"A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

About time. I highly doubt the Cascios will ever reach out to him though nor the Estate. I am also kind of iffy on what new information the book would bring to the table.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Good luck with this project. I'm just going to continue listening to and enjoying the album.

- Good point about due diligence and talking to Estate, Sony and Cascio camps but unfortunately the group behind this project is highly anti-Cascio. The realistic person in me don't see the possibility of those parties collaborating with them on this

No one is anti Cascio. Only anti fake songs.

Last edited:

No one is anti Cascio. Only anti fake songs.

same difference IMO. my point also stays the same. How does that request for interview goes? "Hello we are a group of fans who strongly believes these songs are fake. We have raised $40,000 and writing a book to expose all that fraud, we will tell the truth. Will you be willing to do an interview with us?". Do we expect Cascio's etc to say "oh why yes I would love to do it" to that request? Be realistic. As I said realistically I don't see those parties to collaborate with a group of fans on a book that's aimed to be against them and accuse them of fraud.

Also if the songs proven to be fake and if you are anti-fake songs doesn't that make you a combination of anti-cascio, anti-estate, anti-sony? I mean who else could have faked the songs other than those 3 parties, magic elves? Is there anyone out there who thinks the songs to be fake but Cascio's to be faultless innocent parties and loves them?

Also I know you aren't like that but I wouldn't make generalizations with "no one". There have been really terrible things said about Cascios and so on. So there are people who are openly anti-Cascio, anti- Estate and anti-Sony.

r3mJf.gif

Well, only Eddie was directly involved in the tracks. Frank was the most outspoken about Michael Jackson as a friend while Eddie has only spoken on Oprah and the Making of Michael Album video. So some fans are partial to Frank as they like his book.

While I would consider myself anti-(Eddie) Cascio, I'm somewhat partial to the Estate and Sony, even though I do have some dislikes about them I am always looking forward to new releases etc.

Btw, MY NAME IS FRANK LIN NOT FRANK CASCIO! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RECORD! :p

New video about the kickstarter:

New video about the kickstarter:

Not new, it's the video that's on the kickstarter page :)

Not new, it's the video that's on the kickstarter page :)

Ah, ok lol. I haven't watched haha. I thought it was the same as the first video they put on youtube, my bad.

A FAQ has been added to the Kickstarter:

FAQ

Why do we need $40,000?
That's a great question. If you're thinking $40,000 is a lot of money, you’re right. It is a lot of money and that's why we’re here asking for your help.

First of all, we want to come right out and say that we do not intend to profit from this project.

In setting our funding goal, we can’t ask for anything less than it would take to complete this project because once we reach our goal, we’re not only committed, but also obligated to deliver everything we’ve promised.

So here’s an idea as to what it’s going to take to complete this project:

- Print production and distribution costs as it relates to both physical versions of the book
- First-hand research and expenses related to the investigation, including international travel
- Scientific analysis and forensic musicology
- Licensing fees as it relates to exclusive and relevant photography to be published in the book
- Legal fees as it relates to not only the elevated risks associated with investigative works, but also the legalities associated with a crowd-funded campaign of this nature
- Kickstarter and Amazon Payments commission obligations

There’s a lot to it and the reality is that without your support, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to complete this project. Every little bit helps and even if you’re not able to pledge today, we’d appreciate your likes, tweets, and shares just the same!

Last updated: Saturday Nov 9, 9:43am EST
Why is our campaign 35 days?
Kickstarter allows us to set the length of our campaign, so long as it ends within 60 days. We chose 35 days, and here’s why. There’s a little subtlety in our timing that some of you may have noticed. The track “Breaking News” first debuted on November 8, 2010… exactly three years prior to the start of the A Truth Untold campaign. The ‘Michael’ album was released in the U.S. exactly 35 days later, on December 14, the same day our Kickstarter campaign ends!

Last updated: Saturday Nov 9, 9:46am EST
Why not use a publisher to fund the release of this book?
Publishing is big business and like any business, its purpose is to profit. A publisher looks to take on works it intends to profit from. A financial obligation to deliver the most marketable and profitable product possible may dramatically shift the focus of this book away from documenting the real truth. It’s that very business model that’s partly being called into question by our investigation. We feel such an arrangement could potentially cloud the integrity of this particular project, even with the best intentions at heart.

Last updated: Saturday Nov 9, 9:46am EST
What happens if the Kickstarter campaign isn’t successfully funded? Will my credit card still be charged?
The Kickstarter FAQ page has answers to a lot of these general questions as it relates to backing a Kickstarter project. Check them out here:

Basically, if you pledge to back our project and it’s successfully funded, your card will be charged when the campaign ends. If our project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged.

Why is this back in controversy?

I guess you didn't notice it was completely removed from the board. This is a compromise. Bee happy you are even able to post the above question. If you want a platform "This Is It" Please feel free to use it, not to complain about where it's at but to discuss the campaign as those above are doing.

Listen carefully :heart:

http://youtu.be/Xtj_KnlYEG8

It was said yesterday that it would stay in the main news section as long as nobody started arguing etc, which I don't believe happened. So I think it is a fair question to ask why it was moved?

Why is this back in controversy?

You really need to ask this, perhaps reading the forum descriptions might give you a clue.

Plus, your lucky this thread is even here as its soliciting fans for money something I will not tolerate at MJJC.

And for the record I am not interested in the topic of this in fact if he does uncover anything good luck to him, however asking the fans to cough up $40,000 for his expenses is beyond a joke and wrong let alone for me right now there are far far more important issues that need our attention namely CM and WR, so forgive me for not wanting jump on this bandwagon I have better things to do.

And a thread note, no links to the kickstarter campaign are permitted as this is deemed as soliciting fans for money something that is not permitted on MJJC. Anyone posting links this thread will be removed.

And to add,

Ivy summed up my entire thought process on this,

A book from a fan with people who we already know everything about all one sided = pointless and a complete waste.

A lawsuit and subpoena's for all involved being asked questions under oath = priceless and worthy of any project to put this to bed.

The book isn't by one person interviewing a couple people about their opinions about the songs. This is a group of people who actually did real investigative work over 3 years to uncover what went on from the time these songs were supposedly recorded to their release. This is not information we already know otherwise there would be no point.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but in my opinion the Cascio tracks situation should be of great importance to every fan. I think it is to most.

In all honesty, Gaz' reaction above and on twitter is baffling to me. There are a number of projects promoted on and by MJJCommunity that ask people to contribute financially, including purchasing flowers (roses and sunflowers) to be placed on Michael's grave, paying for server maintenance costs, and attending events. Aside from the donation button on the main page, at least three threads in the 'News' section labeled as 'sticky' are soliciting money from fans.

A number of fans claimed in this thread we know everything already. This is, in my opinion, blatantly incorrect. What we know about the Cascio songs situation is limited to one official statement and a few twitter posts from Michael's family and musicians. After that, the whole situation was swept under the rug and everyone seemed to pretend it never happened.
We still have absolutely no clue how these songs came to existence, how and why they were selected for the project and who gave the green light to release them. For example, what I find extremely interesting is Michael Prince's involvement and it seems A Truth Untold will shed some light on that.

Michael Durham Prince is unquestionably the closest of Michael's collaborators from the last years, and was essentially an extension of Michael-the artist. All the songs Michael wrote and composed, MDP worked on them. All the voice recordings, and This Is It, MDP engineered them. He knows what Michael was doing and thinking, and he knows first hand what happened behind the scenes both in 2007 and in 2010, as he was heavily involved during both times. Yet he NEVER spoke about it publicly.

He just pledged to the kickstarter campaign, and a meeting with him is the top tier reward...

In all honesty, Gaz' reaction above and on twitter is baffling to me. There are a number of projects promoted on and by MJJCommunity that ask people to contribute financially, including purchasing flowers (roses and sunflowers) to be placed on Michael's grave, paying for server maintenance costs, and attending events. Aside from the donation button on the main page, at least three threads in the 'News' section labeled as 'sticky' are soliciting money from fans.

A number of fans claimed in this thread we know everything already. This is, in my opinion, blatantly incorrect. What we know about the Cascio songs situation is limited to one official statement and a few twitter posts from Michael's family and musicians. After that, the whole situation was swept under the rug and everyone seemed to pretend it never happened.
We still have absolutely no clue how these songs came to existence, how and why they were selected for the project and who gave the green light to release them. For example, what I find extremely interesting is Michael Prince's involvement and it seems A Truth Untold will shed some light on that.

Michael Durham Prince is unquestionably the closest of Michael's collaborators from the last years, and was essentially an extension of Michael-the artist. All the songs Michael wrote and composed, MDP worked on them. All the voice recordings, and This Is It, MDP engineered them. He knows what Michael was doing and thinking, and he knows first hand what happened behind the scenes both in 2007 and in 2010, as he was heavily involved during both times. Yet he NEVER spoke about it publicly.

He just pledged to the kickstarter campaign, and a meeting with him is the top tier reward...

You know what, I am not even going to take one second out of my precious online time to even respond to this inept attempt to try and belittle our support for various projects. It's not your business nor your concern how I run my fan club and what I choose to stand beside. And for the record it's server costs not maintenance - before you judge me get your facts right.

To Finnish this rip of to pay Sheilds bills, it is dead as far as MJJC is concerned - oh and with responses like yours I am one step away from an all out ban of any mention of this wasteful three year old argument oh and anyone even tries to solicit any of my member base instant bans will be implemented.

So how about you all do your bleeding of fans money for a pointless effort away from any of MJJC's platforms.

This is not information we already know otherwise there would be no point.

A number of fans claimed in this thread we know everything already. This is, in my opinion, blatantly incorrect.

I'm going to elaborate on this a little bit

First of all if people are wrong, the ATU team can tell us who they have already interviewed and so on. After all they are asking for financial support, they can get more support if they say "exclusive interviews with x,y,z" and so on. Why aren't they advertising this unknown information & sources for their advantage? They seem to love secrecy but at the time when they are asking for money they could provide more details to get more supporters. Currently they are trying to convince people that this is a worthwhile effort to financially support them. The more information, the more transparency would result in more support. If people have questions, concerns and if they are mistaken, why aren't they answering such questions and correcting such misconceptions?

Secondly given the posts on Damien's blog, I have no question in my mind that he probably already asked those collaborators of Michael what they think about Cascio songs. I know for a fact that one or more Jacksons have been talking to them (or their friend circle). Given Cory Rooney and Michael Prince as the top tier reward and so on there's no question in my mind that there have been some interviews have been done. But also from asking "travel costs" it's also apparent that some interviews aren't done either.

However that still isn't enough to convince me that the promise of the book can be delivered in regards to the "whole story". And I'll explain

- Some people have already talked about this stuff. For example Cory Rooney have commented about this a lot. I'm sure (given that he's a top tier reward) there will be a more detailed interview with him but to me that doesn't account for a substantial new information. I / We know the basis of his position, more details are fine but it won't be ground breaking.

- While interviews with Michael's collaborators - that had nothing to do with Cascio songs / Michael album- is nice, they don't bring much to the table in regards to this issue. We again know that some of MJ's collaborators think it's Michael on the songs and some don't. So such interviews is just the opinions of those people and only "he said - he said" situation.

- Whole story promise requires to be able to interview everyone involved. Given that in the interview video they say they'll invite Cascio's, Estate, Sony etc to discuss the topic with them, they actually do not have the whole story, they only have a hope. So it might turn into a promise they can't keep. As Alec said the side that did not talk or address this issue at all is the Cascio's, Estate and Sony. Without getting them to commit to take part in this I don't know how anyone can make claims of "whole story".

Also interestingly I'm not sure if the expectations versus planned the book is the same things. For example I'm sure that the donators are expecting the book to do the big reveal of "these songs are fake" however Damien's comments about being objective, definitely reaching out to Cascio's etc - if goes as planned- the book could be in the tone "this is what one side say, this is what the other side say" without making any definitive claims so I'm not sure if such book would satisfy the donators. Secondly again in the interview it was mentioned that reading the "whole story" would bring closure which given our great album debate and what people's expectations are (such as wanting the songs to be removed from discography) I don't see how a book will bring any closure. I'm confused as at least to me what the authors aim to do versus what people expect seems to be two different things - unless of course the authors are heavily biased and just using words as objectivity and such to just hid their bias.

which is a nice reward but truly a rich fan reward. at least $900 donation plus the travel costs, not everyone can afford it. I tend to think more in number but smaller in money amount rewards might have worked better. but the donations seems to be going strong so the rewards might not matter after all.

edited to add : While I personally prefer to be more neutral in this regard when compared to Gaz, honestly I wouldn't be baffled about any non support from MJJC. After all the founders of ATU haven't necessarily been kind to MJJC and it's staff members in the past.

I do not believe "campaigning for a lawsuit" would be helpful as perjury is a possibility and defendants can simply and endlessly say they do not remember.

If the book is released, an injured party(ies) can sue the author(s) for libel. However, an injured party(ies) would have to prove it is libel or simply ignore the book.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but in my opinion the Cascio tracks situation should be of great importance to every fan. I think it is to most.

Agreed. Michael's legacy is tainted with these questionable songs in his catalog.

Last edited:

Usually every artist's work is clearly defined into works authorized and signed off on while alive, vs. posthumous and published through an Estate. Most posthumous publications had the air of suspicion around them, some rightfully, some not. It's not as if "Monster" suddenly replaced Billie Jean in popularity, so my blood pressure remains fairly even keeled.

Btw, I think it's a lot to ask from a forum (and owner) to support a specific agenda (that in itself is not a negative connotation), when the same forum was combed through with a toothpick because two others cited rage and truth finding over Cascio songs in their illegal break ins into and downloads from Sony Servers. Of course one thing doesn't equal the other, but from an emotional point it is a lot to ask from a forum to be jumping up and down in joy when a specific issue is a such sore point for a reason.

There are a number of projects promoted on and by MJJCommunity that ask people to contribute financially, including purchasing flowers (roses and sunflowers) to be placed on Michael's grave, paying for server maintenance costs, and attending events

If I want to donate to those projects I know what I get for my money.

^ If you would read the FAQ and prices you get for pledging, you would know what you get you get for your money....

I do not believe "campaigning for a lawsuit" would be helpful as perjury is a possibility and defendants can simply and endlessly say they do not remember.

with this logic and there's no need for any lawsuit.

If the book is released, an injured party(ies) can sue the author(s) for libel. However, an injured party(ies) would have to prove it is libel or simply ignore the book.

not quite true.

In United States there's something called Defamation per se. Some statements are considered to be so bad just on the face value that they don't need any proof of damages. Accusations of criminal conduct - fraud is a criminal conduct - is seen as defamation per se. So when you accuse someone of a criminal conduct they don't need to prove it's defamation or they don't need to prove damages. They can simply sue you on the basis of defamation per se. The other party as a defense would need to prove what they said is the truth hence not defamation.

so unless you can back it up, it's somewhat risky to make claims of criminal conduct

Btw, I think it's a lot to ask from a forum (and owner) to support a specific agenda (that in itself is not a negative connotation), when the same forum was combed through with a toothpick because two others cited rage and truth finding over Cascio songs in their illegal break ins into and downloads from Sony Servers. Of course one thing doesn't equal the other, but from an emotional point it is a lot to ask from a forum to be jumping up and down in joy when a specific issue is a such sore point for a reason.

You are absolutely correct in this regard. Suddenly we are expected to forget everything. two people might have break in the Sony servers but there were more than that two who were in a quest to find the "truth" and causing not only legal problems to themselves and to MJJC but they were causing division. Similarly as I pointed out there have been a lot of negative name calling towards MJJC and the staff members in the past. So at least I personally think MJJC not being highly enthusiastic about this was expected.

A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Well, since my post was moved to this thread, I may as well comment here.
To everyone who talks about raising money for the lawsuit:

The cost of such a lawsuit would be about $400,000 just to take the case through discovery - I did my due diligence on this. That's an insane amount of money to raise among the fans - not realistic.

The only way to file a lawsuit is to find a lawyer that would take the case on contingency, but with the current state of affairs when the estate calims to have done forensic tests, it's also not realistic. The probability of settlement is not high enough for the lawyers to invest. That route has been checked.

Maybe there is a chance to move this forward if we do our own forensic expertise, as Ivy suggests. This is something that needs to be explored.

Last edited:
Re: A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

The only way to file a lawsuit is to find a lawyer that would take the case on contingency, but with the current state of affairs when the estate calims to have done forensic tests, it's also not realistic.

that basically translates to lawyers do not believe there's a winnable case. If they did, they would have taken it on a contingency basis such as KJ's lawsuit against AEG.

Then the question becomes if there's legally no way to cause any change -such as proving fraud, removing songs etc - will you be happy with a book about this subject. Will that help you to find closure and move on? If yes, by all means support it.

ps: Also as I said before, yes a forensic test is intriguing.

No, the closure for me would be only in case the songs are removed. But my wild hope is that the book will provoke a change - the case will get some publicity again, and someone new will come forward, or Sony/Estate will budge under the depreciating looks of MJ fans and collaborators and finally pull the songs from the album. I know the chances are not high, but I don't see what else can be done at this point. I'll support any action that publicly shows this issue is not buried. Michael's legacy is above all to me, and it deserves the fight.

For all we know, the book might be just too much for Jason, and he'll confess. It's impossible to know these things and I am reading a lot of assuming and knowing around here. Just support it, because you have very little to lose.

but I don't see what else can be done at this point.

there's a serenity prayer which goes like this "God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Back