Has anyone been to 2300 Jackson Street?

ForeverTheKing

Proud Member
I went back today (i went there after the Gary Memorial)...here's a few of the pictures

DSCN0771.jpg

the infamous light pole he took a picture with as a child

DSCN0757.jpg

people wrote all over that light pole! lol

DSCN0759.jpg

2300 Jackson Street..always home

DSCN0761.jpg

the sign

DSCN0760.jpg

the one way sign in front of the house...people wrote all over that too lol

DSCN0758.jpg

more stuff is starting to accumulate

DSCN0763.jpg

Peter Pan and MJ

DSCN0772.jpg

the booths in front of the house selling MJ merch...gotta love the people of Gary lol

DSCN0762.jpg

WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL!

There will be a block party being held on Aug. 29th at 2300 if anyone wants to attend thats in the area. It begins at 12 noon. I didn't get the chance to see Michael's cousin this time, they said he had just left when i got there :( For those that leave cards, teddy bears, posters, etc. I was told that they are putting that stuff in the museum they are building in Gary. I love going to 2300! Long live MJ! He will FOREVER be THE KING!

I been there....Are you from indiana...I'm from Elkhart, Indiana....

:cry: 2300 Jackson Street.

I want to go there and leave something for Michael.

Thank you so much for the photos. :hug:

Last edited:
yea i been there, i live in the next town. my family grew up in gary so i been there a million times. thanks for sharing your experience.
you live in Chi-town huh? its speical living close by ain't it. :cheeky:

I would love to go there one day.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what happens to all those flowers and teddy bears that people placed in front of the house? Will it go to the Jackson family?

ForeverTheKing - Thank you so much for the pictures. I was in tears looking at them. So moving to imagine that MJ grew up there. This where everything started. I wish I could go there and sit on that street and take all in. :)))))

It's great to know MJ's cousin takes care of the house. I wish Jackson family will maintain this house as a shrine...

Back