Anyone been to the O2 Exhibition?

Sorry if this has already been asked...I have heard this is just the debut. Is the exhibition going anywhere else?

reports say tokyo and N.Y nothing has been announced yet though

if mj were here id be there in a heartbeat but just sems poinltess now and distasteful seeing his clothes and personal things. yet hes not here to wear them. maybe if it wasnt at the 02 i might go

Does anyone know what has happened to the MJ memorial wall that wa soutside the O2? :-(

I thought that they were putting this back up for the exhibition but perhaps they decided to use the tribute book idea instead then.I was hoping to see the board though :(

Did anyone use the 02's car park when they went and if so what's the parking fee like?

should have prices on their website. if u are staying over (guess so if u are in scotland) just use public transport to the 02 from your hotel

I heard there's a shop at the end of the exhibition. If so, what kind of things are being sold? And for how much?

Its just too expensive for me.......especially after I got a souvenir ticket and brought an Opus.

But then again I'm desperate to see the dangerous tour outfit.....last time I saw it was when I saw him in Wembley in 1992. I'm also desperate to see the "This is it" costumes as I was going to see them on the 28th of July. I'd love to see everything else as well.

If Michael did an exhibition himself he wouldn't have such expensive ticket prices......

should have prices on their website. if u are staying over (guess so if u are in scotland) just use public transport to the 02 from your hotel

I'll probably end up getting a travel card and get around London that way.
I don't know how I am going to pack it all in in just two days lol

if mj were here id be there in a heartbeat but just sems poinltess now and distasteful seeing his clothes and personal things. yet hes not here to wear them. maybe if it wasnt at the 02 i might go

for me it's the oppisite. if he was still here I wouldn't bother seing his clothes..I'd rather save the money and see him in person.
but now I can't anymore:( and I feel seing his clothes (and touch them when sequrity is not watching me,lol) is one of the closest thing I can ever get to him now! his clothes..costumes! feel the magic!
and see things that's a prt of history!! things from his music videos..
just seing the clothes speaks for themselves. he was all about magic and perfection. And to me they're not just a piece of fabric..they are so much more because he wore them! michael jackson has been wearing them..oh gosh
:wub:

I heard there's a shop at the end of the exhibition. If so, what kind of things are being sold? And for how much?
someone posted pics of it. t shirts posters etc from all eras. prob cost a fortune though, i think someone said a teddy cost £30

If Michael did an exhibition himself he wouldn't have such expensive ticket prices.....
its only £15

'll probably end up getting a travel card and get around London that way.
I don't know how I am going to pack it all in in just two days lol
yeah dont even think about driving and parking in central london. with the congestion charge and price of parking.it will be a nightmare. just leave your car at the hotel. mae sure u get one with cheap parking. i stayed and parked at the travelodge just near the 02 in july cheap prices all round

Sorry if this has already been asked...I have heard this is just the debut. Is the exhibition going anywhere else?

It certainly should.

I can't get to London, as I'm sure most people can't.

LOL It was me.
I was the one who touched the Gold trousers.
I touched the Silver Bad tour top aswell.
From what I can remember none of the outfits where glassed.
Oh then you're another one! :hysterical: Cuz it was someone in the macro thread, prismagainst5something...difficult name..LOL.
So jealous of you guys! ;)

Edit: Just noticed you two were together, haha! Awesome!

yeah dont even think about driving and parking in central london. with the congestion charge and price of parking.it will be a nightmare. just leave your car at the hotel. mae sure u get one with cheap parking. i stayed and parked at the travelodge just near the 02 in july cheap prices all round

Thankfully I'm booked into a travel lodge not far from the o2 and parking is only £5 a day much easier like you say than paying ott parking prices etc :)

I thought that they were putting this back up for the exhibition but perhaps they decided to use the tribute book idea instead then.I was hoping to see the board though :(

Did anyone use the 02's car park when they went and if so what's the parking fee like?

Don't use the car park. Its £20 to park there!

Oh then you're another one! :hysterical: Cuz it was someone in the macro thread, prismagainst5something...difficult name..LOL.
So jealous of you guys! ;)

Edit: Just noticed you two were together, haha! Awesome!

BTW Did I or anyone else mention the huge rip there is in the crotch of these pants?
I new those babys were gonna bust one day. :D

I'm hoping to go this month. It's a shame you can't take pics :(

I have already been but i couldnt just take everything, for me i was so emotional,so i am hoping to go back in jan i hope,just keep breaking down and crying and this nice lady i have never meet,came up to me and gave me huge hugs bless her i just couldnt stop crying she also said some lovely words bless her, it was a very hard day to be there but amazing at the sametime.....very strange,a must for every fan though,i did think though cause ppl cant take photo to have a program or something like that for the fans xoxo

BTW Did I or anyone else mention the huge rip there is in the crotch of these pants?
I new those babys were gonna bust one day. :D

haha sooo funny ye looked like wear n tear well dang god wish itd happened when i was at his concert lol xx

Is it easy travelling thru London to get to the o2 by sat nav? So scared of taking the wrong turning and ending up somewhere else?
Also, for the exhibition, the O2 website says:

Parking for The O2 bubble is available at an hourly rate in Car Parks 2 and 4.

Car Park 2 is approximately 300m from the main entrance at The O2 and Car park 4 is approximately 350m.

Hourly rates on non-arena event days:

0 to 2 hours - £2.50
2 to 8 hours - £6.00
8 to 12 hours - £8.00
Over 12 hours within 24hr period - £10.00

Tickets are automatically issued upon arrival at the ticket barrier and parking can be paid for at the pay on foot machines within each car park before leaving.

Is this the right place to park our car?

I have already been but i couldnt just take everything, for me i was so emotional,so i am hoping to go back in jan i hope,just keep breaking down and crying and this nice lady i have never meet,came up to me and gave me huge hugs bless her i just couldnt stop crying she also said some lovely words bless her, it was a very hard day to be there but amazing at the sametime.....very strange,a must for every fan though,i did think though cause ppl cant take photo to have a program or something like that for the fans xoxo

Awww :huggy: I went to the exhibition on Saturday and I know exactly what you mean.I wanted to cry as soon as I stepped inside.I was desperately holding back tears just watching the film when you first go in :cry:
I nearly lost it a few times going round especially in the charity part and the Neverland room.
I am so glad I went though and I didn't feel that there was anything on display there that Michael wouldn't agree of being shown.
I asked in the shop about a program and she said it should be available next week and hopefully it will be available on the site.

Yes I noticed the hole in the gold pants lol

moonwalker5885- You should be fine for parking so long as there is no event on.Disney on ice was on last weekend.When there is an event on parking leaps up to around about £20 so becareful.May be better to park out of town and tube in.
If you have a cinema ticket you get so many hours free parking but it is first come first served with spaces and also you can only use certain car parks.

Wow, after reading all this...
I really wanna go too! :yes: Hopefully in January.

@catherine... I really love your sig pic of Stand By Me! (River...:wub:)

moonwalker5885- You should be fine for parking so long as there is no event on.Disney on ice was on last weekend.When there is an event on parking leaps up to around about £20 so becareful.May be better to park out of town and tube in.
If you have a cinema ticket you get so many hours free parking but it is first come first served with spaces and also you can only use certain car parks.

I'm going this Wednesday 18th Nov. No big events are listed on that day. So fingers crossed.

I went last saturday (7th Nov). Found it very emotional especially seeing the model of how the stage would have been and the clothes he would have worn at the O2. I was told that they were finished after his death (not sure how true that is) but there were quite a few of us finding that room difficult. Really enjoyed chatting with other fans before going in. Would recommend it to anyone who can get there. One member of staff told us that it was only going to a couple of other countries but nothing yet had been confirmed. As for the shop Tshirts were around £25, mugs £10 so quite pricey but alot of people were buying, including me.

There's an MJJC meet-up that Beccabubbles is organising for the 23rd Jan if anyone is interested. Met up with these guys on Halloween to see TII at the o2 and of course being MJ fans they are all a phenomenal bunch. I really can't reccommend MJJC meet ups enough. Its great to have people to share your love with and to spend a day Michaeling:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80807

Back