Are the Jacksons the best family act ever?

Exactly. And they were famous for their talent and for no other reasons. They were also very young too. Young children are still being influenced by them I don't know any other family that can claim that. It's no use pointing out more talented families that hardly anybody knows. How can they be influencing people if hardly anyone know of them.

The Isley's have been performing since the late 1950s, so how are they "hardly known"? Kraftwerk (not a family group) have influenced a lot of groups without huge sales. Mike even tried to work with them in the mid 80s, but they turned him (and Elton John) down because they didn't like "giving their sound away" as they put it. It doesn't matter if the general public knows a group, but that musicians or performers know them.

Last edited:
The Isley's have been performing since the late 1950s, so how are they "hardly known"? Kraftwerk (not a family group) have influenced a lot of groups without huge sales. Mike even tried to work with them in the mid 80s, but they turned him (and Elton John) down because they didn't like "giving their sound away" as they put it. It doesn't matter if the general public knows a group, but that musicians or performers know them.

The only reason they're not as known is because they never did the mainstream pop that the Jacksons did nor were their lives fodder for tabloids but within the music industry, both groups earned mad respect...and still do.

The only reason they're not as known is because they never did the mainstream pop that the Jacksons did nor were their lives fodder for tabloids but within the music industry, both groups earned mad respect...and still do.

The Jacksons / Jackson 5 were not in the tabloids and their music was mainly soul and funk .

Just overall, there are family acts with more talent then the Jackson Five. I rate people, not on their populairity, but on their talent. If Michael wasn't the biggest selling artist ever and wasn't the most famous peson on the planet, he would still be the most talented.

The Jackson's had Michael, and that's what got the group of out Indiana. Michael was and is exceptional, the other brothers really aren't. But you take a group like the Bee Gees, for example, and they're all exceptionally talented, most particularly Robin and Barry and Andy as well.

Last edited:
The Jacksons / Jackson 5 were not in the tabloids and their music was mainly soul and funk .

I'm talking about in general, not how they were back then. Of course they weren't in the tabloids since their image wouldn't allow it at the time. By the time the tabloids came though, you heard little about what they DID accomplish.

I'm talking about in general, not how they were back then. Of course they weren't in the tabloids since their image wouldn't allow it at the time. By the time the tabloids came though, you heard little about what they DID accomplish.

I dont realy understand what you mean .

You said the Jacksons /Jackson 5 were famous because they were in tabloids and made pop music , sorry but this statement is COMPLETELY faulse at that time like nowadays .

I dont think people know the Jackson 5 just beacause now there few negative articles about them regarding their financial sitution , these articles are very few ,the Tabloids never critic the Jackson 5 /Jacksons i dont know where you took this info , where do you see the group is in the tabloids even nowadays ???

A lot people know their music (i want you back , abc etc...) sure they dont know all their work but their popularity has nothing to do with the Tabloids man or something you are talking about , plus their music was mainly soul and funk i dont knwo why you are talking about Pop music since only michal made Pop music not the Jacksons 5 .

You say you are talking in "general" well i dont see where is the "general" thing here , the Jackson 5 have never been in the tabloids , never made Pop music (that the description of michael you are making here ) they were famous only because of their music man and nothing else sorry .

But if people here say the Jacksons are the most talented , they only state their opinion man , i dont know why you try to convince them about the contrary to them they are the most talented .

To me the Jacksons without michael were not at all talented only michael was exceptional , i cannot say which group was the most talented , to me no group in the music history was exceptional as a family , but i must admit that i prefer seing the Jacksons /Jackson5 performe than the Bee gees , all the other family group in a more Rock music field didnt attract my attention at all , i prefer the energy of the Jacksons .

Last edited:
While I always consider the Jackson 5 to have been R&B and Soul (and Funk as well), many people categorically place that music into "Pop" or "Bubblegum Pop".

I really don't like the term "Pop", because it seems like everything under the sun is now called pop music.

Nah, you didn't get what I mean, yeah they WERE famous for their music but are now more known for some stupid tabloid b.s., while other groups I named never got that much controversy.

But this is not to debate about how more famous they are but about who's the best group now. :lol:

The best group in my opinion is the Jacksons, I like Debarge and the bee gees, but I don't think they are the same talents, in fact they have different talents that make very hard to compare between them, but I prefer the Jacksons family, because they are well know like a group but also like a solo artist.

Michael is of course very popular, also Janet, but Jermaine Jackson in the 70's and 80's was very popular, Rebbie have lot of hit for herself, the Debarge in the other hand have just El Debarge, maybe Bunny but not so much, the bee Gees are great but are very dependant to each others.

The Jacksons have also something very powerful unlike the others, they dance very well and have some greats shows, look the jacksons in live, Michael and his brothers have a wonderful chemistry and I don't remember to see that with others group (family or not).

well when i was young the bigest two family acts were the osmonds and the jacksons lol
my cousin was hysterical over donny osmond while i was the jackson fan
and of course still am(why else would i be a proud member here lol)
so in my humble (hm)opinion yes they are the biggest

:yes: YES, of course!

What other family of siblings has had SO much success???

Not the Osmonds or the Partrich familes :no:

I also like the Nicholas Brothers, they were pretty successful in their day....even though most young people have no idea who they are now:no:

Back