A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Radio stations where I'm from are still playing Love Never Felt So Good. Sadly I think the only reason why they are playing it so much is because of Justin Timberlake :(

No no no and once more no.
I did my challenge and requested Michael's songs in 130 channels (pat in the back:)) and I noticed that some of the channels had Slave, APWNN or LNFSG in their list. Radio stations playing Slave and APWNN and those songs are only MJ, so I think they are playing it because it is a good catchy song.

No no no and once more no.
I did my challenge and requested Michael's songs in 130 channels (pat in the back:)) and I noticed that some of the channels had Slave, APWNN or LNFSG in their list. Radio stations playing Slave and APWNN and those songs are only MJ, so I think they are playing it because it is a good catchy song.

I said radio radio stations where I'm from. I don't know about everywhere else, and I've been requesting A Place With No Name on several stations everyday and so far I've heard nothing

I said radio radio stations where I'm from. I don't know about everywhere else, and I've been requesting A Place With No Name on several stations everyday and so far I've heard nothing

Thanks! Keep requesting. I'm convinced that people will like this song once they get a chance to hear. After that, hopefully they will begin to request it as well

Allusio, it is not that difficult to control YT content, in particular comments. In fact, it is too easy; patrol by a person(s) is all. This is why I suggested the online team as they are online watching a few sites already.

Prince is the reason his content is not on YT and many other sources and he is very happy with that control of his own image. It was actually quite easy as it was done through his legal team.

Just when is this being released as a single to download?

More than a week later, only the video was released.

Last edited:
Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Naomi Campbell should be in the video.

APWNN makes a perfect prequel (or sequel) to In The Closet.

I wish they could do something clever, like shoot it in Sepia in the same desert, car etc with some outtakes from ITC.

Hey, we'll done me, ;)

Allusio, it is not that difficult to control YT content, in particular comments. In fact, it is too easy; patrol by a person(s) is all. This is why I suggested the online team as they are online watching a few sites already.

Prince is the reason his content is not on YT and many other sources and he is very happy with that control of his own image. It was actually quite easy as it was done through his legal team.

If it is that easy then I don't understand why no artists care to do so.

If it is that easy then I don't understand why no artists care to do so.

It is not artists do not care; the record label owns the YT pages.

Some artist do not know their own power. Prince used his legal team to control his image, his record label did not do that.

It is not artists do not care; the record label owns the YT pages.

Some artist do not know their own power. Prince used his legal team to control his image, his record label did not do that.

Ok, If it is that easy then I don't understand why no label care to do so.

Sometimes the respect is not there. Sometimes the label prefers artists feel that they are working for them and the label has the control instead of the artist understanding they work along side the label as in a partnership and that the artist does have control in the working relationship.

I think also artists need YT, it is a great marketing platform...Prince is in total control of his image, but he lost a lot of money...It is a hard balance: getting to be respected but also being part of the popular movements...

Sony owns and hosts MJ Vevo channel. If they start cleaning comments on MJ channel, then they should clean every singer or band channels too, and there are tons of singers and bands under Sony's label. I cannot see them spending money to clean nasty comments from nasty trolls from million if not billions of videos.

From Wiki:
Vevo (stylized vevo) is a video hosting service owned and operated by a joint venture of Universal Music Group (UMG), Google, Sony Music Entertainment (SME) and Abu Dhabi Media.[3] It launched on December 8, 2009.[4] The videos on Vevo are syndicated across the web,[5] with Google and Vevo sharing the advertising revenue.[6]

Vevo offers music videos from two of the "big three" major record labels, UMG and SME. EMI also licensed its library for Vevo shortly before launch; it was subsequently acquired by UMG in 2012.[7][8] Warner Music Group was initially reported to be considering hosting its content on the service,[9] but formed a rival alliance with MTV Networks.[10]

Bubs;4038707 said:
Sony owns and hosts MJ Vevo channel. If they start cleaning comments on MJ channel, then they should clean every singer or band channels too, and there are tons of singers and bands under Sony's label. I cannot see them spending money to clean nasty comments from nasty trolls from million if not billions of videos.

From Wiki:
Vevo (stylized vevo) is a video hosting service owned and operated by a joint venture of Universal Music Group (UMG), Google, Sony Music Entertainment (SME) and Abu Dhabi Media.[3] It launched on December 8, 2009.[4] The videos on Vevo are syndicated across the web,[5] with Google and Vevo sharing the advertising revenue.[6]

Vevo offers music videos from two of the "big three" major record labels, UMG and SME. EMI also licensed its library for Vevo shortly before launch; it was subsequently acquired by UMG in 2012.[7][8] Warner Music Group was initially reported to be considering hosting its content on the service,[9] but formed a rival alliance with MTV Networks.[10]

Thank you for the information! In another words – it is not that easy, LOL.

Allusio;4038715 said:
Thank you for the information! In another words – it is not that easy, LOL.

Not easy at all unless we start demanding them to remove all the nasty comments only from Michael's videos and not bother other singers or bands.

mjjmsc;4038703 said:
I think also artists need YT, it is a great marketing platform...Prince is in total control of his image, but he lost a lot of money...It is a hard balance: getting to be respected but also being part of the popular movements...

True. Prince is highly respected as a musician and performer however; he prefers to reach his audience outside of traditional record labels. Despite having severe problems with them, to reach a larger audience – i.e, use the label's promotional budget – an artist would have to deal with a traditional record label.

That control may have a negative effect on Prince's legacy whereas, Michael's solo short films, concerts, interviews, and videos/performances/interviews with his brothers had an amazing impact on Michael's legacy.

Bubs;4038722 said:
Not easy at all unless we start demanding them to remove all the nasty comments only from Michael's videos and not bother other singers or bands.

Not true. I stated previously Sony owns the Vevo channel and is not concerned about negative comments unless such negativity affects sales of their artists. In Michael’s case, it is up to his Estate. His Estate could have someone (preferably a member(s) of the online team) clean Michael’s Vevo’s pages.

If the Estate pioneers that, other artists may look into having someone clean their pages as well. Simple.

Tygger;4038738 said:
True. Prince is highly respected as a musician and performer however; he prefers to reach his audience outside of traditional record labels. Despite having severe problems with them, to reach a larger audience – i.e, use the label's promotional budget – an artist would have to deal with a traditional record label.

That control may have a negative effect on Prince's legacy whereas, Michael's solo short films, concerts, interviews, and videos/performances/interviews with his brothers had an amazing impact on Michael's legacy.

Not true. I stated previously Sony owns the Vevo channel and is not concerned about negative comments unless such negativity affects sales of their artists. In Michael’s case, it is up to his Estate. His Estate could have someone (preferably a member(s) of the online team) clean Michael’s Vevo’s pages.

If the Estate pioneers that, other artists may look into having someone clean their pages as well. Simple.

I honestly couldnt care less about other artists & what they do but as you say its up to them, if they wanna remove negative comments or not. In Michaels case its more complicated, his image was tarnished by the 1993 & 2003 allegations and thats why I think someone should monitor whats being posted under his videos. It wasnt just invented, any credible newspaper monitors their comment section and removes any inappropriate comments. In the settings of facebook fanpage u can ban certain words, so comments including those words will be automatically hidden.

Goddamit, they lost the best part of the song in the single edit.

"So, then I went to my pocket got my wallet on out.."

His vocals on there are stunning.

I honestly couldnt care less about other artists & what they do but as you say its up to them, if they wanna remove negative comments or not. In Michaels case its more complicated, his image was tarnished by the 1993 & 2003 allegations and thats why I think someone should monitor whats being posted under his videos. It wasnt just invented, any credible newspaper monitors their comment section and removes any inappropriate comments. In the settings of facebook fanpage u can ban certain words, so comments including those words will be automatically hidden.

Agreed.

Not gonna lie, even when I look at the 'recent' comments, I see more people questioning how this was made rather than commenting shit about Michael.

s2bkeNV.png

:hysterical:

Not gonna lie, even when I look at the 'recent' comments, I see more people questioning how this was made rather than commenting shit about Michael.

s2bkeNV.png

:hysterical:

At least you only saw the stupidity in print. I had a coworker ask me that very same question YESTERDAY. . . :doh: :lmao:

Nopicforthebs_zpsa92fed0f.jpg

U kno what I gotta be honest, I don't really like the APWNN video that much... At the very beginning when it was released I said it was the best posthumous released video, but after watching more than a few times I now think that statement was wrong.. Ok sorry just wanted to get that off my chest

U kno what I gotta be honest, I don't really like the APWNN video that much... At the very beginning when it was released I said it was the best posthumous released video, but after watching more than a few times I now think that statement was wrong.. Ok sorry just wanted to get that off my chest

Then may I ask what posthumous video do you think is the best?

Posthumous videos for me:

1. Behind the Mask (unreleased)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. A Place With No Name
4. Love Never Felt So Good
5. Hold My Hand

It is not my day today. I’ve just looked at APWNN YouTube comments and a comment of one boycotter has 190 likes…
at least these people have watched the video.
It makes me very sad as if music must die too.

Last edited:
I think the video concept is great but they could have edited in a way that made so much more sense... They could have employed mj driving the vehicle, as he gets out that's when they show MJs feet shutting the car door from in the closet.. And edit a female dancer to make it look like she's dancing with mike...

Simple differences would have made the worlds difference to me.

^ Well, in the video there are very beautiful moments when it looks as if MJ is dancing with the girt and there are some interesting moments of the girl and MJ’s interactions on the distance that are really intriguing ... IMO the concept is not that easy to discover and it isn’t that simple at all. Sometimes videos are not just “to show the storyline for all to understand”.
I love the symbolism and how unique Michael’s role in the video can be … He is a storyteller here, he tells his story and gives us a clue to what is really going on. Sometimes it feels to me that it is a duel of MJ and the girl.

I just love videos like this and they are very rare nowadays. The last video I liked to think over about was Bowie’s Love Is Lost.
But Michael’s video is sure much more entertaining.

I saw the video on TV yesterday. We have a music channel here called HIT TV and they had an hour of only MJ videos in honor of his birthday and they played APWNN too. (And within an hour after that section they also played LNFSG.)

The other videos I saw (though I did not catch the program from the start): Smooth Criminal, Liberian Girl, Remember The Time, Scream, Blood on the Dance Floor, Cry, Behind the Mask.

Back