Michael to play new songs at the o2

davidbow1e

Proud Member
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/05/shubert.michael.jackson.cnn?iref=videosearch

Michael Jackson is going to play some new songs at the o2, confirmed by Randy Phillips, head of AEG live and official promoter of the 10 live dates. Folks, I think this means new material is very, very close!

Right from the promoter's (Randy Phillips) mouth!!!!

"He's gonna do all the hits, with fabulous new production...that we're in the process of designing. There will be a couple of new songs, new music, which i've heard. And its spectacular! There's a reason why he's the king of pop!"

Last edited:
Let's hope he's gonna sing new songs! :D It makes sense if there's a new album after that.

It's a possibility that the new album could be released around June/July time just before these 02 concerts start

click on the link, the video that pops up, watch it til about the halfway mark or a little before, and Randy Phillips talks about him doing all the hits plus new songs.

This news here made me feel better after the semi-short press conference, however spectacular it was!

i had to click on "entertainment", but thanks anyway... great news. new songs means new album i think.

I cant take this :|

I am so happy at this moment in my life. Everything is going great for me. I have a great life anyway but at this time in my life things couldnt get much better.

The only thing that will make me feel better are the words 'We have confirmed your ticket purchase' on the screen in front of me. haha

Jackson will Perform "Spectacular New Songs" in Concert!
The news keeps getting better for Michael Jackson fans. Randy Phillips of AEG Live announced to CNN, on video, that "Michael Jackson's going to do all the hits--the way people want to see it, with some fabulous new productions that we're in the process of designing." Even more importantly, Phillips confirmed that "there will be a couple of new songs and some new music, which I've heard, and it's spectacular. There's a reason he's the King of Pop!"

In related news, a spokesperson for AEG Live confirmed that the official concert site, MichaelJacksonLive.com, has been receiving an astonishing 16,000 hits per second which has made it difficult to keep the site functioning. Presale tickets are expected to be officially up for grabs starting March 13th. Some third party ticket venues have already began selling "guaranteed" tickets for when they become available, but MJJR.net encourages fans to proceed with extreme caution if ordering tickets from any third party venue especially when the official sales date hasn't commenced.

Forum Discussion: http://mjjr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=511&t=963

Source: MJJR.net / CNN / Telegraph

Thats brilliant man, he really knows what the fans want.

This also shows that he's not done. As im sure these songs will be released as singles or perhaps an album.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/05/shubert.michael.jackson.cnn?iref=videosearch

Michael Jackson is going to play some new songs at the o2, confirmed by Randy Phillips, head of AEG live and official promoter of the 10 live dates. Folks, I think this means new material is very, very close!

Right from the promoter's (Randy Phillips) mouth!!!!

"He's gonna do all the hits, with fabulous new production...that we're in the process of designing. There will be a couple of new songs, new music, which i've heard. And its spectacular! There's a reason why he's the king of pop!"

Thanks for this davisbow1e, I don't think many fans have seen this yet. Wish they could though, maybe that would cheer them up a bit and they would feel more hopeful instead of down or worried.

I knew it!!! This is great news, it will be very exciting to hear the new songs.

Thanks for this davisbow1e, I don't think many fans have seen this yet. Wish they could though, maybe that would cheer them up a bit and they would feel more hopeful instead of down or worried.

Completely agree with you. *sigh*

WHERE was this Randy Phillips guy yesterday? lol :doh: Even if they're just working on ideas and lots of things are still in the planning stages, it would have been great to hear someone say just that and show the enthusiasm this guy is showing. That press conference needs a do-over. :lol: Maybe someone can get him on a bunch on talk shows or something to spread the word. I understand if some things are surprises and they can't give too many details. That's perfectly fine. This article alone has me 20 times more interested than I was yesterday....even if there was no mention of new music here, it would have been nice to hear about the awesome band they're putting together and the possibility of surprise guests...everything that was in the press handout should have been verbalized for ppl who aren't part of the press to actually hear, imho. Someone needs to SELL IT! And as big a fan as I am, I felt it was extremely undersold...for whatever valid or unavoidable reason. At the same time I hope Randy doesn't oversell it with promises they can't keep so ppl don't pitch a itch. :fear:

Last edited:
OMFG....

this is awesome!! I have got to go to london!...

and yes I hop that Randy guy isn't hyping up and promising something in the heat of the moment that Mike hasnt' even agreed too. :mello:

i think he should take to opportunity with the concert and sell some new albums too!so i just wait for the new songs!

Now I am wayyyyy more excited! This is going to be amazing. I cannot wait! I just hope that I can get tickets and get everything organized to get there with time to spare.

*screaming!* I KNEW HE WOULD DO NEW SONGS!!!!

IM SO EXCITED I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

MAYBE SOON AFTER WE CAN EXPECT A NEW ALBUM....DONT MEAN TO JUMP THE GUN IM JUST SO EXCITED...I LOVE MJ!!! YAY!!!

I reckon Michael will release 1 or 2 singles with videos around May/June, a few photoshots and magazine interviews. He will want to keep anything to do with the concerts (stageing, Costumes, dancers, band members, setlists) under wraps so I doubt there will be any specials on the concerts.

He needs to keep the ball rolling but so much people begin to get bored of him before the big stuff happens.

Michael will begin rehearsals soon too i'm sure.

Man, the concert by itself was fantastic, but now new songs as well? And possibly a new album around the same time?

This makes me so happy. :)

Maybe one of the guest performers will be Will.i.am who has been helping Jackson with some songs on the new album?

Back