Need ideas to raise money so i can buy tickets!

Good news bout your mum finding money! Your almost halfway there if you can get them at face value! :)

Shame you don't have someone to go with you who would be willing to pay for a ticket!

I completely understand how you feel, Im 22, so when michael last toured i was around your age, and my mum wouldn't let me go cos she was scared I would get crushed, and cos it was so expensive (apparently). But keep the faith and with all the lovely people here im sure you will get there!

Plus I would be happy to buy a badge or two off you...I was actually thinking of buying some from amazon this morning lol

Also youtube...i know its so annoying and unfair we can't watch music vids on there anymore, suck :(

I just told my mum about the badge thing and she said its copyright because the pictures are Michael's and he would want people to buy his actual merchendise :S I don't want to be naughty lol! So that one is out the window. :(

I've asked mum to get a few things going on ebay - she says its hard to put stuff on though. Me and lawn mowers don't mix unfortunatly - anything like that 10 mins after I use it -it always blows up. Same with vacuum cleaners (oops) I will ask around about babysitting if anyone has any children lol!!

I can't believe I only need £100 - tho the chances of me going are still very low :( *cries*

I just told my mum about the badge thing and she said its copyright because the pictures are Michael's and he would want people to buy his actual merchendise :S I don't want to be naughty lol! So that one is out the window. :(

Don't have to be photos, maybe design something yourself. Im sure some people can suggest some ideas..maybe I love MJ badges, or you could talk to the mods bout making some mjjc ones for the merch!

Don't have to be photos, maybe design something yourself. Im sure some people can suggest some ideas..maybe I love MJ badges, or you could talk to the mods bout making some mjjc ones for the merch!

Anyone got any ideas about what I could do?
And my sister doesn't have Super Badge it - she has super BAG it I thought it was badge lol!

No there like tiny :(

But you have just given me an idea - if I can buy some cheap fabric or get some off my nan or something I could make a bag and sew MJJ on the front of KING OF POP or something!!!

Try asking your parents for a loan and say you will pay it off when you are 25!
Thats should be fair enough..lol..
Chances are they would not remember it by then! lol..

No there like tiny :(

But you have just given me an idea - if I can buy some cheap fabric or get some off my nan or something I could make a bag and sew MJJ on the front of KING OF POP or something!!!

Tiny bags? Howd you mean?

An easy bag would be one with an mj sillouette on it...however thinking bout it this might not be the best idea, cos it means your still gonna have to have money to make the bags in the first place.

I still think bootsale first and see where that gets ya! :)

The thing with my mother is you ask her to do something. She says okay but you have to keep asking her and asking her and asking her then she gets annoyed. I'll ask if we can have a boot sale she'll go yeh then I'll be like when shall we have it and she'll say dunno and it will never be organized. You can see what situation I'm in. :(

The thing with my mother is you ask her to do something. She says okay but you have to keep asking her and asking her and asking her then she gets annoyed. I'll ask if we can have a boot sale she'll go yeh then I'll be like when shall we have it and she'll say dunno and it will never be organized. You can see what situation I'm in. :(

Do a yard sale! I know we don't do it that often in this country but i did one when i was younger. Gather up all your stuff u wanna sell, old toys and stuff. Put posters up in your neighbourhood to when it is, and then put a table out in your front garden. Don't need ya mums help then! :)

Worth a try - not sure anyone would come though because my village is tiny. But it is the Easter holidays. I'll ask mum if we can do it next week sometime.

Hey fair play to you dude/dudette! I'm not sure if oyu are a boy or a girl. Here is a few ideas for you anyway.

Call around to all your neighbours and tell them your story. Ask them if they would like their:

cars washed
lawns mowed
windows cleaned
light housework done
gardens swept
basically any bob-a-job that they need done you will gladly do it for a small fee so you can get your mj ticket.

Call all your family too, aunties, uncles, grandparents, older cousins, friends of the family too. Make sure you tell them your story and I'm sure they will help you in any way that you can.

How about sell your stuff via Ebay. I can help you set it all up if you want although it can be hard and you are charged fees etc even if the item doesnt sell.

If you have any books that you dont want anymore, bring them to a second hand book store, most second hand book stores give you cash for them.

When I was young I used to collect scrap metal and we would get a couple of quid for getting some scrap metal. Ring the local scrap metal yard and ask them what will they accept and not accept and how much do they give per kg.

Why not try a paper round/leaflet delivering? I used to do this when I was your age or even younger and I used to earn about £20 per week which was huge to me back then.

If I think of anything else I'll stick it up. You'll get there, there is plenty of time yet.

Whatever you are selling I will definitely buy one so stick it up here and good things come to those who wait so sit tight. Seriously, good on ya though. You sound pretty determined. :)

i remember when i was 13...so long ago lol
but anyways..wash cars...babysit...tutor..do ur siblings chores...

sell and old prom dress...times are hard, ppl don't have the $ to spend hundreds on prom dresses or prom tuxs.... lol@Shaun talking about when he was 13yrs old "so long ago" boy that was just last year..shut up..Now me on the other hand.. well that was many moons ago..lol..
Um sell Krispy Kreme doughnuts (if you live in the states), wash some cars, mow the lawns (gotta do it at a cheap rate though), walk dogs and offer to pick up their poop..

Becca i hope u will be able to find money to buy tickets for mj concert
I really hope u will be able to see him.

sell and old prom dress...times are hard, ppl don't have the $ to spend hundreds on prom dresses or prom tuxs.... lol@Shaun talking about when he was 13yrs old "so long ago" boy that was just last year..shut up..Now me on the other hand.. well that was many moons ago..lol..
Um sell Krispy Kreme doughnuts (if you live in the states), wash some cars, mow the lawns (gotta do it at a cheap rate though), walk dogs and offer to pick up their poop..

lol more like 6yrs..time flys =[ and lol it was not no moons ago 4 u

Mmm, when I was little I sometimes made and sold chocolates - people are suckers for chocolate! And especially now that it's Easter it could be a good idea to try it? Either way, good luck with your projects!

Wow Thanks guys - great suggestions!

I did what someone suggested yesterday I wrote a heartfelt letter to my mother and a little money plan - and I can actually do it using my pocket money (£10) and my birthday money (in June) Mum even said its not the money thats going to be a problem now its getting the tickets.
So I am on the look out desperatly for tickets :)

Awwwwh, this is seriously melting my heart, I'm keeping my thumbs up for you hun! :)

In Finland we have this bottle-recycling system, where you get some money for each empty bottle/can that you return for recycling. Do you have that in the UK?

Wow Thanks guys - great suggestions!

I did what someone suggested yesterday I wrote a heartfelt letter to my mother and a little money plan - and I can actually do it using my pocket money (£10) and my birthday money (in June) Mum even said its not the money thats going to be a problem now its getting the tickets.
So I am on the look out desperatly for tickets :)

Good news! Now you just need to get some tickets! You should check the ticket threads. I saw someone offering some tickets for basically face value:)

Yeah its hard work on ticket master considering how slow my laptop is and having to type in those wierd 'Captcha' letters.

Which ticket thread was that?

I was just looking on ticket master and there is this little box in the top corner that says in it 'Remaining tickets are open to American express cards only' what does that mean? Does that mean I can't have tickets?

*cries*

I was just looking on ticket master and there is this little box in the top corner that says in it 'Remaining tickets are open to American express cards only' what does that mean? Does that mean I can't have tickets?

*cries*

I already answered this on another thread, but here it comes again: regardless to that message, you should be able to purchase tickets with other cards also. At least I've heard that some other ppl have been able to do it. Don't worry! :)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

lol more like 6yrs..time flys =[ and lol it was not no moons ago 4 u
um try almost 2 decades ago..18yrs to be exact..lol..

Sweetie, if I had an extra ticket for you I would so give it to you.. I remember being a teenager and hearing about MJ touring in Europe. I BEGGED my parents to let me got to Romania (yeah rt) to see him and I don't know who said NO quicker my mom or dad.. I told them I would raise my own money but um that didn't go so well.. The GAP kept calling me to spend money in their store..

There has got to be some low priced seats left, well at least someone willing to sell you a tix for face value.. If you are good at writing papers or are really smart at certain subjects, offer to tutor someone at school or hell even college kids will pay ppl to write papers for them. Now that is a $$ maker.. My friend did that when she was young in order to help get a down payment on a lil used car she wanted.

Back