Anyone been to the O2 Exhibition?

I'm a little annoyed I thought we would be allowed to take photos/videos... what on earth are we going to do with them? Its not as if anything is Top Secret!.... £12.99 doesn't sound too bad.... although I ain't seen the size of it yet...! Was in the states for the couple of weeks and almost ordered it there as noticed it was on the TII merchandise website...

Loopy - did you feel it was all worth the money?
Yes it was definitely worth it - i am thinking of going again. It was lovely to be in the same room as some of his things - just wish it was under different circumstances. (The TII picture book is approx A4 size.)

blue_eyed_belle - i really wanted to touch the spaceship too but was too scared!!!!

Has anyone thought about the question i asked re: the gold top and the black flap????

Loopy x x

Yes it was definitely worth it - i am thinking of going again. It was lovely to be in the same room as some of his things - just wish it was under different circumstances. (The TII picture book is approx A4 size.)

blue_eyed_belle - i really wanted to touch the spaceship too but was too scared!!!!

Has anyone thought about the question i asked re: the gold top and the black flap????

Loopy x x

maybe the picture was flipped the opposite way? sometimes they do that with pics. you know, so that it all appears in mirror image.

i really want to go to this, but on the other hand i'm sure the family opposed it didn't they? so i would feel bad.

I wasn't that bothered about the exhibition, but I ended up going on Friday and I have to say it was 100% worth it! I was impressed with what they had there and I thought the whole thing was very respectful of Michael!

I loved it so much, I imagine I'll try and go again before it closes!

I'm going tomorrow at 11am. I haven't pre-booked car park space as there is no big event. Do you think I will still get parking?

I got My 'The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition' Tickets!!

I'm going on Firday @ 11am :D

SSL21028.jpg

I'm going tomorrow at 11am. I haven't pre-booked car park space as there is no big event. Do you think I will still get parking?

I went to the MJ memorial wall in the summer on an non event day and the place is really quiet. You'll have plenty of space for parking.

Hi StinelovesMichael,

I don't think you are able to touch anything. Some of the things would be fairly difficult to reach, but to be honest i didn't even try as there was security everywhere. I really, really wanted to though!!!! They are so strict re: photos that i assume touching is completely out of the question! :)

awwww okey!:angel:
I might try, but..I don't wanna risk getting thrown out of there! :scratch:
I can understand why they are so strict though:yes:

It was fantastic. I spent about an hour looking around. Some great items are there for sure. I especially liked seeing all the 8 TII tickets on display. I'd kill to have all 8 in my collection :D

Does anybody know if they are actually planning a souvenir guide?? I do think it was pretty poor not allowing photographs but then not actually providing a guide available with photos already in.

I'm also pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the write ups. I'm sure it stated that HIStory was recorded in 1988!

The shop was mighty expensive, but i bought myself the 'This Is It' book and the two packs of badges.

The shop is expensive but everything in it is so amazing. I need to buy one of those charm bracelets next time.

I was amazed to see everything, from Awards we saw him accepting, motown records, clothing.
The pieces that took my brath away were:
-"Ghosts" shirt and "Beat It" magic cape just swinging blown by the air-con ...waiting to be resurected...
-NEVERLAND gate (at this point I was really stuck as I did not imagine I would HAVE TO walk through it in these circumstances, and anywhere else than actual Neverland)..Took me quite a while,
-the painting with my favourite quote from "Are You Listening?"
-piano with the clock, time 10 to 3 as I can remember...
-A GIRL in stone from Neverland again....
I really wanted to ride that "Leave Me Alone" rocket....it even had a small indent, so I thought, maybe Bubbles made it...
-"Sream" helmet and uniform
Just as if Mchael was about to walk in..

The shop is kitchy and overpriced...some good T-SHIRTS..

I couldn't reach to touch any outfits lol but I did touch the rocket.I got hubby to stand behind me to shield me from view of the security guard.I also touched Michaels Rolls Royce and the HIStory statue.

I was told that there is a soveniur guide coming out this week and it should be available online.
They didn't have the This Is It book when I went on the 7th November :(

I've just come back. So tired. Will give my thoughts tomorrow of what I think. I'll say this much now. IT'S WORTH A SECOND TRIP TO LONDON!!

It was fantastic. I spent about an hour looking around. Some great items are there for sure. I especially liked seeing all the 8 TII tickets on display. I'd kill to have all 8 in my collection :D

Does anybody know if they are actually planning a souvenir guide?? I do think it was pretty poor not allowing photographs but then not actually providing a guide available with photos already in.

I'm also pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the write ups. I'm sure it stated that HIStory was recorded in 1988!

The shop was mighty expensive, but i bought myself the 'This Is It' book and the two packs of badges.

It breaks my heart - those 'TII' tickets should have been given to the fans for much less than £75+handling, that was so ridiculous! I just wanted to rip them off the wall and distribute them to those looking round on the 8th!

I couldn't reach to touch any outfits lol but I did touch the rocket.I got hubby to stand behind me to shield me from view of the security guard.I also touched Michaels Rolls Royce and the HIStory statue.

I was told that there is a soveniur guide coming out this week and it should be available online.
They didn't have the This Is It book when I went on the 7th November :(

You touched Mike's stuff? :bugeyed

:lol: I was so worried I'd end up being thrown out for doing that! Then again I didn't have anyone to shield me from view haha.

Also, a souvenir guide would be good :) I think that maybe they should have thought it out a bit better before opening the exhibition, but I guess all of this was rather sudden. It was amazing though.

I haven't cause I'm to far away from it so,I won't be able to check it out :(

Wow, this is amazing! I can't wait to hear more about the exhibition. And any updates on this souvenir book?

I hope they have this souveneir book ready for when i go on the 6th Dec! Omg, i cant wait to touch his things. Is it behind a rope thing where you 'lean' over n touch, if you get what i mean, like cordened off or can you just walk straight up to it & touch it.

I'm going to go next week I think..thanks for all the information in this thread guys!

I hope they have this souveneir book ready for when i go on the 6th Dec! Omg, i cant wait to touch his things. Is it behind a rope thing where you 'lean' over n touch, if you get what i mean, like cordened off or can you just walk straight up to it & touch it.

Some things are in glass cabinets such as the awards his belts etc.The other things are within reach but it depends how brave you are and how long your arms are!
Around the car is a rope thing and also the rocket and statue are just roped off but are in very easy reach.There are loads of finger prints on the car lol.Everybody was touching the rocket when I went,discreetly of course!
The outfits are hard to reach and I didn't risk it.You need to really lean over to reach them,and they are not on floor level.

I asked the girl in the shop about a book and was told that the book would be filled with pics of the exhibits.She said it was so rushed to get the exhibition up and running and that is why the books not printed yet.

When you see one of those Thriller puppets which was to be used for TII you can't believe just how big they were going to be! That was going to be one hell of a show :cry:

You touched Mike's stuff? :bugeyed

Yes I did :bugeyed: I still can't believe it myself! I just couldn't resist.I don't know how someone managed in this thread to touch the gold pants,I wanted to but I would of had to of leaned right over to reach them :( They were calling to me though :cheeky:

This may be a silly question to ask but are there tickets available on entry or do you HAVE to book? I am thinking of just going today on a whim but don't want to get there and be refused entry.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the write ups. I'm sure it said that HIStory was recorded in 1988 :doh: Just next to the 'Leave Me Alone' rocket, HIStory statue and Scream chair. :D

I went on 21/11 and I loved it!! It was amazing!! :D So worth going!!!!

I went to The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition @ the O2 on Friday and I loved it!! It was amazing!!! There were so many great things to see. I really loved the original ‘Beat It’ lyrics, that was special. At the end there was a book that we could write in and it would be given to his family, so I wrote a little something. I went to the MJ shop and I wanted to buy the whole shop but my mum wouldn’t let me!!!

I'm pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the write ups. I'm sure it said that HIStory was recorded in 1988 :doh: Just next to the 'Leave Me Alone' rocket, HIStory statue and Scream chair. :D

We noticed that too...
we did a bit of touching (clothes ;) ) and snapped some photos but it was hard ;)

do the sequrity say anything about not touching the costumes? lol..stupid question, but I see and hear about people touching the costumes! I thought that was even more strict than photos

They do. We touched... and they appeared all of a sudden from nowhere and said 'no touching' Since that moment they've been following us a bit!
So be careful if you want to touch, make sure you're not seen (though we did just this and they still saw it).

Last edited:
Back