Jackson helped Bulger appeal before death

Pascal09

Proud Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a181186/jackson-helped-bulger-appeal-before-death.html

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter

A group of performers in Merseyside are to release their own version of Michael Jackson's hit song 'Heal The World' to raise money for an appeal set up in memory of murdered toddler James Bulger.

The late singer gave his permission for the project to go ahead before his death on June 25, the Liverpool Daily Post reports.

Bulger was 2 years old when he was abducted and killed by 10-year-old boys Jon Venables and Robert Thompson in 1993. His mother Denise Fergus, from Kirkby, Merseyside has since set up the James Bulger Red Balloon Centre Appeal to raise funds for a learner centre for bullied children who cannot attend mainstream schools.

Fergus commented: "[Michael] was aware of James as he sent a personal message to me with a large basket of flowers. He wrote a couple of lines for James and he named it 'Child of Innocence'.

"We played Michael's song at James's funeral. I've listened to 'Heal The World' over and over again and it gave me such a buzz when we found out we could release it to raise money for the James Bulger House."

She added: "The words in the song are very touching. I feel the world does need healing with children committing crimes. It is very upsetting the way the world is at the moment, bullying is going on everywhere."

The song will be available for download from October 26. Physical copies of the single will also be stocked in selected shops.

I'm currently reading a book about the James Bulger case.

Michael was there for everyone he really was a true angel and unlike most celebs he does it with no fuss and not for the cameras.
The amount of people and children he has helped and supported is unbelievable.He truely is one of a kind and I feel he was constantly thinking of others.
Michael really is a beautiful person inside and out :)

Oh Michael. I'm not at all surprised that he stepped in to help. He loved children, and wanted to help them all.................he helped ALL those that he heard about and came across............and those he didnt personally come across he sang about and raised awareness of.............
We have lost an ambassador of peace and love....... :-(

MJ....the gift that keeps on giving.....bless his soul.

I dont even amaze at this, cause its like i know he would do all these for helping:yes:, i mean that's, that was Michael Jackson, God bless him

Well, I hope this gets the coverage it deserves.
I'll be buying the single.

What a tragic story! It's the worst thing when kids kill kids :(

That is beautiful...

It's moving that Denise Fergus is doing something like that, that no doubt helps so many children (more than many people could understand). And it's great that Michael wnated to be involved. And that he sent her a message and flowers, it's just like what so many other people have described him as doing... :).

Remember that in the Schmuley tapes Michael talks about wanting to go and visit the young criminals?. It's really in the same line as him saying he could have helped Hitler... it's him not believing that anyone is completely bad... Not sure I agree with him though.

I remember that crime... it was just so, so chocking. I was only 8 or 9 at the time, and I was just absolutely shocked that two 10 year olds could have done something so horrific and cruel. I have a very vivid memory of the image of the security camera, with the two kids carrying the little boy by the hand. Just awful. Awful.

How sweet of Michael. I hope it'll eventually become crystal clear to all how much Michael cared for children. I remember this crime too. Heartbreaking.

When Michael just talks about kids suffering he breaks down and wants to cry. I know this case must have torn him inside.

Michael, somehow, for somewhere, is always giving. By following his steps, we can honour his memory.

We can always learn from him.

I remember learning about this case in RE, so shocking.

As for Michael, just when I think he can no longer surprise me, MJ really had a heart for all causes.

Does anyone know how it´s going with this?

How sweet. Michael never stopped giving. Such a beautiful, big heart he has.

Remember that in the Schmuley tapes Michael talks about wanting to go and visit the young criminals?. It's really in the same line as him saying he could have helped Hitler... it's him not believing that anyone is completely bad... Not sure I agree with him though.

I remember this and while it sounds shocking at first I think I understand him. And some people were understanding it as he was showing sympathy to the criminals instead of the victim, but this above story shows exactly that he offered his sympathy to the victim as well.

He had sympathy to the criminals because he knew exactly how a bad childhood can determine your behaviour. So he assumed something must have happened to those kids to do it. I don't know the full story (ie. the family background of the criminals) but I wouldn't be surprised if Michael would be spot on with that assumption.

Beautiful story. I remember when this crime happened. The whole world was in a uproar. Everyone's heart sent out to the 2-year-old and his family. However, Michael's heart reached out to the other boys as well. Juvenile crime has reached astronomical proportions around the globe. We must do something to steer children in the right direction. We cannot continue to let secular society dictate hateful acts, especially amongst or toward children. We must find away to bring back the lost souls of our society. I really wish Michael was still here because he is the only one who could do that. :(

These are the things that people should be talking about Michael. I am sure he has done so many great things that people don't even know about. This is the kind of person he was and how he would never hurt anyone. All he wanted to do was help people.

I wish more people would focus on this side of michael.

To me, its more important that all his record-sales combined.

Back