Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters
oh yeah, patients who are well enough to do it, are very much expected to go home on weekends. of course you don't have to stay home all weekend if you can't handle it, you can always come back when you want. this is the open ward, and you have a lot of freedom. you are expected to participate, as much as you possible can handle, in activities (for patients), but also to go out on your own. like going for a walk or going to the store etc. or go home for maybe a couple hours and then come back. whatever you feel like doing outside the hospital
I'm going home on weekend again tomorrow. yay!

Wow the mental ward i stayed in was wayyy too strict!

Gosh can i go to the hospital u at? It sounds awesome LOL

Wow the mental ward i stayed in was wayyy too strict!

Gosh can i go to the hospital u at? It sounds awesome LOL

they (the staff) say it's part of the treatment, and that makes sense when you think about it. you can't stay in that hospital forever, you have to go home and go out and live a (somewhat) normal life, sooner or later. and imagine, some people have been admitted for MONTHS. but even for just a couple of weeks it can be tough if you don't go out til you get discharged. because maybe you couldn't go, out, before you were admitted, for whatever reason, if you are that sick. some people don't even like leaving their room. and the staff come and ask you what the reason is for that? of course you are not forced to do anything you don't want to/can't do, but if you are not doing anything, you gonna have to explain why. for the first week or so I was extremely angst to leave my room, even to go eat in the dining room, or even to just go ask the staff for medicine, when it was time to take it. but towards the end of my stay, I came more and more out of my shell, and at that point, I was more happy to be out of my room and talk with other patients/staff. you know, just socializing was more fun than hiding. and I say towards the end of my stay, because I was discharged yesterday. very happy to be home, but kinda miss the place and all the nice people, and the fun things to do. i'm home now, which means back to my old life where I don't do much of anything. I don't have a job (too sick to work), I don't really have any friends, or go anywhere in general. very hard for me to go places, because not only do I have social anxiety, but one of the symptoms of schizophrenia is that you isolate yourself a lot, and you don't really feel like being with other people. of course that's not their problem, that's not why I was admitted, "to get a life". but I'm just saying that's how it is. and that is something that is gonna take A LOT more practice, than the "short" period I was admitted. and also, there was a lot more structure with my daily life. you have to be up at certain times, at least for meal times, if you want something to eat. and the activities and just in general having a more "normal" daily life. I went to sleep 11 pm and woke up 8 am, 10 out of the about 14 days I stayed there. something I have not done for over 15 years! and here at home, I can't do it on my own after only such a short time. I need someone to give me that boost, like they did at the hospital. but it was so easy to do it there. here at home, it's way harder. but again, that's not why I was admitted. just saying that's something I gained for 14 days of my life which I'm gonna treasure forever. other symptoms of schizophrenia is passiveness and apathy. and that doesn't exactly help, either. I WANT to go out and do things. but that's not enough, to want it. you also have to be able to do it. and there's zero motivation for me, here at home

if you don't mind me asking, what were you admitted for and for how long?

Last edited:
These days I really avoid leaving the house as much as possible. It's a rare thing for me to go outside now. And when I do go outside, I'm not out long, because I want to get home as fast as I can

they (the staff) say it's part of the treatment, and that makes sense when you think about it. you can't stay in that hospital forever, you have to go home and go out and live a (somewhat) normal life, sooner or later. and imagine, some people hawith een admitted for MONTHS. but even for just a couple of weeks it can be tough if you don't go out til you get discharged. because maybe you couldn't go, out, before you were admitted, for whatever reason, if you are that sick. some people don't even like leaving their room. and the staff come and ask you what the reason is for that? of course you are not forced to do anything you don't want to/can't do, but if you are not doing anything, you gonna have to explain why. for the first week or so I was extremely angst to leave my room, even to go eat in the dining room, or even to just go ask the staff for medicine, when it was time to take it. but towards the end of my stay, I came more and more out of my shell, and at that point, I was more happy to be out of my room and talk with other patients/staff. you know, just socializing was more fun than hiding. and I say towards the end of my stay, because I was discharged yesterday. very happy to be home, but kinda miss the place and all the nice people, and the fun things to do. i'm home now, which means back to my old life where I don't do much of anything. I don't have a job (too sick to work), I don't really have any friends, or go anywhere in general. very hard for me to go places, because not only do I have social anxiety, but one of the symptoms of schizophrenia is that you isolate yourself a lot, and you don't really feel like being with other people. of course that's not their problem, that's not why I was admitted, "to get a life". but I'm just saying that's how it is. and that is something that is gonna take A LOT more practice, than the "short" period I was admitted. and also, there was a lot more structure with my daily life. you have to be up at certain times, at least for meal times, if you want something to eat. and the activities and just in general having a more "normal" daily life. I went to sleep 11 pm and woke up 8 am, 10 out of the about 14 days I stayed there. something I have not done for over 15 years! and here at home, I can't do it on my own after only such a short time. I need someone to give me that boost, like they did at the hospital. but it was so easy to do it there. here at home, it's way harder. but again, that's not why I was admitted. just saying that's something I gained for 14 days of my life which I'm gonna treasure forever. other symptoms of schizophrenia is passiveness and apathy. and that doesn't exactly help, either. I WANT to go out and do things. but that's not enough, to want it. you also have to be able to do it. and there's zero motivation for me, here at home

if you don't mind me asking, what were you admitted for and for how long?

Umm i think only for a week or two or something like that from what i can remember. It just wasnt the right mental ward for me i think and i reckon i wouldve benefieted staying at a hospital like the one you stayed in . Mine just didnt wanna understand how hard it is living with mental illness and didnt really care and treated the patients like crap. But there was only one girl that was nice but still none of the staff just didn't wanna care

Saw my doctor today, everything's fine. Went home on foot - it was very lovely, especially when I was passing by a playground. I couldn't resist and climbed up one frame :) I should do it more often cause I can flex my muscles and it's also a lot of fun.

FullLipsDotNose;4141501 said:
Saw my doctor today, everything's fine. Went home on foot - it was very lovely, especially when I was passing by a playground. I couldn't resist and climbed up one frame :) I should do it more often cause I can flex my muscles and it's also a lot of fun.

Good to know. :) yeah calisthenics is fun.

Tomorrow in some countries is Father´s Day.
Spring is coming... and Easter too i wish better days to you´all.

f9b85a95ab01.jpg

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10

Umm i think only for a week or two or something like that from what i can remember. It just wasnt the right mental ward for me i think and i reckon i wouldve benefieted staying at a hospital like the one you stayed in . Mine just didnt wanna understand how hard it is living with mental illness and didnt really care and treated the patients like crap. But there was only one girl that was nice but still none of the staff just didn't wanna care

oh man, I am SO sorry to hear that. there's nothing worse than not being taken seriously, or being misunderstood, when it comes to ones mental health :(
the ward I stayed at, was also the same ward I stayed at in 2014. and back then, I got the worst treatment ever. I was admitted because I had a depression and wanted to commit suicide. and the reason for my depression, they said it wasn't that :doh: it was the day after I was admitted, I talked to a doctor, and it was him who said that to me. I remember laying in my bed and crying for 3 hours straight. and I didn't tell the staff about it, because I didn't feel I could talk to anyone there. I felt so alone. and they treated me for something completely different. I had to get discharged, as I could not handle it.
so when I found out I was going to be admitted to the same ward this time around, I was NOT happy. but I decided I would not take anything from anyone. I did not hold back with speaking my mind and made sure to get through to them and make them listen to me. so it was a little better. but the ward itself has also improved slightly. the biggest flaw of the ward is the lack of communication between staff. and every person tells you something different. it is still far from perfect. and others I know who has been admitted, says the same, so it's not just me which I thought it was. so the reason it (my stay) was better, was because of what I did myself. not because of what they did

I'm sorry you had to go through that, it's not like you don't have it hard enough already, but on top of that, you're at a place, surrounded by people who are supposed to help you, yet you feel alone, misunderstood and helpless...that is not okay :no:

I know its the worst thing when they dont wanna understand or care and treat you like garbage. I dont think i will need to go there again any time soon although there are times when i sometimes feel that

These days I really avoid leaving the house as much as possible. It's a rare thing for me to go outside now. And when I do go outside, I'm not out long, because I want to get home as fast as I can

I am now like that too. I haven't left my house since this past Tuesday. And that was only for about an hour just to see my therapist. Who I really don't think is helping me any. I only leave the house if I absolutely have to. Or that I really want to go somewhere. But that is not very often. Most of the time all I want to do is just stay at home. And just play with one of my computer or video games. And just sulk in my total constant misery. Misery that I had only have felt ever since what had happen to Michael. Happiness is still just a foreign word that no longer has any meaning to me. Because that is something I am never going to know what that is like again. Without Michael there is no more happiness for me. Only constant misery, sadness, tiredness, and anger. And I just so hate only feeling that way. But thanks to that evil monster by doing what he did. That is something I am forced to feel anymore. Even Shahrukh Khan who has been my Michael replacement. Can't even give me the same happiness that I once had felt. When I once called myself a hardcore Michael Jackson fan. All thanks to one very evil monster that was taken away from me. When he did what he did to Michael. :boohoo And why I still wear all mostly black clothes on most days.:( And thanks to my depression I now totally regret of ever becoming a Michael Jackson fan in the first place. And I have been a fan of his since the early 80s. :( :boohoo

I know its the worst thing when they dont wanna understand or care and treat you like garbage. I dont think i will need to go there again any time soon although there are times when i sometimes feel that

indeed it is. especially when it comes to mental illnesses. you can't see what is wrong like you can with physical illnesses. and you're the only one who can tell what is wrong with you, and of course you expect them to understand you. when you're at a place full of "experts" on the area, you really should not feel like they don't know what they are doing! or that they don't want to listen to you, understand you or believe you. I really hope you never have to go to that place ever again....

I am now like that too. I haven't left my house since this past Tuesday. And that was only for about an hour just to see my therapist. Who I really don't think is helping me any. I only leave the house if I absolutely have to. Or that I really want to go somewhere. But that is not very often. Most of the time all I want to do is just stay at home. And just play with one of my computer or video games. And just sulk in my total constant misery. Misery that I had only have felt ever since what had happen to Michael. Happiness is still just a foreign word that no longer has any meaning to me. Because that is something I am never going to know what that is like again. Without Michael there is no more happiness for me. Only constant misery, sadness, tiredness, and anger. And I just so hate only feeling that way. But thanks to that evil monster by doing what he did. That is something I am forced to feel anymore. Even Shahrukh Khan who has been my Michael replacement. Can't even give me the same happiness that I once had felt. When I once called myself a hardcore Michael Jackson fan. All thanks to one very evil monster that was taken away from me. When he did what he did to Michael. :boohoo And why I still wear all mostly black clothes on most days.:( And thanks to my depression I now totally regret of ever becoming a Michael Jackson fan in the first place. And I have been a fan of his since the early 80s. :( :boohoo

It's time for you to make some decisions...

1) To live or to die - you already chose the first one (I'm glad you did!) - or you wouldn't be here writing about how you feel

2) You must chose what kind of life you want - that's a difficult one, but you cannot move from where you are, if you don't know where too

3) You must bear in mind, that noone, not even your therapist can help you to feel better. You and only YOU can fight this battle! Your therapist can help you with some tools, tools to help you fight this battle a weapon in this war against feeling bad but only you can choose to keep fighting!

...so ... step 1: what kind of life do you want? - write it down! and bring your list of hopes for the future next time you go to your therapist.
step 2: Ask your therapist to help you to make your priorities clear to your self - what hopes for the future are important and which are less important (maybe you don't need your therapist to do this, and in that case you just bring the an already made priorities list)
step 3: Ask your thereapist to help you to chop up these wishes into realistic smaller steps that in time will get where you want in a way you decide yourself
Step 4: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT - 'cause this ain't gonna be easy, but only you can do this!

if you ever should get so sick again that you need to be admitted, would there be somewhere else you could go?

Im not really sure the place i can think of is my dads as i think of his place as my "holiday place"

Im not really sure the place i can think of is my dads as i think of his place as my "holiday place"
well, I meant more like another hospital or something. somewhere where you can get the treatment you need

No not really all the "special places" are too far for me to go

When someone tells you you don't undertand something, you ask them for explanation and they tell you that if you don't understand it, it's your mistake, not the author's - without actually attempting to explain anything.

I hate when people do that!!!!
Its like they make you feel so dumb & worthless and its sucks

Walk outside, and run a few errands or something. It sounds weird, but it works. I think being in an apartment, house, or office for a long period of time tricks your mind into believing that where you are is literally the only place that exists, that you are truly the only person existing in your world. Of course you know that's not the case, and stepping outside reminds you of the reality, and gets you back on your feet :) Loneliness is all a frame of mind. One can be alone, and not feel lonely. As long as you know you love yourself, the strength to persevere will prevail, and things will eventually fall into place. And family is always a plus too, if things are ok in that area. Much love.

How is everything going?

Take care you all ?

You're right Coduscus. Spending time alone as an 'introvert' is needed to 'recharge' that life battery but then again it's wise to step out in the BIG BAD world after all.

I just don't go wandering around town. it's good to have a goal. Like, I saved for this and now I'm finally gonna buy it and it's something to look forward to.

Of course, passions or even hobbies 'fill up' the void of being 'alone' too. Since its June and my emotions rage from sadness to anger :smilerolleyes: I just keep busy and try to 'focus' on stuff I love to do like "gardening" or "painting" :blush: Something that gives you 'peace of mind' really.

Advice is always 'easy' to give but it's the 'click' in the mind that needs to give you that 'chance' on a better day.

To FulLipsDotNose: Crying is not BAD though it shows you still have feelings and a heart. The trick is however to do stuff you like to 'dry those tears' hey!

Have a Wonderful Friday, you all ? ? ?

Last edited:
I agree with @Daryll748

summertime can be tricky.
Ill add to his tips

- maybe a new haircut
-Listening to your favourite songs (live version)

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3New International Version (NIV)

I'd like a new haircut, but still haven't called my hairdresser. I mustn't forget about it on Monday. I'd like to have my hair a bit shorter, but I'll keep my natural colour cause I don't want to dye it too often.

I'm feeling better now. I've spent the last days listening to music and eating lots of food. Plus, I ordered delivery from a restaurant for the first time in my life. It was great. I love Indian cuisine. I haven't done anything stress-related as well. I hope it won't be worse than before.

Back