>>MTV Italia contest for celebrate Thriller 25 (prizes: flights to LA for Grammys, Ipod with T25)!!!

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
>>MTV Italia contest for celebrate Thriller 25 (prizes: flights to LA for Grammys, Ipod with T25)!!!

MTV joins celebrations for Thriller 25th Anniversay with a contest, starting January 22th until January 31th, on TRL.
Contest is intended for all viewers of TRL:
1) Must own the "Thriller" album.
2) Must own Michael Jackson memorabilia like t-shirts, concerts' tickets, etc...to be taken into consideration. The most prestigious ones will increase the possibility to win the contest.
3) Must be able to faithfully reproduce a Michael Jackson move.

Participation in the competition will be via e-mail. Competitors must write an e-mail stating why they fulfil the conditions set out above, as well as highlight the reasons they should be preferred over other competitors.

The winner and a companion will fly to Los Angeles to attend the Grammy Awards ceremony and walk on the Red Carpet immediately before the Show. Everything will be filmed and broadcast later on TRL.
An I-Pod limited edition containing "Thriller: 25th Anniversary" in digital format will be consolation prizes awarded in dates subsequent to February 1.
From February 4th to the 8th TRL will be given away 10 T-shirts, posters, magnets and Mouse Pads promoting "Thriller: 25th Anniversary".

But that's not all: MTV Italy and Gold will host an MTV special programming dedication to the King of Pop: Live In Bucharest in 1992 followed by "Ghosts" (a 38 minute movie made in 1997 with Michael Jackson as main character). MTV Gold (channel 705 of SKy) will honor Michael Jackson as Artist Of The Week from March 10th to the 14th at 14.30 and 22.30 and March 16 at 8:00.

MTV The Most Icon will devote a single episode of the series to Michael Jackson.
Even Mtv.it will do its part with specials and exclusives.

So check back here to find all appointments and addresses relevant to participate in the competition.

Meanwhile, long live the King of Pop!

source: MTV Italy/MJJC News

:woohoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: >>MTV Italia contest for celebrate Thriller 25 (prizes: flights to LA for Grammys, Ipod with T25

why cant they do something like that in every county
it sounds great thanks for posting :punk:

Re: >>MTV Italia contest for celebrate Thriller 25 (prizes: flights to LA for Grammys, Ipod with T25

aw ain't that cute lol

That's great!!!!

That's what I am talkin' about!:yes:

this is wonderful! thanks for posting.. and something tells me.. other MTV channels will be doing something for Thriller too..

Sony/BMG.. ain't playing around...

that programming sounds so good, showing the dangerous in bucharest concert! Now that would remind people of Michael's talent. Is that competition only open to people who live in Italy?

cool. By the way anyone think the fact that theyre giving away tickets for grammys for an MJ competition could have a good reason? ... if you know what I mean ^_^

ofcourse, still have my fingers crossed

Why only MTV Italy? I mean, why not in another countries, too? MTV UK and USA - for example - are important channels with million viewers.

The Grammy's was bouncing around in my brain too but I aint saying nothing out loud :lol:

This is all really awesome!

Last edited:

The Grammys Are Gonna Be Special This Year!!

Now something happens. Great.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Enrico! February is gonna be great, I haven't seen this much promotion for an MJ album in almost 15 years.

GRAMMYs takes place one day before the album is released in Europe, two days before it is released in the US. Off the Wall and Thriller were inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame this year, Quincy is the official ambassador, GRAMMYs are celebrating 50 years, Michael is celebrating 25 years of Thriller, and now MTV (Italy) is giving away tickets to attend the event... Everything is lined up perfectly :D

This competition starts tomorrow! :wild:

yep...i certainly get the hint about the giving away of free grammy tickets. as far as genuinely reproducing an MJ move...i guess that disqualifies me. lol:p

So they're giving flights to the Grammy's. Does this mean Michael will be appearing?

GRAMMYs takes place one day before the album is released in Europe, two days before it is released in the US. Off the Wall and Thriller were inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame this year, Quincy is the official ambassador, GRAMMYs are celebrating 50 years, Michael is celebrating 25 years of Thriller, and now MTV (Italy) is giving away tickets to attend the event... Everything is lined up perfectly :D

Now that's what's up. Well put man.
Thanx for the news.... Mikes back baby :)

Can somebody better translate this paragraph from the official MTV.it news article about this contest?

Domenica 10 febbraio si terrà a Los Angeles la cerimonia di assegnazione dei Grammy Awards, nel corso della quale verrà ricordata la pubblicazione di questo storico album con numerosi ospiti, fra i quali, si vocifera, anche lo stesso Michael Jackson, attualmente al lavoro sul suo nuovo disco.

Using a rough online translator, it reads:

Sunday 10 February will be held in Los Angeles the ceremony allocating Grammy Awards, in the Corsican which will be remembered publication of this historic album with a number of guests, among them, vocifera, the same Michael Jackson, currently working on his new disc.

Thanks Enrico! February is gonna be great, I haven't seen this much promotion for an MJ album in almost 15 years.

WOW, it's gonna be an awesome year!!!!
Guys, can you feel it?!!!

Can somebody better translate this paragraph from the official MTV.it news article about this contest?

On Sunday 10th February in Los Angeles will be held the Grammy Awards ceremony, throughout which will be remembered the release of this historical album with many guests, among which, its rumoured, Michael Jackson himself, currently working on his new album.

;)

On Sunday 10th February in Los Angeles will be held the Grammy Awards ceremony, throughout which will be remembered the release of this historical album with many guests, among which, its rumoured, Michael Jackson himself, currently working on his new album.

;)

:D Thanks! I can't wait for the event, I hope that the writer's strike does not disrupt it.

Now that the writers strike is over.. I am getting excited about the Grammys' and the possibility of MJ showing his face....getting my recorder ready...

why Grammy tickets??

ummmmm, something happens

I wasn't aware the writer's strike was over

Hmm interesting. Sony France are also planning a Thriller 25 competition, where the winner would fly out to see the Grammies aswell. Something's brewing...:shifty:

Hmm interesting. Sony France are also planning a Thriller 25 competition, where the winner would fly out to see the Grammies aswell. Something's brewing...:shifty:
wow

I'm speechless

cant wait, baby!!!

Back