5 years time...

PlatinumMJFan

Proud Member
Hi Guys, I was just searching some of the old threads and I came across a thread from May 2004 http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2077 This thread was titled in 5 years time, it was so sad looking through this particular thread, because who would have ever imagined in 5 years time, the year 2009 Michael Joseph Jackson will have passed on June 25th.

So my question is, in 5 years from now in the year 2014 what do you think will be of Michael's legacy and what new material do you think we will have?

Last edited:
I hope that all of us will be trying to fulfill Michaels legacy and finish the work he started of healing the world. As far as new material I would HOPE we would have anything that has been unreleased but of course I don't hold out much hope :(

I think there will be some of his unreleased songs out. Also by then there would be TII. Might be some documentaries on Michael. He will always be remembered as a humanitarian. Perhaps his charities will be receiving many donations.

I don't know what to expect in 5 years because I am done with expectations since June 25th. The only thing I know for sure is that I will love Michael like no other just like I have done till now. Time will tell...Michael will live forever and his legacy will live on even after our passing...

Probably a compilation of all his unreleased songs????

Well, I hope so anyway. I'm sure Mike has a lot of songs stashed away somewhere.

I found that thread a couple weeks after he died.. well some of you predicted correctly that there would be a tour/concerts..

Maybe this is kind of starting to happen .. ''I think people will respect Michael more and haters will stop giving us fans shit.''

5 years from now...

The public image of Michael will really depend on what stories come out about him in the media. Whether they become more positive.. or not. Or whether people come out of the woodwork talking negative or telling lies for cash.

To young teens in 2014 Michael will probably have joined Elvis, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe as 'iconic names, stars who have passed' .. the kind younger kids may put on their walls/wear on their t-shirts to look cool perhaps without knowing much about them.

There will be more respect for him hopefully.

Hopefully there will be some chance to see Michael's concerts - Bad/Dangerous.. either on TV, cinema, DVD [or whatever technology we have by then].

It would be amazing to hear some unreleased music, but I don't know how they would do it? What if they release something that MJ didn't actually think was good enough..and didn't want released?

The kids will be 17, 16 and 12 (I think) so that could be interesting.

There should definitely be something to do with charity that has Michael's name on it.

In five years time it wont necessarily be any different to how it is now except that the overwhelming grief people are still experiencing will have very much dwindled down to a very acceptable level so that people can go back to fully appreciating Michael for what he was and what he will forever be.

We still have to see what happens with 2012 etc, but by that time cosmic consciousness will increase with amazing leverage and we will all begin to see Michael in a light that so far we have never seen before and will be very definitely a sight to behold and something no one could ever have predicted.

Of course his humanitarian efforts will take hold courtesy of new and capable idyllists who want to do much in his name and this will bring about a great change and will forever more place in concrete on Earth what he is now doing in Heaven.

To talk of his music and new material etc, some may know that classical composers in the past were Mediums and were channelled by Spirit to compose new pieces and this is whats already happening now as now Michael communicates his vision and ideals from where he is now and the words maybe sung by some unknown person whos simply channeled this but the LOVE and music comes from the man himself.

All of this is ever so prominent simply its up to us to see that Michael in many regards is more ALIVE now with his message of INSPIRATION and ENERGIES.

Me to be an real MJ impersonator living Michael's legacy :lol:

I hope for a couple of DVD's and an album. I'd say 1 album per every 4 years. Keep up with the rhythm he had goin ;)

We will support his children in whatever they do because Michael said that they can do whatever they want to an he will support them.

I hope that all of us will be trying to fulfill Michaels legacy and finish the work he started of healing the world.
As far as new material I would HOPE we would have anything that has been unreleased but of course I don't hold out much hope :(

:clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk:

:angel:Heal The World...WE are the World...Education IS The Key~~~

i would hoep that in 5 years time Michael's name and legacy will still live on and hoppefully there will be unrealeased songs put on a album and released along with DVD's with never before seen footage of Michael with fans, on stage, whatever. also they should take all his tv speacials and make a speacial dvd box set from the jackson 5 era to the time before he passed with half the procents going to his children and varies charities. i think thats something michael would happy with.

wow that thread was hard to read... we all had such high hopes for the future :cry:

but as someone else said, i hope we will get som concerts in HQ and maybe a new record. i also hope that michael is remembered as a true humanitarian and that there are some kind of charity named after him. i know that in five years time i have visited forest lawn to give my final good bye...

^ *hugs*

I was also reading that thread maybe a month ago.. something caught my attention then:
9. (okey...now the serious stuff) Michael will be respected by the peeps B) ...he will be the biggest man on earth....and...he will be able to travel whitout all the people throwing themselves at him :popcorn: ...he will get a happy ending of his life!!
not sure what the poster meant by that.. I'm sure s/he didn't mean this..

SORRY didn't mean to depress anyone, so moving on with the topic..

Conrad Murray in jail.

His legacy intact and stronger than ever.

The kids are strong, healthy and happy.

That's what I'm hoping anyway.

God , that thread almost made me cry... :( :( :(

In 5 years time...I don't know. Who knows. I just pray I am alive in 5 years time. Cause you never know... As for MJ, I can't believe that 5 years ahead will be 5 years of missing him... these 3 months or so seem like an eternity, missing him...

I just hope he is celebrated ... for everything he did.

Hi Guys, I was just searching some of the old threads and I came across a thread from May 2004 http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2077 This thread was titled in 5 years time, it was so sad looking through this particular thread, because who would have ever imagined in 5 years time, the year 2009 Michael Joseph Jackson will have passed on June 25th.

So my question is, in 5 years from now in the year 2014 what do you think will be of Michael's legacy and what new material do you think we will have?

I coincidentally came across that thread too, some time during July. I was bored and decided to go through some of the older threads in that forum and noticed that one. It made me want to cry =\

I think in 5 years from now, us fans will have moved on from this pain but we will still remember all of the memories - good and bad as if it was only yesterday.

x

omg so sad :cry:

I've been searching the archives as well..
Im so interested in seeing what my posts were like 6 years ago. I wish I could go back in time :(

"I think in 5 yrs time it'll be even better than it is now to be a Michael Jackson fan, the rumours about all this nonsense will have stopped, his name will be cleared. He'll be 50 (omg lol)! I think he'll have another album under his belt & be either planning or finishing one more incredible tour, just so he can remind everyone that no one does it better than MJ"

This post by someone made me cry - How true.

omg so sad :cry:

I've been searching the archives as well..
Im so interested in seeing what my posts were like 6 years ago. I wish I could go back in time :(
I had almost forgotten the atmosphere we had back then.
Reading the archives, even thought it was a tough time, it still felt so light, easy and cheerful in comparison to now.

I think we'll be lucky to get one album of complete new material in the next five years. I worry that they'll keep making different "greatest hits" combinations, and just add one or two "new" songs from the vault to each one.

The solo albums, and Jackson 5/Jacksons albums will all likely receive another remastered release on CD. Items currently on DVD will likely have been remastered and released on Blu-Ray, along with an extra concert or two perhaps, and items that haven't even been released on DVD yet, like Making Michael Jackson's Thriller that was VHS only.

Unfortunately I think much the current rush of new fans will fade out when they get 'bored', but there will be enough new fans who stick around to make a difference. There will always be haters too, but many of them too will fade out and move onto another target. Without tabloid tales, people will start judging him by his music and talent, and his legacy will be secure.

EDIT: One day after I post this, it's announced that the This Is It soundtrack will have one disc full of "greatest hits" material :doh:

Last edited:
I don't want to even think of 5 years from now. I'm still stuck in the past to where he's still alive. :( Hopefully all his unreleased songs get released, 1 new album per year, and all the haters will be transformed into instant Michael fans on December 21st, 2012. Well, that's what I hope to happen.

^^ aww i made a thread for this sort of thing in Groove Theory, that should so be in there

Back