"A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

This means the concern was primarily about securing this team's failure using the outlet available to them and Michael's musical legacy is a distant thought if one at all.

If this team is not funded, it will be interesting to see if anyone will take on this task. Maybe those who feel they know better will do better.

Someone needs to explain to me why you are all equating a book is required for the truth or that they can't do what they wanted to do in an alternative way.

I understand that they wanted a fancy way of a book (softcover, hardcover), travel internationally, license photos, get a forensic analysis etc. but what is stopping them from releasing what they uncovered until now on their website/blog, use the interest from it to fund the forensic test and do interviews online and keep this as an ongoing investigation.

Perhaps it's just me but I think they can still do what they wanted to do in an alternative way. I don't get "it has to be a book" and "without a book they can't share their investigation" logic.. so perhaps like I said someone might want to explain that to me.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Never said much until now. I am a much older fan - some 66 years old. A fan since the very beginning with J5 and a collector with a HUGE collection of Michael's music and also memorabilia. Guess you could say I have a little experience. I have no intention of donating a halfpenny because I honestly think it a waste of time.From all I have read on this thread I find little evidence that anything is going to be discovered, pure speculation at the moment. I don't want to be part of a book, however fancy it could end up looking, that doesn't tell me 100% of what the authors allege is 'the truth'. This is my opinion and how I really feel about everything.

If all the facts are put out there, including those which support both sides of the coin, then fans can make up their own mind. The facts are the facts after all, and once it's all out there and the truth is out, regardless of what it may be, then it's done. And we can only move forward from there.

Funding is a two party proposition so yes, fans do have to shoulder blame if the initiative is not funded which equates to inactivity. It is our response, active or inactive, that is our own legacy.

If this initiative is not funded, there are some who will feel a sort of vindication. This means the concern was primarily about securing this team's failure using the outlet available to them and Michael's musical legacy is a distant thought if one at all.

Still on that one-way highway.

Shift the blame and question the bona fides of other fans if that makes it easier but it doesn't change the problems with the initiative that affected funding. (I think it does explain why so many fans have been turned off from this debate though.)

Let's not turn this into a Cascio debate.

Thread cleaned: (Some posts were edited or deleted) As stated on the opening Post: Please do not use this thread to discuss or debate the authenticity of the Cascio tracks. We have a Great Debate thread available in controversy forum for that discussion.
Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board.

Although I do have concerns about many aspects of this project, I kind of like the idea of having a physical book with all the information instead of just a blog or website. I feel a published book "may" bring more media attention and possibly others to the table willing to speak up. I would like to suggest they also create a website/ blog along with the book to post excerpts from the book and any updates or valid information they may receive because of the book.. I don't think the book will resolve all the issues and don't know if it will bring out any more info than I already know, but it will bring information to the public eye, more so than just a website IMO. Plus many fans are not aware of the reasons these songs are questionable to some, beyond just the way they sound. (I realize fans will be the majority who purchase) Plus I personally think having it published will bring more credibility to the concerns many fans have.

I don't think this should be causing division between fans. You either want to support the book or you don't for what ever reasons. I think both sides have valid points and concerns about this project and I respect that. Some may have other opinions, but I'm not interested in changing your mind or opinion or in debating my own. Just stating mine right or wrong in your eyes for the record.

One reason I can think of for Damian choosing tho book route is perhaps because he wants to be a writer? A book about an undercover investigation into the « hoax» of the century could certainly open doors for him the way a website wouldn't.

It's very important to me, so I'll flog the dead horse until it starts breathing again ;)

You and me both brother!

Ivy, no one can answer that question except this team and they are accepting questions.

This team chose the way they want to release the information they have; it is simply their choice. Without proper funding, they may very well seek an alternative route that will either allow them the result they want- a book – or some other resulting product (which may still be unsatisfactory to others). Regardless, whoever owns the task decides how their information will be housed and distributed if they are inclined to share. They own this task.

Krizkil, there is a surface view regarding funding and then there is a big picture view that goes beyond funding and includes Michael’s musical legacy and fans’ reactions. There is also accountability and fans shoulder that whether they want to or even realize it. If fans unified to petition against these songs years ago, there would be no need for this team’s current activity. Instead there was infighting and division among some fans regarding those songs while others choose to remain blissfully ignorant that there is an issue.

This team may hold the key to resolving that debate. If they truly hold that truth, the truth will be publicized one way or another. An unfunded initiative will not be able to hinder that. Again, this is this team's beginning, it is not their end.

Last edited:
Tygger;3937302 said:
Krizkil, there is a surface view regarding funding and then there is a big picture view that goes beyond funding and includes Michael’s musical legacy and fans’ reactions. There is also accountability and fans shoulder that whether they want to or even realize it.

How so? Sorry, but I find your application of accountability very inconsistent.

Tygger;3937302 said:
This team may hold the key to resolving that debate. If they truly hold that truth, the truth will be publicized one way or another. An unfunded initiative will not be able to hinder that. Again, this is this team's beginning, it is not their end.

I believe the "may" and "if" were exactly part of the problem with the initiative. $40k really needed more clarity than offered and you've unintentionally illustrated our very point here. There certainly are other methods of getting "the truth" out, if that is the ultimate goal.

Last edited:

Krizkil, again, they are the owners of this tasks so regardless of other options this is the option this team chose. They may choose another option or they may not. What is the true complaint here? That the result is a book or they requested $40k to fund the resulting book? Would it be more acceptable to request $40k for a blog post or less monies for a book? If no funding option or no resulting product is acceptable (their next method and any and every method after that may be considered unsatisfactory for some) is that their issue for not being able to please everyone or is that an issue for those criticizing?

You may feel fans have no accountability however I believe they do. Michael's legacy is solidified albeit compromised by these tracks. Fans' are accountable for their response to it.

Am I the only one that's excited by the aspect of knowing of Michael's last three years in the recording studio? I know the Cascio issue is the main reason this book was fueled in the first place, but common sense tells us that nothing particularly interesting will be revealed. At least not without testimonies from James Porte, Eddie Cascio or Jason Malachi themselves.

Damien, however, has spoken to Rodney Jerkins and Michael Prince and Dr. Freeze, who could give him insight like no one else on the board. We'll get quite the treat in that section!

Krizkil, again, they are the owners of this tasks so regardless of other options this is the option this team chose. They may choose another option or they may not. What is the true complaint here? That the result is a book or they requested $40k to fund the resulting book? Would it be more acceptable to request $40k for a blog post or less monies for a book? If no funding option or no resulting product is acceptable (their next method and any and every method after that may be considered unsatisfactory for some) is that their issue for not being able to please everyone or is that an issue for those criticizing?

Hmm, that last sentence is convoluted so I'm not certain I understand what you're asking -- what the future holds? I'll judge the next plan on its merits just as I did with this initiative and participate, or not, accordingly. As to the other questions, I and others have stated our concerns about this project. Scroll back.

You may feel fans have no accountability however I believe they do. Michael's legacy is solidified albeit compromised by these tracks. Fans' are accountable for their response to it.

Well, I ask again, how so? Fans have been pretty vocal about the album from the get-go and had no hand in the tracks' origins, inclusion or release; accountability clearly lies elsewhere. As others have pointed out, posthumous releases are viewed with a critical eye by their very nature so I don't see how they've conceivably compromised MJ's legacy in any way. (Thanks to the controversy, there will always be a cloud of suspicion over them.)

Last edited:

Krizkil, There is nothing convoluted about that post.

I wish this team success and I truly hope they will persist and succeed in getting published. Although their first attempt to secure funding may not be successful, I hope they understand they DO indeed have support.

How about everyone just gives me the $40,000 and I turn the Great Debate thread into a book - after all it seems pretty clear that there will be nothing more than is already flogged in there, oh and that thread will I'm sure cover more than 161 pages so even better value for the money.

Joking aside its pretty clear this was never going to reach its target based on the information or lack of given about who they are going get to talk on record and what new evidence they were going to uncover, perhaps if they were more transparent then a larger end result would have been achieved.

Anyway six days to go no where even near half way this for me is over - I will watch with interest what they plan to do next, I just hope they have read this thread to get a clearer understanding of the fans concerns and start over with a better project model.

Admin note: Everyone, please move on from these side arguments that do not apply to the topic of the thread and get back on Topic. If you wish to continue discussing your personal disputes take it to PM . Further post not on topic will be deleted.
Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board

Thread cleaned.

Re: The Cascio Tracks Controversy

Since all hard evidence has been removed from earth by Eddie Cascio (vocal working files)
this is left to be a matter of listening competence and believe. (Even for people at Sony,
Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien or other overrated experts who are meant to be professional enough to judge about it.)

Just like the question about the existence of god is a question of sense for reality and believe.
Believe if you want to believe. Don't if you don't like that smell of getting fooled.

This kickstarter project is a WASTE of time and money for everyone who supports this.
It makes no sense to try to fuel this topic up again. The truth will never officially come out. Live with it.

Not to mention that there are different more important and more current topics that people should worry about.

Am I the only one that's excited by the aspect of knowing of Michael's last three years in the recording studio? I know the Cascio issue is the main reason this book was fueled in the first place, but common sense tells us that nothing particularly interesting will be revealed. At least not without testimonies from James Porte, Eddie Cascio or Jason Malachi themselves.

Damien, however, has spoken to Rodney Jerkins and Michael Prince and Dr. Freeze, who could give him insight like no one else on the board. We'll get quite the treat in that section!

You're not the only one-I'd love it too. Ever since I was a kid I would devour biographies on the backstage stories of old Hollywood movies, musicals, theatre productions and music that I loved with a passion. And I'd love to hear these studio stories-maybe they could get Joe Vogel to be a collaborator on what they have-he has a real way with words-I've read his book at least a dozen times already. I just love it.

Although I do have concerns about many aspects of this project, I kind of like the idea of having a physical book with all the information instead of just a blog or website. I feel a published book "may" bring more media attention and possibly others to the table willing to speak up. I would like to suggest they also create a website/ blog along with the book to post excerpts from the book and any updates or valid information they may receive because of the book.. I don't think the book will resolve all the issues and don't know if it will bring out any more info than I already know, but it will bring information to the public eye, more so than just a website IMO. Plus many fans are not aware of the reasons these songs are questionable to some, beyond just the way they sound. (I realize fans will be the majority who purchase) Plus I personally think having it published will bring more credibility to the concerns many fans have.

I don't think this should be causing division between fans. You either want to support the book or you don't for what ever reasons. I think both sides have valid points and concerns about this project and I respect that. Some may have other opinions, but I'm not interested in changing your mind or opinion or in debating my own. Just stating mine right or wrong in your eyes for the record.

I agree totally!!!
I think a book would reach more people & be considered more legit. I think it's a great idea & was very impressed that they raised over $20,000 for a book not to be published for a year.

^^

They got pledges for $20,000 but as they didn't meet their goal they will not get any money. That's how kickstarter works. If they want to collect money for a lesser amount, they would need to start another collection campaign.

Interested to see their next move.

I wonder whatever happened to this?

Back