Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

Didn't know about the bass being laid down. Thanks for that. Can't wait for this and how can you disagree with Jerkins? Albums are journeys you take with the artist. Agree with him 100% on that.

Didn't know about the bass being laid down. Thanks for that. Can't wait for this and how can you disagree with Jerkins? Albums are journeys you take with the artist. Agree with him 100% on that.

I agree with Jerkins also. I just hope he doesn't get his way and he produce all of it. Not a fan of his really. Some songs he did with mike were great but the dance tracks were week. Michaels vocals on Invinceable,Heartbreaker and unbreakable were awesome but the beats and sounds I didn't like. Overproduced too much computer stuff not enough real instruments. IMO

respect77;3892531 said:
On the other hand William Orbit mentioned on working on songS (plural) and he worked on them together with Queen so maybe all three will be on a Queen album?

I think that's most likely. They have been talking about this on the Queen camp as well.

And regarding Brian May, do "tapes" mean one song or more? I dunno, but I suspect more.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great evening with <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit">@WilliamOrbit</a> working with some Queen/Freddie/Michael Jackson tapes. Exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool.</p>&mdash; Dr. Brian May (@DrBrianMay) <a href="https://twitter.com/DrBrianMay/statuses/355467542548062209">July 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rodney Jerkins has the ability to work wonders. Listen to Escape and We've Had Enough -- assuming the other outtakes are anywhere near as good as those two, we have our entertainment cut out for us. I'm putting my faith in all the producers and musicians working on this until I'm given a reason not to.

@Rudolf; The way Brian wrote it would suggest that he was working on several different songs, not just the Michael Jackson duets.

While an album should flow and go on an emotional ride.. That can be done by different producers.. Michael himself was working with many different writers/producers from 2006-2009.. Its more so song selection that wud create a feel of an album.. While producers do highly effect the sounds, song selection would bring a flow that multiple producers would still work..

For recently recorded tracks just have the producers that were working on it with Michael complete it.. And songs that may be outdated have a new producer working it with a co producer that originally worked on it.. Or if the producer has made a hit within the past few years let that be it.. Just the one producer.. That's what I'd do..

Rodney Jerkins has the ability to work wonders. Listen to Escape and We've Had Enough -- assuming the other outtakes are anywhere near as good as those two, we have our entertainment cut out for us. I'm putting my faith in all the producers and musicians working on this until I'm given a reason not to.

@Rudolf; The way Brian wrote it would suggest that he was working on several different songs, not just the Michael Jackson duets.

It may suggest that but we still can't be sure of anything.

So I imagine an announcement from the Estate should be coming soon? With all these producers announcing they're working on MJ songs, there just has to be something going on.

Maybe it's time for a new thread in this section, regarding everything to do with the upcoming MJ project?

New tweets from Al Berry:

Al Berry ?@altberry21 AugJust finished A session for a Michael Jackson project.. Laid down some funky bass ! #LoveMusic

Al Berry ?@altberry
7hLips are sealed about MJ Session.. Those who know, know.. For now!

https://twitter.com/altberry/status/370273567759273986
https://twitter.com/altberry/status/370566332699246592

Who is he?? is this the black guy that is a part of Lisa Presley's band when she goes out on her supposed tours? I think he's the nephew of Chuck Berry if I'm not mistaken :no:

Actually, did Queen ever confirm the song was going to be on one of their own albums, or did we just assume it?? I could be that the song was always meant for the MJ album from the beginning but nobody realised it yet. Perhaps the info about this Queen track was the first clue we had about a new MJ album coming.

Orbit said it`s on a Queen-record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTMueGs47k0

Just to bring some fairness to the producers that have worked with Michael that some here are reluctant to want on new unreleased music.

The producers roll is not to create the music, they guide the production process. So to blame a producer on instrumentals of tracks is I would say 70% unfair. While producers do effect the sound, they don't create the instrumentals of the tracks. For the most part... There are producers now that venture into creating instrumentals but that's not the real roll of a true producer.

In recent history producers have been going broader with the roll, its not the producers job to make the instrumentals..

Its often the writer that brings the beat/instramental to the table and the producer brings it to reality.. When Michael beat boxes and brings in the song, and tells the producer what he wants to hear. He makes it happen.. Mj unreleased songs have a beat already (most should ) the producer would use that base and fine tune it or build around it to create something..

They could (which I really wouldnt want) strip everything, use the vocals and get a whole new instrumental to it..

Last edited:

He got a lot of producers/writers for Invincible, but then he had more tracks to be selected for the album. Now with only 1 or 2 tracks he isn't satisfied. Not to talk about the bad-mouthing of Invincible after release. He got a big ego.

I'm not really worried about chart success with unreleased material, however i think it is VERY likely that this album is going to get a lot of air play.
the 3 biggest songs of the summer (maybe even this year) (arguably) are Treasure by Bruno Mars, Get Lucky by Daft Punk, and Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, ALL of which are HEAVILY influenced by MJ... So i wouldn't be surprised if it had a few hit singles.

Really starting to get excited now

I appreciate The fans that are not really interested in chart. I personally am, while I wouldn't be majorly disappointed if his next album didn't really sell well... I want a statement made from new mj music, saying "I really am the man and my music is timeless." And for the new music he was working on 2006-2009 "I still got it" I'd love major radio play and for people to fall in love with the music.. I get tired of others thinking I live in the past because its so much mj for me.. People tend to like and respect his work, but they think of him as an 80s-90s artist.. No his music transcends time..

He got a lot of producers/writers for Invincible, but then he had more tracks to be selected for the album. Now with only 1 or 2 tracks he isn't satisfied. Not to talk about the bad-mouthing of Invincible after release. He got a big ego.

I also believe he said he was going to save MJ's career before Invincible came out. Around the time people were rumouring the title to be the "Burning Records" or something like that.. will have to check/remember what it was.

I´m not really interested in chart success but it still would be nice if millions and millions of people will buy the album.It doesn´t have to be no1 but maybe top ten in many countries.

I think if it will be a great success where they earn a lot of money, then maybe they release smaller projects, like classical album

Just..... >>>
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif
kermit.gif
:timer:

Love this. I can't wait either.

Someone (I think Zakk) posted these tweets by Rodney Jerkins recently. Of course it's not clear whether he is talking about the next MJ project or something else, but since we are speculating here anyway, I thought I would add it to the thread:

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus Albums are meant 2 be a musical journey, a music experience of the artist life so that fans connect 2 the whole story not to just 1 chapter.

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus The worst thing is when u have a lot of great producers, great writers, great features all on 1 album but still don't have a cohesive sound.

Well this won't be able to happen because:
1. The man is not here himself to guide the project from start to finish.
2. How can that cohesive sound even be achived with songs made from different eras?

I look at it this way, i view every posthumus album released by a deceased artist as a compilation CD rather than a complete cohesive album.

All in all, i am excited!

Last edited:

Hope for an official statement soon!!

I SO hope for a release this year !!

Can't wait for the new album , hope the Estate say something soon !

How can that cohesive sound even be achived with songs made from different eras?

It can be done with a few touch ups. Per example HIStory had Come Together from 1988, Little Susie from 1979 and They Don't Care About Us from 1990, and they fit the album perfectly. (The latter two were re-recorded between 1994 and 1995, but all of them fit the profile to a T.) It all depends on how the songs mix with the other selections.

Wow! With so many hints about this project, I definitely think we are getting a new album this year! I'm really excited! I hope we have an announcement soon by the estate. We need something to bring happiness to us when all this mess from the trial is finished...

I can't wait for them to announce something :D

Maybe on 29th they will say something about the new album, you know, when it's Michael's birthday.:scratch:

It can be done with a few touch ups. Per example HIStory had Come Together from 1988, Little Susie from 1979 and They Don't Care About Us from 1990, and they fit the album perfectly. (The latter two were re-recorded between 1994 and 1995, but all of them fit the profile to a T.) It all depends on how the songs mix with the other selections.

Yeah which takes us back to point 1, Michael reworked those tracks, Michael knew how to make the album cohesive, Michael chose the final tracklist. What im trying to say is without Michael it just won't be the same.

I'm praying and hoping for a new album this year! So excited!:angel:

I keep having dreams about this "new album"!!!!!

Yeah which takes us back to point 1, Michael reworked those tracks, Michael knew how to make the album cohesive, Michael chose the final tracklist. What im trying to say is without Michael it just won't be the same.

And in 2001 Sony chose the track list for VINCE.

^^ They did?

Back