13th December News and Mentionings

I can't believe we got the word from Jet that Michael says he may do a small tour and noone is noticing it. Is everyone in here dead?
L.J. if you come in here - you made a thread about this and I can't access it. I get this bulletin: :(

ja, somebody help :(
STATEofSHOCK, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've posted to the technical forum a couple of days ago about a couple of other issues and haven't been approved to have those questions posted.

Last edited:
JET MAGAZINE PRESS RELEASE

Media Contact: Jeanine Collins

(312) 322-9337 (office)
(312) 520-6684 (cell)
jmcollins@ebony.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dec. 12, 2007

Thriller the Remix

It’s been a quarter of a century since Michael Jackson made history with his album Thriller. When the time came to mark the 25th anniversary, he called on hit makers Kanye West, Akon and will.i.am to add a little remix flavor to the original content. “I’ve been talking to Mike aboutthis and about doing his other record for about a year and a half,” Black Eyed Peas memberwill.i.am told JET exclusively.

Jackson shares that he is in the studio daily working on a new album and may also do a shorttour. In the meantime, he wants his fans to know, “I feel grateful, all those record-breaking
things, to the biggest albums, to those number ones, I still feel grateful.” (Page 58 )

Top Stories of 2007

From Sen. Barack Obama’s bid for the presidency to the rally for Jena 6, JET recaps the 10 mosttalked about news stories of 2007. (Page 12)

JET Beauties of the Year

The Beauty of the Week is one of JET’s most popular features. Find out who JET editors picked
as their favorite beauties for 2007. (Page 40)

The Year in Pictures

A picture is worth a thousand words, and JET says it best with this year’s most captivatingphotos. (Page 20)

Tips for Making Your Special Gift Unique

Now that you’ve found the perfect holiday gift, it’s only fitting to wrap it in a special way. Find
out how in JET. (Page 32)

THE DECEMBER 24, 2007 ISSUE OF JET IS ON SALE MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2007.

© 2007 Johnson Publishing Company, Inc.

YaY!!! maybe I got it right this time? :wild:

L.J. if you come in here - you made a thread about this and I can't access it. I get this bulletin: :(

ja, somebody help :(

I've posted to the technical forum a couple of days ago about a couple of other issues and haven't been approved to have those questions posted.

That's because I deleted the thread, I had used the wrong article :( I was very bad and used an RF tabloid thingy :( and didn't realise until after I posted :( my bad I do apologise :flowers:

That's because I deleted the thread, I had used the wrong article :( I was very bad and used an RF tabloid thingy :( and didn't realise until after I posted :( my bad I do apologise :flowers:
If you are really sorry you will bring treats. I like chocolate by the way.

oh no problem! I'm relieved. Thought maybe I'd gone overboard in my lil rant in the 'Message from Michael' thread which I had just posted in :lol:

If you are really sorry you will bring treats. I like chocolate by the way.

:wild: chocolate!!! :woohoo:

istockphoto_535249_box_of_chocolate.jpg

I can't believe we got the word from Jet that Michael says he may do a small tour and noone is noticing it. Is everyone in here dead?

and may also do a shorttour.

But it doesn't mean he will make a tour. He may say it cause people wanna hear it, you know, out of respect. Plus, he said "may". I also may marry Michael:lol:

Here is the picture that Tippi Hedren gave to Ellen DeGeneres as a gift on Thursday's show. It is a picture of Michael's two tigers Thriller and Sabu who were relocated to Tippi's animal sanctuary in the summer of 2006 and where they remain today:

20071213_Tigers_Shambala.jpg

SEGMENT TRANSCRIPT

DeGeneres: For over 24 years, she's dedicated her life to protecting endangered felines. Please welcome an extraordinary woman, Tippi Hedren.

DeGeneres: Good to see you...

Hedren: I brought you Christmas presents.

DeGeneres: Oh, thank you. Oh my God.

Hedren: This is Thriller and Sabu.

DeGeneres: Aww.

Hedren: They were living at Michael Jackson's place.

DeGeneres: They were Michael Jackson's?

Hedren: Mmm hmm.

DeGeneres: And how were they? Were they in pretty good shape?

Hedren: Oh, they were in great shape.

DeGeneres: Good, good.

Hedren: They were just as beautiful-- they came looking like that.

DeGeneres: So they were taken care of? This is an example of animals that were actually taken care of?

Hedren: Yes. Yes.

DeGeneres: That's amazing.

---

Last edited:
I watched that show
I was so happy .. and its a great testament
to tha fact that MJ took very good care of his
animals .. I loved that Tippy saied did that (smile)

Yes, that is great, but it's not so great that they have to look for donations for the upkeep of these tigers! The way it sounds, Michael basically gave them the tigers and left! http://www.shambala.org/biographies/sabu_and_thriller.htm

I read that much differently then you ...
When Jackson decided to close his zoo at his Neverland Valley Ranch in Los Olivos, California and place his animals at other facilities, he consulted with his animals’ long time zoological Veterinarian, Dr. Martin Dinnes and asked him which Sanctuary would make the best home for his tigers, “Thriller” and “Sabu”. A quality facility was Jackson’s priority. Dr. Dinnes took little time in suggesting The Roar Foundation’s Shambala Preserve.

He gave them the Tigers becuase due to his circumstances beyond his control he was no longer able to care for them so he gave them to the best place - That was VERY responsible of him to do that -- and who's to say he didnt give them a large donation at the same time - or that he doesnt continue to donate to that foundation ..

Wow what beaitiful amazing animals they are .. and yes fluffy too (smile)

20071213_Tigers_Shambala.jpg

Last edited:
Seems to me as if they are using the Mj connection to maximum capacity. Surely there were other animals there why focus on MJ's ones. Didn't MJ get these animals as recued animals too, noody was giving him money to take care of them either.

Wow what beaitiful amazing animals they are .. and yes fluffy too (smile)
Yes, they are! I love tigers! They are majestic animals! And that's a great picture!

I read that much differently then you ...
Yeah, you probably do!

He gave them the Tigers becuase due to his circumstances beyond his control he was no longer able to care for them so he gave them to the best place - That was VERY responsible of him to do that -- and who's to say he didnt give them a large donation at the same time - or that he doesnt continue to donate to that foundation ..
Well, the article clearly says: "In common with all the other animals Shambala takes in, which now total 70 non-domestic felines including leopards, lions, other tigers, servals, cheetah, mountain lions. These tigers from Neverland came with no endowment for their future care."!

They can't be much clearer than that!

If he still would really care about those animals he would still pay for their upkeep! They are his tigers after all (or at least used to be)! I mean, it's one thing to close down the zoo (which wasn't really a pretty site to begin with), because he's not living at Neverland anymore! It's another to completely stop supporting those animals, especially when he gives them away to, as I understand it, a non-profit animal sanctuary, which relies on donations to continue running! It would be a different story if he would have sold them to a public Zoo or some other private Zoo!

So that article shows, that he either doesn't have the money anymore to care for the tigers, or that he doesn't care enough about them to continue to care for them financially!

You don't have to agree with me... it's just the way I see it!

Yes, they are! I love tigers! They are majestic animals! And that's a great picture!

Yeah, you probably do!

Well, the article clearly says: "In common with all the other animals Shambala takes in, which now total 70 non-domestic felines including leopards, lions, other tigers, servals, cheetah, mountain lions. These tigers from Neverland came with no endowment for their future care."!

They can't be much clearer than that!

If he still would really care about those animals he would still pay for their upkeep! They are his tigers after all (or at least used to be)! I mean, it's one thing to close down the zoo (which wasn't really a pretty site to begin with), because he's not living at Neverland anymore! It's another to completely stop supporting those animals, especially when he gives them away to, as I understand it, a non-profit animal sanctuary, which relies on donations to continue running! It would be a different story if he would have sold them to a public Zoo or some other private Zoo!

So that article shows, that he either doesn't have the money anymore to care for the tigers, or that he doesn't care enough about them to continue to care for them financially!

You don't have to agree with me... it's just the way I see it!
Neverland was as much a sanctuary for those animals as That womans home is. MJ spent millions taking care of them, he got nothing from any organisation for them either. Maybe he thought that that woman was doing the same as he was. If he had to pay her for caring for them, he might as well have kept them himself. he was doing it for free too remember. Don't remember him asking for charity for looking after them.

Yes, he did it free because he wanted to have a zoo! She is doing it to provide a shelter for animals no one wants anymore! It's not her private zoo!

And I'm not really talking about employing someone to care for the animals... I'm talking about the costs involved for providing for the animals (food, vet and so on)!

But I see you fail to see the difference between Michael having a private zoo and Tippi Hedren being involved in an animal sanctuary, which provides shelter to abandoned animals and relies on donations!

Yes, he did it free because he wanted to have a zoo! She is doing it to provide a shelter for animals no one wants anymore! It's not her private zoo!

And I'm not really talking about employing someone to care for the animals... I'm talking about the costs involved for providing for the animals (food, vet and so on)!

But I see you fail to see the difference between Michael having a private zoo and Tippi Hedren being involved in an animal sanctuary, which provides shelter to abandoned animals and relies on donations!
Many if the animals MJ had were rescued animals that MJ cared for free of charge. It was enough that he sought a good home for them. If she wanted money for them she should have asked or refues them, MJ would have found someplace else for them. Don't forget that MJ was going through a tramatic time of his life, he was more worried about taking care of his children and fighting his ex-wife to keep them. These places existed as charity organizations. I think it t\is too much that she is using the only 2 animals that MJ gave her as publicity for fund-raising. If she wanted money from MJ she should have asked for it, MJ had spent millions on them already, perhapshe felt that he haddone enough.

Okay, you get a dog... one day you feel you spent enough money for him and you get rid of it! Wow! Don't want to be a animal in your "posession"!

Again, excuses and excuses!

Now u know it wasn't like that Patrick. I'm sure before the trial MJ wasn't even CONSIDERING closing down the zoo. But this was a trying time and a lot of things happened that lead up to Neverland and the zoo closing down. ANd the fact that this is a charity nonprofit thing makes sense, since MJ likes to give to them and he knows his name alone would give them all the money they need. And he obviously trusts the faculty of these people so I dunno what the big deal is.

Last edited:
Back