Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 37.8%
  • HIStory

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Invincible

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
We don't need a documentary on HIStory unless you guys want to show MJ in the worst possible way. We can't portray our lord and savior in a negative way...NO WAY to HIStory...Please don't let Branca do it we have to show the world that MJ was a god amongst men who fought tirelessly for the needy whilst being an innocent man against the media's aggressive racist and anti-male feminine cacophony of sorts because MJ was a god and he deserves all the fawning over he can (not that he hasn't received already). So I will make another thread and poll whether or not it is a good Idea to expose MJ's negative portrayal during the mid nineties.

You're trolling, right? Please tell me you're trolling. Cause this falls right into the The Crazy Michael Jackson Fan stereotype

oh my god. why do you care? let people be fans the way they want. no one is criticising your way of being a fan/telling you how to be one/commenting on it

Oh, but folks have!

And because it's delusional thinking. I'm not the only one to call it out.

We don't need a documentary on HIStory unless you guys want to show MJ in the worst possible way. We can't portray our lord and savior in a negative way...NO WAY to HIStory...Please don't let Branca do it we have to show the world that MJ was a god amongst men who fought tirelessly for the needy whilst being an innocent man against the media's aggressive racist and anti-male feminine cacophony of sorts because MJ was a god and he deserves all the fawning over he can (not that he hasn't received already). So I will make another thread and poll whether or not it is a good Idea to expose MJ's negative portrayal during the mid nineties.

Not a fan of HIStory then I take it?...

This post is a bit mental, no?

... All I can put together is that above all else, that may be exactly WHY we need a History documentary. It would be incredible to hear stories of Michael losing his temper in the studio. Posthumous projects for any artist never give us a legitimate peak behind the curtain; everything is biased and puffed up to make the artist seem innocent in the face of all stress. Let's change it up.

Exactly that!

'HIStory Continues' and the circumstances behind the writing & recording of those tracks is what desperately needs to be brought forward! Everything from '93 to '95 that is.
Because MJ is & always was innocent, this should be deliberately discussed & documented. It seems as if now the people are listening more & more.
If Spike Lee could make this doc, he'd have the chance to set the record straight once and for all & could redeem (in the public eye) the greatest artist of all time.
Looking at the attention given to the OTW doc, it could be immense what a Spike doc about this era of MJ's life could do.

For example he could bring in the famous (in fan circles) GQ article & talk to the writer.
He could go really deep with that thing, investigative journalism is the keyword. I like how he focused on MJ's art with the two recent docs, because that's what MJ was all about after all. But i don't think there is a need to shy away from the person that he was & the life that he lived, because he was a good guy, a great person & he lived a most extraordinary (and sometimes hard) life! Even more so it's finally the time to tell the whole truth to the people.

Last edited:
Exactly that!

'HIStory Continues' and the circumstances behind the writing & recording of those tracks is what desperately needs to be brought forward! Everything from '93 to '95 that is.

I would love to see a HIStory Contues project release. I've always wondered what it could be. A complete album of 92-95 outtakes is unrealistic.

It would be a nice way to promote some of MJ's lesser known songs from 95 onwards, as well as the hits. It would be a lovely addition to the Greatest Hits 1 cd. Could we fill a CD with post 95 greatest hits?

Scream
They Dont Care ABout Us
Stranger In Moscow (OK looking awfully like HIStory now haha)
Childhood
You Are Not Alone
Earth Song
Why (probabloy not)
Blood on the Dance Floor
Ghosts
HIStory Remix (Ah, I'd rather the original. Short version was on a ghosts single)
You Rock My World
Cry (erm.....)
Butterflies (Saw this released as a single yeah?)
One More Chance
We've Had Enough
Cheater (?)
The Girl Is Mine 08 (Christ no)
Wanna Be Startin SOmethin 08 (Christ no no)

I would not include any posthumous stuff on it as Michael didnt finish them. Anyone else ever toy with this?

I think I read here on MJJC about missing lyrics in Scream .
Something about police shot and killed a suspected robber,it turned out that he was innocent, black and 18 years..
I don´t know but in the video 3:08 there is a man who seems to read the news on tv and Janet sings/talks
[Janet]
"Oh my God, can't believe what I saw
As I turned on the TV this evening
I was disgusted by all the injustice

Maybe it was meant the newsman was going to tell about the killing of the black man but Michael was stopped from using it.
I want to know everything about it, in a HIStory documentary

I would love to see a HIStory Contues project release. I've always wondered what it could be. A complete album of 92-95 outtakes is unrealistic.

Actually it's not unrealistic. Although those songs are probably demos. I'm for finishing them (by HIStory original crew). This is what Brian Vibberts (HIStory engineer) tweeted (his original tweet was that he worked on 50 songs for HIStory album):

Onir Michael Jackson @onir_mj
@BrianVibberts 50 songs as musical ideas or 50 songs with recorded vocals? Please answer. Thanks! - 16 Apr

Brian Vibberts @BrianVibberts
@onir_mj Various states of completion. Most with vocals. 15 were released. About 35 in the Vault. They'll be released I'm sure!

It would be a nice way to promote some of MJ's lesser known songs from 95 onwards, as well as the hits. It would be a lovely addition to the Greatest Hits 1 cd. Could we fill a CD with post 95 greatest hits?

I thought about that idea many times. But not the tracklist you posted (that would be awful :)). For example Cheater is Bad outtake and 3 remixes (one of them with vocals from 1982). I toyed with that idea but I included all the hits (or singles) that were not included on HIStory CD 1 Greatest Hits. So that way you have best from HIStory CD 2, BOTDF, Invincible but you also have Smooth Criminal, Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana, Who Is It, Give In To Me, Jam...[/QUOTE]

It would be incredible to hear stories of Michael losing his temper in the studio.

Are you referring to that little clip showing Michaels shadow in the studio that was released next to the TDCAU lyrics apology/disclaimer?
That was pretty obviously staged ...it fit to the message of the song. I don't think he ever lost his temper in the studio. He just had people fired the next day lol

I would like Spike Lee to make a Thriller doc.

But it has to be longer. - So much to say about it. Maybe a TV version on 120 minutes - and then on the Blu-Ray it could easily be 180 minutes or longer. - Fans would love to see as much as possible.

A lot of making of footage from Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller and studio footage must exist - we need to see it!

BUT

I really hope they will make a doc for each of all his albums. - Dangerous and HIStory needs docs. - Invincible too!!

I would like Spike Lee to make a Thriller doc.

But it has to be longer. - So much to say about it. Maybe a TV version on 120 minutes - and then on the Blu-Ray it could easily be 180 minutes or longer. - Fans would love to see as much as possible.

A lot of making of footage from Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller and studio footage must exist - we need to see it!

All thats on you tube right now

There is nothing else to say about that album

Are you referring to that little clip showing Michaels shadow in the studio that was released next to the TDCAU lyrics apology/disclaimer?
That was pretty obviously staged ...it fit to the message of the song. I don't think he ever lost his temper in the studio. He just had people fired the next day lol

No, I mean just any story of Michael being less-than-perfect. Not showing up for a studio session. Getting angry when something didn't go his way. Just something like that!

so? that's none of your business

Gosh, always trying to pick a fight.

There's always something to say about any era of MJ's... * Personal stories of in and outt of studio stuff * unreleased pics and/or footage...

I mean in both Bad25 and Off The Wall doc, how much did we already know? A lot.. but there are always interesting stories to show deeper into the mind of Mikes.. and footage!

Studio footage of making the legendary hits from Thriller... Is that on Youtube?? - NO !

Behind the scenes footage with people involved talking about it - plus there are lots of footage and interviews with MJ from the sets. Is that on youtube? NO !

So very obviously a lot of new footage - and more in depth with each song could be made. The "missing" verse from Lady in my Life - why was it taken out.

Outtakes - what songs did they consider and why did the track-list end as it did. So much info could be revealed. Talk with people that was involved etc.

The most we have is from The making of Thriller. - But surely there are tons of never before seen footage. - I would love to se more rehearsal footage from Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean. - Maybe there is footage of MJ forgetting the dance, alternative takes etc. etc.

To say it's all on youtube is so wrong IMO...

Studio footage of making the legendary hits from Thriller... Is that on Youtube?? - NO !

Behind the scenes footage with people involved talking about it - plus there are lots of footage and interviews with MJ from the sets. Is that on youtube? NO !

So very obviously a lot of new footage - and more in depth with each song could be made. The "missing" verse from Lady in my Life - why was it taken out.

Outtakes - what songs did they consider and why did the track-list end as it did. So much info could be revealed. Talk with people that was involved etc.

The most we have is from The making of Thriller. - But surely there are tons of never before seen footage. - I would love to se more rehearsal footage from Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean. - Maybe there is footage of MJ forgetting the dance, alternative takes etc. etc.

To say it's all on youtube is so wrong IMO...

Lolllll, there's a clip right now on youtube, been there for years talkin about westlake studio us where the album was recorded and Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien, and Rod Temperton talk about how many songs they started with, how they had to redo the entire album to improve the sound quality, and how the sound engineers had to be taken away in an ambulance due to exhaustion, and how the speakers blew up after replaying Beat It after it was recorded, how they used sound tubes to add ambiance

Heck there's even a clip showing the making of the making of thriller

There's a special divided into 3 parts talking about Michaelmania during Thriller

There is nothing else that can be said about that album

Michael was never known for allowing footage of him in the studio recording to be released

Lolllll, there's a clip right now on youtube, been there for years talkin about westlake studio us where the album was recorded and Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien, and Rod Temperton talk about how many songs they started with, how they had to redo the entire album to improve the sound quality, and how the sound engineers had to be taken away in an ambulance due to exhaustion, and how the speakers blew up after replaying Beat It after it was recorded, how they used sound tubes to add ambiance

How long is this clip? A clip doesn't sound very long or in-depth enough. Evidently people in here want an in-depth documentary.

Honestly you can claim as much as you want that there's nothing more to tell, but you weren't there during the production of Thriller so you really aren't in the position to say that.

Heck there's even a clip showing the making of the making of thriller

Yup, just the short film. Not the song, or the other two iconic music videos for Billie Jean and Beat It.

Michael was never known for allowing footage of him in the studio recording to be released

Nope, not true. He did release some footage of himself in the studio in his lifetime, like the We Are The World sessions (there's probably another instance or two that's slipping my mind).

However, after Paul McCartney told MJ during the Thriller sessions that he wished he recorded more BTS stuff of when he was part of The Beatles, Michael made an effort from then on to record a lot more of him working. Do I think there's BTS footage of MJ in the studio while working on Thriller? Yup, just nowhere near as much as Bad and afterwards. There's definitely BTS footage of the short films.

I mean there literally hours and hours and hours of footage that Michael recorded of himself in the studio. He was very obviously aware of creating a legacy for himself and wouldn't have recorded such a quantity if there was an intention of never releasing such footage. Besides, Michael isn't here and we've received quite a lot of studio footage on Bad 25. I can't speak on his behalf, but I don't see MJ being against the release of that footage and the Estate clearly aren't, so the fact that Michael didn't release much studio footage in his lifetime is pretty irrelevant.

How long is this clip? A clip doesn't sound very long or in-depth enough. Evidently people in here want an in-depth documentary.

Honestly you can claim as much as you want that there's nothing more to tell, but you weren't there during the production of Thriller so you really aren't in the position to say that.

Yup, just the short film. Not the song, or the other two iconic music videos for Billie Jean and Beat It.

Nope, not true. He did release some footage of himself in the studio in his lifetime, like the We Are The World sessions (there's probably another instance or two that's slipping my mind).

However, after Paul McCartney told MJ during the Thriller sessions that he wished he recorded more BTS stuff of when he was part of The Beatles, Michael made an effort from then on to record a lot more of him working. Do I think there's BTS footage of MJ in the studio while working on Thriller? Yup, just nowhere near as much as Bad and afterwards. There's definitely BTS footage of the short films.

I mean there literally hours and hours and hours of footage that Michael recorded of himself in the studio. He was very obviously aware of creating a legacy for himself and wouldn't have recorded such a quantity if there was an intention of never releasing such footage. Besides, Michael isn't here and we've received quite a lot of studio footage on Bad 25. I can't speak on his behalf, but I don't see MJ being against the release of that footage and the Estate clearly aren't, so the fact that Michael didn't release much studio footage in his lifetime is pretty irrelevant.

We are the World was a group efforrt

As far as his solo work, did he ever allow footage of him recording songs released to the public

Anyone can go to youtube right now and key in michael jackson thriller recordings and the first clip they come across go in depth

Even the special edition issue of Thriller in 2001 provides in depth insight how the album came to be

We are the World was a group efforrt

Yup, but he actually recorded his lines by himself, IIRC. He was too shy to record his lines with everyone else so from a certain point of view, some of the studio footage is of him singing and working primarily by himself. Still studio footage.

Also, I just remembered some pieces of studio footage he did release.

Here he is working on Another Part of Me, footage that was released back in the 1980s.

There's some footage of him recording for What More Can I Give in the music video, released in 2003:

It was a group effort, but just like WATW, it was primarily lead by MJ and includes footage of him recording by himself.

Here is further footage from there that was also released (although I'm not sure what year, possibly around the same time).

As far as his solo work, did he ever allow footage of him recording songs released to the public

So assuming he didn't release any studio footage, we should just not bother ever releasing anymore? Despite there being literally hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of unreleased studio footage? Well even though he did release some segments of studio footage, I guess going by your logic, we might as well not bother with any other concerts apart from Dangerous, given the only widely distributed concert he released was Bucharest '92. Ooh better not bother with live albums as well, didn't release a single one while he was alive.

Anyone can go to youtube right now and key in michael jackson thriller recordings and the first clip they come across go in depth

Even the special edition issue of Thriller in 2001 provides in depth insight how the album came to be

Yup. So does the 2001 special edition of Bad and yet we still found out mountains of new information on Bad 25.

he's also shown working in the studio severail times during his interview with Geraldo Rivera (in 2005)

and there's also these...I know he's not solo, but hey, he's in the studio :D

I'd love to see a HIStory doc,I think that would be the most interesting.....and it's probably my favourite album to boot.....make it happen!

Oh my God. I don't think I've ever seen this level of Stan before. It's a new breed.

I have no words to this. All I can put together is that above all else, that may be exactly WHY we need a History documentary. It would be incredible to hear stories of Michael losing his temper in the studio. Posthumous projects for any artist never give us a legitimate peak behind the curtain; everything is biased and puffed up to make the artist seem innocent in the face of all stress. Let's change it up.

But if what has been said in recent years is anything to go by, History would not show Michael at his worst.
Yes. THIS is the documentary that is really needed and we need to see this story on screen finally from a different perspective than what's been fed to the public for years-even now, considering the 2 little docs I watched on the Reelz channel yesterday. :(. I really think Spike is the right guy to do it.

And Pyschonif calls people out constantly for comparing Michael to a god. He's trying to get a reaction.

I'd be interested in a HIStory doc but not before one on Thriller and Dangerous. It's the only album (released in his lifetime) I don't own. Getting the doc AND the album together would finally encourage me to buy it, lol!

Back