ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

As far as I know, no. And also, now I'm hearing that whatever debts he had on the place will be handled by this LLC (Sycamore Valley Ranch LLC). So in a sense, the way it LOOKS, he sold it.

Very interesting! So this explains the UCC Agreement/Termination filings. Basically, Neverland is collateral. In plain language, the Uniform Commercial Code allows a creditor to notify other creditors about a debtor’s assets used as collateral for a secured transaction by filing a public notice (financing statement) with a particular filing office.

Wow so it's gone like Astroland in Coney Island. Well I don't blame him,The Mortagage crisis and things that are going on in this economy is just sucking the life out of people. I would have wished for a solution for Michael to keep his beloved Neverland Valley but it was his choice and only he knows why.I know that I won't be able to come see that wonderful place but I do believe that a house is not a home without love ones to share it with you. My Mum once told me it's not the building you live in to make it a home,it's your family and wherever you are with your family,You're home. Hey didn't someone else own that ranch before they sold it to Michael ? I know someone will find that fact out soon. I hope the new owners will take care of the ranch and remember the good history of what Michael has done to make it his home.
If He had still owned it,They would have showed it on MTVcribs.

We can always drink some Juicy Juice in anticipation of whatever it is we're waiting for! :cheers:
And to be fair to this applehead person, if you're only looking at the titles of the documents then one could say that it looks sold.

I'll take two sips for that.:cheers: Bring it! :punk:

I wonder when we will get a statement, Raymone would have released on by now

Please. LOL! Let's not even go down the Raymone road in an already HOT thread. Lawd! :angel:

^ I know. It was funny. Some fans are like sort of trippin' over this. Yeah, I cried, but damn...... I only cried for like a minute and read the rest of the news. But I am not trippin' over this. I am actually starting to accept this. LOL. Go Mike, do what you gotta do. I am now starting to regret that my ass cried. LOL. Oh man.... LOL. I cried as if it was my estate. LOL.

No songs without the giving three

Are you joking or for real? LOL.

I thought Raymone wasn't his spokesperson anymore? LOL. Ok, I gotta go, my sis wants to use the computer and go on Chris Brown's myspace page..... LOL. No comment.

Man, I really really, REALLY believe the future is shinin' like a lil star. I can't wait...

Wow so it's gone like Astroland in Coney Island. Well I don't blame him,The Mortagage crisis and things that are going on in this economy is just sucking the life out of people. I would have wished for a solution for Michael to keep his beloved Neverland Valley but it was his choice and only he knows why.I know that I won't be able to come see that wonderful place but I do believe that a house is not a home without love ones to share it with you. My Mum once told me it's not the building you live in to make it a home,it's your family and wherever you are with your family,You're home. Hey didn't someone else own that ranch before they sold it to Michael ? I know someone will find that fact out soon. I hope the new owners will take care of the ranch and remember the good history of what Michael has done to make it his home.
If He had still owned it,They would have showed it on MTVcribs. This is a really sad day for all fans but he's still around and we'll see him soon no matter where he's living at.

Very interesting! So this explains the UCC Agreement/Termination filings. Basically, Neverland is collateral. In plain language, the Uniform Commercial Code allows a creditor to notify other creditors about a debtor’s assets used as collateral for a secured transaction by filing a public notice (financing statement) with a particular filing office.

It does. If this is true, then Michael won't have to worry about paying bills for the place, that this LLC will handled it 100%.

Raymone has not worked for Michael for quite some time now. . . .

There may or may not be an official statement, and I'm sure the situation is very complex. What we know right now is what's posted online at the link at the beginning of the thread, and that the property is now named Sycamore Ranch.

peace,

Victoria

WOW ....

Somehow it is really a pity, but i also think that he HAD TO do this step ! Life goes on !!

someone mentioned neverlND would beCOME sycamore valley ranch but there ius already a sycamore valley ranch in california do you think this would be like a mix up .....................................

Bee, ur post pretty much describes what a lot of people felt. while we felt we were NOT attatched to the house, theloss of it does reflect some pain and in the manner of what was done to the house. what they did, the stigma attatched to it, it had lost its meaning. the owner no longer felt like it was home and the condition the ranch was in these last few yrs proved that.

this is a time for us to reflect on the positives of nevvy and for those who've been, maybe take joy in those memories and for those who haven't, to know that it was a beautiful place that made many people happy.

perez released the info and did so in a good manner....even like he was sad. maybe it's fun to joke but not so funny when it happens.

thank u to applehead for giving us this info and in some ways, giving us time to prepare for this. to those seeking more than this, by all means wait around for an official statement but there is a support thread and remember, this is just the beginning.

it's been a lot worse in team mj and compared to other things, this is something joyful.

I just hope that this decision is not motived by a financial difficulty

and im really proud to be an mj fan right now...us banding together, dealing w/ this issue, no matter how minimal to some or major toothers. this is what this board is here for. so kudos to the ones helping others

and yaaaaaya....

I just hope that this decision is not motived by a financial difficulty
i don't believe it is. a statement released six months ago seems to show that this is a decision mj made and is happy about and this was the final step in that decision.

he didn't lose his home.

so... we went from OMG!!! Michael has sold neverland to... Ohh well he just renamed it, but is still involed...ehh or what ever?

You know Neverland and the way it was financially tied into everything.. This is a big burdin off of Mikes shoulders..

MAYBE, HOPEFULLY this is a small sign that Mike is ready to go forth with projects surrounding his career.. Remember all the rumors regarding this company and MJ and performances etc... WHO KNOWS maybe, this means they are going into the next step of sometype of project planning..

No more Neverland.

Damn.

Well, I guess all good things come to an end, as the saying goes. It had been ruined, so...

I'll wait and see what develops from this (looks like he hasn't totally abandoned it,) and what happens next. Remaining positive for future MJ projects.

I'm not thrilled about it but then again I'm not bawling my eyes out - that ranch is ancient history by now. I've moved on and I'm pretty sure Michael has distanced himself from that place - they raided it and from that day forward I couldn't see the place with the same eyes. Loads of dishonest people has come across his way during his lifetime but he's still going strong and judging by the photos I have no cause to feel down, I just hope he finds a peacefull place for him and his little family. He deserves a place where he's not bothered 24/7.

I think more than money is involved... remember what was said back in May... I think Mike is going to get some great backing from this deal!!

and im really proud to be an mj fan right now...us banding together, dealing w/ this issue, no matter how minimal to some or major toothers. this is what this board is here for. so kudos to the ones helping others

and yaaaaaya....

Yeah, I agree. Fans banding together and dealing with it like this is truly commendable. And if any of you feel the need to VENT, visit the Support Board.

http://www.mjjcommunity.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57241

Vic

Jackson’s Neverland Ranch sold for $35 million

By Sam Womack/Staff Writer

Michael Jackson has sold Neverland Ranch to a Delaware-based corporation for approximately $35 million, although the King of Pop retains an interest in the property.

The infamous property north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County was transferred from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, which formed in mid-July, according to documents from the county assessor’s office.

Sycamore is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital Inc., a Los Angeles-based company that purchased the entertainer’s $24.5 million mortgage on the property in May, according to a source close to the deal.

The pop star’s private amusement park and home at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road opened in 1988 and consisted of 2,800 acres. Prior to that, it was a working cattle ranch owned by Bill Bone, a developer who has his own connections to Colony Capital.

A notice of default from a San Francisco title company was served in November 2007 suggesting that Jackson’s ownership of the ranch could be at risk. And a foreclosure auction in May was canceled after Colony Capital LLC purchased the multi-million loan.

Jackson has struggled to pay his debts in recent years after his financial empire crumbled following his arrest in 2003 on child-molestation charges. A jury later acquitted him and he reportedly hasn’t lived at Neverland for the past two years.

LINK: http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/2008/11/12/news/breaking/breaking15.txt

Jackson’s Neverland Ranch sold for $35 million

By Sam Womack/Staff Writer

Michael Jackson has sold Neverland Ranch to a Delaware-based corporation for approximately $35 million, although the King of Pop retains an interest in the property.

This article has now been UPDATED and states that:

Although MJ sold the property for $35 million, he STILL retains an interest in the property. The updated article also states that MJ is in a joint venture with a branch of Colony.

Now how the heck did he pull that off. LOL! I mean, how do you sell your home, but still manage to have an interest in that property. Unless I'm missing something, that is a MASTERFUL MOVE! And if I ever sell my home, I would like that very same deal. LOL!

(Maybe someone can post the UPDATED article, I don't know how to do that.)

It's posted, Big Apple. :lol:

I thought I posted the updated article. :rollin:

Anyway, when you do a transfer, if you're a businessman, you can still have interest in your former property, this is probably what Michael did here.

In essence he doesn't own the place anymore but still has interest, which actually makes sense.

"...I will never ever sell Neverland. Neverland is me..."

Aw! :no: :boohoo

Stay calm,Petals!!!:hug:

If MJ said that "Neverland is me..." then the magic,the real Neverland will stay where Michael is living!

Hey!!!Don't be sad!Michael is live,healtly,happy,taking care his kids,recording a great new album...:D

We have to accept and support him,Petals!

Take care!!!!:)

So that's happened in JULY! and MJ still OWNS interests on the propriety and not only but the ranch is a joint venture between him adn the Colony? A rach MJ earned 35 million dollar from? from a place he hasn't seen in 3 years???
And people here are SAD for him???

Wow...

^ I'm saying! Michael made a good deal out of this so I don't get why people are sad. I was sad in 2003 because I knew the place was dead to MJ after that. And I quickly got over it. Plus Michael still has interest but it's clear that he's ALREADY moved on from going BACK there ever again. Why hold on to the past?

Back