A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

HappyLeeHL;4298765 said:
My teaser is almost done. I want to add another line below "Sign the Petition!". What about "Relive His Magic" or something like this? Please help as I'm not a native English speaker. Thanks. :)

Exciting! 😁

So when it’s done, maybe we can share it on our Twitter accounts and share it with Taj, Paris, other celebrities, former crew members who participated on the tour, etc to gain some more attention.

Wow 1000 have signed, excellent work. The project’s really taking off now

There is 7 year old munich 92 petition that only has 1700 signatures. In comparison, We are already past 1200 in just a couple days :) I would recommend sharing the petition link on big MJ youtube videos, especially history tour lol.

Question: what is our official hashtag? I see #MJBadTourHDRelease and #ReleaseMJBadTourFilm on the petition page. I don't know what to put in my video.

Shall we simplify it by using #MJBadTourHD?

HappyLeeHL;4298826 said:
Question: what is our official hashtag? I see #MJBadTourHDRelease and #ReleaseMJBadTourFilm on the petition page. I don't know what to put in my video.

Again, be careful with the “HD” tag. With the estate, you need to be careful what you wish for. We would like to see a released 88 concert sourced from film. 4K UHD HDR is the norm in 2020.

I think you can use the UHD term in stead of HD.

IMWhizzle;4298829 said:
Again, be careful with the “HD” tag. With the estate, you need to be careful what you wish for. We would like to see a released 88 concert sourced from film. 4K UHD HDR is the norm in 2020.

Exactly, aim for the highest..

I think #ReleaseMJBadTourHD is the correct, really!

IMWhizzle;4298829 said:

The term HD includes UHD, and is more commonly known. To be honest, I'd be realistic and wouldn't ask for a 4K release for Bad Tour, because if you look at Moonwalker Bluray and Bad Tour 25 Bluray, most shots are barely even real 1080p. Only a few shots are, and I doubt they'd look better in higher resolution.

If we aim for the highest, we're more likely to fail. They could calculate doing all 4K scanning and remastering being too expensive, or think the fans are asking too much, so they decides that this release won't happen, we'd ignored once again. We don't want to sound greedy anyway. I think it's best to aim for the most suitable, not the highest.

I'm probably simplifying the hashtag to #MJBadTourHD for my teaser. Hopefully it's a better choice.

I've posted my video and I've updated the description of all my old ones, now let's hope for the best

HappyLeeHL;4298857 said:
The term HD includes UHD, and is more commonly known. To be honest, I'd be realistic and wouldn't ask for a 4K release for Bad Tour, because if you look at Moonwalker Bluray and Bad Tour 25 Bluray, most shots are barely even real 1080p. Only a few shots are, and I doubt they'd look better in higher resolution.

If we aim for the highest, we're more likely to fail. They could calculate doing all 4K scanning and remastering being too expensive, or think the fans are asking too much, so they decides that this release won't happen, we'd ignored once again. We don't want to sound greedy anyway. I think it's best to aim for the most suitable, not the highest.

I'm probably simplifying the hashtag to #MJBadTourHD for my teaser. Hopefully it's a better choice.

I’m sorry, but I do not agree because of the reasons I’ve explained in earlier posts.

All 35mm film reels which are now scanned are preserved in 8K for future purposes. By doing so the digital version lasts more longer than the original reels.

Even if the recorded film was a mixture between 16mm and 35mm, they could generate a 2K DI, like most new films are done.

I think we should use #MJBadTourHDRelease that is in the petition. I'm pretty sure they would scan the footage in 4K. Studios usually do that when scanning movies even when 4K release is not planned at the moment. I wonder if the film footage in Bad 25 documentary was scanned in 4K?

Last edited:
My 4K Teaser's finished. It contains lots of film/HD footage from Moonwalker and Bad 25 Bluray, color corrected. Not that much audience shots and texts, so video description text is needed. I'm also suggesting to change the official hashtag to #MJBadTourHD, because it's more simple and shorter, and the old hashtags are not trending.

Anyone is free to upload this video to their own channels. I've encoded it in 4K quality. Hopefully more people could help to share and spread the message.

https://mega.nz/file/LOIxWCTR#UE5FdmdlDFZCDwFI1m7wxH59haI5efGTlh7ttD5qAcw

Sign the petition:
https://www.change.org/MJBadTourHD

Last edited:
A big thank you to the mods/Gaz for moving this to the main forum. We really appreciate it :)

Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker) and Another Part of Me (Bad 25) were shot on film (16 and 35mm), so a 4K scan of the negatives is possible if they still exist.

Last edited:
Just posted on my Twitter page and tagged some influential people in it. Thanks HappyLee for your hard work and and suggestion for the hashtag.

e48db63f04a1c4ed1ac1c51cab09e92d.plist

Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker) and Another Part of Me (Bad 25) were shot on film (16 and 35mm), so a 4K scan of the negatives is possible if they still exist.

Of course, you can even do an 100K if the technology were possible, but I was saying that it doesn't help much to ask for a 4K release, because most footage from those 1080p Blu-ray releases aren't even real 1080p, meaning some negatives only has limited details, so higher resolution won't help much.

Timbaland and Pharrell?

Yes, and much more artists:

Janet Jackson
Paris Jackson
Ne-Yo
Ryan Leslie
Madonna
Chris Tucker
Chris Brown
Rihanna
Diddy
Mariah Carey
Paris Hilton

I'm taking a break, before my Twitter account gets suspended because of spam. 😂

In order to get the #MJBadTourHD hashtag trending should we pick a time and date to share it?

Last edited:
My 4K Teaser's finished. It contains lots of film/HD footage from Moonwalker and Bad 25 Bluray, color corrected. Not that much audience shots and texts, so video description text is needed. I'm also suggesting to change the official hashtag to #MJBadTourHD, because it's more simple and shorter, and the old hashtags are not trending.

Anyone is free to upload this video to their own channels. I've encoded it in 4K quality. Hopefully more people could help to share and spread the message.

https://mega.nz/file/LOIxWCTR#UE5FdmdlDFZCDwFI1m7wxH59haI5efGTlh7ttD5qAcw

Sign the petition:
https://www.change.org/MJBadTourHD

That was great. I like how you used Wembley DVD footage in the beginning.

kai;4299011 said:
i had this idea aswell but problem is we are all in different time zones.

The different time zones should actually help our cause, as Twitter’s algorithm considers whether or not new people start to use a certain hashtag. So it traveling around the globe is actually what we want. However, we should agree on a start time anyway, for the initial punch.

Most of the successfully trended MJ hashtags that I have witnessed started around noon Pacific Time (that’s west coast USA). That’s in the evening for Europeans, and very early morning for Asia. So, USA, Canada, South America, and Europe would start, and then Asia wakes up to the (hopefully already trending) hashtag and joins in to keep it going.

I repeat my earlier question which went unresponded. Why exactly this particular show?

What show? L.A?
This petition is not for the L.A show. It's for a Bad Tour show that was shot on film. It doesn't really matter which one.

What show? L.A?
This petition is not for the L.A show. It's for a Bad Tour show that was shot on film. It doesn't really matter which one.

Oh ok I thought this was about a specific show done in 1989. I must have been reading it wrongly, thanks

ScreenOrigami;4299023 said:
The different time zones should actually help our cause, as Twitter’s algorithm considers whether or not new people start to use a certain hashtag. So it traveling around the globe is actually what we want. However, we should agree on a start time anyway, for the initial punch.

Most of the successfully trended MJ hashtags that I have witnessed started around noon Pacific Time (that’s west coast USA). That’s in the evening for Europeans, and very early morning for Asia. So, USA, Canada, South America, and Europe would start, and then Asia wakes up to the (hopefully already trending) hashtag and joins in to keep it going.

question is how much people are we?
i think if only 10 people posting the hashtag it will not trending..

I could send out emails to 1.500 people from the petition.

kai;4299031 said:

That’s why we need the big Twitter accounts to spread the word. Unfortunately, personally I have not much reach, since I’m not using my Twitter account for MJ purposes only. We need someone more influential to reach out to those people in the MJFam with thousands of followers.

Back