Need ideas to raise money so i can buy tickets!

beccalovesmj

Proud Member
Hey guys! I'm new here but hi!
This is a great place - anyway back to the point of the thread!

I don't have much money considering I am 13 and if I want to go to the concert (which i desperatly do) I need to earn the money myself!
So far I haven't earnt any money but I have got £26.55 in my purse YAY!
But I need help thinking of ideas to get the money because I don't really do any jobs - so any suggestions welcome. I really really really am in love with Michael Jackson - he is the only music I listen to. I think hes so gorgeous and everyone thinks I'm crazy but oooh well! LOL

So thanks in advance :D

Oh also does anyone know of a webste that sells the tickets at a decent price?
I will need 2 tickets one for me and one for my mum who will have to drive me there.

:)

Do you like animals? If so are there any dogs down the road that you could walk and charge for?

You should but on you sig the update of your savings everyday - every penny adds up.
I think you should aim for about £400 by say 1st July ? thats a good target to get some good seats.

13 weeks to save so aim for around - £32 a week ?

I remember my 13th. it was SO hard to get money somewhere, especially if parents don't understand your hobbies. Maybe you can sell something? :D maybe you have some kind relatives who agree to give you money :) when is your birthday?:) in my country it's imposiible to earn money in this age, so I can'd advice you :(

I have put the money so far in my sig - I will ask around if anyone needs there dog walking. Also I am not going to text anyone on my phone and use my £10 a month credit as MJ savings instead of on my phone.

ur mums making u buy her ticket too? harsh!

maybe u shud offer to babysit or something and tell ppl why ur doing it, theyll feel sorry for u and pay a bit extra ;)

Dont worry hun, you will get your tickets!!

great idea about the mobile !! I think o2 / and orange websites allocate you around 30 x free texts a month when sent from there website so you can stil text and save!

Obviously keep your eye out on the floor for pennies!!

Dads / Brothers / Grandads are great for money once they have been sitting on the sofa for hours!! ;) (all there small change falls down the back)

Ask your family if you can clean there cars for say £5 and also keep any spare change you find down the back of the seats etc! ------ impressed myself with this idea lol :p

I don't think whey will be sold out in June. Don't forget about Jan-Feb, they definetely won't be sold out, and for September too... so you ask your parents and others just to give your money on your birthday, not presents:) and of course try to do any job, you could

I don't think whey will be sold out in June. Don't forget about Jan-Feb, they definetely won't be sold out, and for September too... so you ask your parents and others just to give your money on your birthday, not presents:) and of course try to do any job, you could

Not all parents just give there kids money on there birthday though?!? or can afford it more to the point. I think its great shes asking for tips on how to EARN it. Not just be given it.

ur mums making u buy her ticket too? harsh!

maybe u shud offer to babysit or something and tell ppl why ur doing it, theyll feel sorry for u and pay a bit extra ;)

No I offered - she doesn't really want to come so she wouldn't pay for herself but I NEED her to come to drive me so i have to pay for hers too. I don't care I just really want to go and see him live. I love him so much!
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys - I'll be on the look out for jobs!

Not all parents just give there kids money on there birthday though?!? or can afford it more to the point. I think its great shes asking for tips on how to EARN it. Not just be given it.

Of course, I agree it's great that she is going to earn them, and I respect this! But as I've already said in place where I live it would be impossible to earn them in this age. Not because you are lazy, or smth. It is just not safe. You can do some jobs ONLY if you are 16.
If it's really real to work in 13 in UK, and she can do that, I would be happy for her.
And also I don't see anything bad in giving money for birthday.. not much of course.

ur mom can come with u at the 02 and not go to the concert. 02 is a huge place and theres many things u can do there. she can go to the movies or sit and wait for u at the coffee shop. she doesnt have to get inside with u.

omg that is soo cute =(
i remember when i was 13. that was the hardest time, because i loved him soo much and i was crying all day because i wanst close to him *sigh*
if i.d have a ticket, i.d give it to you!! =( but i only have one.
but the ideas here are very good, ask ur parents for some work at home, or go with animals. maybe u can do the shopping for elderly people or make their garden or sth lol
i feel so sorry =( ask some relations,like someone said, that always works =P and always say the reason why u need the money

are you any good at arts and crafts? Maybe you could design something michael themed like keyring or badge etc and sell to fan son here? id definatly buy something to help you out :-D

Well i was gonna suggest washing neighbours cars...but I was beat to it..

How about offering to help on of your relatives do a bootsale (everyone has stored stuff they don't want anymore) in return for a cut! :p and you could sell off some of your stuff while your at it, any old cds you don't want for £1 a time soon adds up! Thats what i used to do for money!

Where abouts in the uk are you?

Also can you not find a relative or family friend who does want to go to go with you? That way you will only have to save for your ticket...

WOW What a lot of awesome suggestions! I am just going to read through them all again and reply to you all :)

Oh and btw you know when your small and you get money for birthdays and Christmas and your parents hide it because they know you will only spend it on sweets and useless junk? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll MUM 'FOUND' OVER £30 WORTH FOR ME :D So I now have £70.55 all together - still not enough but OMG I was practically screaming with joy!

ur mom can come with u at the 02 and not go to the concert. 02 is a huge place and theres many things u can do there. she can go to the movies or sit and wait for u at the coffee shop. she doesnt have to get inside with u.

I don't think she'd let me do that :( She wouldn't want me to be alone :(

omg that is soo cute =(
i remember when i was 13. that was the hardest time, because i loved him soo much and i was crying all day because i wanst close to him *sigh*
if i.d have a ticket, i.d give it to you!! =( but i only have one.
but the ideas here are very good, ask ur parents for some work at home, or go with animals. maybe u can do the shopping for elderly people or make their garden or sth lol
i feel so sorry =( ask some relations,like someone said, that always works =P and always say the reason why u need the money

I was crying last night because every video of him I clicked to watch on youtube said 'Not availiable in your country' I was so upset :(
I do really love him!!!!!!!!

And awwh thanks - yeah your right everyone has great ideas and is really friendly! Also Easter is coming up and my nan usually gives us a fiver and a little chocolate egg now I'm getting older - YAY!

are you any good at arts and crafts? Maybe you could design something michael themed like keyring or badge etc and sell to fan son here? id definatly buy something to help you out :-D

Ooh good idea! I'm not really good at art but I guess I'm kind of decent hehe! My little sister happens to have Super Badge It - maybe she will let me use it! Fingers crossed!

Well i was gonna suggest washing neighbours cars...but I was beat to it..

How about offering to help on of your relatives do a bootsale (everyone has stored stuff they don't want anymore) in return for a cut! :p and you could sell off some of your stuff while your at it, any old cds you don't want for £1 a time soon adds up! Thats what i used to do for money!

Where abouts in the uk are you?

Also can you not find a relative or family friend who does want to go to go with you? That way you will only have to save for your ticket...

Thats a good idea about the CD's because I have most of the songs I like on my ipod! And my other relatives that are old enough to go with me think he's wierd :( Well if I do get to go they will defo miss out!! :)

Aaaaw, GOOD LUCK, and keep us updated :flowers:

I went to a Michael Jackson demo in London when I was 15, I was SO desperate to go, I cried and cried, and in the end wrote a deep, heartfelt letter to my parents.. and in the end, they got my brother to take me and a friend!! Do you have any older brothers/cousins/uncles who might be able to take you but are not bothered about seeing the concert?

I feel sorry for you, can't believe you have to buy your mom's ticket too.. You will have to work hard for it..!

Perhaps show your mom this thread?? :flowers:

Thanks - theres no point whining at mum because we don't have much money at the moment which is why i have to pay for hers too.

Oh and btw what is the website that sells the decent priced tickets? So I can watch them and see how much I'm aiming for - thanks :)

hey when did you creep up to £70!!!

Ill have my s.a.e ready to send to you for my badge :)

just re-read the thread...........

have you searched the sofa yet!!

s.a.e??? Whats that lol - I got the extra from past birthdays and christmas when I was about 5 lol mum found it for me :)

I'm on the sofa now sticking my hands down the seats lol - everyone is looking at me crazily

Stamped Addressed Envelope :flowers:

Becca, keep watching Ticketmaster for FACE VALUE tickets, if it doesn't matter what day/date you go on. I just posted in the "More Tickets on Ticketmaster Now" thread that I had seen x2+ tickets for Sunday 27th September, great seats as well, Block 111. Don't give up for getting ones at face value!

Back