Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

i say michael 's death got me thinking about if there is alife after death/ what are we living for? but for unknow reason i picking on something strange and the clues i get is that michael fake his death?
but why saomeone from my flamily died i will try to get some contion with them so i can say goodbey
i once had a friend that died but i was get strange clues but later that same year i find out he only fake his own death?

Michael's, and although I wasn't alive went it happened, Freddie Mercury's. I've cried over those two a lot :(

I agree and just wanted to add my thought's about Freddie.....

Growing up my mother was a HUGE fan of Queen. I remember listening to the greatest hits cassette tape every morning on my way to school. "Hammer to Fall" was the first song I remember learning all the words to, and even though I was only 4 years old I remember my mother being devastated when he passed. As I grew older I just fell more in love with Queen's amazing music and Freddie's voice....that voice was truly a gift from God. In a way I think Freddie was the reason that I became so drawn to MJ. They could both work a crowd like no other, were out of the ordinary, and changed the face of music. I was SO excited when I got my ticket to see MJ in London.....I was finally going to hear that voice in person, something that I never had the opportunity to do with Freddie But I guess the man upstairs had different plans because it wasn't meant to be.

I love them both dearly and will miss them everyday

Aaliyah, Left Eye, James Brown and Michael Jackson.

Michael and Jim Henson and Princess Diana.

Last edited:
Elvis Presley, Michael Hutchence and Michael Jackson. Those were/are most personal to me.

Michael Jackson's passing was def tough on me :( i couldnt stop crying for 2,3 days he was/is one of the only artists that has had a major influence in my life and was the soundtrack of my childhood.

well i wasnt born back then, but marilyn monroe. ive been a fan for a long time and i was upset at how her last years played out. she deserved so much better.

Michael for certain. I've never felt this way about a celebrity before. He was more than a celebrity, he was a misunderstood and selfless angel who cared for this world more than any other person. He should never have suffered all he did on this earth and that is why he will mean more to me than anyone else.

When Princess Diana died I felt very sad for her passing too, but not as much as I was for Michael's passing. I couldn't believe she died so young, she was really trying to do good for this world too.

Aaliyah and Michael Jackson
Aaliyah's death was very shocking and hurt me deeply. I felt she never got the chance to become as big a star she would have become with movies and music. I really loved her and she was such a nice lady.

Michael's really shocked me. It still hurts. I wish others would have appreciated him more and showed him more love. The U.S. began to become one of his least favorite places and I didn't blame him. He was on the verge to show the world he still has it. I never thought anyone would murder the biggest entertainer to ever exist. It never crossed my mind. I really hope that just will be served soon and not one of those mystery things. I love MJ.:wub:

aaliyah-haughton-picture-2.jpg
michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

Michael I can see your Halo!:angel:

Besides Michael...

Freddie Mercury, I was just a kid but when I saw the tribute concert or something on TV I understood that this was a great man. I became a fan of The Queen after 1991.

Princess Diana, because I was really into her at that time.

Aaliyah, because she was the same age as I was, same whith Heath Ledger but only in that aspect. I hadn't heard of Aaliyah excetp from my cousin who was into hip-hop at that time. Left Eye. Anna Nicole Smith's death was just so Boom! I didn't really know anything about her except what was in the magazines and her marriage...in a way she reminded me of Dolly Parton or Marilyn Monroe even though I think MM had more brains for real. Sweet though.

Michael Jackson, Fred Rogers, Johnnie Taylor, George Harrison, James Brown, Jimmy Stewart, Audrey Hepburn are the ones that come to mind for me. Maybe Falco, I was a fan of his in the 80s. But with him, it was more of a stunned feeling than sadness. I was kinda upset about Aaliyah & Left Eye as well. I remember hearing on the radio that John Lennon had been shot, but I don't think I really comprehended what death was at the time. Mr. Rogers & Michael were the only ones I recalled crying about though I was very sad about some of the others.

Michael Jackson, Fred Rogers, Johnnie Taylor, George Harrison, James Brown, Jimmy Stewart, Audrey Hepburn are the ones that come to mind for me. Maybe Falco, I was a fan of his in the 80s. But with him, it was more of a stunned feeling than sadness. I was kinda upset about Aaliyah & Left Eye as well. I remember hearing on the radio that John Lennon had been shot, but I don't think I really comprehended what death was at the time. Mr. Rogers & Michael were the only ones I recalled crying about though I was very sad about some of the others.

I read the whole thread just to see if someone mentioned George Harrison.
For me, besides Michael, his death was the only one that really touched me deeply. I loved this man, grew up with Beatles, but I really loved George's solo albums, down to earth nature, wit, sense of humour, personality, spirituality... I was really, really, really sad when he passed away.
Michael ... I am hurt. Devastated. The feeling just won't let go...

George & Michael are the only ones that really touched me.

Last edited:
I read the whole thread just to see if someone mentioned George Harrison.
For me, besides Michael, his death was the only one that really touched me deeply. I loved this man, grew up with Beatles, but I really loved George's solo albums, down to earth nature, wit, sense of humour, personality, spirituality... I was really, really, really sad when he passed away.
Michael ... I am hurt. Devastated. The feeling just won't let go... It's different. I've never been that ... hurt ... over any celebrity dying. George & Michael are the only ones that really touched me... and it hurts to lose them, even now.
I was upset when that guy broke in Friar Park and stabbed George and he almost died. Some believe that contributed to his death later, because the cancer had been in control until then. This nut said The Beatles were witches that had to be stopped. I didn't understand how the guy got in anyway, because Friar Park was well guarded. John Lennon just walked around in the open with no bodyguards or security, but George was very reclusive and didn't seek out the limelight.
2953288.jpg

2dj147m.jpg

Def. Michael, the music came secondary to me after finding out what kind of person he was...

Before Michael, well I was always a little bit sad that Marvin Gaye passed away, eventho I wasn't even alive at the time it happened. It wasn't like with Michael, I just thought it was a real shame he's dead, but it didn't really made me cry or something, just frustrated.

Only Michael's death has really hit me hard.. Besides of course family members dying or pets.

Michael was and is the one that touches me the most. I always knew when he died I would take it bad.:(

Only Michael. Nobody's death except my uncle and my grandma affected me like that. In some ways MJs death was worse because it was unexpected and there are so many unanswered questions.

Many artists death's have touched me, but two artists I have always been fascinated with and whose deaths have touched me the most are:

:angel::angel::angel:

terrell-sm.jpg

Tammi Terrell

I've always loved Tammi Terrell since I was a kid and first saw the video for "Aint No Mountain High Enough". I loved her voice and thought she was so spunky and cute.

I've always wondered what my fascination was with Michael and Tammi though and now I think I know. Besides me just loving both of their voices and adoring their music, both had innocent, sweet child like qualities to them, which i've always found endearing. Well Tammi was a sassy little thing lol, but she was like a woman-child in many ways. She was only 24 afterall when she passed. Michael wasn't always Mr. Innocent either lol, but overall he was very caring and loving as we all know. Not too many adults have that innocent quality about them that MJ did. He was very unique and special in that way. I've never seen anyone else like him.

Michael and Tammi I have always loved and adored for some reason though. I wasn't even alive when Tammi died, but I have listened to all her solo records, read books about her and just became a huge fan over the years. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only hardcore Tammi Terrell fan. I don't know of too many people who love her like I do and there isn't much information about her out there.

Either way, their deaths have touched me more than anyone. I know not everyone believes in the afterlife and heaven, but I do and it comforts me in some way to think that both Michael & Tammi are up there in Heaven smiling and singing away with their beautiful angelic voices. I love them both so much. I really wish I could have met them . One of my biggest regrets is that I never got a chance to see Michael in concert. Don't think I can ever get over that one. I've seen everyone else that I wanted to see except Michael...it just sucks so much that he's not here.

Fellow Tammi fan here. :)

I hate how that brain tumor cut her life so short, I have always wondered what she would be doing today. And I wish I can out much more about her. (not talking about wiki either)

As for artists deaths, any artist that has died young has effected me because I have a feeling that they could be doing lots more if they hadn't died.

Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury, Donny Hathaway, John & George from The Beatles.

Many more but this is just too sad :(

When I was little I was touched by Freddie Mercury's death, I don't remember myself that clear in 1991 but I remember I cried while watching some of the Queen's concerts and listening to some of their music and knowing he is not alive.
But I have never been so touched, so broken emotionally and then phisically before Michael. I can say I have never felt so bad in my life :(

Only Michael's.... I was just heartbroken. :boohoo:

For other celebrities, I sympathize with the family members but it never made me cry.

I was upset when that guy broke in Friar Park and stabbed George and he almost died. Some believe that contributed to his death later, because the cancer had been in control until then. This nut said The Beatles were witches that had to be stopped. I didn't understand how the guy got in anyway, because Friar Park was well guarded. John Lennon just walked around in the open with no bodyguards or security, but George was very reclusive and didn't seek out the limelight.
2953288.jpg

2dj147m.jpg

Yeah I know. I read somewhere a few words Dhani had to say about that night. It was rough :(
thanks for those photos I have never seen them actually, thanks a lot :wub: 2 loves :wub:

Aaliyah, Freddie Mercury, Michael Hutchence, Luther Vandross and James Brown. Aaliyah's death has upset me the most as she was very young when she passed and she had a amazing future ahead of her. It also upset me when I found out how she died. Must have been terrible and scarey.

There's shocked and then there's being upset. I've been shocked at a lot of celebrity deaths from Diana, to Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Stephen Gately etc. But only one has upset me and that's Michael's death. Losing Michael was like losing a family member and I really struggled with his death. I was working 50 hour weeks just so I had something else to think about. If I wasn't working I was thinking of Michael and it was just too painful. It got to the stage where I didn't even think the pain would ease. Finding this place was a god send and it really helped me cope. The pain has gotten easier but it will never go away. I still cant fully comprehend the fact that he's gone and I miss him so much.

Luther and James Brown definitely got to me. Even more sad than Luther's death was that interview he did with Oprah. He sang a bit of "Buy Me A Rose" I think, quite painful to see one of the greatest R&B voices of our time reduced so much.

Back