How did murray expect to get the Propofol into England?

Erikmjfan

Proud Member
Wouldent that be hard to bring on an airplane? He would have to explain to customs what he was gonna use it for, and in that case he would have to have lied. I think they would have been highly suspicous of him, just think of how much propofol must have been needed to sedate Michael for 7-8 hours a night for two weeks, and he was gonna be there for like 3 months on the first leg....

This is what always confused me. Drugs are very tightly regulated in England you can't exactly pop into your local Boots and get propofol.

the best question asked. may be he wasnt planning to use it in England? may be he wasnt planning to go to UK? they werent planning it

i can undetrstand Michael cutting his finger and this being an accident. but sorry i cannot understand being an accident him suddenly dying.

Maybe cause it isn't (wasn't) a controlled substance....So he'd have just said he was a doctor and fed customs some bull?

Idk, interesting question, can't believe i've never heard it asked before.

That's a really good question! I assume that had Dr. Murray come over for the TII concert series he would have brought something else to help Michael sleep? Horlicks maybe, and some herbal remedies, like a normal person? Or perhaps he would have gone to the local hospital and got hold of some local anaesthetic for private use. Who knows.

Idiot. I really hope he gets what he deserves.

Interesting question. Maybe he was never planning on making it as far as England? Or, maybe he wasn't giving it to Michael at all except for the fatal dose? (that still doesn't explain Nurse Lee, though.) I don't think he would have been able to acquire it in England. And, I don't think he would have been able to bring it into the country. Even if they came by private jet, they still would have had to go through customs.

Um, remember Susan Etok?

"Desperate and agitated, he begged her to use her contacts in the UK to obtain a cocktail of drugs including Diprivan and Demerol - the same ones suspected to have killed him - because he "couldn't trust a doctor here".

She said: "He kept saying, 'Are you going to do it for me, you are going to do it for me, aren't you?'. He was desperate, like a child begging his mum for sweets.
[....]

She said: "Then he said there were medications he took in the States that he needed. He said the names but they didn't mean much to me."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...et-him-drugs-for-his-02-gigs-115875-21583602/

Um, remember Susan Etok?

"Desperate and agitated, he begged her to use her contacts in the UK to obtain a cocktail of drugs including Diprivan and Demerol - the same ones suspected to have killed him - because he "couldn't trust a doctor here".

She said: "He kept saying, 'Are you going to do it for me, you are going to do it for me, aren't you?'. He was desperate, like a child begging his mum for sweets.
[....]

She said: "Then he said there were medications he took in the States that he needed. He said the names but they didn't mean much to me."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...et-him-drugs-for-his-02-gigs-115875-21583602/
Etok seems like she is a bit dilusional. I honestly don't believe a word that comes out of that woman's mouth. First she says that Michael asked her to have his fourth child. :smilerolleyes: Then she says that she went to Mike's hotel in London or somethin' and she went in there and took all of Mike prescriptions from him? She said..."It looked like a pharmacy." I don't know who she is expecting to believe that, because if Mike was "such a drug addict" like she says, no "drug addict" is gonna let you take their stuff from them. And then her newest story is about Michael asking her for propofol too. She is just hoppin' on the propofol train like the rest of 'em it seems. Plus, who knows if she even knew Michael at all? I mean there is no proof except her own words. So I don't know... I'm just starting to doubt that she even knew him. :scratch:

Last edited:
I doubt anyone involved in the Murderous plot to kill Michael Jackson, ever wanted him to make it to these Shows.

I don't know who she is expecting to believe that, because if Mike was "such a drug addict" like she says, no "drug addict" is gonna let you take their stuff from them. And then her newest story is about Michael asking her for propofol too. She is just hoppin' on the propofol train like the rest of 'em it seems.

She took medication samples from his bathroom. What she said about Propofol was

not her ' latest story' but something she said from the beginning.

. Plus, who knows if she even knew Michael at all? I mean there is no proof except her own words. So I don't know... I'm just starting to doubt that she even knew him. :scratch:

Anybody who knows Mark Lester can ask him if

Michael knew Susan since she has said to be friends

with Mark.

Who knows how different things might be if they came over to the UK earlier :( :cry:

If this is true Michael used it during HIStory, then I don't think it would be hard to get it somehow in the UK (I think this is also the case of other European countries that the access to such medications is restricted)
OR maybe this is not really true Michael was using Propofol during History....

Anybody who knows Mark Lester can ask him if

Michael knew Susan since she has said to be friends

with Mark.

o.e Mark. :bad:

Sorry, I just really don't like him at all.

Still though, it doesn't make since to me anyways that Susan could just waltz in Mike's hotel room take a look in his bathroom, take some of his prescriptions and walk out if he is such a "drug addict." And again she has no proof if she even met Michael at all, other than the words that came out of her own mouth.

I think this Q did come up in a thread a while back, but it is a good question, one that needs to be addressed.

IF Murray did plan to bring propofol to the UK I reckon he might have had it Fedexed or something. There's no way anyone would supply him from inside the UK.

Was Murray licensed to practice medicine abroad?

the best question asked. may be he wasnt planning to use it in England? may be he wasnt planning to go to UK? they werent planning it

i can undetrstand Michael cutting his finger and this being an accident. but sorry i cannot understand being an accident him suddenly dying.

Exactly. They weren't planning for Michael to go to London.

And I didn't know it would be a trouble to bring propofol into England.....so I guess it's illegal? Tell me if I'm wrong.

And I doubt Michael would become addicted to propofol when he knows he won't be able to take it to London.

Was Murray licensed to practice medicine abroad?

It doesn't matter. That wouldn't have stopped him. Look at "Dr." Thome Thome, also "ambassador for the state of senegal."

If Murray didn't have a license to practice medicine abroad, then all he had to say was "yes, I do have a license."

Last edited:
It amazes me how easily people act illegally as if it's the most natural thing in the world.
How can you possibly say "I have licence to practice abroad" and not have one? What if someone asks to check your papers?
And Brit authorities who are so strict about drug use don't they check someone's authorization papers if he is travelling under medical capacity?
But I guess no one ever thought about Murray and propofol because they knew NOBODY would have to go to London after all.

^^ Yeah. Poor Michael. He couldn't WAIT to get to London. Kenny said Michael was always telling him, "let's go to London now." And Michael already had his things packed up and ready to go.....

And then just a week before his depart for London, Michael decides to risk his life with Propofol....

I'm not an idiot, so I'm not believing that.

I have not formed an opinion of Dr. Susan Etok at this time but,

For those of you who continue to bring up the fact of us not having "Proof" of her meeting MJ and using that as a means to totally dismiss Everything she has reportedly said, allow me to inform you of this:

She could very well Be making up "some" stuff, BUT even though "we" have no proof of her ever really meeting MJ Does Not mean she hasn't produce some kind of proof to the Media outlets she has been on. She must provide them with something that links her to the subject and her story must check out in "some" capacity.

To my knowledge, this woman was on ET and Geraldo ( I didn't see it), they have to check her story and soruces out otherwise they would be looking at massive lawsuits. Even the worst tabloids and journalist must check out the person and ask for some kind of proof. She did not just get on National TV without providing them with something( whatever that was)

All the things I've read about her saying, I do not buy at all but I do believe, someone on Team MJ knows who this woman is and what if anything her role was.

We need to keep note of what she is saying, maybe she will slip up and provide us with information that may link the crooks....

Ugh, she has a "team" now. I haven't read her blog since september.

I remember I lol'd when, after defending diane diamond and saying she is a good person, she wrote that the "crazy fans" were right, and that dd is, in fact, a b*tch. Go figure :D
(http://susanetok.wordpress.com/2009...ut-diane-dimond-i-was-naive-believing-in-her/)

I'll also give you the link to her first posts (you can press previous to read more), since I see the "team" is now updating the blog only with news from the mainstream media only. Interesting read.
http://susanetok.wordpress.com/2009/08/page/3/

I don't think he would have been able to acquire it in England. And, I don't think he would have been able to bring it into the country. Even if they came by private jet, they still would have had to go through customs.

Money opens a lot of doors and you can always bribe people. Or you could have people that are willing to bend the rules for you.

I don't think they would have been shipping it to England from the US. I'd assume they had sources in England to provide them with the medication. I think Michael had enablers all around the world and propofol isn't something that is manufactured and sold only in the US.

I don't think they would have been shipping it to England from the US. I'd assume they had sources in England to provide them with the medication. I think Michael had enablers all around the world and propofol isn't something that is manufactured and sold only in the US.

I honestly cannot see it being sourced from inside the UK. It would have been way too risky IMO. How would he get it? It's not a controlled drug but a doctor can't just walk into a legit. pharmacy, demand whatever they want and then receive it 'no questions asked'. Not to mention a general anaesthetic!

Pharmacists are like a safety net to protect the patients. If a pharmacist supplies a patient with a prescription and there is a serious incompatibility or interaction that causes them harm, the pharmacist and the doctor will share responsibility (equally in a lot of cases). This is because the duty of care of the patient was breeched by both parties.

I think the las vegas pharmacy will be in serious trouble for supplying murray, the pharmacist should have checked why he wanted a general anaesthetic outside a hospital setting and refused or reported him.

All the things I've read about her saying, I do not buy at all but I do believe, someone on Team MJ knows who this woman is and what if anything her role was.

We need to keep note of what she is saying, maybe she will slip up and provide us with information that may link the crooks....

She said to be friends with Mark Lester. I'm reading her blog ;)

I honestly cannot see it being sourced from inside the UK. It would have been way too risky IMO. How would he get it? It's not a controlled drug but a doctor can't just walk into a legit. pharmacy, demand whatever they want and then receive it 'no questions asked'. Not to mention a general anaesthetic!

Pharmacists are like a safety net to protect the patients. If a pharmacist supplies a patient with a prescription and there is a serious incompatibility or interaction that causes them harm, the pharmacist and the doctor will share responsibility (equally in a lot of cases). This is because the duty of care of the patient was breeched by both parties.

I think the las vegas pharmacy will be in serious trouble for supplying murray, the pharmacist should have checked why he wanted a general anaesthetic outside a hospital setting and refused or reported him.

Unfortunately things do not work as you said. If you believe TMZ reports the vegas pharmacy is in the clear as murray is a legit doctor with a practice and it is not a controlled substance.

furthermore I do not believe there is a rule that it "should" be used in a hospital setting. I have seen people given anesthetics for minor procedures done at doctor's offices such as dentists and plastic surgery procedures but of course the patients are monitored in that cases.

also I'm not sure about how the laws and regulations has changed but when I was little I remember one of my friend getting asthma medicine from abroad and all they needed to ship it and pass the customs was a prescription and the copy of doctors licence/registration.

Wouldent that be hard to bring on an airplane? He would have to explain to customs what he was gonna use it for, and in that case he would have to have lied. I think they would have been highly suspicous of him, just think of how much propofol must have been needed to sedate Michael for 7-8 hours a night for two weeks, and he was gonna be there for like 3 months on the first leg....

yeah good question.alot have wondered about this. i guess a contact in the uk that looney etok woman god forbid! someone else.like u say he can hardly put it in his suitcase or i dunno maybe u can if its medical stuff and is all documented? ppl can take medication overseas with them so is this no different?

furthermore I do not believe there is a rule that it "should" be used in a hospital setting. I have seen people given anesthetics for minor procedures done at doctor's offices such as dentists and plastic surgery procedures but of course the patients are monitored in that cases.
there is no law saying u cant use it outside of a medical setting. a doctors office is a medical setting what they presumably mean is using it at home and their being a law against that.

Unfortunately things do not work as you said. If you believe TMZ reports the vegas pharmacy is in the clear as murray is a legit doctor with a practice and it is not a controlled substance.

also I'm not sure about how the laws and regulations has changed but when I was little I remember one of my friend getting asthma medicine from abroad and all they needed to ship it and pass the customs was a prescription and the copy of doctors licence/registration.

I don't know the American Pharmaceutical system but I do know the UK's very well. I'm just saying that if all this happened in the UK then the supplying Pharmacist(s) would be in deep deep water. Yes, it was not illegal for a pharmacist to supply Murray with propofol, but it was unethical.

UK pharmacists have an ethical code that they must adhere to at all times and the patient's safety is always number one. The pharmacist must be reasonably satisfied that what has been supplied, prescribed or ordered for use in practise by a doctor will be safe for the patient.

If two drugs (non-controlled or controlled) were prescribed by a doctor for a patient and these interacted causing serious harm, then the pharmacist could be liable, if reasonable steps were not taken.

If a drug (non-controlled or controlled) was prescribed by a doctor and the dose was too high and the patient was caused harm, the pharmacist could be liable, if reasonable steps were not taken.

At the end of the day, every drug that leaves the pharmacy should be assesed by the pharmacist so the patient is not at risk.

In terms, of a general anaesthetic being supplied to a doctor from a regular pharmacy....it is not illegal but can the pharmacist be reasonably sure the patient will not be harmed? I don't think so. The pharmacist should know that it has a small therapeutic window, so accidental overdose is a huge risk. The pharmacist should also know that it needs to be used under strict control, if not in a hospital, then a safe place that has a proper administrator (ie an anaesthetist) and proper monitoring will be carried out.

Maybe it's not the same in the US but that's how it works in the UK.

well i doubt murray was gonna tell the pharmacy what he was using it for and where he was gonna use it

Back