Rolling Stone Magazine - Who Has It?

Daniel.San

Proud Member
I got mine a few minutes ago... It has reviews of all his albums and some great photos that I haven't seen before.

Theres also a huge fold out poster in the middle.

I'm planning on picking up another copy since all my brand new MJ memorabilia is now in a box (unopened copies of albums/books/mags) for my kids to experience.

MJCover.jpg

Australian Version

40532238.JPG

American Version

Is this available in the uk ?

Ive got 5 tribute magazines so far and need them all

I'm not sure exactly... The back cover on the Australian one has an image of Michael in front of an Australian flag, which was taken from the HIStory tour when he came here in 1996 (or 97, I cant remember), with the quote about being born into the world loved, and dying loved and whatever happens in between can be taken care of. I'm not sure if the actual stuff inside is the same.

Thanks Daniel. :) The fact that they included that quote by Michael is good enough for me. Getting it today.

If you're in Australia, try Borders first. ASK them at the front counter because it seems as though they're keeping them for a day or two out the back and then getting large quantities of his stuff in. For example, with TIME magazine, I visited 3 Borders stores before I asked the question on the day it was supposed to come out and when I finally did the gentleman said that when they got the full shipment of 100+ copies in they were going to make a display and have all the copies there.

I went into 4 news agencies today before I found 1 copy of MJ's Rolling Stone... This was all before 11am today as well.

It's not out yet in the U.S.. You can pre-order it, but it's supposed to be out on July 10th.

Thanks for the tip. I phoned my local newsagent around 8 this morning. We're a pretty quiet suburb so I hope there are some Rolling Stone mags left.
Did you see any People mags at Borders or anywhere?

I found People at Walmart. I have 6 tribute magazines and also both covers of the TV Guide. I need Rolling Stone now.

I didn't even think to look for People magazine at Borders... I guess thats now my mission.

If you go and you find it, can you let me know?

butterflies - if only we had Walmart in Australia. ;)

Daniel - No problem. Will let you know if I find it.

I am subscribed to Rolling Stone, so I will probably get it soon. But man, you guys would be severely disappointed at the last mag they came out with. The one with the Jonas Bro's on it. They had a small, minute article on Michael's tour in the Rock on Tour section and, let me tell you, it wasn't worth any of our time. They were stating all the same BS that everyone was tellin during the time. RS has really taken a turn for the worst in the last few years, and I am not one to forgive so easily when just a tribute magazine is issued for the greatest pop icon in the entire globe.

Thats really cool. I just got the Adam Lambert Rolling Stone a couple weeks ago when he was on the cover. Hes such a huge MJ fan too. I will be sure to pick this one up. I havent got any magazines yet. I've been kind of stuck at work to go anywhere, I may turn to ebay.

OK, just got me a TIME and Rolling Stone.
I looked for People but all they had were various People mags. Haven't seen the new MJ one.
I like how the Rolling Stone one includes posters...but seeing as they're the two previous covers of the mag featuring MJ, it's more self-promotion than anything.

my sister had a kind friend and gifted her the australian version. we've got the two proud posters now, and i'm like worshiping the magazine. haven't begun to read the stuff yet though.

but it's just so unreal really... you know when i saw the beautiful cover, i thought, man wouldn't it be great if michael could sign this... and then... it hits you that it never can be signed... :(

OK, just got me a TIME and Rolling Stone.
I looked for People but all they had were various People mags. Haven't seen the new MJ one.
I like how the Rolling Stone one includes posters...but seeing as they're the two previous covers of the mag featuring MJ, it's more self-promotion than anything.

oh oh oh how's the TIME mag? i've been trying to find it... where did you buy it?

there's so many magazines with MJ on the front cover. most of them with ridiculous headlines "The truth about michael jackson: the drugs, anorexia and more" really just tabloid trash.

I haven't read any of the magazines yet, to be honest. :p
But as others have also mentioned, Time has some really disrespectful pictures of Michael - taking up full pages as well. Apart from the disgusting J**** section (which blatantly disses the whole 1990-2009 period), the mag has nice pictures. It's $7. A bit smaller than the Rolling Stone mag.

I prefer our cover of the RS mag to the US one. :)

Those pics look amazing. Im in two minds over tribute magazines. I kinda dont want to be reminded that MJ is gone but then again Im trying to get into the mindset of celebrating his life, it just feels a bit too soon for me to do that.

Besides, I dont want to be buying something that ends up disrespecting him in the write up.

Wooaah, the Australian RS cover is beautiful! Both covers are great tho'.

How about international version? in Asia ..I want them
I should take a bath and go out now. tksss

I'm not sure exactly... The back cover on the Australian one has an image of Michael in front of an Australian flag, which was taken from the HIStory tour when he came here in 1996 (or 97, I cant remember), with the quote about being born into the world loved, and dying loved and whatever happens in between can be taken care of. I'm not sure if the actual stuff inside is the same.
the quote is: If you enter this world knowing that you are loved and if you leave this world knowing the same then everything happen in between can be dealt with.

Back