A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

I personally think there could be even more signatures, like 1000 or something, to strengthen our cause even more (more signatures = somewhat more persuasive to the Estate). We got almost 500 in 24 hours, so it should be no biggie. :)

well like i said before.. i think we need like 50.000 - 100.000

Yeah, I also believe this petition needs to somehow be more immense in terms of signatures and impact because I'm pretty sure that if hundreds of people could donate to two crowdfundings for two Dangerous Tour concerts (plus more fans and supporters who did not engage financially), more than five hundred people would want to watch the Bad Tour in the best manner possible, and as Serious Effect pointed out, nearly five hundred have already signed within a day, so if more people can sign at this rate for the next weeks or months, the support would be huge and, therefore, more influential

Yeah, I also believe this petition needs to somehow be more immense in terms of signatures and impact because I'm pretty sure that if hundreds of people could donate to two crowdfundings for two Dangerous Tour concerts (plus more fans and supporters who did not engage financially), more than five hundred people would want to watch the Bad Tour in the best manner possible, and as Serious Effect pointed out, nearly five hundred have already signed within a day, so if more people can sign at this rate for the next weeks or months, the support would be huge and, therefore, more influential
2tm8xHf.png

can someone explain how a live performance can be multitracked?
Maybe the process works the same way as it would in the studio: the instruments and vocals are recorded separately (but simultaneously) and can be mixed later on to produce the front of house mix. In that case, microphones would be placed all over different sections of the stage to capture the sounds of the instruments and Michael's voice, and even the cheers and screams from the audience, in synchronization. I'm no expert in this sector, but I assume that's how it works.

Also, I'll just add, the sound engineer for the Bad Tour did a great job.

Maybe the process works the same way as it would in the studio: the instruments and vocals are recorded separately (but simultaneously) and can be mixed later on to produce the front of house mix. In that case, microphones would be placed all over different sections of the stage to capture the sounds of the instruments and Michael's voice, and even the cheers and screams from the audience, in synchronization. I'm no expert in this sector, but I assume that's how it works.

Also, I'll just add, the sound engineer for the Bad Tour did a great job.

Your explanation is correct. For the crowd sound:
there are several people in the crowd holding microphones to capture the feeling there.
This is at least how they often do it today.

I need to say that a mix from a concert you see on your TV is not what it sounded like at the show.
The front of house / soundboard mix is what comes out if they record the mix on a stereo tape or file.
But if you watch it at home it often can be that the vocals or certain stuff is to low volume wise.
Thats because it was mixed for the location (every location has a different mix) and not for home enjoyment.

When they released Wembley DVD (they had multitrack audio) they mixed the audio especially for home-recording so they even might have added reverb and stuff which wasn't on the actual show.

PS: goflyings mix of wembley was way better..

And where can we listen to goflyings mix of Wembley? ;)

there are snippets on youtube:

the drums mix is so much more powerful.. its like night & day compared to the DVD mix.

Your explanation is correct. For the crowd sound:
there are several people in the crowd holding microphones to capture the feeling there.
This is at least how they often do it today.

I need to say that a mix from a concert you see on your TV is not what it sounded like at the show.
The front of house / soundboard mix is what comes out if they record the mix on a stereo tape or file.
But if you watch it at home it often can be that the vocals or certain stuff is to low volume wise.
Thats because it was mixed for the location (every location has a different mix) and not for home enjoyment.

When they released Wembley DVD (they had multitrack audio) they mixed the audio especially for home-recording so they even might have added reverb and stuff which wasn't on the actual show.

PS: goflyings mix of wembley was way better..
8FSDePV.png

*EDIT* goflying's mix actually does sound different than the modified commercial version. Where's the full mix?

The go flying mix IMO is simply closer to the actual sound of the tour.
If you compare to the DVD mix, the drums especially sound so different from ALL shows.

An idea:

Shall we do a video in where fans are talking to the estate?
I mean like at least 10 people or something.

Or we do like 5 youtubers everyone has like a sentence
and then videos of a lot of fans just saying "I signed" or "I want it".

I think to get the Petition big we need to work more with youtube and release some cool bad tour snippets here and there and linking to the petition.

kai;4298498 said:

Let’s try to get Razörfist on board with this. He always finds the right words. :D

OK, I’ll have to read this whole thread from the top now. Wasn’t able to follow it over the past few days. Sounds interesting. :)

kai;4298498 said:
An idea:

Shall we do a video in where fans are talking to the estate?
I mean like at least 10 people or something.

and then videos of a lot of fans just saying "I signed" or "I want it".

I think to get the Petition big we need to work more with youtube and release some cool bad tour snippets here and there and linking to the petition.

Let's reach out to
Michael Trapson
Razörfist
MJFANGIRL TV
History In The Mix
SingleWhiteGlove
Liam McEwan
German in Venice
the detail.

Signed the petition. That trailer looks great. :)

I think a great way to get a lot of signatures quickly is to get @mjBeats (Brazil), @mkgenie (China), and @andjustice4some (USA & international) to promote it on Twitter.

@andjustice4some is looking for ways to promote MJ leading up to his birthday anyway.

One small thing in the petition text that doesn’t look quite right to me, from one Kraut to another, I don’t think this is proper English:

“We, the Michael Jackson Fan Community please you to finally give us a proper HD release”

Is this where it previously said “beg you”? If you don’t want to write “beg” but want something a bit stronger than “ask”, maybe you could use “kindly request” instead?

Great work, everyone. So much talent here on this board. :)

Victor;4298502 said:
Let's reach out to
Michael Trapson
Razörfist
MJFANGIRL TV
History In The Mix
SingleWhiteGlove
Liam McEwan
German in Venice
the detail.

Ohhohoho let’s do it.

ScreenOrigami;4298501 said:
Let’s try to get Razörfist on board with this. He always finds the right words. :D

OK, I’ll have to read this whole thread from the top now. Wasn’t able to follow it over the past few days. Sounds interesting. :)

can anyone contact him?
I can't find any way to do it.

I already contacted
HistoryInTheMix, Michael Trapson both didn't answer yet on whatsapp.
AlexBlanco did say he will give it a shot.
KristaMJ did share it once in her Story on IG.
LennyJay said he will also promote it + ask other to do.

I'll definitely contact with mkgenie. Lots of Chinese fans would love to participate. But I'm feeling it's a bit too soon. My trailer should be done in a day or two. Let's really wait for this trailer, so that this campaign would have more influence.

Yep, let’s wait till everything is complete, and then all start posting at once and try to trend a hashtag. :)

Great stuff people. What a great community to be a part of! Maybe HappyLee can use my version of the Wembley audio for the trailer if needed.

Great stuff people. What a great community to be a part of! Maybe HappyLee can use my version of the Wembley audio for the trailer if needed.

loved it.
do you still have a download link ?

LennyJayOfficial - 42.400 followers

just shared it in his story on IG.

HistoryInTheMix will mention it his next video...

I think it would be really great if we can have this thread moved to the main section. IMO it’s really important to get as many eyes on this as possible. Mods is it possible at all to have this moved?

Back