Whats your fave song from Rhythm Nation

State Of The World, Love Will Never Do (Without You), Alright and Escape. A brilliant album. Janet's best.

Always had a soft spot for 'Love Will Never Do (Without You)'.

The only time I can think of her singing in that lower register.

Miss You Much always gets me moving though

I must admit, LWND is still off the hook. Janet did her thing on that one!
Should have had it on my faves but I already went over the limit. Lol!

I can't pick just one

Someday Is Tonight
Come Back To Me
Miss You Much

And the beat on The Knowledge is so tight!!

It's all really good, but I really gravitate, towards Love will never do without you.

That album was great in many regards.. Song is hard to pick but when young I remember 'Alright' was my favorite video during that era. I loved the theatricality and the MJ'esk in it.. total MJ sister in that video 100%

"Miss You Much" that has to be my favorite. But I also love "Love Will Never Do Without You" & "Escapade".
And of course "Rhythm Nation". ;)

That album was great in many regards.. Song is hard to pick but when young I remember 'Alright' was my favorite video during that era. I loved the theatricality and the MJ'esk in it.. total MJ sister in that video 100%
I'm not familiar with Janet's work, but I looked up the video because of your comment.
How cool was that!!?? Not only Cab Calloway in it, but Cyd Charisse-wearing a knock-off of her Bandwagon/Girl Hunt dress. Those Jackson kids really had a thing for MGM musicals. :)

^ Yup, they worked that video well.. And I like how they (MJ and Janet) were both using Lavelle Smith JR in those days. keeping it within the family!

I will say Barbee - much of her work is worth looking into if you're not familiar.. Some better than other obviously but there's some stuff that I think any MJ fan could appreciate ie. Alright video being one good one.

Back