Michael Jackson's Doc -- Ex-Employee Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginvid

Proud Member
TMZ has learned Dr. Arnold Klein, who treated Michael Jackson for decades, had an office employee who just died ... an employee who had a history of drug abuse, even while working for Dr. Klein.

Bruce Ayers, who worked for three years as Dr. Klein's research assistant and confidant, was found dead on a sidewalk on December 18 in Los Angeles.

Dr. Klein tells TMZ he fired the 44-year-old Ayers in February, after learning Ayers was allegedly stealing drugs and money from Klein's office.

We're told Dr. Klein stored certain drugs at a pharmacy he used to fill prescriptions for patients. When the drugs would expire, there was a protocol for destroying them. But Klein says Ayers would go to the pharmacy and get expired Demerol for his own use -- and the pharmacy gave it to him. Klein says the pharmacy violated protocol.

We're told Dr. Klein knew Ayers was a drug addict when he hired him but at the time Ayers was on the wagon. Klein says it became painfully obvious at the beginning of 2009 that Ayers' drug problem had resurfaced. Several members of Klein's staff told the Dr. they would quit unless he fired Ayers.

And, we're told, after Ayers was fired, Klein's staff realized 100 Percocet pills were missing.

We've learned Ayers, who met Michael Jackson many times while working for Klein, had a history of abusing pain meds.

When Ayers' body was discovered, authorities found hospital records showing that he had been admitted to three different hospitals since August, in each case for pain issues -- and in each case he was discharged with various meds.

The L.A. County Coroner has deferred Ayers' cause of death, pending toxicology tests.

http://www.tmz.com/

I was reading it to fast and I thought it said
Dr. Arnold Klein died.

I was reading it to fast and I thought it said
Dr. Arnold Klein died.

Same here.... I was like... WHAAAATTTT??? Another???
Then I went... Who's this???

but then... why this?

Strange anyway... What is REALLY going on there??? :scratch:

From Kleins research page:

Bruce Ayers is the Director of Academic & Clinical Affairs for Minimally Invasive Aesthetics and the Arnold W. Klein Medical Corp. Bruce has an extensive clinical, medical and research background and directs our academic and clinical research programs in addition to providing management and staff oversight. Bruce, who joined the practice in 2005, travels extensively with Dr. Arnold Klein across the United States and around the World teaching the techniques and principals of minimally invasive aesthetics. Additionally, Bruce Ayers and Dr. Arnold Klein work together in the writing and publication of text book chapters and scientific articles on soft tissue augmentation, minimally invasive aesthetics and botulinum toxins, for peer-reviewed publications such as the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery, Dermatological Surgery, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology among others.

We're told Dr. Klein knew Ayers was a drug addict when he hired him but at the time Ayers was on the wagon.

Besides the fact that I am wondering why TMZ is writing about this in such a detail I am also wondering why a doctor is willing to hire someone he knows is a drug addict. It's like a reformed alcoholic working in a bar. :scratch:

I doubt Klein will be going to his best buds TMZ to spill everything he knew about Michael after this then.

wonder if klien was writing prescriptions out for this guy as hes been investigated for self prescribing

We're told Dr. Klein stored certain drugs at a pharmacy he used to fill prescriptions for patients. When the drugs would expire, there was a protocol for destroying them. But Klein says Ayers would go to the pharmacy and get expired Demerol for his own use -- and the pharmacy gave it to him. Klein says the pharmacy violated protocol.

First of all, why would a pharmacy be STORING certain drugs for a doctor?

I don't know about anybody else, but I have never heard anything like that in my entire life. A pharmacy stores their OWN drugs, which you can only obtain with a prescription.

Does Klein really expect people to believe that this Ayers guy, the "former" drug addict, was just able to walk into this supposed pharmacy and obtain expired Demerol? I don't believe that for a second.

Klein, in a very clumsy way, is trying to get in front of whatever is about to come down, in my opinion.

At first, I thought it was Klein who died. I was like WHAT!!!! And then I reread it slowly and realized my mistake. I don't understand why they are reporting that though. Does it seem relevant?

Sure this is a tragic event but... I "love" it how they are throwing in Michael and prescription drugs abuse. We are supposed to draw certain conclusions. That's the only relevance this story has, in other words none. :smilerolleyes:

sounds like klien is trying to cover his ass again.micky fines pharmacy the one that was raided in connection with klien self prescribing.humm.sounds to me like klien is worried that the dea are gonna come sniffing again and connect this guys death to kliens self prescribing .did the drugs go to this guy?

sounds like klien is trying to cover his ass again.micky fines pharmacy the one that was raided in connection with klien self prescribing.humm.sounds to me like klien is worried that the dea are gonna come sniffing again and connect this guys death to kliens self prescribing .did the drugs go to this guy?

I agree. besides aren't expired drugs, like dangerous? And do drugs like Demorol even have the same effect once expired?

When I first saw this i thought WTF???!!! Klein is dead.... ??!!! Just like most of us here....

Dr Klein is trying to hide again
Wanting to look like a death to be an addict
But he was much more than that
And I think knew many things
Did he know what really happened to Michael?
Will was murdered too?
More burning of a file?

Dr. Klein and his business is under investigations. Probably this guy who died knew something what was going on in Klein's office? I believe myself that Klein is involved in Michael's death. I am not saying anything more I just want to know if this person died from a natural case or not. Or there is another drug overdose again? I hope it is going to be an autopsy.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but TMZ is slightly turning against Klein. Showing how he's not such a great doctor. First, WHY would he KNOWINGLY hire a drug addict? He's careless with his patient and employees.

DEA Raids Mickey Fine Pharmacy
Posted Aug 21st 2009 2:24PM by TMZ Staff

The DEA is at Mickey Fine Pharmacy in Beverly Hills, warrant in hand, raiding the pharmacy that Michael Jackson used for years.

Law enforcement sources tell us they are searching for evidence of "improper dispensing of controlled substances," in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.

The pharmacy was used extensively by Dr. Arnold Klein and other doctors who treated Michael Jackson. Jackson obtained prescriptions for Demerol and many other drugs at Mickey Fine.

Mickey Fine sued Michael Jackson in 2007 for non-payment of a bill of more than $100,000. The case settled.

UPDATE: 4:51 PM PT Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the DEA found irregularities in Mickey Fine's drug dispensing practices when it came to Michael Jackson. Agents are searching records at the pharmacy for the various aliases Jackson used.

They are also looking at the drugs various doctors -- including Dr. Arnold Klein -- prescribed for the singer. And, we're told, one of the "irregularities" agents believe occurred is that the pharmacy may have refilled prescriptions that should not have been refilled and completely bypassed the doctor.

Updated August 27, 2009
Evidence is Piling Up Against Dermatologist to the Stars in Jackson Death
By Jana Winter
- FOXNews

The heat is on for Michael Jackson's longtime friend and dermatologist Arnold Klein who investigators believe facilitated the years-long drug abuse that could have caused the death of the King of Pop.

The heat is on for Michael Jackson's longtime friend and dermatologist Arnold Klein who investigators believe facilitated the years-long drug abuse that could have caused the death of the King of Pop.

According to the warrant and affidavit for last Friday's raid on Mickey Fine Pharmacy in Beverly Hills, Calif. investigators were searching for records of medication Klein allegedly prescribed to himself then gave to Jackson.( no where in the search warrant MJ's name was even mentioned, the investigation had no relation to MJ whatever )

Click here to see warrant (PDF).

The return — a list of items seized during the search — was filed Thursday evening in California federal court and shows that investigators seized, "60 prescriptions, 29 patient profile print-outs, three copies of DEA Forms 222 (Order Forms) and copies of inventories of controlled substances."

Law enforcement sources told FOXNews.com that Friday's search of the Beverly Hills pharmacy yielded records of Klein prescribing controlled substances to himself.

According to the warrant for inspection and the affidavit for administrative inspection warrant, both obtained by FOXNews.com, between January 1, 2008 and July 6, 2009, Klein self-prescribed 27 controlled substances, which he filled at Mickey Fine Pharmacy and which investigators believe he gave to his friends — including Michael Jackson, who died of an apparent drug overdose on June 25.( no where that was mentioned it was their own conclusion)

The 60 prescriptions and 29 patient profiles were all related to the investigation into Jackson's death. The patient profiles belong to Jackson and aliases used by the star, law enforcement sources told FOXNews.com.( see it is their sources, in the search warrant no mention of MJ at all, that's why LAPD were never part of that raid )

Investigators used the Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation System (CURES), a database of all schedule 2 through 4 drugs prescribed by doctors or dispensed by pharmacies or medical facilities in the state of California.

According to the affidavit: "The [CURES] report shows 27 prescriptions written by Dr. Klein in a self-prescribing capacity, specifically prescribing medication to himself, from March 2006 through May 2009. These prescriptions include the medications hydrocodone (Vicodin), modafinil (Provigil), diazepam (Valium), and injectable midazolam (Versed)."

A CURES report for the pharmacy revealed the same self-prescribing information found in Klein's report.

The day after FOXNews.com reported exclusively that Klein was the subject of a criminal investigation likely to culminate in charges related to medical malpractice, Klein's criminal attorney told the DEA that the dermatologist had never self-prescribed.( the ex-employee is now the one to be blamed for those self-prescriptions , watch and see)
LIVESHOTS: Click here for the latest breaking news on Michael Jackson.

Self-prescribing controlled substances is in violation of California Health & Safety Code 11170 —but it is not a criminal act.

The penalties for self-prescribing include fines and a loss of a physician's DEA license to prescribe controlled substances.

Jackson died from lethal doses of the IV anesthetic propofol — which was purchased and administered by the his personal physician Conrad Murray — but investigators believe Klein's longtime facilitation of the pop star's drug habit was so egregious that it meets the threshold of a criminal act.

Investigators believe that Klein supplied Jackson with drugs obtained improperly — by self-prescribing, writing prescriptions using the names of Jackson's many aliases or giving Jackson drugs taken from his office.

In the coming weeks, investigators will focus on obtaining more records of Klein's prescribing history, law enforcement sources tell FOXNews.com.

ok, notice TMZ tried to shift the blame from Klien , we know now their source at the time was Klien , none of the self prescribed material were found in mj's house , at least at the time of his death the drugs prescribed by klien did not match what was mentioned here .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back