AEG being investigated for not giving memorial money to LAPD

From TMZ.com---

We've learned the L.A. City Attorney is investigating AEG for allegedly making promises to people who paid thousands of dollars to attend the Michael Jackson memorial ... but not delivering on its promise to donate the money to the LA Police Foundation.

Sources in the City Attorney's office tell us complaints have been lodged by people who bought suites for the July 7th memorial at the Staples Center. People who paid $5,000 for a suite claim AEG promised the money would be donated to the LA Police Foundation but AEG has not yet delivered a cent.

A rep for AEG told TMZ there were 18 suites that went for $5,000 a pop and AEG did indeed promise the money would be donated to the Police Foundation. The rep said AEG is still doing a final accounting of the event and "We have every intention of making this donation."

AEG says the city is trying to get way too much -- 7 figures -- out of them for the event. But the City Attorney believes AEG is on the hook for expenses including sanitation, transportation, street services and LAPD protection -- and that does indeed go into the 7 figures.

:devil: hehee heeeheee heeheeheheheehehee

i love this article ... I LOVE it !!

go get em LAPD. however, make sure to get all the dirt on them in the process ;)

Wait a minute. Didn't the mayor or some other powerful figure of LA say that the city will cover the memorial expenses?

I know AEG is suspect in some areas but why does LA insist on getting money from somewhere else? This is a public event they agreed to cover!

Let me help AEG with the simple accounting so they can get this issue resolved.......
$5,000 x 18 suites = $90,000 donation to the Police Foundation. See how easy that was.

A promise is a promise............

A donation to a police fund is a joke, especially when you consider how much tax Michael paid in his life.

I dislike AEG but I also have a problem with giving money to a police department that investigated Michael Jackson in '93.

With all due respect, in '93 the police were only doing their job. Only Chandler and Sneddon are to blamed for what happened IMO.

God everything/everyone is being investigated next thing MJJC will come under attack from LAPD saying we were too loyal to MJ or some B.S. Thorey like that

Back