Anyone been to the O2 Exhibition?

Hi!

Our tv station is doing very positive reportage (um..article?) about TII and they have asked me to give a statement after they found out i was at the exhibition...but i am not going to participate that way, because i have a 'doctor's excuse' for 27th-29th and don't want to get in trouble with UNI and i am not a kind of person to expose on tv if not necessary...

They already have an interview with dancers and KO...and they found out that i was at the exhibition. I went there on the opening, 28th of october, 10am…
I want this to be the best possible... i did write something about it, but i would really like to read a nice review of someone other before i send mine to one reporter...so that people would see what kind of inovator and perfectionist Mike was....and also how much did he help and care for others...

Pleasee help...

It is amazing! YOU MUST go!

There's SO MUCH INCREDBIBLE STUFF! The Neverland sign, gloves, fedoras, awards, RTT outfit, Leave Me Alone rocket from the video, the Scream guitars, so many different outfits from videos and tours (e.g. Dangerous Tour Jam jumpsuit and WBSS leotard and HIStory Tour robot suit).

But best of all is the This Is It section with all his finished costumes for the O2 shows. It shows the Thriller outift with all his backing dancers ones as well, plus the zombie bride hanging above. The WBSS outfit rocks, as do all the others!

I agree - the exhibition is amazing - I don't want to spoil it for anyone but there is one very small very personal touch towards the end which made me cry - it kinda reminds you that after all this king of pop title, there was a human being :-(

Also, just so you are aware, because photos are banned there will be a brochure but they have not finished printing it yet - at some point within the next two weeks it will be available in the shop and online.

Dont worry Di. If they didnt want to have it spoiled they wouldnt read? !

Hope u ok. :)
xxx

I went yesterday. It was good. :)

Someone said to me that they thought it was a rushed thing.........but it does have a lovely comprehensive collection of artifacts.......( hark at me lol! ) sorry in english.........yeah it was good!!! Lots of lovely things.personal to MJ...........

A few things stood out to me as particularly lovely.........the things that showed us a glimpse into MJ's private life.......and also his 'just being him' life..... it will make sense when you go and see for yourself!!! :yes:

Lots of tv screens playing music and vids as you go round......

one last important thing!!!! wish I had known in advance really...........so I could have prepared........

they have lots of large red hardbacked books for fans to sign their own personal tributes in.............:yes:

So maybe go prepared of what to write......maybe add a pic? If I had known in advance I would have prepared for this......:doh:

As it stands I wrote something on the very back page of one of them.and must confess took a whole page of A4:yes:

so go and enjoy.and write your tributes!

one more thing to add.......we were told that the memorial wall had been moved to inside the exhibition............but it isnt in there. :-(

Does anyone know what has happened to the MJ memorial wall that wa soutside the O2? :-(

I really want to go! For those who have been, whats your favourite thing there? :)

im going to see beyonce at the o2 on the 15th november (i won tickets!) so i'll go to the exhibition then

Cool, so what were the "This is It" oufits shown? So far we know thriller and smooth criminal and that multi-colored jacket..what else was there and how did it look like? Can someone post like a list with descriptions? Thanks.

Cool, so what were the "This is It" oufits shown? So far we know thriller and smooth criminal and that multi-colored jacket..what else was there and how did it look like? Can someone post like a list with descriptions? Thanks.

I should have taken a pen and paper because it described all of them, but some of them were seen in the Access Hollywood video with the designer.

From memory - WBSS (crystal shoulder pads), Smooth Criminal (suit and anti-gravity shoes), J5 (beaded suit), Heal The World (with metal and embroidery from around the world. Thriller (red jacket with backup dancer outfits and dead bride puppet from the ceiling meant to fly over the crowd), Billie Jean (white top, fedora, light-up trousers and glove).

There were a lot more including all the hologram TII tickets!

I LOVED the Exhibition, i went today and thought it was amazing.
The throne room was very good, i was amazed as i walked under the neverland arch.
One of my highlights was seeing the tour outfits, i personally liked seeing the gold outfit from the bucharest dangerous show :D
I thought it was great how we could write our own messages at the end, hopefully they'll be sent to the family.
Overall, great day, its worth going to. :)

It was cool...
The highlight for me was the BAD tour silver shirt !
We couldnt take pics...But, I simply put my phone in my front pants pocket and made videos as i walked around to each section...;-)
there's better quality footage on youtube, but it feels good knowing i have my own footage too ;-)
If u can make it..go..Loved it.

ps, One thing I didnt like was ..Some of the info seemed like it wasn't very well researched..
I felt like I knew more about MJ and his stuff than the people displaying and describing it.

Last edited:
Is everything in glass casing at the Exhibition or are you actually able to touch some things?

Is everything in glass casing at the Exhibition or are you actually able to touch some things?

100% No Touching..
Yes everything is in glass..
But a few people I saw were touching the Rolls Royce car.
Thats the only thing I think people can touch.

100% No Touching..
Yes everything is in glass..
But a few people I saw were touching the Rolls Royce car.
Thats the only thing I think people can touch.

Oh, I thought we'd be able to at least touch some of his furniture and stuff. Ah, well. Just being there's enough :)

Well, I heard someone saying she touched the gold pants....I dunnow, but seems to me not everything is glassed then. :lol:

Sorry if this has already been asked...I have heard this is just the debut. Is the exhibition going anywhere else?

I was testerday and really enjoyed it. His car.... from 1967 is amazing!! and the costumes from History tour , Remember the time, and the settings for This Is It tour like Thriller with spider it was all just unforgettable experience. You must see it!

I went yesterday. Not much stuff is under glass. Most of the costumes are on stages with barriers in front - not close enough to touch, but close enough to get a really good close look. The most interesting bits for me were:
1) The Jackson 5 music contract with all the terms & conditions and Joe's signature
2) The Dangerous (gold) & Bad (silver) tour bodysuits
3) The TII shoes! They were in a glass case but got a really good close look at them - even underneath. They had an MJ logo on the sole inside and were completely smooth underneath. Not a grip in sight! Perfect for moonwalking ;)

Oh forgot one other highlight! They have all of the TII Lenticular tickets covering a whole wall. It was amazing. Almost made me wish I hadn't opted for the refund :(

Back