"A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Ivy, I haven't heard one solid argument as to why it is impossible to have the songs removed from the album. If the Estate executors really respect Michael and his fans as much as they claim, this has to be at least an ongoing debate between them. I'll leave this matter alone as soon as either of the following happens:
1) I realize that the Estate doesn't really give a shit about fans or Michael's quality standards, and only cares about money (which I don't believe is the case), or
2) I learn that there is an objective legal barrier that makes it impossible for them to remove the songs.

Until then I'd rather put my time and money into something that might turn out positive for the memory of Michael.

Usually every artist's work is clearly defined into works authorized and signed off on while alive, vs. posthumous and published through an Estate. Most posthumous publications had the air of suspicion around them, some rightfully, some not. It's not as if "Monster" suddenly replaced Billie Jean in popularity, so my blood pressure remains fairly even keeled.

This is true, and not true. Of course, music lovers and hardcore longtime fans divide works into those released by the artist and those released posthumously. However, casual fans and new fans do not. If I decided to listen to Jimi Hendrix, for example, I wouldn't know one from the other, not would I care much. This is all Hendrix, right? If it was released, it must have been good enough for release. It must be representative of his art. In the same way, I see many school kids, post-2009 fans, who have "Monster" in the same playlist with "Billie Jean" and don't see the difference. The more time passes, the fewer hardcore fans Michael will have, and more fans will be in this casual fans group. Lines will get blurred for most people. This is just unfair to Michael. He didn't work all his life on every sound, every vocal take, to end up with this.

Last edited:
morinen;3928479 said:
Ivy, I haven't heard one solid argument as to why it is impossible to have the songs removed from the album.

2) I learn that there is an objective legal barrier that makes it impossible for them to remove the songs.

try to examine this further : Implied admission is an admission that can be reasonably inferred from the act or statement of a party, or from a party’s failure to perform an act or make a statement. It is also called as tacit admission.

Removing the songs would be an implied admission of wrongdoing (if they are legit there's absolutely no reason to remove them. If they are removed it would suggest that there's something wrong with them that warranted the removal). Therefore I consider removing songs as realistically and legally impossible. Feel free to disagree

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

if they are legit there's absolutely no reason to remove them. If they are removed it would suggest that there's something wrong with them that warranted the removal.

I assume they can be removed for quality reasons. They are not on par with Michael's other work, even his demos, in terms of production quality. I don't see any legal implications in saying "we respect fans' desire to get the highest quality music, as well as Michael's quality standards, therefore we have decided to raise the bar and not include these tracks in future issues of the album."

Michael dropped IJCSLY intro from Bad after the first pressing - it didn't mean the intro was not legit. It just didn't work out well with the listeners.

I assume they can be removed for quality reasons. They are not on par with Michael's other work, even his demos, in terms of production quality.

and that's the exact same thing when I said any removal would suggest that there's something wrong with them. Of course no one would say "we are removing them because they could be fake" but still there would be liability issues. Even with your quality argument the question becomes why only those songs and not any other demo?

and still it would be implied admission. Assume that you know nothing and then you hear there have been 3 songs released which caused quite the controversy about authenticity and then later on these songs and only these songs were removed claiming quality or whatever reason. What would a reasonable person would conclude when they add 1+1? Would they conclude the songs are indeed not legit and quality is just a cover to remove them?

Edited to add: your example of quality argument is pretty similar to product recalls. Even a product recall is generally voluntarily by the manufacturers it doesn't protect them from liability lawsuits.

ivy;3928158 said:
with this logic and there's no need for any lawsuit.

???

Apologies, if I am unclear. What I am saying is any lawsuit to discover the truth in this situation would have to have possible injured party(ies) to the claims in this pending book on the offensive end (as plaintiffs). In your suggestion, they are on the defensive end (defendants) which allows for perjury, memory lost, and even falsified forensics. Please understand I am not suggesting the injured party(ies) would do such; I am stating what is possible.

not quite true.

In United States there's something called Defamation per se. Some statements are considered to be so bad just on the face value that they don't need any proof of damages. Accusations of criminal conduct - fraud is a criminal conduct - is seen as defamation per se. So when you accuse someone of a criminal conduct they don't need to prove it's defamation or they don't need to prove damages. They can simply sue you on the basis of defamation per se. The other party as a defense would need to prove what they said is the truth hence not defamation.

so unless you can back it up, it's somewhat risky to make claims of criminal conduct

Agreed. However, it may depend on the how a judge interprets it. If the judge believes Michael’s catalog is a matter of public interest, the injured party(ies) would have to prove the statements are libel.

morinen;3928479 said:
In the same way, I see many school kids, post-2009 fans, who have "Monster" in the same playlist with "Billie Jean" and don't see the difference. The more time passes, the fewer hardcore fans Michael will have, and more fans will be in this casual fans group. Lines will get blurred for most people. This is just unfair to Michael. He didn't work all his life on every sound, every vocal take, to end up with this.

Agreed. I know fans are extremely divided regarding any and every subject regarding Michael however, when it comes to his musical legacy the division is disappointing. Michael is lost in the shuffle as sides are taken. This situation has gone on for far too long and Michael was the most damaged by it.

Even if this book never comes to pass, the truth never remains hidden.

Last edited:

Forget taking the songs off the album. Delete the album from the catalog. Stop pressing it and remove it from shelves. Disown every Cascio track and issue an apology. Simple. Then if I were them I would go after Eddie Cascio and James Porte.

I Like the Michael Album. Hold my Hand, HT, BoJ, Behind the Mask, Much too Soon...

???

Apologies, if I am unclear. What I am saying is any lawsuit to discover the truth in this situation would have to have possible injured party(ies) to the claims in this pending book on the offensive end (as plaintiffs). In your suggestion, they are on the defensive end (defendants) which allows for perjury, memory lost, and even falsified forensics. Please understand I am not suggesting the injured party(ies) would do such; I am stating what is possible.

you were very clear. You said you don't believe a lawsuit would be helpful as people can lie and say they don't remember when questioned. I said if we approach to lawsuits with that logic of "anyone can lie under perjury" no one will ever bother to file a lawsuit. In reality although yes there's a risk of one party lying under perjury still the lawsuits bring a lot of information. Look to KJ- AEG lawsuit, although Jacksons lost that lawsuit, although AEG people replied don't know / don't remember manner, wouldn't you agree that we know more than we did? So it would show that even it might not be perfect, lawsuits do help with information and uncovering "the truth" - more than a book would IMO.

you were very clear. You said you don't believe a lawsuit would be helpful as people can lie and say they don't remember when questioned. I said if we approach to lawsuits with that logic of "anyone can lie under perjury" no one will ever bother to file a lawsuit. In reality although yes there's a risk of one party lying under perjury still the lawsuits bring a lot of information. Look to KJ- AEG lawsuit, although Jacksons lost that lawsuit, although AEG people replied don't know / don't remember manner, wouldn't you agree that we know more than we did? So it would show that even it might not be perfect, lawsuits do help with information and uncovering "the truth".
Well, in this case, a different way of doing things has been chosen. With this book, we might even get more info then what the lawsuit would get. Damien has interviews and talked with... A LOT of people. And let's not forget, it's still another year from now according to plans, and he still got many more to talk to and explore.

We don't know who he has spoken to, we don't know what kind of contacts he really has, maybe be insiders? Family or friends of the Cascios? People who always knew something but didn't wanna say it publicly? Things like this, we can't know yet.

By supporting this project, you will "know more than we did". That's why you don't have anything to lose.

With this book, we might even get more info then what the lawsuit would get.

impossible. Lawsuits have a discovery phase in which you can demand for the raw recordings, all communications, unlimited number of questions, days , weeks of depositions and so on. (for example AEG lawsuit resulted in over hundred thousand pages of emails, main people were deposed for 5 days - 20 hrs or more) It's impossible that interviews for book will provide more info than a lawsuit discovery.

Damien has interviews and talked with... A LOT of people.

in the 16 minute interview he clearly stated he would also invite Cascio's, Estate and Sony. so the most important part - the other side - hasn't happened. He did not even invite them or secured their commitment.

As I said before "a lot of people" is nice but not really valuable - in my opinion- if they weren't directly involved in the album project. Because if they weren't involved it becomes their personal opinion or hearsay. Give me interviews with Eddie Cascio, James Porte, Jason Malachi, Branca, McClain and people directly involved in Sony and then we'll talk. Cory Rooney elaborating more on what he already said or musicians worked with Michael giving their opinions doesn't solve the truth of what really happened.

We don't know who he has spoken to, we don't know what kind of contacts he really has, maybe be insiders? Family or friends of the Cascios? People who always knew something but didn't wanna say it publicly? Things like this, we can't know yet.

and why can't they tell who they have spoken to? I'm not saying tell us what they know. But at this time they are asking for donations, they are trying to get people to support this but there's still a weird secrecy going on. Why can't they say "first time ever an exclusive interview with XYZ". That would not only correct the people - such as me- if they are wrong, it would also serve as a teaser and it could help with skeptical people and if indeed they got valuable interview and sources it can help people to support them more. So why not be more transparent ?

By supporting this project, you will "know more than we did". That's why you don't have anything to lose.

I'm not convinced that we will know more than we did. I haven't seen or told anything to convince me otherwise. I would prefer they answer these questions but what I think might not matter after all. Donations have been strong and steady.

I don't really understand how this project could expose the truth, do they have access to the necessary evidence for forensic testing? Interviews concern me as often they are simply people's opinions or people with an agenda.

That said, I wish the efforts well and hope the results bring closure rather than any more division.

Ivy, I think it's easy to say - there are no "raw" recordings. They are gone, deleted.

And I agree, interviews with people who were not directly involved, is not going to do very much. But remember, it's not easy for one to get an interview with them. Why would they bother that when they committed this fraud? There might be even more people involved in this than WE know, and Damien might have been or going to be in contact with them.

Why ask me why they can't tell who they have spoken to? Ignoring this. I think it would be good if Damien released some sort of exclusive important information that will matter before the kickstarter is over. Maybe he will?

there's a serenity prayer which goes like this "God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

What kind of advice is that!? :blink:

The truth needs to be exposed massively and get rid of those horrible tracks.

But remember, it's not easy for one to get an interview with them. Why would they bother that when they committed this fraud?

so you also agree that the "whole story" promise isn't probably going to happen. and false promises is a problem IMO. If it was me and if I did not secure commitment of all the parties, I wouldn't make promises of uncovering the whole story. Without Cascio, Estate and Sony, you could only have the one side of the story.

Why ask me why they can't tell who they have spoken to? Ignoring this.

well because you are making these assumptions that they have already talked to many people who have the information and keeping it a secret. I'm also very aware that Damien has been sharing what he uncovered with his close friends under the promise of secrecy. So all I'm saying if they have exclusive information which is worth while they can say so. They don't even need to tell what it is, just simply saying "exclusive interviews with x,y,z" would be enough. It's called a teaser. Do you know how many times publishers sent us/me a chapter from an upcoming book so that we can see the contents and hopefully support it? Such information and sharing can only help them to get more supporters.

I think it would be good if Damien released some sort of exclusive important information that will matter before the kickstarter is over. Maybe he will?

well that's exactly what I said. I don't even ask for the information, just more details about his sources or the contents of the book etc at least would be enough.

What kind of advice is that!? :blink:

it's a prayer not an advice. but yeah I do think some expectations are unrealistic wishful thinking.

ivy;3928616 said:
you were very clear. You said you don't believe a lawsuit would be helpful as people can lie and say they don't remember when questioned. I said if we approach to lawsuits with that logic of "anyone can lie under perjury" no one will ever bother to file a lawsuit. In reality although yes there's a risk of one party lying under perjury still the lawsuits bring a lot of information. Look to KJ- AEG lawsuit, although Jacksons lost that lawsuit, although AEG people replied don't know / don't remember manner, wouldn't you agree that we know more than we did? So it would show that even it might not be perfect, lawsuits do help with information and uncovering "the truth" - more than a book would IMO.

I agree with you a lawsuit should ensue however, if the injured party(ies) in this situation are not on the offensive side, wrongdoing will most likely not be admitted in court; it will be avoided [as shown above].

ivy;3928625 said:
impossible. Lawsuits have a discovery phase in which you can demand for the raw recordings, all communications, unlimited number of questions, days , weeks of depositions and so on. (for example AEG lawsuit resulted in over hundred thousand pages of emails, main people were deposed for 5 days - 20 hrs or more) It's impossible that interviews for book will provide more info than a lawsuit discovery.

It is not impossible. Evidence can be utilized or ignored by jurors however they so choose.

In the instance of these three songs, evidence brought forth in a lawsuit can very well be ignored in a verdict when the injured party(ies) are on the defensive end. The only way for the injured party(ies) to prove the claims in a pending book are libelous is if they are on the offending end.

Again, if a book is completed, the injured party(ies) can decide to ignore it or clear their names in a libel suit. Claims in the book (if completed) would have to be proven libelous if a judge believes Michael’s catalog is a part of public interest. The injured party(ies) would then be on the offensive side and would have to prove those tracks are authentic.

The past has shown these assertions will continue to be ignored by the injured party(ies) and some fans do not know or care about how those three faux tracks damaged Michael’s legacy. No book written gives the “whole story” and no author ever states every point (and interview) that will be published in a book before publication so these ideals/demands are unrealistic.

With that said, where is the harm in the book being published that exposes a truth this group may discover? This book MAY lead to closure in that those tracks will eventually be removed completely from Michael’s catalog if this book initiates a legal proceeding by the injured party(ies).

Last edited:

Admin Note: Thread cleaned. Just as this thread will not be used to discuss or debate the authenticity of the Cascio tracks. It will also not be used to discuss or debate you views /opinions of the verdict of the AEG Trial. The context AEG was mentioned in this thread was used as a reference, not as an invite for members to come in to discuss or debate their views on the AEG trial in this thread. Please everyone move on from that discussion. To make sure this thread stays on topic. Any further AEG trial discussion will be deleted from this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation requests on the board.

Tygger;3928733 said:
Evidence can be utilized or ignored by jurors however they so choose.

who cares about the jurors in this example? If it wasn't clear I never advocated for taking it to trial or getting a favorable verdict. my whole point have been the discovery phase of a lawsuit can and will result in more information. what jurors might do is irrelevant to my suggestion.

No book written gives the “whole story” and no author ever states every point (and interview) that will be published in a book before publication so these ideals/demands are unrealistic.

I'm thinking you did not watch the interview with Damien and read the definition. I did not make such demands, that's what he promised. "get to the root of exactly what happened", "all the information laid to the table", "we will know what happened". This is what they say on their own description "A successfully funded campaign will allow this mystery to unfold, and for the whole truth to finally be told".

so as you can see it's not my ideals or my demands. It's what they are promising. I on the other hand is saying that those seem to be not realistic given they did not secure interviews with the opposite side.

With that said, where is the harm in the book being published that exposes a truth this group may discover?

harm? no harm. benefit? might not be much either

The world would only know what is in the discovery phase if the case was to go to trial. At that time, it is far better to have a party injured by the proposed book on the offensive end. That is the benefit of the book. Suggestions where the more powerful party is on the defensive end can lead to all that I stated before.

The Estate, Sony, and/or Cascio may very well participate through interviews via their legal representatives (as the Estate did with Sullivan) so we cannot rule that option out.

The world would only know what is in the discovery phase if the case was to go to trial.

incorrect. look to what's going on in regards to Tom Cruise right now for example. His deposition in a defamation lawsuit is being reported in great detail. As long as there's no confidentiality agreement depositions etc can be made public when filed with the court. In the Tom Cruise example, he sat down for a deposition, the deposition was filed with the court, there was no confidentiality/sealing so the media got it and reporting it like crazy. Similarly in the past the depositions of Michael became public.

From what I understand from the interview, the book will be laid out as more of play by play of the goings on from the supposed time of the recording of the tracks up to the release, rather than "we think it's not Michael singing because...". Now we don't know how much information they have uncovered, but it's very possible to uncover the goings on without speaking a word to Cascio or Porte. It's not even about having "both sides". It's about having the facts of what actually went down during this time period. I believe that is what they are trying to achieve.

Seems like a lot of money down a rabbit hole to me without the guarantee that key players --Cascio, executors, etc. -- have agreed to be interviewed/participate in the project and grant access to source materials and master recordings. And unless they were under oath, the interviews wouldn't have any legal weight anyway. I'm also leery of any "investigative" group that works backwards. Their "truth" is the recordings are fake, no?

Last edited:
ivy;3928892 said:
incorrect. look to what's going on in regards to Tom Cruise right now for example. His deposition in a defamation lawsuit is being reported in great detail. As long as there's no confidentiality agreement depositions etc can be made public when filed with the court. In the Tom Cruise example, he sat down for a deposition, the deposition was filed with the court, there was no confidentiality/sealing so the media got it and reporting it like crazy. Similarly in the past the depositions of Michael became public.

Cruise’s deposition is being reported for gossip purposes as was the case with Michael’s depositions. As you have stated, there was no sealing of those depositions in place. The full depositions were not released to the public for their review during the discovery phase. Media outlets reported on the sections they felt the public and more importantly, their readers, would feel were valuable thereby garnering these outlets a profit.

At the end of the day without direct access to the tapes without direct access to any factual evidence and no input from the Cascio's, Estate and Sony this book will be very much a one sided anti Michael "Album" book, thus will have no validity or credibility.

Thus I feel based on the above its shameful that they want the fans to fund it.

He offers nothing for your money not even any form of exclusive we will have detailed information from etc who was at the house was with Michael at the time these recordings were said to take place - NOTHING

That for me makes it dead in the water and no fans should not be putting money forward to fund it.

but it's very possible to uncover the goings on without speaking a word to Cascio or Porte.

yes why would anyone need to talk to the people who were actually there? Seriously?

It's not even about having "both sides". It's about having the facts of what actually went down during this time period.

how can you have the "facts" without talking to both sides? With hearsay, gossip and speculation?

I’ve long advocated the use of kickstarter to get to the bottom of this controversy. And I am absolutely interested in funding this, BUT, like others have pointed out, this will have any value ONLY if the authors of the project are objective, and are willing to go where the evidence leads them, and not where they want the evidence to go.

That means not only talking to the anti-Cascio side, but also the pro-Cascio side. It means, obviously, talking to Eddie, Porte and the Estate. And it means not disregarding every piece of information that doesn’t match up with the hoax theory.

Damien Shields has never struck me as an objective man. And like others have pointed out, the investigative method implies that you start with a question, find information, and draw a conclusion. It’s not supposed to go backwards, with the conclusion first.

Last edited:
ivy;3929110 said:
yes why would anyone need to talk to the people who were actually there? Seriously?

how can you have the "facts" without talking to both sides? With hearsay, gossip and speculation?
How do you know Porte and Cascio were the only ones there?????? You are not the only one assuming things here

kreen;3929168 said:
I’ve long advocated the use of kickstarter to get to the bottom of this controversy. And I am absolutely interested in funding this, BUT, like others have pointed out, this will have any value ONLY if the authors of the project are objective, and are willing to go where the evidence leads them, and not where they want the evidence to go.

That means not only talking to the anti-Cascio side, but also the pro-Cascio side. It means, obviously, talking to Eddie, Porte and the Estate. And it means not disregarding every piece of information that doesn’t match up with the hoax theory.

Damien Shields has never struck me as an objective man. And like others have pointed out, the investigative method implies that you start with a question, find information, and draw a conclusion. It’s not supposed to go backwards, with the conclusion first.
SO if Eddie, Porte and the Estate refuses to give Damien any sort of interview - - - - - - - you won't support this project?

How do you know Porte and Cascio were the only ones there?????? You are not the only one assuming things here

SO if Eddie, Porte and the Estate refuses to give Damien any sort of interview - - - - - - - you won't support this project?

I'll have to talk to Damien : what exactly is he going to do? What will he do with all the facts/statements that will contradict the hoax theory? Will he reject them out of hand? Will he also talk to the people who hold that the songs are real? Will he basically have a "challenge function" in his team, i.e. someone who will challenge every argument and fact? Because that's how you get to the truth, otherwise it becomes a one-sided vanity project -- basically a book-form version of any one of his blog posts.

But the big question is this : why not launch a lawsuit instead? Why not take that money and invest it in a lawsuit? We could learn more from the discovery phase of a lawsuit than from a 100 interviews, because we'd be dealing with official and objective fact, not opinions.

For instance, we could learn :

- whether affidavits were signed by Eddie/Porte
- WHEN exactly it was first claimed by them that they had MJ songs WITH MJ'S VOICE ON THEM (as opposed to just songs associated with MJ/that MJ had worked with)
- what the results of the forensic tests are
- whether there were previous lawsuits considered by the Jacksons
etc.

Has Damien tried to get a lawsuit going? Because I'd be behind THAT in an second!

The Estate, Sony, and/or Cascio may very well participate through interviews via their legal representatives (as the Estate did with Sullivan) so we cannot rule that option out.

I also believe any lawsuit with the above parties on the offensive would fare much better than any lawsuit where they are defendants and that is the only type of lawsuit Shields or similar could initiate.

ivy;3929110 said:

Eddie and Frank never showed us evidences that MJ sung those songs. They always stayed in silence or saying stupid things like "he sung in the shower", etc....

The Estate never showed us the forensic analysis.....

This is the time for Damien and the other three to speak about what they found. I really don´t need to know what they found because for me it´s pretty clear. Frank Dileo, Roger Friedman, Eddie Cascio, Frank Cascio and James Porte colaborated with Jason Malachi to create and promote those songs, There is no more, hear me again, NOTHING MORE.

There are tons of evidences, audio comparison etc... and this is a sad story for every MJ fan.

By the way, Damien could take what Eddie, Frank, Jason or DiLeo said before and expose their lies. There is no need to have the other side because all of them not speak much about this issue and never try to help the fans.

This is the only thing i want to say about this matter. I hope everything goes well for the people involved on the proyect.

...this book will be very much a one sided anti Michael "Album" book, thus will have no validity or credibility.

Thus I feel based on the above its shameful that they want the fans to fund it.

He offers nothing for your money...

... and no fans should not be putting money forward to fund it.

Sometimes humans behaviour is incredible: they know that they will be cheated and nevertheless will they do something.
An example:
In the end of 2009 in Germany there was written a book with the title 'The Michael Jackson Code' (or so). The writer was somebody with the pseudonym 'Ares Einstein' (Ares, the war god of the ancient Rom and Einstein how the mathematic thinker). This writer had collected all conspiracy theories from all MJ-Fora in Eurpoe and US and stuffed it to a book. Although very fast this was known nevertheless many fans bought this book.
There is no logical explanation for such behaviour and I think maybe for some it is simply a satisfaction to read their own theories in a book what is to buy in a store and they could think 'Now, how it is in a openly book it must be true.'
(Maybe J.W.v.Goethe is the reason for that with his sentence "What you have in black in white, you can take home with confidence"... I don't know...).

I did no pursue this discourse about the inciminated 3 songs since a long time because 100% Michael or not this album is made with so much love and so much respect and all the songs as a whole are pieces of Michael's life. For me it is really an "Michael"-Album and it is a honour to Michael. Only that is important. (imo)

Back