there si Two Informatiosn and both are right

900 000 was real sales

3 M is the shippments in Stores

Understood ?

By the way, what is the source for this 900 K predicted please ?

#3 on the Billboard 200? Um...the last time I checked..and I just checked it again, MJ is no where to be seen on the Billboard 200 (except for Number ones which is in the 140-150 range). Glee- The Music Christmas album is listed as number 3

900 000 was real sales

Understood ?

wrong

it says that the album sold 3 million copies worldwide, that means 3 million people bought it

for the other person that wanted to know the difference between sold/shipped, sold is how many were bought, shipped is how many were sent out to stores to be available for purchase

wrong

it says that the album sold 3 million copies worldwide, that means 3 million people bought it

for the other person that wanted to know the difference between sold/shipped, sold is how many were bought, shipped is how many were sent out to stores to be available for purchase

please, believe me, these 3 M are shippments...not real sells !

900 000 was real sales

Understood ?

I believe the 900K figure is from SC 05. I could be wrong.

smooth, could you clarify this first expectation from sony of 900 K ?

they were right ! the album will do 900 K (with China figures)

I repeat, 3 M is the shippments !

All I can say is there is no possible way for this album to sell 3 million its first week if 1) the album hasnt rushed to number 1 on the charts (it would if it realy sold that much.. 2) Michael has never sold 3 million his first week... 3) the music industry does not work that way anymore, sales are less so if this album is selling more than MJ's previous albums that means that its basically out doing anything he's ever done by a crazzzy amount.. thats BULL!!

it can't reach 3 million by now and so many people don't even know about the album and charts have struggled in ways

Dangerous selling 326,500 in its first week but Michael selling 3 MILLION? come on

thank you:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

yes, those are shipments, not sales. still I like this good press :)

To go platinium in the first week in countries such as the UK and US is a success. Sure it didn't release number one but that's the time of year. Its still done extremely well.

All I can say is there is no possible way for this album to sell 3 million its first week if 1) the album hasnt rushed to number 1 on the charts (it would if it realy sold that much.. 2) Michael has never sold 3 million his first week... 3) the music industry does not work that way anymore, sales are less so if this album is selling more than MJ's previous albums that means that its basically out doing anything he's ever done by a crazzzy amount.. thats BULL!!

it can't reach 3 million by now and so many people don't even know about the album and charts have struggled in ways

Dangerous selling 326,500 in its first week but Michael selling 3 MILLION? come on

AFAIK, from Invincible was sold 4 mill. during 3 weeks... , so it would not be - impossible - to sell globally 3 mill. in its first week now.... for Michael.

false thread-title. thats only shipping. not sales.

false thread-title. thats only shipping. not sales.

This is the title of the article, and as you can see, there are two articles, one says - sells 3 million and the second that there were 3 mill shipped...

People who post here just to be negative are wasting board space.
dancer.gif
dancer.gif
dancer.gif
dancer.gif
4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_213.gif
THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_213.gif

Last edited:
Good sales no matter what. Most artists these days don't sell that much in their entire run of their album. Very happy to hear this. GO MJ! We

NEWS-Michael Jackson album is top global seller! Already Platinum in 14 countries!!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a29...bal-seller.html

Jackson album is top global seller
Wednesday, December 22 2010, 16:19 GMT
By Robert Copsey, Music Reporter

Michael Jackson's posthumous album has been named the top selling global album of 2010.

The LP, called Michael, debuted at number one on the global chart after three million units were shipped to 31 territories.

The CD, which topped the charts in four countries on the week of its release, has been certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the US, UK, Germany, France and Italy for shipments of over 300,000 copies.

The album opened in the UK at number four with sales of 113,000 - Jackson's biggest opening sales week since the release of Dangerous nearly 20 years ago.

Jackson's Thriller album remains the best selling album of all time, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

Last edited:
Re: NEWS-Michael Jackson album is top global seller!

Praying for this amazing news to make major international headlines all around the world!:angel:

well its clearly wrong, common sense would tell you that is incorrect .mj sells 0.34 mill in us and uk and another 2.67 mill in other countries??? lol. No album does 3 mill in its first week these days.

This is the title of the article, and as you can see, there are two articles, one says - sells 3 million and the second that there were 3 mill shipped...

you are using "sells" in the thread title. people believing it have sold 3 mio copies. but thats not right.

Re: NEWS-Michael Jackson album is top global seller! Already Platinum in 14 countries!!!

Top selling global album of 2010 -with only 3,5 million units?

Re: NEWS-Michael Jackson album is top global seller! Already Platinum in 14 countries!!!

Good News for MJ and PP&B!!!

this has been posted:yes:but thank you:yes::yes:

#3 on the Billboard 200? Um...the last time I checked..and I just checked it again, MJ is no where to be seen on the Billboard 200 (except for Number ones which is in the 140-150 range). Glee- The Music Christmas album is listed as number 3

Billboard updated charts comes out on Friday's. You should see it then

All I can say is there is no possible way for this album to sell 3 million its first week
its shipped lol. figures are always based on shipments for any artist. its good PR from sony.shame they werent as good at doing promo!

Back