A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

Kai that trailer you made is very good. Great work! But I'm not sure if we should use L.A. 89 footage. The concert was apparently planned to be released but we have no evidence it was shot on film.

Last edited:
Kai that trailer you made is very good. Great work! But I'm not sure if we should use L.A. 89 footage. The concert was apparently planned to be released but we have no evidence it was shot on film.

I think we more should focus on HQ/HD footage then focusing on whats on film because in the description i explained everything. The trailer should show Bad Tour excerpts in HQ imo. But definitely put more HD footage in it than HQ + i will replace the video with HappyLees once he finished it.

kai;4298218 said:
I think we more should focus on HQ/HD footage then focusing on whats on film because in the description i explained everything. The trailer should show Bad Tour excerpts in HQ imo. But definitely put more HD footage in it than HQ + i will replace the video with HappyLees once he finished it.

Please don’t use the term HD in this campaign. They can make 8K or 4K HDR scanned from 35mm film so they can release the result on 4K Blu-ray and iTunes. HD refers to 1080p. If we ask for HD, the estate won’t bother to release 4K HDR (or Dolby Vision for that matter).

4K Blu-ray’s will be supported on the coming PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

IMWhizzle;4298222 said:
Please don’t use the term HD in this campaign. They can make 8K or 4K HDR scanned from 35mm film so they can release the result on 4K Blu-ray and iTunes. HD refers to 1080p. If we ask for HD, the estate won’t bother to release 4K HDR (or Dolby Vision for that matter).

4K Blu-ray’s will be supported on the coming PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

4K is still HD. 4K Blu-Ray would be great but its not very likely. That could be too much to ask right now because they don't sell as well as normal Blu-Rays yet. They might not release it at all if we only ask for 4K Blu-Ray. I don't think any concert has been released on that format yet. Studios usually scan films in 4K so I don't think we have to worry about them scanning it only in 2K.

Last edited:
Galactus123;4298225 said:
4K is still HD. 4K Blu-Ray would be great but its not very likely. That could be too much to ask right now because they don't sell as well as normal Blu-Rays yet. They might not release it at all if we only ask for 4K Blu-Ray. I don't think any concert has been released on that format yet. Studios usually scan films in 4K so I don't think we have to worry about them scanning it only in 2K.

If this thing works out, it could very well be the last BAD related product for generations to come. Ofcourse we should focus on 4K, since every 4K release also gets a regular bluray and dvd release, the 4K user base shouldn’t be the problem. It wasn’t for INXS, which isn’t bigger than MJ ;)

Always aim for the highest, the better the end result will be..

The Warren- edited wembley show is already edited and ready to go. Aintree is also basically confirmed. These 2 should be the main focus. I hope this leads to something great.

I refuse to sign these petitions until we get Triumph/Destiny/Victory tour releases :p

I spread the word out in deviantArt.

320 people signed within a day. Please share it on your social media accounts. ??

Last edited:
320 people signed within a day. Please share it in your social media accounts. 💪🏼

Great start so far. If we could crowdfund for concerts, we should be able to petition for ones too.

I need better text for my trailer, that encourages people (fans or non-fans) to take part in this petition. Any ideas?

HappyLeeHL;4298273 said:
I need better text for my trailer, that encourages people (fans or non-fans) to take part in this petition. Any ideas?

123 concerts playing to 4.4m fans across 15 countries
Michael Jackson
In his PRIME
The BAD Tour 1988
to 4K Ultra HD
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos
Restored from the original 35mm negatives
See, hear and feel
Like you are there
In the best picture and audio available.

Michael Jackson’s Bad Tour 1988

Last edited:
IMWhizzle;4298279 said:
Michael Jackson
In his PRIME
The BAD Tour 1988
to 4K Ultra HD
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos
See, hear and feel
Like you are there

TZEVQ6T.png

IMWhizzle;4298279 said:
Michael Jackson
In his PRIME
The BAD Tour 1988
to 4K Ultra HD
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos
See, hear and feel
Like you are there

Its very likely that they don't have multitracks so we shouldn't ask for Dolby Atmos and best audio. I like what Kai says about the audio in the petition.

Galactus123;4298290 said:
Its very likely that they don't have multitracks so we shouldn't ask for Dolby Atmos and best audio. I like what Kai says about the audio in the petition.

Multiple shows were recorded on multitrack according to Patrick Kelly, so it’s possible! 💪🏼 don’t settle for less, aim for the highest, the sky is the limit.

IMWhizzle;4298291 said:
Multiple shows were recorded on multitrack according to Patrick Kelly, so it’s possible! ���� don’t settle for less, aim for the highest, the sky is the limit.
People seem to be more concerned about the film than the multitrack audio here (right? I could be wrong though), ergo the latter should just be a secondary bonus or something. It would still be a nice addition though, wouldn't it? Nonetheless, I dig the motto. (y)

Serious Effect;4298298 said:
People seem to be more concerned about the film than the multitrack audio here (right? I could be wrong though), ergo the latter should just be a secondary bonus or something. It would still be a nice addition though, wouldn't it? Nonetheless, I dig the motto. (y)

A good quality release always had pristine picture quality and very high audio quality sourced from multitracks. If there aren’t any, so be it. If there are any multitracks left it will be a complete release.

Yes, the picture is the priority, but let’s not forget the sound if there are any multitracks left.

IMWhizzle;4298299 said:
A good quality release always had pristine picture quality and very high audio quality sourced from multitracks. If there aren’t any, so be it. If there are any multitracks left it will be a complete release.

Yes, the picture is the priority, but let’s not forget the sound if there are any multitracks left.
What if they use it against us again and hold it back because "there is no usable audio"?

https://youtu.be/GpkYcnPKeEA

Something like this for the trailer would be great, obviously some text is needed and show some film footage snippets at the end "the greatest tour of all time finally documented in the way it deserves."

did you guys actually read the petition? cause i also wrote something about the audio there.

did you guys actually read the petition? cause i also wrote something about the audio there.
"It's also known that not all the shows were recorded on multitrack-audio. The fans wouldn't mind to have an HD release with a soundboard/front of house audio mix. In addition to a HD release a standalone Live CD of another show could be released to showcase the magic of the bad tour in HD audio as well. Members of the film-crew back then also revealed that several shows were multitracked on a soundtruck. Mentioned examples are: Wembley July 16 and 15, New York, Kansas, Los Angeles (1989)".

almost 500 signings already..

keep sharing and posting it. don't hesitate to ask influencers and big youtube channels to promote it.

almost 500 signings already..

keep sharing and posting it. don't hesitate to ask influencers and big youtube channels to promote it.
I personally think there could be even more signatures, like 1000 or something, to strengthen our cause even more (more signatures = somewhat more persuasive to the Estate). We got almost 500 in 24 hours, so it should be no biggie. :)

Back