Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

Michael's passing and only his. no one has ever ment so much to me. my whole life ive loved Michael. he has been the most fasinating person and most amazing performer and loving human being to ever lived. he was just so amazing. no one can ever come close to him. he suffered alot through his life and no one ever took the time to say "maybe we are going to far" when came to reporting about him and making fun of him. no body cared enough about him bc as soon as 93 rolled around things changed and no one cared about him anymore and were all too damn stupid to think about how nothing added up and since then his image was tarnished. he went from being the biggest star on the planet that everyone wanted to be just like and then he was a punch line.

when the news broke i was numb. i couldnt believe it. i though it was a cruel joke another one of those rumors made up by the media or some crazy fan who had nothing better to do but it was real. i cried soo hard that day and havent stopped since. i will never be over michael's death and the healing even though it has somewhat started but i know i will never be over his passing. he was just way to important to me and music to just not care about and forget. i miss him dearly.

Only Michael for me. Though back in the early to mid 90s I was quite a big Nirvana fan. And I was shock to hear about Kurt Cobain's death. But his death didn't touch me even though I love Nirvana. But his death I was pretty much over with in a day or so. I guess because his death was a suicide. And I am really not for artists who killed themselves. Michael's death has really effected me the most. His death had a major impact on me. And his death still effects me now. Even the family members I had lost in the past 11 years. Their deaths I was pretty much over with in a day or so. But Michael's death I will never ever be over with. I guess it is because I have never lost any one that I had love to murder before. That is the main reason I have that I will never be over his death.

The deaths of 3 famous people have seriously moved me and rocked me to my core: Elvis, Princess Diana, and MJ. I can honestly say that MJ's has been the most difficult. I also don't think that I will ever feel a loss like this with any other celebrity ever again.

Michael and George Harrison. John Lennon's death has touched me and has made me very sad that he is no longer here with us and that he left behind a wife and two sons (ages 17 and 5), even though he died 11 years before I was born. I've always wondered what John and George would be up to nowadays if they were still here on Earth.

Only Michael, I will never understand why he was taken away from us... and if there is a higher power, I will never forgive them for not allowing me the chance to say goodbye.

Only Michael, I will never understand why he was taken away from us... and if there is a higher power, I will never forgive them for not allowing me the chance to say goodbye.

Aww, reminds me of my dad's death. He died when I was 3. He knew he was gonna die but never said goodbye to us. It's been more than 20 years, my sister still cries when she talks about him. She is the only one still having a hard time with my dad's death. She goes to my dad's grave site at least three times in a year, she can't let go.

Marvin Gaye. It was so tragic and senseless. He was a genius and left much too soon. I was actually angry about his death for a while.

Also ,Minnie Riperton who lost her battle with cancer at age 31 when her star was really rising and her daughter (Maya Rudolph) was just a toddler.

Last edited:
The deaths of 3 famous people have seriously moved me and rocked me to my core: Elvis, Princess Diana, and MJ. I can honestly say that MJ's has been the most difficult. I also don't think that I will ever feel a loss like this with any other celebrity ever again.

Same for me. I've been sad and upset over other celebrity deaths, but Michael's was the ultimate and always will be the ultimate one for me. His death really touched me like no other. I've never cried so much over someone I didn't even know. I mean I shed a tear when Aaliayah, Princess Di and a few others died, but when I found out Mike died I cried hysterically and could hardly get out of bed for days. It was really bad. I miss him.

Same for me. I've been sad and upset over other celebrity deaths, but Michael's was the ultimate and always will be the ultimate one for me. His death really touched me like no other. I've never cried so much over someone I didn't even know. I mean I shed a tear when Aaliayah, Princess Di and a few others died, but when I found out Mike died I cried hysterically and could hardly get out of bed for days. It was really bad. I miss him.

Sounds like the way I was about Michael Cinnamon. I had spent like a month or so in my bed cause that was the only place I had wanted to be. Thankfully I had my black laptop computer to be on as I was in bed. So I could continue on being in my MJ sites. I mean I had really taken Michael's death extremely hard. It still tends to be really bad for me at times. Especially whenever I look at my Opus book. But I am still really trying though.

I know it's hard. You have to try and be strong but there are times when it just hits you that he's not here anymore.

To sum it up, Michael's death is one celebrity death I will never get over fully.

Steve Irwin .. But most Michael :(.. im grateful to know them both before they pass away

and other artist were I wasnt born yet.. Marilyn Monroe and Freddie Mercury :(

I will never understand eather. Michael's passing is just so hard for me to get over. i know i will never get over it. and btw i LOVE your siggy!! Michael looks so beautiful in that picture! its like he is looking right at you.

Michael's death affected me the most out of all of the celebrity deaths..I still can't believe he's not here with us..Aaliyah's death affected me as well, but not as much as MJ's..

Heaven has the best line-up man, almost all the greats are up there!

I so wish I was born earlier to have experienced them more around.

Heaven is jammin' right now..I can't wait to be up there to see all of the greats perform again..

I was torn when Aaliyah and Left Eye passed away.

Aaliyah was so kind to family when they met her and she was a kind soul, Left was a kind soul and I actually was able to met and hang out with her, I'm good friends with her brother as well.

I can't believe 3 of my favorite people have been taken away from me :(

I'm torn when anyone passes away.

Michael of course.

And then Jim Morrison probably. And that's pretty much it. And Freddie Mercury maybe? I haven't lived on their era but anyway.

But then there's Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, two wrestlers.

Deffintally Michaels

Iv been suprised when other famous people have died
But i have never reacted the way i did when Michael past
Its still hard to belive hes not hear.

Mother Teresa & Princess Diana because I admired them,wanted to be like them,meet them & grew up with a love for them.

Heath Ledger for his movies but for being my best friend for a month.

Michael for is love & understand of others. His words that he spoke to a friend & I & for making that meeting last a lifetime :)

Michael. I was upset when Aaliyah and Left Eye passed away too, but that doesn't even compare to the pain I feel after losing Michael.

Last edited:
No other celebrity death has touched me, saddened me and affected me like Michael Jackson's has. Unlike the others listed below, Michael was there (tv, records, videos, etc) from the time I was a little girl until his death when I was 45. So his loss was a huge blow for me.

Others that shook me up were...

John F. Kennedy Jr. - I was in complete shock the morning I turned on the news to learn that his plane was missing and then eventually that he was gone. I could not believe this beautiful, healthy, vibrant, gentle man was dead. I was in denial for quite some time about this. I saw him in person once riding his bike in NYC. I was so touched by his death that my sister and I both paid our respects and visited his apartment building in Tribeca where people were laying flowers and gifts. It was quite a sight.

Princess Diana - Again, such a beautiful, vibrant, gentle human being gone forever and at such a young age. It just isn't fair. I admired her so much. So graceful and stylish. I so remember when her hairstyle while engaged to Charles was all the rage. She was such a fashion icon and a good mother. Goodbye Shy Di.

John Lennon - It was heartbreaking to realize for the first time with this senseless tragedy that a Beatles reunion could never ever be, no matter what. I was 17 when Lennon was killed and I remember watching the coverage on the local news. I remember so well the fans gathering outside of the Dakotas. I remember his new song "just like starting over" being played repeatedly on the radio in the days after.

Elvis - I was almost 14 when he died. This was big news. I remember having a little crush on Elvis when I was about 6 or 7. I remember seeing the picture of him laying in his casket on the front page of the Daily News.

Karen Carpenter - That beautiful, smooth, crystal clear singing voice that I grew up listening to silenced forever. It was just too sad.

John Ritter - Unbelievable. I grew up watching him on television (The Waltons, Three's Company) and he was just about the funniest actor/comedian...and the nicest.

Farrah Fawcett - I was very, very sad about this news even though it was expected. Farrah was my 70's hair and teeth idol! A part of my youth was taken with her. My sadness for her passing was quickly interrupted within hours by the ever so UNEXPECTED passing of the King of Pop that very same day. Another piece of my childhood and youth stolen forever.

Honorable mention: Andy Gibb, talented teen idol sorely missed.

Last edited:
No one's passing has affected me as much as Michael's. But there were several other musical artists' deaths that saddened me very much. John Lennon's senseless murder shocked me. Maurice Gibb's sudden death as well. Luther, perhaps not totally unexpected considering his health problems, but a great loss none the less. George Harrison's death from a brain tumor seemed so tragic. James Brown's apparent sudden death from pneumonia was unexpected and sad.

May they all rest in peace or be making some great music together in a place far away-

Back