'Michael' Jackson Album Sells 3 Million Globally in First Week (?)

let's not forget this..... Micheal is not here to promote...imagine if he were here 10 million worldwide easily.....

^^ he could have sold 25 mil if all those fans on Facebook went out and bought one copy.

^ those numbers are low. The album sold 85,000 copies in Germany alone, along with 30,000 in the Netherlands. Japan sales are 58,000. Total worldwide sales on Friday will be north of 700,000

thanks to juanin a french fan

Michael (CD)

Australia: 35.000 (Gold)
Brazil: 30.000 (Shipment)
Canada: 25.000 (real sales first week)
Czech Republic: 24.000 (Certification 4x Platinum)
Denmark: 5.000 (real sales first 3 days)
France: 65.201 (real sales in first weekend + first week)
Germany: 100.000 (real sales first 3 days)
Japan: 55.746 (real sales in first week)
Middle East: 6.000 (Certification)
Netherlands: 25.000 (Certification)
New Zealand: 7.500 (Certification Gold)
Portugal: 10.000 (Certification Gold)
South Korea: 10.000 (Certification)
Spain: 60.000 (Certification Platinum)
Sweden: 20.000 (Certification Gold)
UK: 113.146 (Sales First Week)
USA: 228.219 (Sales First Week)

TOTAL: 819.812 copies

^^ he could have sold 25 mil if all those fans on Facebook went out and bought one copy.

Well, you know, actually they ALL have a copy of the album, unfortunately mostly downloaded illegally:scratch:

:scratch: Hmmm...sounds like maybe they're including digital sales itunes giftcards, etc... :unsure:

Well, you know, actually they ALL have a copy of the album, unfortunately mostly downloaded illegally:scratch:
Or around 2 mil of the Facebook fans are actually MJ fans or/and like his music while the rest thinks Billie Jean is cool and it's "Michael Jackson" so they become fan.

but they ban people if they are trolling and that's exactly what you are doing.

you think the album is a failure and you are happy about it. We heard you when you said it for the first hundred times. no need to repeat over and over.

I can reapeat it as often as you keep reapeating that the album is great and is very successful

Exactly. If the figures are just shipments, how could Susan Boyle, for example, have been the global top-selling singer last year? I don't get this.

Ok children of America! *SLAP*, there is a whole world out here.

FACT No1: Michael Jackson was the BIGGEST selling artist WORLD WIDE in 2009 (30mil+)

FACT No2: Michael Is the biggest selling album of the past week WORLD WIDE, forget the US, they love fat british singers and Dolly Parton Wannabe's... They also elected probably the dumbest person to ever walk the earth... TWICE! But thats another story.

In short, all sale figures are pointing to 750,000 sales world wide in the first week, and trust me, this might not seem like alot, but today it goes sale in China, and next friday the sales will be 1 Million or more... then we just gotta wait for a massive promotion campaign to push the album to 4.5 Million, which is the number im predicting the album to sell AT MOST, and thats even a bit over the top :/

Imagine how much he coulda sell if the family did not say the casio tapes was fake n he was hear to do the promotion. I think it was good all things considered. I wonder how sony will try and sell future albums.

Imagine how much he coulda sell if the family did not say the casio tapes was fake n he was hear to do the promotion. I think it was good all things considered. I wonder how sony will try and sell future albums.

Do you know whats funny? i think the whole reason for the albums success is BECAUSE of the controversy, how do you think Michael became the biggest entertainer of all time? He was like a character on a TV show, and thats what makes him the best, well, that and also his dancing, singing, charity work, general awesomeness and all that stuff

RETURN OF THE KING: The late King of Pop makes a triumphant return to Billboard's charts.

While "Michael" arrives at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 behind Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" (2-1) and Susan Boyle's "The Gift" (1-2), Michael Jackson's posthumous set claims top honors on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.

The album is Jackson's eighth No. 1 on the R&B/hip-hop album tally:

Peak Year, Title, Weeks at No. :1
1979, "Off the Wall," 16
1983, "Thriller," 37 (the longest reign in the chart's 45-year history)
1987, "Bad," 18
1992, "Dangerous," 12
1995, "HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1," two
2001, "Invincible," four
2009, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" (soundtrack), four
2011, "Michael," one

Jackson ups his total to 94 cumulative weeks atop R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, the most among solo acts. Only the Temptations (109) have spent more time at the summit. Jackson has spent an additional 39 weeks at No. 1 with five leading albums as a member of the Jackson 5.

The arrival of "Michael" spurs a 65-39 jump on the Billboard Hot 100 for the set's first radio single "Hold My Hand," with Akon. The song is Jackson's 38th top 40 hit on the Hot 100, breaking a tie with Neil Diamond. Among male artists, Jackson trails only Elvis Presley (80), Elton John (57), Stevie Wonder (46), James Brown (44), Marvin Gaye (41), Lil Wayne (41; see below) and Frankie Valli (39) for most top 40 charted titles among solo males.

"Hold My Hand" is Jackson's first song to ascend to the Hot 100's top 40 since "Butterflies" took flight to No. 14 in January 2002.
With the new track's advance, Jackson becomes the first artist to reach the top 40 on the Hot 100 in each of the '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s.

http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...el-jackson-lonely-1004137157.story?tag=hpfeed

RETURN OF THE KING:

With the new track's advance, Jackson becomes the first artist to reach the top 40 on the Hot 100 in each of the '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s.

amazing

every day creates your HIStory
touching....
thanks for posting:D

But i am talking about sales check your facts please

No you are talking rubbish and putting your own personal negative spin on sales, using only half the facts to suit your own purpose.

We all know that 3mil is only shipped not sales but the sales figures will still speak for themselves and your constant negativity is not needed. We know what the figures mean and your opinion is not going to change the figures.

That's enough. Any more of this and the thread will be cleaned and people infractioned. People have different opinions, that's fine. But deliberatly coming in to cause trouble to push your own agenda will not be tolerated. Serena you've made your point, now move on. Stop repeating it over and over.

Teddy Riley said (on his blog? or somewhere) that Sony had 3.2 mil in pre-order.

Pre-ordered means someones buying the CD whether it's an individual or a store. IMO shipped or sold is the same. Sony's shipping the pre-o. Granted if the CD is on a store shelf, it hasn't sold yet but it was bought by the store.

Also Boyle and Swift have been out longer and sold a lot but I doubt they're global.

Good news regardless.:cheers:

:clapping: :punk:

Thats what I was thinking about....

^^ wait a second thats true.. I totally forgot about that.. the 3 million in pre-order... oh yeah!! jeez if this is true this is a world record right for first week sales?

All these articles are saying 3 million sold and yet others here are saying "real sales" will be close to 1 million. If 3 million were pre-orders doesn't that count as sales? It's very confusing.

These 734.000 copies are wrongly estimated...

Anyway, the fact is that Michael is the best seller of the last week.

That's great Michael is #1. Are these numbers counting pre-orders or just how many were bought at the actual store? I hope I make sense. I don't pre-order I just always go to the store.

All these articles are saying 3 million sold and yet others here are saying "real sales" will be close to 1 million. If 3 million were pre-orders doesn't that count as sales? It's very confusing.

Not really. The album sales usually mean when end-users buy the album from the stores. Shops 'pre-orders' mean the amount the have been expecting to sell. Individual shops decide themselves how much they need copies pre-ordered. It's like they don't want it to be sold out (sometimes they predict very wrong and then it will be either sold out or they will have to sell the order amount much longer than thought) so that way they try to guarantee their own profit from the 'hit album'. That means technically it's possible there's 3 million pre-orders but like a great percent from that remain on the shelves of the stores for a long time. With some artists it's happened many times before but it's very unlikely with Michael. So when they sell their pre-orders they just order more. I think that 3 million will be sold at least in a month or something like that..

So, judging by the sales that we currently know, is it safe to assume that "Michael" will be announced as #1 tomorrow?

Not really. The album sales usually mean when end-users buy the album from the stores. Shops 'pre-orders' mean the amount the have been expecting to sell. Individual shops decide themselves how much they need copies pre-ordered. It's like they don't want it to be sold out (sometimes they predict very wrong and then it will be either sold out or they will have to sell the order amount much longer than thought) so that way they try to guarantee their own profit from the 'hit album'. That means technically it's possible there's 3 million pre-orders but like a great percent from that remain on the shelves of the stores for a long time. With some artists it's happened many times before but it's very unlikely with Michael. So when they sell their pre-orders they just order more. I think that 3 million will be sold at least in a month or something like that..

Thank you.

These 734.000 copies are wrongly estimated...

Anyway, the fact is that Michael is the best seller of the last week.

It is right depending on how to look at it. They count only official charts so countries that don't have official charts (like Russia and China i.e), will be left out. But it is the same with all the artists estimated. So it's kinda fair. But it's a bit unfair for i.e. native artists who sell lot in countries with no official charts.

Back