R.I.P Don Cornelius - Thanks for The Love, the Peace your Soul & MJ ~ Sept.27, 1936 – Feb 1, 2012

Silouette

Proud Member
'Soul Train' creator Don Cornelius committed suicide

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/...l-train-creator-don-cornelius-commits-suicide

Don Cornelius, creator of the long-running TV dance show "Soul Train," is dead at 75 of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Los Angeles police tell the Associated Press

Stars such as Ike and Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, the Jackson 5, James Brown and Stevie Wonder appeared on the show.

Rest in peace Mr Cornelius.

Re: 'Soul Train' creator Don Cornelius committed suicide

OH NO!!!!

I wonder what was going on? What happened?

So sad! :(

I just got home and I see this news.........The world feels so empty now , we're losing all of the greats and theres no one to replace these people.

RIP, Don Cornelius!

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1907409_1907413_1907485,00.html

mj_celebs_cornelius.jpg

Don Cornelius is the creator of the pioneering dance and music TV show Soul Train.
The word got around that these kids from Gary, Ind. — next door to Chicago, where I was working as an announcer — were amazing. A lot of the local recording artists were being told, "If these Jackson 5 kids are on the show that you're contemplating [doing], don't book the show because they will kick your ass." That's when Michael was 6 or 7. I got to know their father Joe Jackson accidentally — or I sought him out, I can't remember; it's been a long time. Most of the guys I worked with at the radio station did some moonlighting as stage-show promoters, and I found a venue and decided to do one. Joe was nice enough to give me the group. That's how I met them and first got to know Michael. He was about 8.

Michael epitomized the incredible lead singer that most major groups tend to have: the Miracles with Smokey Robinson, the Commodores with Lionel Richie, the Temptations with Eddie and Dennis. Joe Jackson had figured out that that was the formula: he had the spectacular lead singer who could do every step that James Brown ever demonstrated. Michael was just a killer onstage. That's the first thing you noticed. He knew his way around a stage; he commanded the whole operation.

He had a star quality, even as an 8-year-old. He was such a lovable individual. If you were backstage, you saw the women who happened to be on the same show, and they just kind of adopted Michael. They were always hugging and kissing and rubbing him — it went on and on, more than almost any other kid could possibly bear. I'm sure Michael got tired of it, but he never complained. They were all over him. As time went on, he sort of fell in love with Diana Ross —her music and her singing — and I think it was mutual. She fell in love with him also. He was still only 9 or 10.

With a guy who's that young, you don't try to project how good he's gonna be 'cause he's only 4 ft. tall. You're looking at a small person who can do anything he wants to do onstage — with his feet or his voice. To get to the level of people who can do that, you're talking about James Brown as a performer. You're talking about Aretha Franklin as a singer. Or Stevie Wonder or Donny Hathaway — people who were renowned for being able to do whatever they wanted to do with their voices. Michael was like that as a kid.

As he began to evolve, you could hear Diana in his singing. You could hear Stevie Wonder. You could hear Marvin Gaye. You could hear Smokey. Once he put it all together, you wouldn't hear anybody imitating him, because he just had too much going for him as a singer. He was the man. The younger guys coming up used him as the standard. If there's anyone to use as the standard, to shoot at, to compare yourself with, it's Michael Jackson.

How very tragic. Prayers to his family. I have such fond memories of Soul Train growing up.

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson (from the R&B 2T; MJ's nephew; Tito son)
RIP Don Cornelius. One of my most memorable TV performances with 3T was on Soul Train with Don Cornelius.
42 minutes ago

latoyajackson La Toya Jackson (MJ's older sister)
“@CNN: “Soul Train” creator Don Cornelius dead of gunshot wound. Don brought such joy into the homes of many for years! He will be missed!!!
1 hour ago

latoyajackson La Toya Jackson
My Deepest Condolence To The Family and Love Ones Of #DonCornelius.
1 hour ago

AustinBrown Austin Brown (MJ's nephew & upcoming singer; Rebbie's son)
Photo: Don Cornelius changed so many aspects of soul music with true dedication and a vision. His vision... tmblr.co/ZzBJnwFjbjea
2 hours ago

http://www.austinbrown.com/post/16870988324/don-cornelius-changed-so-many-aspects-of-the-music
tumblr_lyq7lfn4HX1r4oewmo1_400.jpg

Don Cornelius changed so many aspects of the music industry with true dedication and a vision. His vision literally gave multiple generations the chance to see their favorite artists and groups perform, and get to feel and understand their style. With his message of “Love, Peace and Soul,” he helped change the way we heard an artist and helped us really see their words.

He gave the world so much greatness and may he forever Rest In Peace.

Major bummer..........I was just thinking about the J5 performance of "Dancing Machine" the other day randomly. :(

I was shocked when I heard of this. For a period of time, I would flip on Soul Train every morning on Centric channel before going in to work. Love the show. RIP :(

Omg what in the world coming to losing so many legands?! :( RIP Don Cornelius thanks for making soul train for over 40 years to our living rooms.

Whatta shame:( RIP Don but suicide is never answer

Yes, it really is quite sad and heartbreaking.
To know that this man was in such turmoil that he felt that this was his only way out.
Shocking.

He created such a unique and dynamic platform for kids to showcase their dancing skills;
not to mentiion the many artists who were able to get their music "seen" by so many
thru this show. This was his vision. From the not so well known to the well-known,
Don Cornelius had them on the show. This was a special treat for the viewing audience
as well; to see who was going to be on that week.
Can't forget The Soul Train Line, and The Soul Train Scramble Board.
Man! The ST Line is a tradition at many events and occasions to this day!

Soul Train was a ritual in my household....every Sataurday.

I just got home and I see this news.........The world feels so empty now , we're losing all of the greats and theres no one to replace these people.

This is so sad but so true!!!!

Don Cornelius Remembered: Kenneth Gamble touts 'Soul Train' Pride
February 2, 2012 | 7:15am

jacksons_pic.jpg

Kenneth Gamble, along with partners Leon Huff and Thom Bell, was responsible for discovering and nurturing numerous R&B and soul performers during the heyday of their Philadelphia International Records label in the 1970s and '80s. Gamble and Huff also became one of the premier songwriting and production teams in popular music, putting their stamp on dozens of hits, including songs by Brian Holland-Lamont Dozier-Eddie Holland and Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson. Here, he remembers "Soul Train" creator Don Cornelius, who died Wednesday.

“I’m sad to hear of his passing. He was such a wonderful person and an American icon.
“Don Cornelius’ ‘Soul Train’ made a great contribution to American culture. It came directly from the African American community. It was more than TV dance show; it was a source of pride and dignity for African American community. There were hardly any venues at that time, especially on TV, that would give African American artists any exposure, including ‘[American] Bandstand.’

soultraincollage.jpg

“‘Bandstand’ was a dance show, but it basically concentrated on Caucasian people. They had a few black artists on from time to time. ‘Soul Train’ was something that the African American community first embraced -- and it’s always good to see African American people on TV -- but then it spread to become a national and an international phenomenon.
“I first met Don Cornelius in the late '60s or early '70s. We got a long real well. He was just getting started at the same time we were just getting started. We both agreed that hopefully we’d be able to make records some day.
"We had some local acts -- the Intruders, the Delfonics -- that we working with here in Philly. He said ‘Come do my show.’ It was in Chicago then and it was a regional show. So we used to send what little acts we had at the time to Chicago and they were able to get that regional exposure.
"But when he moved to California and 'Soul Train' became a national sensation, we could send an artist like Billy Paul or Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes and you got instant national exposure, which became something that helped increase record sales, increased the crowds at their performances and everything.
“‘Soul Train’ not only became a community -- something that gave the African American community a lot of pride -- but it became a strong economic engine for the total music industry. It got so popular that artists like Elton John and David Bowie and the Bee Gees wanted to be on ‘Soul Train.’ By that time it had gone far beyond the color barrier this country has embraced for so long.
“During the time when ‘Soul Train’ was going to California and was starting to get real big, our relationship with Don Cornelius continued. I used to talk to him two or three times a week. At one point I said, ‘Don you need a theme song.’ He said, ‘Well you, know, I got a theme song I use. I said, 'No, you need your own theme song and I want to do one for you. Johnny Carson’s got a theme song, Bob Hope has a theme song, Every great person has a theme song. You know what I mean.
“So we invited him to come here to Philly, and he came on a Friday night. Huff, Thom Bell and myself were messing around with some concepts and we went into the studio that Saturday, but we weren’t really satisfied with what we came up with. Don would say, ‘I’m going back home,’ but I said, ‘You’ve got to stay one more day. You can go back on Sunday. He went back to his hotel and Huff and I came back to our office.
“We got onto the piano and tried to break our brains because we’ve gotta come up with something great for this guy. Then we got the part that goes ‘Soul train, soul train,’ and everything fell into place once we got that hook. We borrowed something from ‘Love Train’ -- the line about ‘people all over the world’ -- because the show was trying to communicate with people all over the world. That thing just fell into place. Don was so happy, but when he heard it, it still wasn’t finished; we only had the rhythm section. We put the Three Degrees in there; they were hot with ‘When Will I See You Again,’ along with the MFSB orchestra and got it finished.
“We said, ‘Let’s call it “The Soul Train Theme.’ But Don didn’t want to. He said 'I’m protective of my ‘Soul Train’ brand.' You can call it anything else you want. We called it ‘TSOP’ and in parentheses ‘The Sound of Philadelphia.’ It became a No. 1 record all over the world. In the Philippines it was No. 1.
“Even today when you hear it, you think of ‘Soul Train.’ Don told me [later], ‘That was the dumbest move I ever made. It should have been called 'Soul Train theme.’
"Those were great times. Without Don Cornelius, people like the O’Jays, Teddy Pendergrass, Patti LaBelle, the Three Degrees, Billy Paul -- all the artists we had -- the Delfonics, all these great artists would never have gotten national exposure.
"There were not other opportunities for black artists. A lot of that happened because you don’t get the sponsors for black art in America. America trying to run away from black thought. That’s a detriment to America. People don’t realize the value they have in the African American community and the contributions that have been made and that are still being made.
“He was taking artists nobody ever heard of -- that’s the most important part. It’s great to get the big-name artists, but who’s going to take great new artists like the Intruders, put them on your show and then they become a million seller? He played a big part in developing new talent.
“Also, look at all the dancers that were on that show and how creative they were. They made their own costumes, put together their own skits and many went on to be movie stars, television stars, choreographers, everything you can think of.
“It was a moment in time. A moment that comes around every now and then, when someone has a vision. Don Cornelius had a vision and the talent to put together an idea that was timely and able to capture the imagination of the whole world.
“He was a great man, a humble man, and a very giving man. I pray for him. When I think of him, I think of fun times. Those were fun times in America.”

The Background of an African American Trailblazer:

CORNELIUS-DON-Du-Sable-1954-Senior-Portrait.jpg

Don Cornelius was an American television show host and producer who was best known as the creator of the nationally syndicated dance/music franchise Soul Train, which he hosted from 1971 to 1993. Don Cornelius was born in Chicago's South Side on September 27, 1936,and raised in the Bronzeville neighborhood. Following his graduation from DuSable High School in 1954, he joined the United States Marine Corps and served 18 months in Korea. He worked at various jobs following his stint in the military, including selling tires, automobiles, and insurance, and as an officer with the Chicago Police Department. He quit his day job to take a three-month broadcasting course in 1966 despite being married with two sons and only $400 in his bank account.

1328222481-wciu.jpg

In 1966, he landed a job as an announcer, news reporter and disc jockey on Chicago radio station WVON.
Prior to moving the show to Los Angeles where it went into national syndication, Cornelius began SOUL TRAIN as a local show on WCIU-TV in Chicago in the mid 1960s.
Originally a journalist inspired by the civil rights movement, Cornelius recognized that in the late 1960s there was no television venue in the United States for soul music, and introduced many African-American musicians to a larger audience as a result of their appearances on Soul Train, a program that was both influential among African-Americans and popular with a wider audience. As writer, producer, and host of Soul Train, Cornelius was instrumental in offering wider exposure to black musicians such as James Brown, Aretha Franklin, and Michael Jackson, as well as creating opportunities for talented dancers that would presage subsequent television dance programsCornelius said "We had a show that kids gravitated to," and Spike Lee described the program as an "urban music time capsule."
Besides his smooth and deep voice, Cornelius was best known for the catchphrase that he used to close the show: "... and you can bet your last money, it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey! I'm Don Cornelius, and as always in parting, we wish you love, peace and soul!" After Cornelius's departure, it was shortened to "...and as always, we wish you love, peace and soul!" and was used through the most recent new episodes in 2006. Another introductory phrase he often used was: "We got another sound comin' out of Philly that's a sure 'nough dilly."
He had a small number of film roles, most notably as record producer Moe Fuzz in 1988's Tapeheads.
The 2008 Soul Train Music Awards ceremony was not held due to the WGA strike and the end of Tribune Entertainment complicating the process of finding a new distributor to air the ceremony and line up the stations to air it. The awards show was moved in 2009 to Viacom's Centric cable channel (formerly BET J), which now airs Soul Train in reruns.
Cornelius last appeared at the 2009 BET Awards to present The O'Jays with the 2009 BET Lifetime Achievement Award.

78.jpg

The Access Hollywood Website

Aretha Franklin and other music superstars are remembering the late Don Cornelius, creator of “Soul Train,” who was found dead at this home in Sherman Oaks, Calif., on Wednesday morning at the age of 75.
Here’s what they had to say regarding the tragic loss:
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy:
“Recording Academy Trustees Award recipient Don Cornelius created a cultural phenomenon with “Soul Train,” providing a platform for recording artists to showcase their talents to a wider, more diverse audience. He made an indelible impact on American television, one that will continue to be appreciated for generations to come. His beautiful, deep voice and measured pace always sounded warm and familiar to the millions who admired and followed his broadcasts. The music industry has lost a true visionary and trailblazer, and our deepest sympathies extend to his family, friends, and all who welcomed him in their homes for so many years.”
Debra L. Lee, Chairman & CEO of BET Networks:

“We are deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Don Cornelius. He was a pioneer in the television and music industries and his legacy and influence on American culture will continue to live on for many generations to come. He made ‘Soul Train’ a destination for lovers of Black culture and music and connected the world to our culture and we are forever grateful. We owe so much of our success to him, he built the space for the creation of a BET, built a platform for the music that our audience loves and gave a voice to countless artists that shaped black culture and beyond—his impact can’t be measured. He will be missed, but remembered at every wedding, party and family reunion forever with the enduring ‘Soul Train’ line.”
Shemar Moore:
“My heart is heavy after hearing the news of Don’s passing. I can’t imagine what His Son Tony and extended family must be feeling. I am truly sorry that such an iconic man has left us too soon. Don Cornelius was responsible for a show that revolutionized the Music industry, introduced the world to many of the Biggest Superstars of music, showed generation after generation over 40 years how to keep it funky and get your groove on every Saturday morning on ‘The Hippest Trip In America’… ‘Soul Train.’ It was truly my Honor to continue the tradition and be a part of History by being given the opportunity by Don to Host Soul Train for 5 years. I didn’t dare try to fill his shoes because it just couldn’t be done! Don was one of a kind! Don was The Man!! “And as always in parting, Me and Your ‘Soul Train’ Family wish you, Don, Love, Peace, and Soul!!!! Rest in Peace My Friend.”
Earvin “Magic” Johnson, “Soul Train” Holdings Chairman:
“Don Cornelius was a pioneer, an innovator, and a trailblazer. He was the first African-American to create, produce, host and more importantly OWN his own television show. ‘Soul Train’ was a nationally syndicated show that paved the way for singers, musicians and dancers, giving them the ultimate platform to showcase their talents when no one else would. Every Saturday morning I looked forward to watching ‘Soul Train,’ as did millions of other people. ‘Soul Train’ taught the world how to dance! Don’s contribution to us all is immeasurable. He will truly be missed. I thank him for trusting me with his ‘Soul Train brand’ and I will carry on his legacy through it. My condolences to his son and my good friend Tony Cornelius and the entire Cornelius family.”
Quincy Jones:
“I am shocked and deeply saddened at the sudden passing of my friend, colleague, and business partner Don Cornelius. Don was a visionary pioneer and a giant in our business. Before MTV there was ‘Soul Train,’ that will be the great legacy of Don Cornelius. His contributions to television, music and our culture as a whole will never be matched. My heart goes out to Don’s family and loved ones.”
Stevie Wonder:
“It’s a heartbreak to the music world, to the television world and it is a heartbreak to me personally. That’s why we have to always reach out to friends and put our best love forward. God bless his family and God bless his soul.”
Arsenio Hall:
“Since the year I landed in this town … He has been one of my ‘Hollywood mentors’ … and a loyal FRIEND! There is NO soul in my bowl this morning!”
Gladys Knight:
Don Corneilus was a pioneer in the field of musical television for African American artists, incorporating dance along with song. He believed wholeheartedly in his dream of giving people of Color a face on this powerful thing called T.V. A dream such as his was almost unthinkable for Black people with the social climate of prejudice being what it was. But he persevered, he worked, and succeeded. His persona was cool and laid back, but underneath he had a drive to get things done. He was a great friend and counselor. He opened many, many doors and hearts teaching all who came in contact with his soul train about peace, love, and SOUL!!! I pray for him and his family for he truly lifted us up as artists and as people to a higher place. Job well done Don! We love you!
Aretha Franklin:
“It’s just so sad, stunning and downright shocking and a huge and momentous loss to the African-American community and the world at large. Don Cornelius single handedly brought about a melding and unity of brother and sisterhood among young adults worldwide and globally with the unforgettable creation of ‘Soul Train.’”
Whitney Houston:
“I grew up watching ‘Soul Train’ and I was privileged to perform on the show at the beginning of my career and on several more occasions. Don opened the door for many artists. He was a great pioneer.”
Rev Run :
Run recalled watching the show as a kid and seeing iconic performances by Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye. The rap icon was such a fan of Cornelius' "Soul Train" that when he finally appeared on the show in the 1980s with his group RUN-DMC, the magnitude of his appearance didn't quite sink in.
"As a kid, before I had any experience in it — Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye — it was just cool; it was just big," Run said, still humbled by his appearance on the show more than 30 years later. "I was happier watching it from home. ... It was bigger than me and more cooler than me."

Remembering Michael ~ Don Cornelius
Don Cornelius is the creator of the pioneering dance and music TV show Soul Train.

tumblr_lyqmn7UpKD1r1epupo1_500.jpg

The word got around that these kids from Gary, Ind. — next door to Chicago, where I was working as an announcer — were amazing. A lot of the local recording artists were being told, "If these Jackson 5 kids are on the show that you're contemplating [doing], don't book the show because they will kick your ass." That's when Michael was 6 or 7. I got to know their father Joe Jackson accidentally — or I sought him out, I can't remember; it's been a long time. Most of the guys I worked with at the radio station did some moonlighting as stage-show promoters, and I found a venue and decided to do one. Joe was nice enough to give me the group. That's how I met them and first got to know Michael. He was about 8.

Michael epitomized the incredible lead singer that most major groups tend to have: the Miracles with Smokey Robinson, the Commodores with Lionel Richie, the Temptations with Eddie and Dennis. Joe Jackson had figured out that that was the formula: he had the spectacular lead singer who could do every step that James Brown ever demonstrated. Michael was just a killer onstage. That's the first thing you noticed. He knew his way around a stage; he commanded the whole operation.

tumblr_lff6qhcGL41qc41wuo1_r1_500.gif

He had a star quality, even as an 8-year-old. He was such a lovable individual. If you were backstage, you saw the women who happened to be on the same show, and they just kind of adopted Michael. They were always hugging and kissing and rubbing him — it went on and on, more than almost any other kid could possibly bear. I'm sure Michael got tired of it, but he never complained. They were all over him. As time went on, he sort of fell in love with Diana Ross —her music and her singing — and I think it was mutual. She fell in love with him also. He was still only 9 or 10.

gallery_4_209_45072.jpg

With a guy who's that young, you don't try to project how good he's gonna be 'cause he's only 4 ft. tall. You're looking at a small person who can do anything he wants to do onstage — with his feet or his voice. To get to the level of people who can do that, you're talking about James Brown as a performer. You're talking about Aretha Franklin as a singer. Or Stevie Wonder or Donny Hathaway — people who were renowned for being able to do whatever they wanted to do with their voices. Michael was like that as a kid. As he began to evolve, you could hear Diana in his singing. You could hear Stevie Wonder. You could hear Marvin Gaye. You could hear Smokey. Once he put it all together, you wouldn't hear anybody imitating him, because he just had too much going for him as a singer. He was the man. The younger guys coming up used him as the standard. If there's anyone to use as the standard, to shoot at, to compare yourself with, it's Michael Jackson.

The Background Story on Influencing Michael's Dances:

[YOUTUBE]lThF2dSDFRU[/YOUTUBE]

Jeffrey Daniel is an American dancer, singer-songwriter and choreographer, most notable for being a member of the R&B vocal group Shalamar. In Nigeria he is best known as an Idol series judge. Daniel first performed "the backslide", a physically complicated dance technique, now known as the "moonwalk" on British television, during a performance of Shalamar's "A Night to Remember" on Top of the Pops. The song was a hit in 1982, almost a year before Michael Jackson moonwalked on the Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever television broadcast; he was a big fan of Soul Train - on which Jeffrey Daniel had been a back-up dancer. According to Jackson's sister La Toya, Jackson was a fan of Daniel's dancing and sought him out. He soon met, hired and learned from Daniel. Daniel became a renowned and respected pioneer of the West coast Street dance movement[citation needed]. He and his peers took a style of dance from the streets and clubs to the mainstream music and media world. The world saw a fusion of Jazz, Popping, Locking, Robotics, Waacking, House and Hip hop merged into effortless sequences of remarkable physical complexity.
During his career he has taught, worked and ranked alongside other friends and dance pioneers such as Shabba Doo, Geron Casper Candidate, Cooley Jackson, Poppin Pete and The Electric Boogaloos.
Daniel gives great credit to a man that inspired him, the original dance 'Locker' Don Campbell, one of the earliest Soul Train dancers. He also gives thanks to Cleveland Moses Jr. his partner on Soul Train and to Tyrone Proctor who was the premier 'Waack' dancer who taught Jeffrey the style of dance known as 'Waacking'. It was on Soul Train whilst doing a routine dressed in black that Daniel and Geron 'Casper' Candidate and Derek 'Cooley' Jackson first performed the moonwalk on U.S. television. By 1987, Daniel was working with Michael Jackson who had always been a fan of Daniel's dance style since watching him on Soul Train in the 1970's. He was hired as co-choreographer on the "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal" videos with primary choreographer Travis Payne in which he also starred with his "dance brothers" Geron "Casper" Candidate and Cooley Jackson. He was later employed as a creative and choreography consultant on his world tours and the video Ghosts. Daniel's music and dance expertise was then employed when he became a consultant at the MJJ Productions record label to whom Brownstone, 3T and Men of Vision were signed. Michael Jackson flew Daniel back to live in the United States from Japan where Daniel had taken up residence since leaving the United Kingdom.

[YOUTUBE]ij802zpxLxM[/YOUTUBE]

The Youtube Videos of Michael Jackson on Soul Train:

[YOUTUBE]kWi1AoV5omY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RngHriQXOoY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]m7EPvorKbsk[/YOUTUBE]

The Photo Gallery:

Don-Cornelius-Dementia.jpg

Don-Cornelius-608x404.jpg

Don_Cornelius_20120201095635_320_240.JPG

Don-Cornelius-Dead.jpg

don-cornelius-soul-train-thr.jpg

stevie-wonder-don-cornelius-IFWT.jpg

image.jpg

jackson-5-soul-train-IFWT.jpg

414FFGJGM5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

safe_image.php

safe_image.php

73908664_ssv.jpg

Full

Disco+Picture.jpg

dXqvJzGE0LBjktA.jpg

james-brown-al-sharpton-don-cornelius-thumb-400xauto-29795.jpg

52383562.jpg

features_cover1-3.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-02-01-at-9.19.43-AM.png

52258083.jpg

09_scrambel-pg-horizontal.jpg

jpappraisal2-sfSpan.jpg

8527510_600x338.jpg

soul-train-awards.jpg

d3910_281x211.jpg

:heart: :pray: R.I.P Donald Cortez "Don" Cornelius (September 27, 1936 – February 1, 2012)

:pray:THANKS FOR THE LOVE , THE PEACE AND YOUR SOUL :heart: YOU SAVED US ALL
:bow:

The Sources
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/don-cornelius-remembered-kenneth-gamble.html

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/...in-stevie-wonder-pay-tribute-to-don-cornelius

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1907409_1907413_1907485,00.html

The Soul Train Website:
http://soultrain.com/tag/don-cornelius/

:heart::bow::angel:
MJ TinkerBell
:heart::cry::pray:

Last edited:
I am so sadden and shock about his passing. I love watching old re-runs of Soul train still. R.I.P Don! =,( And thx for the memories!

I was sad to learn of this loss. It's true, you did not have to be black to watch Soul Train. It was on all the time in my house back in the 70's - we are Puerto Rican. I was very young but my older sisters always had it on. It's so funny to go back and watch the old shows now.

I remember looking at the J5 on Soul train and learning dance moves from the show. This is very sad indeed.

Back