A site MJ fans should not visit.

It's unfortunate they were rude with you, but why the need for generalisation? Certainly not every MJ fans are like this, and this behaviour isn't exclusive to MJ's fans either, every major artists have "fanatic" fans out there. Considering MJ has quite a wide fanbase it's almost inevitable to run into some, but they aren't the majority or typical. It's most certainly disappointing, and we can and should condemn this behaviour, but we can't take responsability for other fans actions.
I never said all fans. But it certainly seems like a huge proportion, if not most, are very intolerant of others when it comes to Michael. This thread is a perfect example. Some people on a forum don't like Michael and the racism card comes out.

Xeones my advice to you dear is to stay away from bad sites and MJ haters. if the site does have a board for MJ then talk about him on that board. if the site is a all white forum then I guess talk about white artists there. you have the right to like MJ and talk about him if you want. those people doesn't have to be friends with you. find other MJ fans on the site if you can. i'm not sure what website you went to but my advice is to stay away from that site if there's no black artists on it. and if there are black artists which ones are they? newer artists or older? or both? like it or not MJ should get his own board if black artists are on the website as well. people can say what they want about MJ but at the end of the day he still artist and an legend. they don't have to talk to you. you don't have to talk to them. also if there's mods on the site they need to do their job. having a opinion is one thing but if the opinion full with hate and hurt it need to be addresses. anyway like you said they just white racists baby boomers that can't deal with the fact they not in the 50's anymore. i can't wait when these people are off the earth.

also in the future be careful when you make threads like these. your new so i understand. threads like these start a lot of trouble if your not careful. how? i can't answer that but just be careful.

I won't make any threads like this anymore. I was just trying to vent and warn you guys not to go there. I had good intentions when posting it!

ozemouze;4277961 said:
Some of my faves are not great singers in that sense TBH, but they may be exceptional in delivering emotions or moods (e.g. a kind of "broken" singing can convey vulnerability in a very genuine manner).

Absolutely! Maybe the most beautiful example of this is Johnny Cash’s “Hurt”.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8AHCfZTRGiI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ozemouze;4277961 said:
And sorry about the inaccuracies regarding metal subgenres/styles, I once even read an illustrated guide for dummies with examples and metaphors, but still can't get them right, haha).

No worries, many of these categories don’t even make much sense. :laughing:

Let’s just do it like MJ and call it all “music”. :)

ozemouze;4277961 said:
On a side note I first heard Olodum on Paul Simon's great The Rhythm of the Saints album (1990), like I first heard Ladysmith Black Mambazo (they perform The Moon is Walking in Moonwalker) on his Graceland (1986) album. Paul Simon was definitely ahead of MJ in these cases. :tongue:

Oh, I didn’t know this. Will have to check it out. Maybe that’s even where MJ learned about the group?

ozemouze;4277961 said:
The H.E.A.T. song is what I would identify as "melodic rock" (please feel free to correct me). Enjoyable listen.

Yes, you got that right, and that’s the category they’re usually filed under. But then they dared to release a pop song and everyone was furious, although they themselves never said they’re a melodic rock band. :laughing:

I love them, they’re all around nice guys who always hang out with the fans after each show. Very down to earth and hard working musicians. :)

Small anecdote about their singer Erik Grönwall: He got famous by winning “Swedish Idol” back in 2009, which is how the band – who had just lost their former singer – learned about him. Among many other songs, Erik did a rock rendition of Beat it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bpxu_jBpkjY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don’t understand Swedish, but from what I gather he got some pretty mixed feedback on that one. :laughing:

ozemouze;4277961 said:
I like the King’s X song, singing style, energy, overall style, everything! I don't get the Beatles vibe though (more like 80s new wave influence and Prince). Thanks again, it's a great discovery!

Yeah, their Beatles vibe is more obvious in songs that focus more on co-singer Ty Tabor, like this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rzEPkbPgdn0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you like them, you might want to check out some live performances, too. They’re amazing performers. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RNdj2Z8bw7E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ozemouze;4277961 said:
E.g. the "rolls dance" was actually captured on film before Chaplin, by Roscoe Arbuckle

I had heard about this, but never saw the video. Great find! Thanks for this, and for the bonus. :)(y)

:laurelhardydancing:

Xeones;4277994 said:
I won't make any threads like this anymore. I was just trying to vent and warn you guys not to go there. I had good intentions when posting it!

Let&#8217;s just take this thread and turn it into a good discussion about music. Let&#8217;s post examples of people of all races and from all walks of life making music together. And let&#8217;s all check out what others post, and listen and learn. :)

NatureCriminal7896;4277988 said:
Maybe it's best to not join that site if they treat Michael like trash. if there any other black artists on there then stay away completely because if they bashing on MJ they gonna bash on any black artists. racists hags.
So just because someone does not like Mike's music, they don't like any black singers/bands? I've never heard of this. I've seen some Janet Jackson fans bash Michael. Janet is black and his sister. I've also seen fans of Beyoncé, Prince, Terence Trent D'Arby, and other black artists who have said they don't like Mike's music or he doesn't play instruments like a Prince or he needed Quincy Jones to make his records. Some of the Beyhive say Beyoncé is better than Mike. Some black people have put down Mike as well, saying he sold out to get the mainstream audience or they say his music was better when he was with The Jacksons. They said the same about others such as Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Prince, etc. in that they are said to have watered down their music to get on pop radio. Whitney was booed at the Soul Train Awards one year and that is a majority black audience. On the 1990s comedy skit show In Living Color, there is a parody video about Whitney called Rhythmless Nation set to Janet's Rhythm Nation.
[video=youtube;naSAQ-xuTvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naSAQ-xuTvo[/video]

ScreenOrigami;4277958 said:
I must admit, I haven’t heard of those bands, but some death metal bands make some really wicked music, I just can’t deal with the growls. Personal taste, because I think it’s great that they’re doing this, it’s just not for me. :laughing:
Most of the metal I'm familiar with is glam metal because it was played on Top 40 radio and MTV a lot. Like Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Cinderella, Poison, etc.

NatureCriminal7896;4278005 said:
DuranDuran what you have with me?

I don&#8217;t know about DuranDuran, but I feel you&#8217;re currently not exactly spreading a lot of love here, while some people are trying to have a civilized discussion. ;)

I understand. but some people think when people vent and warn people is like some kind of a bad thing on this site. but i get you so no harm to you at all. just advice. :) it may be best to do blogs or PM people to vent about these things. because for some reason people get upset when people want to vent.

have a great day or night. :)

Well thank you but it all not like it seems though. we may be free but we not are when it comes to justice. most likely if your any but white. it's sad that this stuff still exists. come here if you want just be careful. you don't wanna go to the deep south though. too much stuff be going on and it's too hot in the summer. heck it's even kind of warm in the fall in winter months. the weather not sure what it wants here. i totally believe climate change because it been feeling like that for a few years now and they really need to do something about it.

I know about the racism but in Portugal there are a lot of racism too, especially in gipsys. And I'm sad that things in the States are like that especially in the south. But I would love to visit every state. Maybe one day, America is too expensive and far away from me!!

DuranDuran;4278001 said:
So just because someone does not like Mike's music, they don't like any black singers/bands?

Yup, that claim is just ridiculous. I know a lot of people who don&#8217;t care about MJ&#8217;s music for different reasons and still listen to other black artists. Some simply don&#8217;t like his style, for example, and prefer some good old blues à la John Lee Hooker instead.

DuranDuran;4278002 said:
Most of the metal I'm familiar with is glam metal because it was played on Top 40 radio and MTV a lot. Like Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Cinderella, Poison, etc.

Ha ha, yes. Some good stuff there, but a lot of it follows a radio friendly cookie cutter formula. Gotta love a good old schmaltzy power ballad with a soaring guitar solo. :D

Some guitarists from that era were very inventive, though. Everyone here probably knows Eddie Van Halen due to his solo on Beat it, but it&#8217;s also worth checking out Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and of course Yngwie Malmsteen for their groundbreaking work. :)

You may have seen Steve Vai in the 1986 movie &#8220;Crossroads&#8221; (not to be confused with Britney&#8217;s movie of the same name! :D ), that follows the journey of a young guitar player in his quest to find blues legend Robert Johnson&#8217;s lost song. Steve Vai plays the devil&#8217;s guitar player in a furious guitar duel that marks the showdown of the movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bMAkr_Z74E8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For me, certainly one of the highlights of this era. :)

-8983546276407974439.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_(1986_film)

Last edited:
This thread is fine. Don't worry about it. You can post what you like, as long as it's within the rules.

Taste is subjective, quality is not.
I hate religion but adore the architecture and music that emerge from it.

It's hard with Michael, because you've got all this tabloid kaka around him. But I really doubt that anyone with two ears and a brain would not start grooving to at least one of his songs. People are just uncomfortable when they think about a high-pitched ghost-like funny-moving man who screamed and hugged children. It's ruined forever, I'm afraid. Can't really blame people, you know...

ScreenOrigami;4278017 said:
You may have seen Steve Vai in the 1986 movie “Crossroads” (not to be confused with Britney’s movie of the same name! :D ), that follows the journey of a young guitar player in his quest to find blues legend Robert Johnson’s lost song. Steve Vai plays the devil’s guitar player in a furious guitar duel that marks the showdown of the movie.
:eek: And here I tought I'm the only one who knew this film! :listeningtomusic

ozemouze;4278068 said:
:eek: And here I tought I'm the only one who knew this film! :listeningtomusic

There are dozens of us. Dozens! :laughing:

Xeones;4278070 said:
Steve Vai is incredibly underrated, especially with teens where I live. It's sad.

And he&#8217;s an incredible live act, too! I have to admit, compared to other guitarists, some of his stuff isn&#8217;t easy to digest without actually sitting down to listen to it. Not surprising, considering his Frank Zappa background. :laughing:

Try and send them this video as a starting point. From my experience, everyone who sees this loves it and wants to dig deeper. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_gtUD5ncyNA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That man&#8217;s guitar tells stories.

Also, a good example that not all rock or metal videos just feature some dudes on a stage. ;)

Last edited:
Back