What's your story the day Michael died?

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
Okay,let me share my story:

I was at my sister's boyfriend's house because she was helping him move into his new house,when I heard that Michael was in the hospital.I was in total shock.It was like a total shock to me.Then,she said "Yeah,he's dead."I bawled my eyes out for a good 3 hours.

I am coping well and I hope you will share your story about when you heard the news of the King's death.

Well Thursday night I was watching the news then they said " Breaking news , Michael Jackson has collapsed in his home" I told my Mum and I said I hope its nothing serious and that he's ok. When I woke up the next day the first thing my Mum said was "Michael's dead" I know this is gonna sund weird but I thought she was joking, I asked her three times, I was like Serious? and my mum was like yes. I cried while eating my breakfast but I couldn't cry properly because I had work experience to go to. I was doing it in a solicitors office, so all day I couldn't cry, if I felt like I was gonna break down I pretended to go to the toilet. Once I got home I burst out crying, then all night and all day saturday I couldn;t stop crying, I didn;t speak to anyone. Everytime I saw him on Tv or being mention I just cried more. I was heartbroken, and I still am, btu I find now that my grief is slowly turning into anger.

Hi

Well I was in bed recovering from an operation when my husband came in with a cup of tea and said I have bad news, Michael Jackson is dead.........................I went numb, have remained that was since.............still dont think I really have taken it in.

Sue H

i was on my own and i was on twitter and i saw a trending topic because i dont pay much attention to the media so i dont watch the news much. I turnt to a new channel and they said michael was ruhed to hospital then they said he was in a coma then they said he had died and i really didnt want it to be true so i turnt to CNN they hadn confirmed it yet and i thought when CNN confirm it then it would have to be true.

I was in shock my whole body went numb i had a instant feeling like i wanted to throw up. I dont really remember what else happened because it seemed like i was dreaming i didnt sleep for days i didnt eat either. I will never forget that day aslong as i live i remember about 3am i turnt over to the music channels and all of the MTV channels were playing MJ videos on repeat just like they did for his birthday. Still now it seems like a dream

I was asleep and mum came rushing into my room and told me.
I didn't believe her, until i switched on the Tv. A pure feeling of Numbness and disbelief came over me. I cannot even begin to describe the feeling of pain i felt a week later when it began to truly sink in.

PS: I kind of never want to see another MJ clip again. Seeing it, i fear, will bring back all those same feelings of pain that borders on evil. But im going to make an exception with the rage special airing on 1st of aug, i can't miss that!

I was at home and It was time for sleep but every time before I go to sleep I check up the MJ forums if there is a new pic or some good news.......and when I opened the bulgarian MJ forum I entered in the "News" section and saw a pic with ambulance and the fans wrote that MJ is collapsed in his home .... I shuddered all over...and after around 3 min the fans said that TMZ has written that he is dead......every fan from there was writing "PLEASE REFUTE OMG OMG OMG" ...... 5/6 fans gathered together in "Skype" and we were talking in conference....we were watching CNN online and there was written -LA times has confirmed that MJ is dead something like that but one of the fans said that CNN has not confirmed yet so there is a little hope and after a while CNN confirmed that MJ is dead and the fans in the conversation started to cry....I was in shock and didn't know how to react...the time in my country was around 2am the date was 26th but we didin't sleep all night.....didn't eat and like every fan on that day.
I will always remember that terrible day.........

Last edited:
I was at home and It was time for sleep but every time before I go to sleep I check up the MJ forums if there is a new pic or some good news.......and when I opened the bulgarian MJ forum I entered in the "News" section and saw a pic with ambulance and the fans wrote that MJ is collapsed in his home .... I shuddered all over...and after around 3 min the fans said that TMZ has written that he is dead......every fan from there was writing "PLEASE REFUTE OMG OMG OMG" ...... 5/6 fans gathered together in "Skype" and we were talking in conference....we were watching CNN online and there was written -LA times has confirmed that MJ is dead something like but one of the fans said that CNN has not confirmed yet so there is a little hope and after a while CNN confirmed that MJ is dead and the fans in the conversation started to cry....I was in shock and didn't know how to react...the time in my country was around 2am the date was 26th but we didin't sleep all night.....didn't eat and like every fan on that day.
I will always remember that terrible day.........

Omg.
I wanted to hear some experiences from MJ forum members on that tragic day, it sounds absolutely unreal. Im sorry you had to go through with that in that way.
Must've been frenzied as hell.
:(

If anyone else found out the news or was on an MJ forum on 25th of June, can they please recall their stories here? Im so interested in knowing about it! thanks

I came home from a funeral, checked my email and there was a message from a friend saying that Mike had passed. I didn't believe it at first, but when i turned the TV on... :cry:

I was sitting in my mother's room, it was 3:20 pm (I live in Redding CA) I was watching Headline News,They were talking about H.D. & all of a sudden, It said:

KLA: Michael Jackson Hosptailzed
I started to cry because I was really worried for Michael..:sad:
Then they had a doctor on talking about what has to be done for a person who has suffered a heart attack. Then there were Sources who said that they were familar with Michael's conditon, It said:

Sources: Pop Icon Michael Jackson in a coma

Then they brought the doctor back on, they told the doctor that Michael was not breathing when the medics arrived, the doctor said that time was very important..he said that the medics needed to make sure Michael was getting CPR done correctly in order to save his life...I'll Never forget the headline that came after:

LA Times: Michael Jackson Is Dead

I cried even harder when it was confirmed, my lil brother was like why are you crying, it's not that big of a deal. He didn't get it, he thought it was funny. My brother Jonathan was all, "Why are you crying?" I couldn't talk, Cause I was still crying & wouldn't stop. Jonathan then looked up at the tv screen & saw the headline: "Michael Jackson dead at 50". Jon then said, "Holy Sh*T!" I called my mother to tell her that Michael died, she was like "uh oh" She didn't get it until she saw me crying, that's when it hit her. I will never forget 6/25/09 for as long as I live, part of me died that day..

Last edited:
I was watching Big Brother. My Dad phoned and asked if I had the T.V. on. He said not to be worried but there are reports that Michael had been rushed to hospital. From then on I was rushing between the internet (which was going slow as hell, as we all know) and BBC News 24 channel (very respectable source) it just got worse and worse. As soon as the headline changed to announce his passing, I didnt know what to think. I phoned my dad who consoled me and I broke down on the phone. I said goodbye and started crying in front of the TV. I am 15 and have been a fan for about 8 years. I had a This is It ticket (1st of Feb 2010). I was distraught. It was the first time I have cried over something like this, and strangely im glad it was over MJ.

Well, it had been a couple days after I got into a media course. For the past few years I've been thinking of Idea's of videos I would want him to be involved in, in the future... I mean this man is my inspiration the reason I decided ever to do video or want to do music.

My heart just sank and I just fell on my knees and realised, he was a human a person just like me and there is no way to stop this happening. Obviously my ideas I will still do of course but dedicating it to Michael to the legend I wish I could have worked with. But it's not goodbye it's farewell for now, because I will defiantly see him in heaven.

He is, was and will always be a beautiful human being, he made me realised so much and I thank him for that. Farewell to a legend never goodbye!!!

Well, I was sitting my living with my dad, who was fixing my laptop, my brother and cousin. We were watching Everybody Loves Raymond and I think it was on the CW? This was somewhere around 5:30/6. I barely remember anything before actually hearing the news about Michael. Then something at the bottom of the screen came on and said, "BREAKING NEWS. Michael Jackson rushed to hospital." The underneath it said something about him being unconcious.

My heart completely dropped when that came at the bottom of the screen and it scared me. I rushed to my regular computer and on yahoo there was a news report about him going to the hospital and then I got on twitter (which was running painfully slow, like a lot of other websites) and everybody was saying, "RIP Michael Jackson." And I swear to God my heart stopped beating for two long seconds. The first thing I said was, "Michael Jackson died!" And my dad, who isn't really that into him, was like, "No way, don't shit me." He turned on CNN and they still had the report of him being in a coma, which I strongly kept trying to convince myself that was true. But reports from TMZ were confirming him dead, so nobody really knew what to believe. CNN had that he had died on the screen though, but still reportng the coma. So I just kept believing the coma story.

My dad and brother were like, "Michael Jackson is dead..." and I was like, "No..they're not sure yet. He's in a coma." I kept trying to convince myself but I knew in my heart he was dead.

Then we got like 6 phones calls after that, one being from my mom at work, about the news. I was shaking then after CNN confirmed his death it started thundering and lightening outside. Really weird.

Then the rest of night my dad walked around the house saying, "he he he." I was in complete denial over it, it was all too surreal. Then the whole rest of the night I stayed up until 9 in the morning watching the news reports, watching youtube videos, and reading stuff online. It was really quiet in my house afterward and my neighbor came over to watch the news with us too.

I was getting ready, putting make up and stuff on to go and hang out with some friends. I was really excited because I hadn't seen them in awhile. I walked into the living room for something and the local news station was on and the woman said "We are getting reports in saying that Michael Jackson has been rushed to a hospital, and other reports are saying he has died" and I said "What?? This can't be true.." because it wasn't confirmed yet. My mom tried to reassure me saying "It's probably just another rumor" which made me feel a little better. Not even five minutes later, the national news broke in and said that it's been confirmed that Michael died. Instantly my eyes filled with tears and I started bawling. I felt a deep emptiness that I can't even describe. My heart felt heavy with sadness. I was in shock and couldn't believe it, but I still cried my eyes out. I didn't even feel like seeing anybody at all that day after the news. I'll never forget it. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept waking up every couple of hours that night to turn on the TV to make sure I wasn't just having a nightmare. The first thing I did in the following few mornings was turn on the TV to see I wasn't just imagining it. I can honestly say it was one of the worst days of my life. Even to this day, it is hard to believe and I can't wrap my head around it. It is so hard to believe that my childhood hero is no longer here. :(

Last edited:
I was at work when I heard the news, we keep a TV on in our clubhouse ( I work in an apt complex) i was bringing some clients through and glanced at the tv.. we keep it on CNN usually and it was flashing across the screen.. all of us where stunned and coulnd't even talk. I barely made it through the rest of the day... I have been in a state of saddness and confussion ever since, I have been a fan for almost 30 years and just can't believe he is gone =( I started coming to the communities to be able to talk with all his other fans and it has helped cause alot of people in my life where upset and sad over the news, but it didn't seem to effect them the way it has hit his fans, and even think Im a tad weird for still being upset. I just hope that one day I can go a day without crying.

I was standing in a store, when i got a text from my bro at 5:53 pm. "Michael Jackson dead". I immediately called him back to scream at him and say that isn't true. And kept repeating it, hoping it would not be true.
Within the hour I was home, watched it on TV just numb. I didn't stop watching or get out of the couch until the next after. Suddenly, it finally hit me and I lost it for the rest of the day. I spent the weekend in Bed, only with two reactions: Denial and Crying.

I don't understand how people can talk about it and how they are so interested in sharing their experience, I guess it's this culture of death that is so popular these days that makes moments like this so important to talk about
for me that's something that I don't like to remember or dwell on, I simply went OUT OF MY MIND that night...that pretty much sums it up

It was already night at my place so I was asleep.
The next morning I went to work didn't see or read any media turned on my laptop at work and wanted to check my mail.
I saw the headlines of msn.com and it was full of pictures of MJ so I thought what's going on???
Then I saw the line MJ died on June the 25th the first thing I said was NO WAY!!!
I started reading an article about it and thought I have to work for 4 hours so I probably better read all about it when I get home, because I didn't want to cry and break down at work at that time I was in shock I guess because I didn't feel anything.
So I went home after work and read all the stuff on the internet and it just turned my world upside down.
I still have trouble believing he's gone :(

It's weird because.. I stayed up all night that day for the first time this year...

And then hearing the news about Michael at around noon, broke my heart into pieces... i stayed up all night again the following day.. I had no sleep for 3 days straight.. it was hell.. :'( it hurted me so much.

Coincidence of me staying up late that night? ugh. i don't know what to think. It was like, it was coming for me... like the news about Michael passing away. :(

I was on the computer when my mum heard on the radio that MJ had a cardiac arrest. I check on the computer but nothing came up. I went downstairs and the news was on and it said "Michael Jackson has been rushed to hospital" Then a few hours later the news announced Michael Jackson has died :( I was like NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This can't be true!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

:rip: MJ

I switched over to SKY News at 10pm to see the headline that MJ had been rushed to hospital. So I phoned my mum and told her to switch over. Hubby and I were glued to the tv.

As hubby wanted to watch another programme, I went upstairs to continue the SKY coverage. I screamed out when they gave the news at 10.45 pm that MJ had passed - I'm sure my neighbours heard me and wondered what was going on.

I raced downstairs and for the next 2/3 hours we were sat in front of the TV and internet. I was on the forum here and many fans were reluctant to believe the news especially as the main source was TMZ. No-one wanted to believe it and prayed that he would make a full recovery. It was only when Jermaine broke the news at the official conference, that the news was finally believed by many fans here.

Friday morning I read about Madonna's comments and cried. Then I spoke to my mum and we were both in tears on the phone.

Saturday I had one of the music channels on and Liberian Girl came on and I started crying all over again.

I didn't actually hear about it till the morning of the 26th. (news didn't hit Britain till that time.)..I woke up early for work and I checked Yahoo news...Still waking up, I saw the headline 'Michael Jackson is dead'...My first thought was '....Say what?'...I honestly thought I was seeing things...so I switched the news on...It was all over...I actually went into shock when I heard...I...I also threw up...I just coulden't believe it...Then my mum woke up, and I ran to her, crying 'Mum!! He's dead! Michael Jackson is dead!!'.

The news shocked my mother too and she hugged me, trying to comfort me. I was crying the whole day. I coulden't even concentrate on my work.

I still cry about it even now...Our poor angel...What did the media do to you Michael?

The night before, that's what i was dreaming:
I was dreaming about lying in my bed and thinking "how sad it is that there is not new music from Michael". The next thing was " well, he is dead, that's why". In my dream i was telling to myself "he's not dead" and i woken up staring at the floor, trying to figure out if that was a dream or not.
The day was really stressful. I met a friend that we have not spoken for months and had to think about the awful dream all the time.
Later that night i was going to bed when a colleague of mine send me a SMS: " turn channel ZDF, Michael Jackson has died".
I was like: WTF, he belives every sh't. Then i immediately came here and saw the thread about Michael in the hospital. Few pages later came the horrible news.
I felt bad about having such dream the night before.
Usually my dreams about Michael were always about how i'm trying to get his new album and can't find it anywere or a rare concert that was showing in tv (this was the best to be dream of :) ).

I don't understand how people can talk about it and how they are so interested in sharing their experience, I guess it's this culture of death that is so popular these days that makes moments like this so important to talk about
for me that's something that I don't like to remember or dwell on, I simply went OUT OF MY MIND that night...that pretty much sums it up
We just share our pain with each other. It was tragical for everyone. It has nothing to do with "it's popular to takl about death of celebrity".

i heard Michael's died when i at school. My mum called me and told me the truth. i can't believe in that time until i watched the news from the computer by mtself. i can't believe it and don't wanna to accept it. it's so unbelievable, horrible and so hard to accept!!!i've never thought michael will died at one day...he seems won't been dead forever~~i cried and shouted, i can't stop and control myself. i want to find michael~~~ And i started be the new members of MJJC club. Here is a great community for us. I've foung support and comforted from here!!! lt had made me felt more better...
Although i felt more comforted from MJJC, but i still lose my role model, and the direction of my life. i became depressed... what can i do??? what wrong of michael??? why the god took him away??? it's too early...too early... the god also took away my hopes. michael not just a performer and also a teacher. And now, he also like the god=] he has taught us something. he never said directly, but he did it by himself or though his songs to sending his message to the world. he likes the heroes to save the world... why??? everything were moving too fast, and i just still standing at the one place, what can i do...what ??? If everything can returned or the god give me one more chance, michael will not be died.

Michael, respect you, love you, miss you forever~~~
RIP Michael

I was up in my room playing my Sims 3 game. Waiting for the 6:30 pm news to come on one of the main channels. Because I had Farrah Fawcett had died that day. And I had wanted to hear what they had to say about her. But when it was time for me to the news on. I saw them showing a part of Michael's Jam performance from the Bucharest Dangerous Concert. And I saw the years 1958-2009 on the screen. I cried out no it can't be not my beloved Michael. So I immediantly came to this site and in to the news section. And it turn out that it was all horribly true. OMG did I spent the rest of the night in my MJ room crying. Even though I was still in shock and disbelief. That the only person I had ever really love in the world would actually die.

Back