Will Prince and Michael ever work together?

Yes, Prince was supposed to appear on Bad. In fact I believe the song Bad was supposed to be a duet.

Other Prince/MJ/Bad gossip:
Prince dissed Bad afterwards saying they only called it Bad 'cos they couldn't fit Pathetic on the cover.

The photos in the CD booklet of Mike in black look like they were hurriedly put together, because they were. The original photos were of Michael with his face covered in a veil, but at the last minute he decided they were too Prince-like and re-shot them. The originals appeared later.

http://michaeljacksonstore.com/images/LACE.jpg

They did appear on stage together(ish) and a James Brown gig in 1983/4.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2W_JXgvJAC0

Last edited:
not gonna happen..plus in my opinion the egos will clash on stage singing the song, probably on whos getting more applause.

and im glad prince wasnt on bad, espeically the title single, and after prince bad mouthed the single on top of it! michael can hold his own, if prince was on it he'd probably say he made it big..ya know?
simply because prince and michael are told they are kinda the same, doesnt mean they need to work together. same with any other artist. and sometimes opposite artists attract better in music i think.

All I can say is... I am glad they didn't work together, and I really hope they don't in the future. They are great individual artists and I just could never see a duet with them being all that good... (all only my opinion of course.) :)

I like them both! But honestly I think they will never work together. Prince really dont care for anyone but himself and has no respect for his fans or Michael. When you hear an interview with Prince, and if he is asked something about Michael, Prince is ALWAYS totally disrespectful. Michael is more respectful, and would maybe work with prince, he would on "Bad", but now it just seems impossible.

All I can say is... I am glad they didn't work together, and I really hope they don't in the future. They are great individual artists and I just could never see a duet with them being all that good... (all only my opinion of course.) :)
i rarely do, but i'm going to have to disagree with you here. if you think about the funk/rock element of Michael Jackson to be coupled with Prince's talent.. i think it would be mind-blowing. if they just sit down and say "alright, let's jam on something funky", i think they'd develop gold.

but then again you'd think that of Stevie and Mike, but it never really took off (imo)..

but on paper, an MJ/Prince collab to me seems awesome.

I predict it will be funky too! Like Timone and Pumba put together :lol: :blink:

Far as I know, Prince has been very respectful of Michael in recent times. And I also heard that rumor about Prince saying "Bad" was pathetic was just that, a rumor. Prince supposedly told Michael it would be a hit without him and politely declined.

Last edited:
I would love to see it happen but I don't think there is much chance. Prince like's to be in complete control of his music so to work with someone like MJ would mean giving up some of the control and also having to share the lime light with a bigger star than himself. So for those reasons such a duet will probably never happen.

(I'm a huge Prince fan, he's my joint favourite artist with MJ :) )

quincy jones talked about prince and michael meeting during the bad era. the audio is on the second rerelease of BAD.

Far as I know, Prince has been very respectful of Michael in recent times. And I also heard that rumor about Prince saying "Bad" was pathetic was just that, a rumor. Prince supposedly told Michael it would be a hit without him and politely declined.

Not a rumor! I have seen that interview, and Prince said we wouldn´t do the song because he wouldn´t do a duet where he should sing "your but is mine". He thought it was too gay or something like that! I am a fan of Prince, but I am really getting tired of him, he doesn´t gives a **** for other people than himself.

Well Prince acts more gay then Michael, so, lol.

I admire Prince, he's a talented artist, but like I said, the real reason is cause he didn't want to get outdanced in the video, lol.

I sure hope so!

I think it'd be cool to hear them do a ballad together, or a really upbeat song.. I don't care either way, lol.

If Mike and Prince were to duet together, it will be the first hit Prince has had in years!!! Prince really hasn't mattered much, imo, in a long long time. Sure, he sold out the O2 in London 21 nights but I'm talking about as far as being innovative.

Speaking of Prince influencing Superfly Sister, Mike has influenced Prince a hell of a lot. I'm thinking Let's Go Crazy. That song was definitely influenced by MJ's Beat It!! Beat It was very important as far as bridging the gap between pop and rock and that's what Prince tried to do with Let's Go Crazy.

I like both artists, but I like MJ a heck of a lot more. With Prince I only like a few of his songs; with MJ I like mostly all of his songs.

Last edited:
Prince thought bad was too gay?

(cough) If I Was Your Girlfriend(cough)

Did I say something? :lol:

^loll

It would be/have been interesting...but,
their personalities just dont click AT ALL thats y nothin ever worked out between em.
seems that way...+ from what ive heard, read and seen.lol.

and oh prince is = 2 madonna.
MJ is waaay above them ^_^
fact.:p

had 2 say it.-_-

Last edited:
i hope not I don't want to hear no corny Prince working with MJ. Prince couldn't offer MJ nothing.

The problem with Prince and Michael dueting is that Prince has a huge ego, which would get in the way of the music. Michael wouldn't be satisfied being involved in only part of a song or album, and they'd probably end up disagreeing over the direction of the music.

Not to say that it will never happen, because stranger things have. But it's very unlikely.

Last edited:
I don't like Prince that much.I respect him as an artist and I give him credit for what he has done,but his music is not really my kind of music.
If they were to record a song together,I would only like the song because of Michael.

The problem with Prince and Michael dueting is that Prince has a huge ego, which would get in the way of the music. Michael wouldn't be satisfied being involved in only part of a song or album, and they'd probably end up disagreeing over the direction of the music.

Not to say that it will never happen, because stranger things have. But it's very unlikely.

They both have huge ego's and that's one of the main reasons why I don't think a duet between the two of them would ever work out.

no...prince is 2 badddddd. if he brought out camille with mj in present...mj would lose his mind lol

prince is to sophisticated 4 him. it wont happen.

We're 20 years to late with this debate aint we? in the 80s, maybe it would have worked, but now? Utterly pointless.

I do think they both have the hots for eachother though.

Back