Australians- Where Will You Buy Thriller 25?

Hey guys! Long time no see for a bunch of ya! Hope your all well!

I've been very lazy and haven't even preordered any versions yet, so I'm watching this website with much interest....
I like the free shipping thing you mentioned Marni!

Any other Aussies out there???

I popped into Virgin on George Street..

how come they dont sell singles..they were playing PYT when I purchased the album..perfect timing :)

I bought a copy of the deluxe edition today from JB Hi-Fi.

JB Hi-Fi started selling it this morning (Friday) because apparently other music retailers broke the embargo and started selling it today.

Hopefully not too many people bought it today as the ARIA charts are calculated from Saturday to a Friday, which means all sales from today will count towards the chart released this coming Monday... but I couldn't resist!

Hulk

I bought a copy of the deluxe edition today from JB Hi-Fi.

JB Hi-Fi started selling it this morning (Friday) because apparently other music retailers broke the embargo and started selling it today.

Hopefully not too many people bought it today as the ARIA charts are calculated from Saturday to a Friday, which means all sales from today will count towards the chart released this coming Monday... but I couldn't resist!

Hulk

maybe they will count as pre-sales and contribute to next weeks sales?

Every music shop in Australia should be selling it tomorrow. I got mine for like $35 i think. Not 100% sure as i havent picked it up yet.

Hulk hows the booklet?

The deluxe edition was only $26.99 at JB Hi-Fi. The standard edition was $24.99.

The deluxe edition is a hard cover book with the CD and DVD in sleeves on the inside of the front and back cover (I didn't realise it was going to be like this). The tracklisting on the back is actually a separate sheet of paper.

The booklet is nice! It contains lyrics for the songs from the original album, MJ's "The Girl Is Mine" and "Thriller" illustrations and lots of photographs, most of which are from the "Thriller" short film. There are also a few pages with pictures of the vinyl single covers which are pretty cool.

Hulk

I got mine in Sanity today. I couldn't resist otherwise I'd have gone to JB Hi-Fi and got it there. They only had one version though... the zombie cover with the DVD but without the 50 page booklet.

It was worse actually cos I thought the holographic cover would change but it's the same when you tilt it. It's just shiny and not holographic at all.

so u were not excited to begin with?
or u thought it was gonna be awesome and it wasnt?

lol regardless, i KNOW im gonna be excited when i grab it!

The booklet is nice...the cover is really nice...this hologram effect thing makes it sg unique..the videos are nice to have, a making of would have been better I must say..
The sound quality is excellent. the Thank yous are sweet...
YES! there is a thank you to Bill too! :punk:The Mixes we heard...Some of them are really good.. So it is a nice package...

Thriller Reloaded...The idea is innovative...will sit nicely in my collection, but getting excited...I would do so..for the singles..:punk:

Guys I live in werribee.. and i got mine in the werribee plaza jbhi -fi store!!
if any of u live near me....check it out!

CUZ I GOT MINE TODAY!!! :) :) :):)

Sanity are selling it over here in Western Australia already, I didn't call JB HiFi, although there wouldn't be any reason they wouldn't be selling it.

I got the cd-dvd and shiny cover with booklet version today! I'll get what ever other versions I can find next week! I love it! The whole album is worth it just because of the last track, "For All Time". OMG

The deluxe edition was only $26.99 at JB Hi-Fi. The standard edition was $24.99.

The deluxe edition is a hard cover book with the CD and DVD in sleeves on the inside of the front and back cover (I didn't realise it was going to be like this). The tracklisting on the back is actually a separate sheet of paper.

The booklet is nice! It contains lyrics for the songs from the original album, MJ's "The Girl Is Mine" and "Thriller" illustrations and lots of photographs, most of which are from the "Thriller" short film. There are also a few pages with pictures of the vinyl single covers which are pretty cool.

Hulk

That's what I got today!! :woohoo: Looks awesome!! :punk:

and Whilst I was there they were playing Thriller25... on LOOP!!! The girl was like "Oh yay! another Thriller purchase! :p and I was like "Oh most definatley!!" :p she was like "yeah we've been listening to it allll day :wild:

Very awesome! ^_^

to all who have it.. was it as exciting getting it as you thought it would be?

Yes :p

I knew what I was getting and I lubs it!! :p

so u were not excited to begin with?
or u thought it was gonna be awesome and it wasnt?

lol regardless, i KNOW im gonna be excited when i grab it!

before i bought it:

okay, am supporting Mj. have to go buy it now. not really fond..oh well.

After i bought it:

*twits* like a little bird, touching it, feeling it, smelling it, admiring it, trying to "stick it into other people's faces" so they will buy it as well. :p anyways, had an all out MJ feast after i bought it.

I always think i'm going to be cool when it comes to MJ...but it does get suprisingly exciting. :lol:

So when I bought it a couple of days ago it was #2 in JB Hi-Fi. I walked past Sanity yesterday and they had it at #1!! I think T25 will debut very high on the ARIA charts when they come out for this week on Sunday.

Last edited:
Back