Is It True That David Lynch Directed a Video for the Single 'Dangerous' in 1992?

Agent M

Proud Member
"Dangerous" , the title track of Michael Jackson's eighth solo studio album released in November 1991, was planned as the tenth single from the album. These plans were canceled, after allegations of child sexual abuse were made against Jackson in August 1993. A "Dangerous" video was filmed in 1992 by avant-garde director David Lynch, and considered a rarity among collectors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson#Artistry

If it does exist, I would do almost anything to see it.

I have heard this too. Not from wiki though. I think its true.

Wow, I did not know that... MJ obviously liked the song Dangerous (he's certainly performed it enough over the years) but I didn't know it was considered for a single release. Interesting that Dangerous and Vince are the only 2 album title tracks which weren't released as singles from MJ albums.

Does this explain why there was a Dangerous remix on the BotDF single? Was this originally remixed for the 1993 single release and shelved til it came in handy as a 1997 b-side?

I always assumed that Dangerous album promo stopped after Gone Too Soon because: a). 9 singles from one album was excessive, b). Gone Too Soon didn't exactly set the charts alight, c). The album was already 2 years old by this point, and d). MJ was on tour.

I always assumed that Dangerous album promo stopped after Gone Too Soon because: a). 9 singles from one album was excessive, b). Gone Too Soon didn't exactly set the charts alight, c). The album was already 2 years old by this point, and d). MJ was on tour.
Dangerous was not released after Gone Too Soon because of the allegations by Chandler. The tour was already cancelled by the time Gone Too Soon was released (12/1/93). It was in that same December that Michael had to undergo the strip search and make the statement from Neverland.

It simply would not have sold well.

I don't think it was banned but in the US Who Is It was never aired for some reason. David Lynch is an awesome director and directing one of MJ's videos would have been amazing. And yes, it was David Fincher that directed Who Is It.

Who Is It wasn't released in the USA because they thought it was too slow for American audiences and that they wouldn't "get it."

i thought who is it was released in the usa after mj beatboxed it on the oprah interview. thats why they didnt use the original video because there was no time to make it. the video was made later for the world wide release

I don't think it was banned but in the US Who Is It was never aired for some reason. .

I heard some time ago that "who is it" video was never aired coz it like had the storyline "prostitutes" in it.

i thought who is it was released in the usa after mj beatboxed it on the oprah interview. thats why they didnt use the original video because there was no time to make it. the video was made later for the world wide release

correct

and there is no Dangerous video, just the teaser.
Would have been great to have Lynch do one.
Michael was obviously a Lynch fan.

Yeah wasn't it Give Into Me that wasn't released in the USA as a single?

i thought michael did a montage video for who is it instead of the one he filmed

Yeah wasn't it Give Into Me that wasn't released in the USA as a single?

yes, after the Oprah Interview USA had "Who Is It" with montage video
(because of his Who Is It beatboxing during the show)
while the rest of the world had "Give In To me" as single.

"Who is It" was worldwide single later with the David Fincher video
..but Give In To Me was never a single in the USA.

I still don't understand this decision...
I mean the Give in the me video was premiered during the Oprah interview.
they played the full videoclip... what better promotion is there?
but they still released Who Is It without a real videoclip
only because he did 30 seconds of beatboxing with the Who Is It beat?
(did any normal viewer that never heard the song before get
the connection anyway?)

there is a dangerous video clip it's been confirmed in two books i bought lately on MJ and i knew this since 1993, it is only a collectors item and said to be very expensive, the production costed MJ a lot, and i think he took the excerpts from it to shoot the dreams pepsi commercial and the same on the dangerous short films on why u want to trip on me.

there is a dangerous video clip it's been confirmed in two books i bought lately on MJ and i knew this since 1993, it is only a collectors item and said to be very expensive, the production costed MJ a lot, and i think he took the excerpts from it to shoot the dreams pepsi commercial and the same on the dangerous short films on why u want to trip on me.

What are the titles of the two books and their authors?

Those two books are VERY wrong. David Lynch only worked on the TEASER and the book Lynch On Lynch makes that very clear. Another myth busted. There was no video for Dangerous whatsoever except in the imagination.

Dreams was directed by Pykta and about so much more than Dangerous the song is. Dreams is a genius work too.

Those two books are VERY wrong. David Lynch only worked on the TEASER and the book Lynch On Lynch makes that very clear. Another myth busted. There was no video for Dangerous whatsoever except in the imagination.

Dreams was directed by Pykta and about so much more than Dangerous the song is. Dreams is a genius work too.

100% correct !

Back