A year later, how is the new generation of fans?

After being a Michael Jackson fan for nearly 30 years. I happen to like seeing the new fans. Though I will admit almost a year ago I did not like it. But I have since change my mind about them. And I really do think it is great to see new fans of Michael. I want to turn my 2 little nephews in to Michael Jackson fans. They are 1 and almost 4 years old now.

I can't say I am a new or old fan. I always admired, respected and had sympathy for him. There was a post awhile back that said something about not giving a crap about him in 2005. Well, some of us didn't give a crap about the trial because we knew it was BS. I just happen to be more active since June 25th, 2009.

I'm new and forever will love Michael Jackson! and I'll convince friends of mine to see how wonderful he is too! all you gotta do is show some cute gifs of him messing about and people just start laughing and fallin in love with his character. we spread the L.O.V.E.!!

I want to turn my 2 little nephews in to Michael Jackson fans. They are 1 and almost 4 years old now.

hahaha Show them the videos with routine dance, chlidren love see dance. I made this with my 12 years old sister and work out!

I think that's new generation of fans that will carry on the Michael's legacy!

I'm new and forever will love Michael Jackson! and I'll convince friends of mine to see how wonderful he is too! all you gotta do is show some cute gifs of him messing about and people just start laughing and fallin in love with his character. we spread the L.O.V.E.!!

Yes this work out with somebody. But not with my friends :( I have just 2 persons that share with me the love for Michael.

I am younger (I'll be 20 in September). I've been listening to Michael's music since I was really young, my mom always liked his music, etc. I remember seeing the "Scream" video when I was around 5 (?) and just loving it. Of course, being so young, I never understood the media drama or anything. I just knew I loved his music. In 2001, with Invincible, I became a bigger fan! I remember buying the CD the day it came out and watching him on TRL in Times Square. "You Rock My World" was my jam. I was around 11yrs old at this point. I made my dad buy me all his past CD's for Christmas. I always thought he was innocent.

As young as I was, I had watched Living with MJ (ugh!) and could tell things were skewed. I guess I was 13 when that documentary came out. However, it wasn't until the day he passed that my heart just broke. I still remember driving in the car and my heart just sank; I couldn't believe he was GONE. I hadn't been paying as much attention to him in the past few years but June 25th jut brought it all back and why I loved him so much. The whole drive home (almost an hour) every.single.radio.station was playing MJ and I discovered a lot of new music I hadn't heard that night. So I came home and cried after watching hours upon hours of YouTube videos I had never seen. So I guess I became a much bigger fan after June 25th; but I was *always* a fan. Just in a different sense, I guess?

I also think it's wonderful that new fans are just joining in. It's how we will keep his legacy alive. My 6yr old brother is a huge fan. MJ is pretty much all he listens to honestly lol. Ever since June 26th and he saw the Smooth Criminal video on tv and he was hooked. For a year, MJ has been in my lil bro's cd player. As a matter of fact, tonight we spend 6 hours watching the Jackson's movie on and off. And now FUSE is airing all of Michael's videos and before he fell asleep, he requested it to be recorded so he can watch it in the AM. :) I think it's sooo sweet that my bro admires him so much and he has a new favorite MJ song every few weeks, lol. Even my 3yr old halfsister watches Black or White video over and over again. Those are the fans that will keep his legacy alive even after I'm gone.

Gah. I miss him. :(

I can understand veterans fans sometimes getting their backs up about new fans but I would like to say, like many here, I never dissed MJ in any way, in fact when people said bad things about him in 2005 I backed him, not that I new much about him. The eyes are the window to the sole my mother has always said, His eyes were sooo sad and lonely. At that time I was just living my life. Except when I was 13-14 (a Wham fan) I never was a fan of anyone, I just liked to dance and sing, and enjoy life, After MJ died I had 2 or 3 spiritual experiences, THAT is when I became a full on fan. I know how hard it is to come in a thread read it want to say something but worry someone will bite your head off. I have found almost all MJJC fans just beautiful.
I will never get the Chance to go to a concert, or see him in person this is what gives me regret:( I am holding up just OK today:(
by the way Roxa cool thread:)

I say welcome to all the new fans how lovely to see new people discovering and appreciating Michael. The more people loving Michael the better that means less haters. Keeping Michael's legacy alive is the most important thing and new fans who are willing to stand up for Michael and defend him when needed and spread his message of love are more then welcome!!

Maybe the fans you are talking about have finaly researched,read up and Listened to his Music and his Message and relized what is being said about him is not the truth. I'd like to believe they could change and see the real Michael.Like others are saying the more people who Love him the better.

Susannah xx

I love all people who like Mike, new or old It doesnt bother me as long as they can honestly say they are a fan.

In my opinion its silly saying why wernt you following him around 24/7, why wernt you at the court house, why didnt you care before....... Alot of people dont have the time or finances to drop everything and run around the world(I didnt like the people who stalked him but thats for another day), People are allowed to make mistakes, people are allowed to change their opinions and some times people didnt know the true facts and only knew what they heard and now are learning from better sources..... but regardless of that they have now welcomed Mike into their life's and mike would have welcomed them so we should to!

the man is a Musical Genius and is timeless and he always attracted all age ranges, races and backgrounds,etc.. anyway the only thing that is ever up for dispute is hearing and being around when certain albums came out.

i mean you had to be there to understand Off the wall and thriller and the domination. Michaelmania was unlike anything you had ever seen. it was the complete opposite of what his life was like from late 93-05.

I agree that we should welcome all new fans! It is upsetting that there were people who used to make fun of him or believe the lies, but at least they changed their minds. That's what we want, after all. I wish more people would have when he was still alive, but it's still not too late to love him! The more people who love Michael, the better! :wub:

Thanks ppl for the posts.

I agree with all of you.

There are fans today that didn't have time or just was taking care of their lives and didn't follow MJ. Also there are fans that changed their opinions about Michael because didn't know so much about him. It's natural, you hear a thing today and tomorrow you know that it wasn't truth.

And about the privilege that the ''old fans'' had in to follow Michael, to watch shows and tours, to see the come out of albums... it's wonderful for these ppl. I envy them for this. Oh God, what I would give to can watch only one show!!! Other day I knew that the album History came out on the day of my birth. I said: ''I just was 2 years but if I was more older could be great go out and buy the cd as gift''

I think new fans should feel upset for not having seen these things. I feel this.

I've been a fan for over 30 years and I would happily stand next to someone that had just discovered Michael and consider us equal. There is no room for hatred or judgement on these forums - especially not today.

I've been a fan for over 30 years and I would happily stand next to someone that had just discovered Michael and consider us equal. There is no room for hatred or judgement on these forums - especially not today.

This is the kind of thing that I would like to read when I created this thread. It hurts when I hear someone say he died''Just because everyone is now a fan of Michael Jackson''. It isn't this way, who say this doesn't understand.
Thanks.
:D

I became a fan after...
But I always stood up for Michael when people talked crap about him even though I wasn't really aware of his music; the man himself, I already liked and had an interest in, which is I suppose, odd for a 16 year old growing up in a time where Michael wasn't performing or releasing music and where people everywhere made jokes and never learnt the real truth. I knew he was a genius and I knew he was a good man.
(I created a thread explaining this quite a few months ago)

Learning about Michael this past year has taught me so much--the way in which a person should live their lives with love for the world without any prejudice and to think more than twice about what the media says. It's something that I will never forget and I certainly will not stop loving Michael with all my heart. His legacy will continue on forever and, when I have children in the future I'm gonna pass on all the knowledge I have.

I think by now most of the trendy stragglers have fucked off, which is good because they were annoying, but all the legitimate real fans who became fans after 6/25/09 are great. :)

Additional note: Newer fans who lecture long-time fans about stuff are lame as hell, and I'm not just talking about one person. I've had a FEW people who became MJ fans post death tell me that I'm not a loyal fan or a "real fan" because I like somebody or because I don't care about something (I'm not personally interested in the death case at all, for instance, mostly because legal stuff bores me and Michael is dead no matter what). I really don't think there's such thing as a "better" fan, but it is honestly mind-numbing to hear some of these noob douches already have the sense of entitlement that's annoying enough when a long-time fan has it. To hear someone who became an MJ fan after he died telling me what it means to be a real fan makes me want to punch them in the mouth, for realz. I wanted to BE Michael Jackson when I was a TODDLER, so gtfo lol.

Had to get that out.

Still here and been a fan since December '08. Bit of a random time to become a fan but oh well. ;D

I love many old members in this forum because they are open-minded and somehow inherited MJ's spirit in loving and respecting human beings in general. ^_^
No offense intended but some fans are so annoying when they always try to control other fans' thought; try to correct whatever the others write, and so on. May be some of them know a great deal about MJ, but mostly they pretend being an MJ master. Is it necessary?! I sometimes saw they provided some wrong information to correct the right one. ^___^
My point is: for some fans who belong to the above group please ask yourself "who am I to grant the title 'MJ fan' to other people? Do you really care about MJ?

By the way, I've been a fan since yesterday ^__^, so, is anyone confident that he/she knows about Tom Sneddon more than I do?! ^______^ (A joke!)

[Thank you 'Seven' and 'MJStarlight' I love you! ^__^]

Hi everybody.

I heard some ppl saying that the ''new fans'' will forget Michael soon and it was just a momentary passion. But for me not! I'm here after a year and I love Michael more each day!

I'm from the new generation, since 25th July. And I would like know how people like me are after a year of passion and dedication to Michael.

With L.O.V.E.
im a fan of michael since 1990/91 (20 years is a short time to be a good fan)
my point of view let the new or fans forget about michael soon they can't hurt michael
this are a kind of persons that don't care about michael
let the media forget about michael they just hurt michael while still alive
as for you you be a new fan that did not know much about michael
whole fainly wants to find more about michael and its not to late for you to be a new fan
its takes michael's death for persons to findout how bad michael was treated while he was alive
media persons don't learn from their mistakes

as for me i ready moved on and forget about DR murrey the person who accdiently killed michael
and become a better michael fan

Last edited:
A lot of people that singed up and became a fan after june 2009 have already stopped posting.

Of course there are always peolle that became a fan after his passing and feel it in their heart but a lot were bandwagon-fans and i think they will become less and less active in time (if they havent stopped posting already).

I think the pain of losing Michael is different for new fans that it is for us who went through his trials and the media-hate when he was alive.
I'm not saying the pain is less, its just different.

I think the pain of losing Michael is different for new fans that it is for us who went through his trials and the media-hate when he was alive.
I'm not saying the pain is less, its just different.

I agree with you. It´s a feeling that makes me regret... not only for not being there following his career, appreciating his talent, new albums, etc... but also for not being there when he was going though all that living hell. At least, sending my thoughts and praying for him. It really hurts reminding about that, but this pain in a strange way is a part of my love for him, and I try to live with that, the best I can.

Last edited:
I agree with you, Janena.

I've been a fan since I was four years old but didn't join a forum til July of last year.
I think many people assume you're a "new fan" or that you didn't care as much about Michael, if you just started to join forums.

Which, that is not the case for me but I really don't care what people's assumptions are.
I know the truth.

To be honest, when people around me started to "love" Michael after his death but made fun of him and made fun of me liking him, just a year or so before, I was truly offended and hurt.
So, I can understand why some people are angry at bandwagon fans but at the same time, I have sympathy for those who ARE genuine because they weren't as fortunate as we were.
They didn't get to drool for hours when the Ebony and Jet magazines came in the mail back in 2007 (God knows I'll never forget the day I walked to the post office to get them)
They didn't get to experience the Michaelmania while he was alive, that we did and that is truly sad.
BUT they can keep his legacy going, just like we will.

And I love those that come to see and embrace Michael in totality.
Its still incredibly sad for the circumstances though,

I will always rejoice for what he gave us but mourn for what could have been.

Yeah, its true that a lot of longtime fans didnt feel the need to sign up on forums until Michael passed away...
My sister is a fan for like 20 years but only signed up here sometime in 2008 or 2009 i think and she's not the only fan-friend that signed up recently, some have been fans for 40 years!

I feel for the new fans because they were never able to be a fan while Michael was walking this earth...
I became a fan of Bob Marley after he passed away (i was 5 when he died).....what i wouldnt give to see him in concert.

I am pretty sure that in time the older fans will accept the new fans.
As time passes by the real new fans will remain.

I agree with you. It´s a feeling that makes me regret... not only for not being there following his career, appreciating his talent, new albums, etc... but also for not being there when he was going though all that living hell. At least, sending my thoughts and praying for him. It really hurts reminding about that, but this pain in a strange way is a part of my love for him, and I try to live with that, the best I can.

Yes, Lalinha. I totally agree with you. I'm keeping myself trying remember what I've seen about Michael before his death. I try remember news on tv or clips and musics... I'm trying remember what I saw he did. I can remember few things like his white wear on the trials (is the only thing I can remember of that time), and the news about This is It Tour... And I'm sad remember that through for so many hard things and I didn't pray for him or something like this. This hurts so much.

I've been a fan since I was four years old but didn't join a forum til July of last year.
I think many people assume you're a "new fan" or that you didn't care as much about Michael, if you just started to join forums.

To be honest, when people around me started to "love" Michael after his death but made fun of him and made fun of me liking him, just a year or so before, I was truly offended and hurt.
So, I can understand why some people are angry at bandwagon fans but at the same time, I have sympathy for those who ARE genuine because they weren't as fortunate as we were.
They didn't get to drool for hours when the Ebony and Jet magazines came in the mail back in 2007 (God knows I'll never forget the day I walked to the post office to get them)
They didn't get to experience the Michaelmania while he was alive, that we did and that is truly sad.
BUT they can keep his legacy going, just like we will.

I understand what you said. The ''older fans'' saw ppl talking about Michael all this time and now the world passed love him! This sounds like the world don't deserve love him. When he helped so many ppl no one took care. Seems like the world don't deserve Michael Jackson!

I 've been a fan of Michael since I remember myself and that goes back to 3 decades. But I haven't been on the internet much until after his passing.
Loving Michael is an irreversible process. Once you do, you love him forever and he occupies this very special spot in your heart.
I think it's harder for the older fans to deal with the loss as a longer period of time seems to have gone down with him. Most of us still ache for the strong ties that were abruptly cut and still wonder what is left to be lived without him.
But I know for a fact that the next generation of fans will carry on his name and legacy with the love and enthusiasm he deserves.
And I'm so proud of them.

I'd openly welcome new Michael Jackson fans as well as J5 generation fans & just about any other form of Michael Jackson fan you can think of :)

Back